REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 10-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #2601
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Thanked 1,133 Times in 230 Posts
Just saw a minivan signaling left... ON THE GODDAMN RIGHT TURN LANE and holding up the line while the minivan was slowly crawling over crosswalk waiting for the light to green...
back up and change lane?
Advertisement

[29-04, 00:14] El Bastardo: Santofu isn't the hero Revscene needs, but hes the hero Revscene deserves
Old 10-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #2602
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzz786786 View Post

he IS gonna get a ticket. running a late red while there are other vehicles/pedestrians on the road is ILLEGAL.

he clearly broke the law and if he doesn't get a ticket then fuck you justice system.
Red-light running jumps 50 per cent in Vancouver; BCAA 'outraged'

Quote:
Only one in four offenders ticketed

Lamb said he was delighted ICBC had expanded the program, but questioned why the cameras are only active part-time.

While the distinctive flash still goes off any time someone blows a red light, a ticket is only sent out in 25 per cent of cases. Each digital licence-plate capture must be analyzed by an RCMP officer before the infraction notice is sent out.

Milner said the logic behind the 25-per-cent rule is in part to avoid the program being seen as a tax grab.

At $167 a ticket, in 2011 there was $5.1-million worth of tickets issued, compared with $3.4 million in 2010.

Revenue generated by the tickets goes into provincial coffers to pay for traffic initiatives for all of B.C., whether they have cameras or not.

Milner said the 25-per-cent rule is also in place to keep continuity with the old analog system, where cameras were moved from location to location so an intersection had a camera in place 25 per cent of the time.

Milner said that while the new digital cameras are permanent, ICBC wanted to be consistent and only ticket people 25 per cent of the time at one location.

The rest of the time the cameras will still flash and collect data on the number of vehicles deemed to be running a red light without generating a ticket.

“There is no evidence that a 100-per-cent activation level is optimal,” Milner said.

The cameras may achieve the maximum goal of reducing crashes because the cameras work in the same way that the bait-car program does, as a deterrent, said Milner.

Lamb said the cameras should issue tickets 24 hours a day, even if it generates millions in revenue.

“These are good, solid tickets,” he said. “Anybody who goes through a red light is endangering the lives of others. These people have to be stopped. It’s an effective way of penalizing people who think their time is more important than the safety of others.”

Read more: Red-light running jumps 50 per cent in Vancouver; BCAA 'outraged'
Old 10-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #2603
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,824 Times in 498 Posts
Still, why the hell risk it? There are times when someone may be cruising up to a red light, and it's timed so that it turns green just before he gets there. No moving the foot from brake to gas and starting from a stop, it's 50 kmh right away. Red light runners will smack those guys, window or no window.

Imo, it's not about getting a ticket or not. It's about being a safe driver and not getting freakin' injured or even killed.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #2604
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 3,408 Times in 786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slnna6 View Post
Just because it flashes doesn't mean there's a ticket coming.

Running a red like that doesn't = dangerous. There's a small window where everyone will face a red. If you go through on that window & know how long that window is, nothing is going to happen. Just watch out for left turners hanging in the intersection and right turners coming off of the cross street.

On top of that small window, there's also time taken for the driver at the front to find the gas pedal and take off. I don't use this to justify running red lights, but it does decrease the chances of something happening if you incorrectly run a red.
Like you?

That guy's getting a ticket.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #2605
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakucaekz View Post
Still, why the hell risk it? There are times when someone may be cruising up to a red light, and it's timed so that it turns green just before he gets there. No moving the foot from brake to gas and starting from a stop, it's 50 kmh right away. Red light runners will smack those guys, window or no window.

Imo, it's not about getting a ticket or not. It's about being a safe driver and not getting freakin' injured or even killed.
The window is ALWAYS there. The person on the cross street timing the light to turn green will not enter on a red. When a red light is ran properly (using the window of time where BOTH lights are red) nothing will happen.

I also keep that in mind and run my reds accordingly. It's easier where there is nothing blocking corner view so you can see what's coming up on the cross street. I won't run reds without that window of time OR a lack of visibility.

Red light runners that do it wrong make a bad name for us good ones that actually know what we're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Like you?

That guy's getting a ticket.
No. Cross street light was still red. The red light was ran properly in that example.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #2606
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,392 Times in 251 Posts
Running a red light properly..
I didn't realize there was a proper way of committing a moving violation.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #2607
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.f0ng View Post
Running a red light properly..
I didn't realize there was a proper way of committing a moving violation.
Like with any skill, amateurs will practice until they get it right and experts will practice until they can't get it wrong.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #2608
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,281 Times in 196 Posts
Quote:
Like with any skill, amateurs will practice until they get it right and experts will practice until they can't get it wrong.

Window or no window, expert or amateur, you're still being an obnoxious dickwad who is persistently trying to justify running a red with a complete disregard for others on the road. Why have traffic lights? Why doesn't everybody think like slnna6 and cross an intersection regardless of what color the light is?

Just shut the fuck up and take a minute to look at what you're posting
Old 10-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #2609
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW607 View Post

Window or no window, expert or amateur, you're still being an obnoxious dickwad who is persistently trying to justify running a red with a complete disregard for others on the road. Why have traffic lights? Why doesn't everybody think like slnna6 and cross an intersection regardless of what color the light is?

Just shut the fuck up and take a minute to look at what you're posting
As an expert at what I do, I am more important than others on the road. I also have all others on the road accounted for so that nothing negative happens when I am running red lights.

If I weren't safe or an expert at what I do, my girlfriend wouldn't trust me with her car. Neither would any of my friends. But they all consider me to be a very skilled driver.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #2610

Thanked 2,893 Times in 757 Posts
Just make sure you take your N with you when you change cars.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #2611

Thanked 1,360 Times in 315 Posts
Why are all of you feeding a troll?

Last edited by broken_arrow; 01-18-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #2612
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman66 View Post
Just make sure you take your N with you when you change cars.
It's a "Z"
Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #2613

Thanked 1,021 Times in 217 Posts
i dont get how you guys dont understand he's trolling you guys lol
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #2614

Thanked 1,281 Times in 196 Posts
Quote:
As an expert at what I do, I am more important than others on the road
Yeah, you guys are right.
A+ troll, would feed again
Old 10-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #2615
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,486 Times in 408 Posts
Quote:
As an expert at what I do, I am more important than others on the road. I also have all others on the road accounted for so that nothing negative happens when I am running red lights.

If I weren't safe or an expert at what I do, my girlfriend wouldn't trust me with her car. Neither would any of my friends. But they all consider me to be a very skilled driver.
So any guesses as to how this guy ever got his license? Or anyone wanna take bets his mom is a C-Lai?

why are you driving your girlfriends car? Did your expert skills not save your car from mishap?
Old 10-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #2616
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,959 Times in 443 Posts
Quote:
Just because it flashes doesn't mean there's a ticket coming.

Running a red like that doesn't = dangerous. There's a small window where everyone will face a red. If you go through on that window & know how long that window is, nothing is going to happen. Just watch out for left turners hanging in the intersection and right turners coming off of the cross street.

On top of that small window, there's also time taken for the driver at the front to find the gas pedal and take off. I don't use this to justify running red lights, but it does decrease the chances of something happening if you incorrectly run a red.

true enough every red camera light flashes is reviewed by a person before a ticket is issued, but that is one late red that the guy ran. ticket for sure. someone ban this troll already.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:10 AM   #2617
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan S View Post
Taxis in Richmond do that for fun all the time. I swore at one for hitting the brakes HARD and screwing up traffic for a fare that didn't materialize.

They don't care about anyone else on the road and I've found its getting worse.
Drive faster = more customers = more money!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #2618
this is the hardest n***a of all time

Thanked 4,417 Times in 1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorn View Post
i dont get how you guys dont understand he's trolling you guys lol
i believe in his stupidity

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

Old 10-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #2619
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

let the photos of shitty/dangerous drivers in the Vancouver rain begin...
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #2620
I don't get it

Yep, a few months of good weather and everyone's driving like shit with the first rainfall. Good grief.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #2621

Thanked 2,420 Times in 799 Posts
^^ 100% agreed. Was stuck behind people yesterday doing 30 in a 50 cuz of the rain..
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #2622
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

The first thing I noticed when I moved to Winnipeg is that the lights here don't have the 1-2 second gap where all sides are red. The cross traffic INSTANTLY turns green as soon as the other lights switch to red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
really?.. some reason im afraid of taking shits after ghost movies.. i always think about what if a ghost's hand came out of the toilet and grabbed my nuts or stuck its hand in my ass -___________-.... i mean if it came outa the mirror id have reaction time to run but the toilets.. thats a pretty good blind spot to sneak up on people from -_____- ...
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #2623

Thanked 1,360 Times in 315 Posts
First accident... On Granville on my way to the airport. Smart lost.

Last edited by broken_arrow; 01-18-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #2624

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Saw a spun out 240sx in the ditch just off the onramp from steveston heading to vancouver around 6:30 last night. Car was smoking pretty bad, called 911 hope hes okay.
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
Old 10-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #2625

white 4 door civic took out a light post on the 91 nordel off ramp last night around 12am. Then as i was going up the hill towards scott road i had a blue civic pull out, stop with his bumper in the intersection as i got to the crosswalk. i got on the brakes and he pulled out infront of me and accelerated at a snails pace... I was inch's from his bumper when i came to a full stop. I could have got out and kicked the car he drove so slow! i just gave him a death glare for the entire red light at scottroad