REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 12-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #3126
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,507 Times in 512 Posts
Middle aged asian balding guy in a 02ish beige Civic sedan last night on the bridge that goes to Richmond ending at Alderbridge. It was raining and he was camping the left lane pretty slowly, unfortunately with me behind him. All the cars on the right lane were passing us, and after a minute or so 10+ cars had passed us so I flashed him once (wasn't enough room to cut in the right lane to pass :|). He continues to drive at the same speed, and then 10 seconds later brake checks me. After that he continues driving, and 5 seconds later brake checks me again. I was a good 1.5 car lengths away from him the entire time. After we get off the bridge I had a chance to cut on the right lane and pass him, and then cut back onto the left lane and the guy turns on his high beams to blind me. I looked back in the rear view mirror and saw him still camping the left lane going pretty slow and after a few seconds 3 cars had already passed him and cut in front of him so the high beams didn't affect me. Surprised a late 50s looking guy can still be so immature
Advertisement

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
E46 325ci Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 90 NA Miata
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci
Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #3127
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Unfortunately some people young and old, have the mentality that the slower they go, the safer the driver they are. ATLEAST try to do it on the right lane
Old 12-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #3128
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I don't drive in Vancouver often but this isn't a double turning lane is it? SW bound Thurlow turning left onto West Georgia

driver still couldn't decide where to turn around after turning onto lougheed behind me
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #3129
this is the hardest n***a of all time

Thanked 4,444 Times in 1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZordosZZ View Post
I don't drive in Vancouver often but this isn't a double turning lane is it? SW bound Thurlow turning left onto West Georgia
double turning lane? - YouTube

driver still couldn't decide where to turn around after turning onto lougheed behind me
where are you going? - YouTube
your avatar says it all

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

Old 12-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #3130
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,321 Times in 262 Posts
I woke up this morning, to see my neighbors fantastic parking.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #3131
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

for trail gaters up my ass, what i do is not to hard brake
(i used to do that...but if they're too close or inattentive an accident can happen, escalating things needlessly)

instead I slow down, look into the rear view mirror so they can see me, shake my head and then wave
my right hand/thumb visibly backwards as if to say ''back off now! get the fuck off my tail, asshole!''

that usually does the trick

...they can't proceed at all...so they usually ''get it'' and back off...or move to the other lane

btw i'm most always in the slower right hand lane, too, when driving on both the street or highways
....and doing the speed limit or even slightly above
(unless i want to pass or get somewhere faster, thus getting in the left hand lane for a period of time)
... so there's no excuse for that kind of aggressive stuff.

more nominees for the darwin body bag awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
hard brake my friend
keeps the tailgaters away

Last edited by canali; 12-02-2012 at 12:33 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #3132
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,360 Times in 315 Posts
Why are people constantly driving with their high-beams on??? WHY!?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #3133
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 4,135 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_arrow View Post
"oh wow, look how bright this is? I should use this all the time! "
Old 12-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #3134
no

Thanked 5,102 Times in 1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_arrow View Post
not sure if car behind has highbeams on or my car is just too low

on a serious note, yes i fucking hate these highbeam morons
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #3135
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
not sure if car behind has highbeams on or my car is just too low

on a serious note, yes i fucking hate these highbeam morons
yea if u have a jeep behind u, from a far distance u'll think he has his high beams on. i need one of thoes auto dimming mirrors.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #3136
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

This happens far too often, people merging and their goal is to merge across any number of lanes to get to the left lane. Either it is 2, 3 or 4 lanes.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #3137

3 videos of people and red lights...

This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #3138
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,462 Times in 1,712 Posts
All in Richmond, and right outside my work. How surprising *sigh*
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-03-2012, 05:00 AM   #3139
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Thanked 1,338 Times in 366 Posts
wow, last one was impressive. Nice sharing the road.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #3140
RS controls my life!

trucker no signal nothing, wasn't even speeding its just the truck was going slower cause of the hill , why can't they just stay in their own lanes or at least signal
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #3141
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,335 Times in 1,122 Posts
I have a question I need to ask, as I may have pulled a shitty driver move today

A bus was stopped at a bus stop with its hazards on letting people on. Traffic was heavy and moving slowly. The bus didn't seem like it was going to be moving anytime soon. It is a one-lane section of 152nd though the bus has its own little shoulder section so when it stops other cars can pass on the primary lane. As always, I proceeded with caution since buses are pretty unpredictable, but as I nearly reached the front of the bus (far forward enough that the driver could've seen me by just turning his head), it started moving into the main lane without any care that I was beside it. I had to swerve into the centre lined area to avoid getting hit.

This image might illustrate the situation better than me describing it.

I usually tend to avoid driving on right lanes in transit-heavy routes, but this was simply unavoidable. Was this a fault on my part or am I supposed to simply wait behind a bus at all times? I'm aware that all traffic is supposed to yield to buses, but when I'm literally right up head-to-head beside with it?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #3142
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^ if there is enough room in front of the bus and enough room for that bus to pull out of its stop. Then I just stop where I am and let the bus pull out. If there isn't enough room for the bus to pull out then I'll drive forward. If I cannot drive forward and I'm stuck there I make sure the driver can see and hear me being beside him. That way he doesn't pull out and swipe me.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #3143
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 5,689 Times in 1,532 Posts
I've driven down this road (168th Street) countless times and I haven't ran into any shenanigans.. until now

2015 Scion FRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #3144
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurochevy View Post
terrible drivers - YouTube
trucker no signal nothing, wasn't even speeding its just the truck was going slower cause of the hill , why can't they just stay in their own lanes or at least signal
trucker - YouTube

Lolol good thing there's not audio or else you can here my freaking out ahahah lol!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #3145
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,824 Times in 498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurochevy View Post
terrible drivers - YouTube
trucker - YouTube
That idiot thought it was a red light for him too. The amount of stupidity.. it hurts.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:07 AM   #3146
vvd
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akinari-kun View Post
I have a question I need to ask, as I may have pulled a shitty driver move today

A bus was stopped at a bus stop with its hazards on letting people on. Traffic was heavy and moving slowly. The bus didn't seem like it was going to be moving anytime soon. It is a one-lane section of 152nd though the bus has its own little shoulder section so when it stops other cars can pass on the primary lane. As always, I proceeded with caution since buses are pretty unpredictable, but as I nearly reached the front of the bus (far forward enough that the driver could've seen me by just turning his head), it started moving into the main lane without any care that I was beside it. I had to swerve into the centre lined area to avoid getting hit.

This image might illustrate the situation better than me describing it.

I usually tend to avoid driving on right lanes in transit-heavy routes, but this was simply unavoidable. Was this a fault on my part or am I supposed to simply wait behind a bus at all times? I'm aware that all traffic is supposed to yield to buses, but when I'm literally right up head-to-head beside with it?
I find that quite a few bus drivers are really shitty when pulling out (that's what she said ). They either don't really check that it's clear (only glance at the mirror) and just assume they can go right ahead or they signal that they're leaving the stop pretty much the same second they hit the gas... or both. I've been on so many buses that have pulled away from a stop only to come to a sudden and terrifying screeching halt a couple of meters later because there was a car right beside them.

If I'm behind a bus at the stop on a one lane, I usually follow the bus and pass it while it's pulling in/pretty much stopped at the next stop. Then I can be more sure that I have enough time to pass the bus before it pulls away.

edit: to add to this, my friend was in the same situation as you once, except he actually got hit (front passenger). I think ICBC made the call for 50/50. Pure bullshit. Becareful.

Last edited by vvd; 12-04-2012 at 06:13 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 AM   #3147
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Bus drivers sometimes don't check their mirrors at all. There was one time, at the on-ramp from bridgeport towards Oak bridge, when I had the right of way and the bus was merging from the second entrance, it didn't bother checking and ran me off to the grass.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #3148
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,632 Times in 271 Posts
Encountered this bozo driving a black Lincoln Navigator with black rims at hwy 91 on my commute to work this mornign. He cut me off to the point where I had to slam my breaks to avoid rear ending him. I honked at him to let him know that he's cutting it too close. I then moved to the other lane (right lane) and he gives me a stare like he did nothing wrong. If that's not enough, he follows me all the way through Queensborough Connector onto Stewardson Way, trying to cut me every opportunity that he can in heavy traffic. However, the look on this guy's face when I turned right at an intersection was priceless
Old 12-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #3149

what gets me is .. even police dont care most of the time,

going down east on 1st last night. a woman in civic was blocking traffic as she tried to squeeze behind a truck waiting to turn west on 1st. she was impeding a whole lane (for a good 2-3 min, maybe more after i passed her),,, police was right behind me, he changed lanes and nothing.

i wonder if police sees cars with highbeams or impeding traffice. if they do anything about it ...
Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #3150
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 5,619 Times in 1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
yea if u have a jeep behind u, from a far distance u'll think he has his high beams on. i need one of thoes auto dimming mirrors.

this is why i have HID high beams... fckers stop high beaming me pretty quick when i turn them on!

high beams are only for highway driving in dark conditions with NO traffic near! only time i use it