REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #3551
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,824 Times in 498 Posts
You somehow always get the shittiest of the shitty drivers.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #3552
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,321 Times in 262 Posts
Which is unfortunate, I almost wrote off a company vehicle today cause some idiot in a "bro truck" didn't shoulder check on the Iron Workers memorial this afternoon.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #3553
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,092 Times in 3,338 Posts
So I'm eastbound Hwy. 1 last night, just past Brunette... preparing to move over to the United exits. Couple cars ahead of me I see this beat-up white Crown Vic looking like an ex-unmarked. He moves into the first exit lane and is cruising forward. Then a guy a little further up starts to move over in front of him, not cutting him off, but definitely getting in his way. And then the blue flashy lights come on in the front window of the CV. No other lights, and just sparkly blue, looking like something on the dash. No other lights, no corner-marker flashers, and something about these doesn't look right - they're... too sparkly, is the only way to describe it.

Anyway, dude in the slower car moves back into his original lane and the CV blows by... I follow him off the exit (because that's where I'm going), and end up a couple cars back of him all the way down the Mary Hill Bypass. And Mr. Crown Vic is tailgating, making quick, jerky lane changes, cutting people off... basically driving like an asshole. And getting nowhere, as I stayed 2-3 cars behind him just cruising along in the right lane.

Then at some point nearing the Pitt Bridge I catch up to him and slide past him on the right... look over... and there's this wad of something on the dash that looks suspiciously like a bunch of Christmas lights... and a couple of unshaven douchebags in jackets and toques looking like your basic low-rent drug dealers.

So either this is a UC car from the cheapest police force EVER, or it's some knob that got it cheap at a police auction and fancies himself some sort of wannabe cop, using some sparkly blue Christmas lights to play the role.

Buddy bolts it once we hit the Pitt Bridge and is long gone, and by the time I turn on Harris to head into Pitt Meadows he's nowhere to be seen... well, until a couple sets of lights later when I slide up beside him again. I turn off just after the tracks and lose sight of him...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Old 01-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #3554
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,307 Times in 670 Posts
^should get their plate and called it in.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[26-06, 19:29] Mr.Stubbz too big for meeeee

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you
Old 01-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #3555
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,263 Times in 545 Posts
Only the fifth day of the new year and I've already encountered two drunk driving fucks in Surrey.
Tonight on 144 and 64 guy in a Jaguar sedan is driving on the wrong side of the road and wanted to play chicken with me. Swerves into the proper lane and then does another jerky swerve into the opposing lane. It happened too fast so I couldn't grab the license plate. If he hadn't moved into his lane I probably would have been jammed into the 4x4 behind me.

Gotta save the non emergency line for rcmp cause there's a cop shop along 144.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #3556
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Dude rolls back so nonchalantly too. Had to honk but he still kept rolling after so I reversed to prevent getting bumped.
(Motor Vehicle Act, Section 169)

http://www.icbc.com/csDelPrd/Satelli...&ssbinary=true
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #3557
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,092 Times in 3,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
^should get their plate and called it in.
Got the plate... been meaning to report it, just not sure what to report it AS... couple clowns impersonating a cop car? UCs driving like assholes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Old 01-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #3558
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Thanked 1,338 Times in 366 Posts
219 TAF, I will keep an eye on road. Damn
Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #3559
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #3560
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,656 Times in 911 Posts
^ what a dumb fuck

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
PS3 Gamertag: bmello1989

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
Old 01-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #3561
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,824 Times in 498 Posts
To the silver Integra on Knight street in Richmond today, TURN ON YOUR GODDAMN LIGHTS. It's pissing rain, skies are grey and I swear to god your car just blended in with the grey-ness.

Also a red Maxima on 3 road, same thing. :rukdding:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #3562
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Some druggie dancing.

Stupid BMW driver does lane change in the middle of the intersection thinking I wasn't there and tries to run me off my lane and honks at me. WTF?

Saturday around 9pm on Hasting St going west just past Nanimo two clowns in a pickup truck cutting in and out of traffic and almost hit a car going a bit slow, but it was dark and raining. Got the clip but is in two section and didn't wanna join it.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:13 AM   #3563
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impreza View Post
@ 0:11 I thought No way! he whipped it out and was pissing on incoming traffic
Old 01-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #3564
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,274 Times in 905 Posts
just now a fucking driver didnt stop while making a turn in the parking almost running over my wife, 3 kids and myself.didnt slow down.

damn asian old guy..

Old 01-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #3565
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,425 Times in 846 Posts
Truck probably saw the advanced green arrow and thought he could go aswell. Would've killed that Mini Cooper.

Last edited by LP700-4; 01-07-2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: rephrased
Old 01-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #3566
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I dont think that the mini almost got killed but yeah the truck driver was not paying attention
Old 01-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #3567
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,446 Times in 1,707 Posts
this is both shitty dangerous driving and good driving.

last night @1.30 am, pissing rain down 1 road between williams and francis. some newer econo-shit hatchback (either a hyundai or saturn) pulled out of a side street. i was driving in the curb lane with a very nice modded grey 350z in the left lane.

the shit-hatch almost pulled out in front of me, but slammed on the brakes (i had to swerve a bit to avoid him) but then he flew out from behind me to the left lane and tail gated the 350z about a metre from his bumper. they were traveling about 60km/h but the hatchback wouldn't let up.

the 350z didn't move over, but instead turned on his hazard lights to tell the the hatchback to fuck off. great driving by the 350z and he didn't brake check or do anything stupid. then the hatch just swerved and made an aggressive left turn outside of hugh boyd highschool.

all n' all, i thought it was a great use of the hazards and thought i'd post it up. think i'll use that in the future for when im being tailed (which is almost constantly)
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #3568
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
this is both shitty dangerous driving and good driving.

last night @1.30 am, pissing rain down 1 road between williams and francis. some newer econo-shit hatchback (either a hyundai or saturn) pulled out of a side street. i was driving in the curb lane with a very nice modded grey 350z in the left lane.

the shit-hatch almost pulled out in front of me, but slammed on the brakes (i had to swerve a bit to avoid him) but then he flew out from behind me to the left lane and tail gated the 350z about a metre from his bumper. they were traveling about 60km/h but the hatchback wouldn't let up.

the 350z didn't move over, but instead turned on his hazard lights to tell the the hatchback to fuck off. great driving by the 350z and he didn't brake check or do anything stupid. then the hatch just swerved and made an aggressive left turn outside of hugh boyd highschool.

all n' all, i thought it was a great use of the hazards and thought i'd post it up. think i'll use that in the future for when im being tailed (which is almost constantly)
Great story, but I think it was only rational for the 350z to let the tailgater pass. If the 350z were to really brake check the econo box, no one would win. The econobox gotta pay and the 350z gotta waste time to fix a bumper and also face depreciation.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #3569
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

was following this person in a corolla for 5 minutes with the trunk not properly closed then it finally closed...

This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #3570
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,447 Posts
There's some sort of breakdown on highway one westbound, just west of Whatcom road... There's a cop attending aswell as a tow truck (cop for safety i presume...) traffic slows down to a moderate speed (~70kmh) to safely pass this, as they are taking up one lane, and maybe a foot of the other lane, No big deal... Except the guy in front of me in his silver kia minivan decided he can't fit through (There's literally a highway tractor 2 cars up that made it through no problem) so this genius decided to stop dead, and inch forward for a while, Then gets the great idea that perhaps if he honks long enough the BROKEN DOWN car will somehow move (?) took the cop screaming at the guy for him to slowly inch through... Damnit i need a dashcam.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #3571

^ get a dash cam!!! This would have been awesome to watch!!!

dash cam from ASR on the board.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #3572
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakucaekz View Post
To the silver Integra on Knight street in Richmond today, TURN ON YOUR GODDAMN LIGHTS. It's pissing rain, skies are grey and I swear to god your car just blended in with the grey-ness.

Also a red Maxima on 3 road, same thing. :rukdding:
Driving on knight street this morning, every 10 cars i pass by, theres at least half of them with their lights off
Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #3573
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imp_squared View Post
^ get a dash cam!!! This would have been awesome to watch!!!

dash cam from ASR on the board.
I know! I'd say i have atleast one video worthy moment every day.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #3574
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,943 Times in 873 Posts
Flashing red lights yesterday at 41st Ave @ Granville.

Shithead Corolla in 3 cars in front of me decides the best thing to do in such a situation is stop. Just stop. Everyone else is using 4-way stop rule and common sense to go. Cars next to him are going. But he just sits there. BMW behind him LAYS on the horn. Just stays there. Pedestrian watching all this begins to yell aggressively at the Corolla telling him to go, approaching him menacingly. Corolla now decides it's most safe for him to bolt out of the intersection, nearly T-boning an SUV.

Blew me the fuck away.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #3575

^wow