REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #3876
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 916
Thanked 691 Times in 226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asr View Post
I saw you were the only guy in the car, and I think you were not delivering someone to hospital. So please slow down.
You are not driving a Formula 1 cart, and you are not Michael Schumacher. I was driving normally, no racing, no speeding. You were driving behind me like over 140 kms with your shitty HID kit.
I was already pushing the speed to 95km which is a 90 kms limit.

4 door sedan white Accord. I am not going to exposure your full license plate numbers and hope you are not on Revscene. But I have to exposure your 3 digits number here which is 108. If you do that again next time, I will call cop right away. Got your license number when you stuck on a left turn.

Accord tailgated my rear so close with fucking shitty hid and pass over 130kms. - YouTube
Don't wanna sound like a dick, but generally left most lane are passing lanes. I'm not saying that the accord is right, but because that is reckless, but unless you're faster than the car to your right, you should stay in the right lane.

In the US, they have a lot of signs that remind you of that, but for some reason they don't teach that here in BC at all. And you have all these C-lai's on HWY 99 or 91 blocking left lane by driving at the same speed as the freight trucks on the right
Advertisement
Geoc is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #3877
The Brown Reason
 
BrRsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Whalley
Posts: 4,584
Thanked 5,838 Times in 1,517 Posts
^ I hate that

"Derp derp I'm going 10km/hr above the speed limit. I deserve to be in the left lane"

Or

"Theres 2 people in my car, i SHOULD be in the HOV lane!" and then proceeds to drive as fast as all the surrounding cars.

If I was a cop I'm pretty sure I'd blow a head gasket at all these morons who hog the left lane
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
fuck this shit, i'm out
BrRsn is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #3878
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: van
Posts: 110
Thanked 125 Times in 46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asr View Post
I saw you were the only guy in the car, and I think you were not delivering someone to hospital. So please slow down.
You are not driving a Formula 1 cart, and you are not Michael Schumacher. I was driving normally, no racing, no speeding. You were driving behind me like over 140 kms with your shitty HID kit.
I was already pushing the speed to 95km which is a 90 kms limit.

4 door sedan white Accord. I am not going to exposure your full license plate numbers and hope you are not on Revscene. But I have to exposure your 3 digits number here which is 108. If you do that again next time, I will call cop right away. Got your license number when you stuck on a left turn.

Accord tailgated my rear so close with fucking shitty hid and pass over 130kms. - YouTube
You are what makes driving here shit. Move the fuck over.
Posted via RS Mobile
predom is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #3879
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Yodamaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 1,316
Thanked 1,456 Times in 459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by predom View Post
You are what makes driving here shit. Move the fuck over.
Posted via RS Mobile
You are what makes driving here dangerous, get the fuck off the road.

Just because it's the passing lane, does not mean that you can go over the speed limit within it. You do NOT have an excuse to speed, period. If a driver is going the speed limit in the passing lane, it is no longer a passing lane for you, you must follow behind at the same speed.

Get real, the roads aren't your playground.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 02-02-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Yodamaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #3880
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,056
Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
You are what makes driving here dangerous, get the fuck off the road.

Just because it's the passing lane, does not mean that you can go over the speed limit within it. You do NOT have an excuse to speed, period. If a driver is going the speed limit in the passing lane, it is no longer a passing lane for you, you must follow behind at the same speed.

Get real, the roads aren't your playground.
Yoda knowing how you drive I wouldn't be talking. And hell I'm bad for speeding too, but at least im not doing 180 on lougheed.
Posted via RS Mobile


Quote:
Originally Posted by asr View Post
I saw you were the only guy in the car, and I think you were not delivering someone to hospital. So please slow down.
You are not driving a Formula 1 cart, and you are not Michael Schumacher. I was driving normally, no racing, no speeding. You were driving behind me like over 140 kms with your shitty HID kit.
I was already pushing the speed to 95km which is a 90 kms limit.

4 door sedan white Accord. I am not going to exposure your full license plate numbers and hope you are not on Revscene. But I have to exposure your 3 digits number here which is 108. If you do that again next time, I will call cop right away. Got your license number when you stuck on a left turn.

Accord tailgated my rear so close with fucking shitty hid and pass over 130kms. - YouTube
I hate people like you, what if there was an actual emergency you were unaware of. Yes the should call 911 but its not always the case they can wait. Anytime I'm on the highway and I'm stuck behind some jackass doing 90 with a car matching his speed beside first chance I get I'll pull in front of you and make sure you get covered in washer fluid. When was the last time you saw a cop do the speed limit? Constantly on the highway they're doing 10-20 over.

Last edited by firebird79_00; 02-02-2013 at 07:23 PM.
firebird79_00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #3881
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Yodamaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 1,316
Thanked 1,456 Times in 459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird79_00 View Post
Yoda knowing how you drive I wouldn't be talking. And hell I'm bad for speeding too, but at least im not doing 180 on lougheed.
Posted via RS Mobile
It's all fun and games until somebody dies, needless to say, I don't act like an idiot anymore.

I didn't think you'd take my claim seriously, I don't even think it's possible to reach 180 in an S10.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 02-02-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Yodamaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #3882
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,056
Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
It's all fun and games until somebody dies, needless to say, I don't act like an idiot anymore.

I didn't think you'd take my claim seriously, I don't even think it's possible to reach 180 in an S10.
Whatever you hit doesnt matter. My point was you were still doing well above the speed limit.
Posted via RS Mobile
firebird79_00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #3883
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor
 
asr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,437
Thanked 1,338 Times in 366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoc View Post
Don't wanna sound like a dick, but generally left most lane are passing lanes. I'm not saying that the accord is right, but because that is reckless, but unless you're faster than the car to your right, you should stay in the right lane.

In the US, they have a lot of signs that remind you of that, but for some reason they don't teach that here in BC at all. And you have all these C-lai's on HWY 99 or 91 blocking left lane by driving at the same speed as the freight trucks on the right
I was passing a suv and switch to right lane immediately. Of course I know the left lane are passing lanes. Anyways, thanks for heads up,
asr is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #3884
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: van
Posts: 110
Thanked 125 Times in 46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
You are what makes driving here dangerous, get the fuck off the road.

Just because it's the passing lane, does not mean that you can go over the speed limit within it. You do NOT have an excuse to speed, period. If a driver is going the speed limit in the passing lane, it is no longer a passing lane for you, you must follow behind at the same speed.

Get real, the roads aren't your playground.
God, I don't even know where to begin. Go educate yourself and live overseas or in the states you will learn a lot about driving. You wanna sit in the left line like a self righteous prick, go ahead. Ill cut your ass off when there is a gap on the right and continue on my way.
Posted via RS Mobile
predom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #3885
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Akinari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: inside a box
Posts: 3,656
Thanked 4,335 Times in 1,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by predom View Post
God, I don't even know where to begin. Go educate yourself and live overseas or in the states you will learn a lot about driving. You wanna sit in the left line like a self righteous prick, go ahead. Ill cut your ass off when there is a gap on the right and continue on my way.
Posted via RS Mobile
No one's cutting anyone's ass off
Akinari is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #3886
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor
 
asr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,437
Thanked 1,338 Times in 366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird79_00 View Post
Yoda knowing how you drive I wouldn't be talking. And hell I'm bad for speeding too, but at least im not doing 180 on lougheed.
Posted via RS Mobile




I hate people like you, what if there was an actual emergency you were unaware of. Yes the should call 911 but its not always the case they can wait. Anytime I'm on the highway and I'm stuck behind some jackass doing 90 with a car matching his speed beside first chance I get I'll pull in front of you and make sure you get covered in washer fluid. When was the last time you saw a cop do the speed limit? Constantly on the highway they're doing 10-20 over.
Dude, I will post a video about that car drving over 120km in a 60 zone. Please don't hate me because we just want to make sure driving safe on road. I know I were not a cop and no right to take care of this issue,but just make sure everyone drives safely. Is that right? sorry about my english.
asr is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #3887
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Yodamaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 1,316
Thanked 1,456 Times in 459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by predom View Post
God, I don't even know where to begin. Go educate yourself and live overseas or in the states you will learn a lot about driving. You wanna sit in the left line like a self righteous prick, go ahead. Ill cut your ass off when there is a gap on the right and continue on my way.
Posted via RS Mobile
Nobody said anything about blocking people intentionally, rather, that a speed limit is there for a reason, and your idea of a passing lane does not overrule it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird79_00 View Post
Whatever you hit doesnt matter. My point was you were still doing well above the speed limit.
Posted via RS Mobile
The fastest I've ever taken the truck is however fast you remember it to be, and those experiences have been the only time I've gone as much as 10kph over the limit. We broke the law together more than once, and I'm assuming that we both probably look at breaking the law differently now that we are (legally) adults. The moment where I started doubting speed was when your car was almost impounded.

My point was that a passing lane does not overrule the posted speed limit, no matter how much you want to pass. It is wise to pull to the right to avoid problems, but the idea is that the passing lane does not legally let you speed.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 02-02-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Yodamaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #3888
My homepage has been set to RS
 
radioman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,444
Thanked 2,895 Times in 758 Posts
guy on the highway doing the same thing to me last night flashing me with highbeams.... except I was in the right lane......

Predom You're just wrong.
radioman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #3889
I don't get it
 
entrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 437
Thanked 559 Times in 142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by predom View Post
God, I don't even know where to begin. Go educate yourself and live overseas or in the states you will learn a lot about driving. You wanna sit in the left line like a self righteous prick, go ahead. Ill cut your ass off when there is a gap on the right and continue on my way.
Posted via RS Mobile
buddy, asr said above he was passing someone else.

the speed shouldn't matter regardless if you're at speed limit, or above, or below, if you ain't passing, stay on the right. that should have been your argument, not because of whatever speed.
entrax is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #3890
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,056
Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asr View Post
Dude, I will post a video about that car drving over 120km in a 60 zone. Please don't hate me because we just want to make sure driving safe on road. I know I were not a cop and no right to take care of this issue,but just make sure everyone drives safely. Is that right? sorry about my english.
Sorry let me re phrase that, don't hate you for it as a person just hate that move. And yea 120 in a 60 is excessive, but again you were only doing 5 over. If he passed you doing 15 over its a different story.
Posted via RS Mobile
firebird79_00 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #3891
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: van
Posts: 110
Thanked 125 Times in 46 Posts
If you are sitting in the left lane, and someone is tailing you, the international sign for plz move the fuck over, and you sit there, you are intentionally blocking. Move over, what's it to you? Do you think you are a cop? Go ahead and call the police, they will laugh and laugh, probably tell you to move over.
Posted via RS Mobile
predom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #3892
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Yodamaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 1,316
Thanked 1,456 Times in 459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by predom View Post
If you are sitting in the left lane, and someone is tailing you, the international sign for plz move the fuck over, and you sit there, you are intentionally blocking. Move over, what's it to you? Do you think you are a cop? Go ahead and call the police, they will laugh and laugh, probably tell you to move over.
Posted via RS Mobile
He did move over.


Not pulling to the right is just as dangerous as tailing someone at high speed, both people are in the wrong if they persist.
Yodamaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #3893
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: van
Posts: 110
Thanked 125 Times in 46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
guy on the highway doing the same thing to me last night flashing me with highbeams.... except I was in the right lane......

Predom You're just wrong.
Because you being in the right lane applies to this story.
Posted via RS Mobile
predom is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #3894
PRINCESS
 
MeowMeow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mushroom Castle
Posts: 1,518
Thanked 789 Times in 343 Posts
LOL
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #3895
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor
 
asr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,437
Thanked 1,338 Times in 366 Posts
Whole story last night.

I tried to pass the suv, I switched from right lane to left. At that moment, the Accord must be 300-500 meters far away from my car.


I just let him passed instead of passing the SUV

After got off the hwy, he still drove like an ass in city.

Last edited by asr; 02-03-2013 at 03:59 AM.
asr is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #3896
xxx
 
Oleophobic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,360
Thanked 750 Times in 234 Posts
predom is correct about the 'keep right' law.
see the bolded part in the spoiler as taken from the Motor Vehicle Act:

Spoiler!


With that said, I find the people who get pissed at people blocking the left lane to be bigger douchebags in general based on their actions (tailgating, highbeams, using the shoulder to pass and cut off the slow driver, etc).
Just because the guy in front of you is breaking a law by not moving right doesn't make it acceptable for you to break 3 more. I think people in general need to be more cognizant of how their driving affects others around them and this includes not blocking the left lane or tailgating/highbeaming.

I've witnessed what happened to ASR many times and it's really pathetic. If someone is using the left lane to pass, wtf would you tailgate them? Keep at a safe distance and let them make their pass, even if their passing speed is slower than your current speed.
Oleophobic is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #3897
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: van
Posts: 110
Thanked 125 Times in 46 Posts
Judging from the responses, iam no longer confused as to why people drive the way they do here. This city has the shittest drivers, with no regards for etiquette and the unwritten rules of the road.
Posted via RS Mobile
predom is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #3898
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Akinari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: inside a box
Posts: 3,656
Thanked 4,335 Times in 1,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by predom View Post
Judging from the responses, iam no longer confused as to why people drive the way they do here. This city has the shittest drivers, with no regards for etiquette and the unwritten rules of the road.
Posted via RS Mobile
10 bucks says you're one of them, if you're so vividly able to describe how you'll "cut (their) ass off when there is a gap on the right and continue on my way."
Akinari is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #3899
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Yodamaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 1,316
Thanked 1,456 Times in 459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by predom View Post
Judging from the responses, iam no longer confused as to why people drive the way they do here. This city has the shittest drivers, with no regards for etiquette and the unwritten rules of the road.
Posted via RS Mobile
Who here actually said that they intentionally stay in the left lane just to piss people off?

We are very aware of the rules regarding the left lane, unfortunately, you seem to pick and choose which rules you want to follow. Speeding is just as bad as not letting a speeder pass, and by showing your anger, I can only assume that you speed on a regular basis.

You are showing us that you are just as shitty of a driver as the people who don't change lanes, in fact, you are more dangerous. Another rule that you seem to ignore is the safe distance between cars at speed, if you are tailing somebody because you are too selfish to calm the fuck down, you are just putting everybody in more danger.

"Ill cut your ass off when there is a gap on the right and continue on my way."

Please leave.
Yodamaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #3900
Need my Daily Fix of RS
 
k2damax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 263
Thanked 409 Times in 63 Posts
To the f150 on hwy 1 last night @ 4am highbeaming me when im on the right lane F*** you.
k2damax is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net