REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 05-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #4951
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,936 Times in 764 Posts
According to a friend's friend (so could be totally inaccurate) who was at the scene when it happened, Aston was driving down the road in the wrong direction, which created the accident. Driver / passenger of the Aston were not the deceased.

Again, just what I heard - if the above is true, something out of the ordinary must have been up, right????
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #4952
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,461 Times in 1,712 Posts
^^ not really. That's about as much driving skill I expect from an Aston Martin in Richmond
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #4953
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 7,179 Times in 1,914 Posts
More pictures...the white car was a Mercedes GLK and the person driving it was the one that died.

Pics here;

Richmond Review - Pricey Aston Martin part of fatal high-speed five-car crash in Richmond

Quote:
As emergency crews frantically worked to peel back the steel skin of the crumpled white Mercedes sedan, an awaiting air ambulance's rotor's suddenly began to turn.

With dozens of onlookers looking at the roadside carnage, at Westminster Highway and Knight Street, it became evident that whomever remained inside the white four-door sedan was no longer alive, as the air ambulance lifted off with two patients clinging to life in critical condition.

Even before investigators had spent two hours at the scene, the extent of the damage clearly displayed that speed was a factor in the crash that involved three vehicles, two of which locked together, with another vehicle apparently tossed across the intersection, and into a ditch about 100 metres away.

The white Mercedes sedan's trunk was completely missing, as though either pushed in, or shorn off by the violent impact.

Richmond RCMP Cpl. Sherrdean Turley confirmed that one person was dead, three others were in either serious or critical condition following the multi-vehicle pileup that created commuter chaos.

One of the cars involved was a $200,000 Aston Martin DB9 convertible, which submarined the white Mercedes C-series sedan from which the deceased occupant was being pulled after the helicopter left. The two cars came to a rest next to a Ford Escape, which sustained rear-end and side damage.

Some 100 metres away, in the ditch on the west side of Knight Street, laid another badly damaged American vehicle, though it was unclear whether that wreckage was linked to the fatal collision, or had simply been left there from an earlier and unrelated crash.

The deadly collision occurred around 3:30 p.m. and involved at least five vehicles, three of which were destroyed, Richmond RCMP said. One person was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

As of 6 p.m., Knight Street remained closed to southbound traffic while traffic was closed in both directions on Westminster Highway. Police said the intersection would remain closed for an undetermined amount of time as investigators tried to piece together precisely what happened.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:30 AM   #4954
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 3,408 Times in 786 Posts
^Article states white merc C series, but I swear it looks like a GLK/ML for sure?
Old 05-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #4955

^
It had a panoramic sunroof so it couldn't' have been a c class.

And it looks the driver of the Ford is sitting on the firetruck receiving attention so looks like he wasn't seriously injured.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:48 AM   #4956
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts

The tires of the white car here definitely matches the tires of a GLK

There also appears to be racks (or whatever you call em) on the roof of the white car from my previous picture, which also matches with the roof of a GLK
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 02:00 AM   #4957

^
Horrific picture.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:09 AM   #4958

Thanked 2,310 Times in 671 Posts
It's a GLK since the forehead is black glass and roof racks.

GLK's are pretty solid, how the fuck does the back crumple in so much.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[26-06, 19:29] Mr.Stubbz too big for meeeee

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you
Old 05-09-2013, 02:46 AM   #4959
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
It's a GLK since the forehead is black glass and roof racks.

GLK's are pretty solid, how the fuck does the back crumple in so much.
maybe they aren't as solid as we would like to think
Old 05-09-2013, 04:24 AM   #4960

Thanked 2,310 Times in 671 Posts
^solid in the front half, shitty in the back because shared c class chassis

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[26-06, 19:29] Mr.Stubbz too big for meeeee

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you
Old 05-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #4961

So much death from car accidents lately.. I think I'll go to my parents for dinner tonight, just to say hi again
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #4962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
More pictures...the white car was a Mercedes GLK and the person driving it was the one that died.

Pics here;

Richmond Review - Pricey Aston Martin part of fatal high-speed five-car crash in Richmond
2 things I hate about that article.

1) they lead with 'pricey' - who cares about the value of the car, someone died
2) all the comments are 'slow down' - we have very low speed limits on many of our roads, the problem isn't just speed, it's bad drivers who do stupid things, things that may kill at the speed limit. Remove the stupidity/bad driving, deaths would decrease

Cars kill, at 190, at 90, and even at 50, ppl should focus on better driving, not lower speeds
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #4963
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
So much death from car accidents lately.. I think I'll go to my parents for dinner tonight, just to say hi again
Posted via RS Mobile

it's not an "accident" when someone drives like an idiot, intentionally. What pisses me off is the fact that the primary offender is alive and an innocent occupant of a vehicle is dead.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #4964
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post

2) all the comments are 'slow down' - we have very low speed limits on many of our roads, the problem isn't just speed, it's bad drivers who do stupid things, things that may kill at the speed limit. Remove the stupidity/bad driving, deaths would decrease

Cars kill, at 190, at 90, and even at 50, ppl should focus on better driving, not lower speeds
i doubt you can argue that collision occurred anywhere near the speed limit. so yes, speed was a factor in the injuries/death in this incident.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #4965
Rider

Thanked 2,074 Times in 528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juwlzx View Post
^^^ Agreed with these guys. ASR, I've seen many of your videos and I can tell you are a very safe and cautious driver. If only the driving test were much more harsh. I swear, an elementary kid could easily get his full license if he dedicated the same amount of time an adult did, probably even with less effort. Not even kidding.

you can make it as harsh as you want but once people get their license there is no need for them to continue to drive like that until you go for the full license
Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #4966
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
This afternoon in BBY around Canada Way... Heard a bang... Car hits a bus.. damage looks bad.. Can see the bus move on the impact...

Car Hits Bus - YouTube
i was in the emergency that day and one of the girl there from the bus said the driver of the jetta was throwing bottles out of his car after the accident... she said he might me drinking....
Old 05-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #4967
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
^
Horrific picture.

Assuming that what you posted is correct, the driver of the GLK is dead.

Well, my friend just sent me a pic of the GLK with the driver in it. Petite woman, just dangling. RIP.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #4968
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Thanked 1,338 Times in 366 Posts
Old 05-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #4969
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,274 Times in 905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeli27 View Post
i was in the emergency that day and one of the girl there from the bus said the driver of the jetta was throwing bottles out of his car after the accident... she said he might me drinking....
I would have taken my phone and took pictures or video of it.. that idiot deserves to have his license revoked for years to come...
Old 05-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #4970

Bro, how are you always so calm and relaxed. I would have been honking my tits off. It's the only way these jackasses will learn (I do the same to people who try to run the yellow but get stuck in the intersection, and block me so I can't go on my green light)
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #4971
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Thanked 1,338 Times in 366 Posts
^She already made decision to do U turn before I brake, then it is useless to honk her. It is impossible to change her mind.
1. If I press the horn, she might be getting more nervous and make something wrong.
She blocked the way already.
2. If I press the horn, it would be too noisy since the weather is already that hot. It will be getting more annoying under this kind of situation.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #4972
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Bro, how are you always so calm and relaxed. I would have been honking my tits off. It's the only way these jackasses will learn (I do the same to people who try to run the yellow but get stuck in the intersection, and block me so I can't go on my green light)
Posted via RS Mobile
Haha made me wonder that too he's always so calm
I get a major panic attack and a tantrum every time I run into a shitty driver
Old 05-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #4973
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post

The title is meant to draw public anger and frustration. Media-troll, if you will. Yes car kills at 190, 90, and 50. But the chance of surviving at 50 is much higher than 190 given the same angle of impact.

I do agree with better driving and common sense is needed. Not easy to judge the above under normal road test. People act differently given atypical scenarios.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #4974

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
i doubt you can argue that collision occurred anywhere near the speed limit. so yes, speed was a factor in the injuries/death in this incident.
Head on at 50 Km/h will be a significant hit - I'd concentrate on not having that accident over whining about speeders

Being alive to the dangers and ready to make evasive maneuvers is a huge part of safe, defensive driving - this isn't taught here like it is I'm Europe (and there are lots of crazy fuckers in Europe on the roads)
Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #4975

^
It's because in the EU you have a vast network of motorways were people on average are doing 120km/h where as in BC you would consider 120+ excessive speeding.