REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 06-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #5401
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,555 Times in 465 Posts
^^^what Eff-1 said

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakucaekz View Post
Piece of shit Neon, so impatient. I was leaving Byrne with a couple of friends, and this guy is behind me. I'm going speed limit, and he keeps tail gating me. Rides my ass for a while, then decides to pass me on the left in a left turn lane. In the video I was slowing down cuz my phone fell LOL. Seriously, calm down, why the rush to be first at the red light?
really? are you admitting to driving while on/using your phone?
Advertisement

MGReviews
Auto and Motorcycle Reviews & Photography
Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #5402
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexor View Post
^^^what Eff-1 said

really? are you admitting to driving while on/using your phone?
his phone fell =/= using/on phone.

mr2s dont really have a decent space to place phones/anything down and they tend to fall to the ground often.

and the video clearly shows a car to the right of kaku, it's showing him passing the other car while the neon decides that his passing wasn't fast enough.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #5403
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,824 Times in 498 Posts
I know that's the general rule, it just happened to be that I turned into the left lane and was unable to change to the right cuz of cars in the right lane. I wasn't doing anything wrong, I just wanted to show how reckless this driver was by passing in a left turn lane.

My phone was just sitting in front of the shifter, not held down. It eventually fell and I wanted to pick it up. Ain't nothing wrong with that.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #5404
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 16,652 Times in 3,588 Posts
Put it in your glove box. It will save you the hassle.
Westopher is correct.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:26 AM   #5405

Then I'll just forget it LOL, it's happened more than a few times. I have a spare space under my radio, but my wallet and a spare battery was already in there.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:32 AM   #5406
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 16,652 Times in 3,588 Posts
Yeah I forget my phone all the time, but it keeps me from looking at it. Better to avoid the temptation.
Westopher is correct.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:58 AM   #5407
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Piece of shit Neon, so impatient. I was leaving Byrne with a couple of friends, and this guy is behind me. I'm going speed limit, and he keeps tail gating me. Rides my ass for a while, then decides to pass me on the left in a left turn lane. In the video I was slowing down cuz my phone fell LOL. Seriously, calm down, why the rush to be first at the red light?

june12.wmv - YouTube

[/URL]
http://www.drivesmartbc.ca/lanes/left-lane-blockers
Old 06-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #5408
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp_squared View Post
caught an accident on cam today.
20130608 174159 E - YouTube
That Civic is extremely smart for giving room for the Matrix to dodge.
Not many drivers on the road nowadays has that type of road sense.

New Greater Vancouver BMW Forums..

GV///Bimmers
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #5409
private modder

Thanked 1,570 Times in 399 Posts
Quote:
Then I'll just forget it LOL, it's happened more than a few times. I have a spare space under my radio, but my wallet and a spare battery was already in there.
Talk about excuses. My car has less interior space than yours and I can still figure out my belongings.

All I see here is a guy too oblivious to realize the tailgater behind him obviously wants to get past in a serious way, which is a signal to me to move over and let him by before he does something stupid like he did, and/or rear ends your car. I'd hardly say you were in the middle of passing the car on the right, and there was plenty of room for you to slot in behind.

Not to say the tailgater was justified in doing what he did, but you should be more aware of your surroundings instead of being distracted by your phone, ignoring the traffic behind you, and then blame everything on your car's lack of storage space.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #5410
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,959 Times in 443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Talk about excuses. My car has less interior space than yours and I can still figure out my belongings.

All I see here is a guy too oblivious to realize the tailgater behind him obviously wants to get past in a serious way, which is a signal to me to move over and let him by before he does something stupid like he did, and/or rear ends your car. I'd hardly say you were in the middle of passing the car on the right, and there was plenty of room for you to slot in behind.

Not to say the tailgater was justified in doing what he did, but you should be more aware of your surroundings instead of being distracted by your phone, ignoring the traffic behind you, and then blame everything on your car's lack of storage space.
check the video at 1sec. there is a car RIGHT beside him. their front bumper barely shows on the right side of the screen.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #5411

Quote:

o ok.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #5412
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
check the video at 1sec. there is a car RIGHT beside him. their front bumper barely shows on the right side of the screen.
and to top it off, the car beside him is slowly disappearing meaning he is passing that car.

dude comes in to post shitty/dangerous drivers, gets flamed for being neither shitty or dangerous in his own driving. ever since using a phone while driving has become illegal, there's been such a stupid taboo of having phones anywhere in the reach of the driver. why don't we all just make a habit of putting our phones under the spare tire, under the carpet of the trunk before starting to drive?
Old 06-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #5413

Quote:

Cool story bro, tell me again. I honestly don't know why you're getting all riled up about this; it's not like I personally attacked you, yet you go on insulting me.

I don't believe in going all keyboard warrior, but you just seem to want to stick it to me. Okay, fine, I'll pass faster next time, if you so please. I wasn't blaming my lack of storage or making excuses, I was simply explaining why I did what I did, because I knew that people would see the speed reading on the dashcam and ask why I was going so slow.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #5414

Since this is the Shitty/Dangerous drivers thread
Can we just come to a conclusion that what the other guy did was dangerous and what you did was shitty?
───────▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
─────▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
───▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
──▐▒▒▒▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌
──▌▒▒▐▄█▀▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐
─▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▌
─▌▒▀▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
─▌▀▐▄█▄█▌▄▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▐
▐▒▀▐▀▐▀▒▒▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▐
─▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #5415
private modder

Quote:
Cool story bro, tell me again. I honestly don't know why you're getting all riled up about this; it's not like I personally attacked you, yet you go on insulting me.

I don't believe in going all keyboard warrior, but you just seem to want to stick it to me. Okay, fine, I'll pass faster next time, if you so please. I wasn't blaming my lack of storage or making excuses, I was simply explaining why I did what I did, because I knew that people would see the speed reading on the dashcam and ask why I was going so slow.
Well, you came here complaining about another driver, went to the trouble of posting a video of him, and you called him a piece of shit. Sounds like a keyboard warrior to me? I guess you can a dish it out but can't take it.

Let's face it. If you were a better driver, you would have seen the Neon in your rear view mirror coming up behind you at a faster speed long before he even started tailgating. And then you would have either sped up or moved over. Instead you were fussing about in the left lane, blocking faster traffic behind you, worried about your phone on the floor.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #5416
private modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
Good catch. I didn't see that the first time around.

He's still blocking the left lane though.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #5417
I don't get it

Quote:
Good catch. I didn't see that the first time around.

He's still blocking the left lane though.
Do you own a neon by any chance?
Old 06-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #5418

Man, you're really out to get me. Chill dude.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #5419
private modder

Are you kidding? This is me being nice. Sorry princess.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #5420

Kay. Look here. I don't know you, you don't know me. I wasn't being a courteous driver and blocking the left lane, the driver of the Neon illegally passed in the left turn lane. If you wanna continue to argue, go ahead. I'm admitting that what I did wasn't the best decision, but fact of the matter is that what the Neon did was illegal.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #5421
MOD

Thanked 6,651 Times in 1,719 Posts

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #5422
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,450 Times in 357 Posts
NEON drivers are douchebags to begin with... /rant .. now you 2 ladies quit bickering and get back on topic and post some vids damnit.

ok.. who is the douchebag here? i.e. who had right of way?

Last edited by Acura604; 06-13-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #5423
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,027 Times in 600 Posts
uh probably the guy in front of you who was there first and no the mustang. haha
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #5424
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,251 Times in 456 Posts
Was on the same road as the bald guy avalon (nanaimo and kingsway-ish) some brown guy driving from Gladstone is in his old black Chevy SUV and is weaving in and out of traffic. He cuts off a highlander just to be first at a red. His license was EVE 074 (but I might be wrong).

TL;DR: Aggressive driver weaving in and out of traffic and flooring it the whole time in his POS Chevy Suburban.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #5425
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,208 Times in 403 Posts

This douche was weaving in and out between cars coming up king george, and decides to cut off the semi by going through the Bus lane, nearly hitting the white ford ranger in the left lane.

Last edited by ruthless; 06-13-2013 at 04:59 PM.
This post thanked by: