REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 02-23-2012, 01:36 AM   #576
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstce92 View Post
That's happened to me in West Van.
Pitch black driving down the road, pass this side street and before I'm half-way down the block; cop rips it from the side street onto the main road and is on my ass before I have time to make out what car it is.
I'm talking less than a foot from my bumper, going left to right, left to right.
Stupidly I sped up to get him off my ass, and that's when the sirens came on.
Learned to deal with this crap ==... I just turn the next street and pull over in a legal spot, if he follows me i put in P and just check my phone for stuff lol...

Spoiler!
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2012, 02:47 AM   #577
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
I got caught doing 120mph half way towards Seattle and ticket was only $298

Can't imagin what would've happened here.
You were doing 200 and only got off with a 298... that's pretty damn good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Damn 120mph is pretty damn fast, if all you got was $298 that's not unfair at all eh? I think I was pulled over for 84mph somewhere in the Snohomish county IIRC because of who the ticket was addressed from, it was $198 approx.

I wonder if they were more likely to ticket me because of the BC plates knowing I wouldn't have (/less likely to) gone down to dispute. 84 in a 70 really doesn't feel all that fast and I was travelling the same speed as everyone else give or take 3-5 kph, was driving a mineral silver-green camry too so my car was pretty low key... *le sigh* Not that I'm denying speeding or anything but it just feels like such shitty luck. Ended up not spending any money that whole day haha.
A few things that I've heard, cops generally will let you off if you aren't over 80mph. And they do rather pull the BC plates over locals.

There is also a tendency to camp just over the border to stalk all the BC cars.

Just a quick story today, went to Metrotown T&T after dinner with the girlfriend to pick up some yams and ginger for dessert. In the parking lot there was two spots in a row that was empty which I wanted to park in. I signaled and waited for a Mercedes to go by the opposite way so I can back in. Turns out he wanted my spot but did not signal and proceeded to stare me down because apparently I took his spot.

First of all, what the fuck there are two spots, take the other one. Second, use your god damn signals!!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:55 AM   #578

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3german View Post
Learned to deal with this crap ==... I just turn the next street and pull over in a legal spot, if he follows me i put in P and just check my phone for stuff lol...

Spoiler!
Just a heads up, with the cell phone laws its similar to drinking and driving laws, if you pull over and talk on the phone, they can still ticket you if you have your car on. I found out the hard way when I pulled over to answer a call and got lit up, thankfully the cop told me I was doing the right thing and let me off, but told me turn off my car next time.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2012, 02:58 AM   #579

I did not know that, good thing i usually do turn my car off so i can hear my phone
Old 02-23-2012, 03:12 AM   #580

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Just a heads up, with the cell phone laws its similar to drinking and driving laws, if you pull over and talk on the phone, they can still ticket you if you have your car on. I found out the hard way when I pulled over to answer a call and got lit up, thankfully the cop told me I was doing the right thing and let me off, but told me turn off my car next time.
Yea heard of that too, but funny thing is that one time a cop pulled me over (made a thread called "dispute or plead guilty") some half bs stop sign infraction , anyways he pulled me over and I know cops take their sweet sweet time writing up tickets do I turned off my car, blah blah cops asks for insurance etc goes back in his car so i pull out my phone to call the people I might be late, cop comes over tells me I shouldn't be on my phone because my car is still on the road... I just let it slide but really really ticked me off because he pulled me over for some bs and now he's giving me crap about being on my phone while the car is off and he is in his car writing a ticket...
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #581
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 7,592 Times in 1,188 Posts
Quote:
You were doing 200 and only got off with a 298... that's pretty damn good.

A few things that I've heard, cops generally will let you off if you aren't over 80mph. And they do rather pull the BC plates over locals.

There is also a tendency to camp just over the border to stalk all the BC cars.
I find that they pull people over as a cash grab down there. Right over the border in blaine the limit is 20 mph which is obnoxiously slow (32 kph) and I doubt anyone drives that slow and going 30mph is far from dangerous, there is barely any foot/car traffic there. I've seen lots of people get ticketed there (peace portal dr.) over the years. I think all the vancouverites are just so used to driving 60km/h in the city that they keep getting ticketed there.

Lol yams and ginger for dessert that is so asian!

Good heads up on the switching off the car, I think we need to start getting dash cams for behind our cars! I know some asian taxi drivers have way more than 2 dash cams so they can review every angle.

FOR SALE
Miata Shock Tower Brace
Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #582
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_punk View Post
I am not here for a fucking english lesson, and I dont give a fuck about english, I will be there at the stupid meet and lets see you say this shit to my face.
I'll wear a shirt that says " I AM SUPAFLY"....dont forget to bring your 20 friends as well cause thats the only way animals deal with their problems; they cannot think logically so they result to violence.

I hope your mom is proud of you.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."

Last edited by Supafly; 02-23-2012 at 08:28 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #583
F**K YOUR HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
dont forget to bring your 20 friends as well cause thats the only way animals deal with their problems; they cannot think logically so they result to violence.

I know this is a little off-topic but in all my years on the internet I don't think I've ever considered that 0.01% chance that I'd be in the wrong place at the wrong time and just pissed off the wrong person ONLINE until now...
But we all know that there are people like that out there, whether directly or indirectly, who honestly wouldn't give a shit about anyone/any law to have their way. Not debating whether this is right or wrong (because it is pretty obvious) but do we ever appreciate how relatively safe we are in our society?
Shit happens in other places/cultures, like Ai Weiwei's arrest in China where someone mouthed off the wrong group in the wrong place/time. Maybe amidst all this ACTA/SOPA bullshit we're actually thinking about free speech but what about when someone (a mentally challenged ruthless no pun intended! animal) takes actions beyond the legal constructs?
I don't want to insinuate any negativity/concern towards saying whatever the fuck you want to say, because I spew BS around here all the time (heck I'm doing it right now), but just wondering whether people ever consider encountering said "animals". I certainly never consider myself lucky when I take a risk like talking shit online with a 99.99% success rate... but it honestly never crossed my mind until now. (Not referring to the e-thug bradford chows of the world by the way...)

Just thinking out loud here...

FOR SALE
Miata Shock Tower Brace
Old 02-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #584
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
I know this is a little off-topic but in all my years on the internet I don't think I've ever considered that 0.01% chance that I'd be in the wrong place at the wrong time and just pissed off the wrong person ONLINE until now...
But we all know that there are people like that out there, whether directly or indirectly, who honestly wouldn't give a shit about anyone/any law to have their way. Not debating whether this is right or wrong (because it is pretty obvious) but do we ever appreciate how relatively safe we are in our society?
Shit happens in other places/cultures, like Ai Weiwei's arrest in China where someone mouthed off the wrong group in the wrong place/time. Maybe amidst all this ACTA/SOPA bullshit we're actually thinking about free speech but what about when someone (a mentally challenged ruthless no pun intended! animal) takes actions beyond the legal constructs?
I don't want to insinuate any negativity/concern towards saying whatever the fuck you want to say, because I spew BS around here all the time (heck I'm doing it right now), but just wondering whether people ever consider encountering said "animals". I certainly never consider myself lucky when I take a risk like talking shit online with a 99.99% success rate... but it honestly never crossed my mind until now. (Not referring to the e-thug bradford chows of the world by the way...)

Just thinking out loud here...
I totally understand where you're coming. It's actually sad that there's people out there wanting prove there toughness over a simple debate. Some people just take it way to far.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #585
F**K YOUR HEAD

Quote:
I totally understand where you're coming. It's actually sad that there's people out there wanting prove there toughness over a simple debate. Some people just take it way to far.
Posted via RS Mobile
Yeah it's an irrational fear though but with the amount of activity a forum like this gets it is a possibility. I mean one day I might post a pic of a ricer underglow POS car on hall of shame and we're all laughing about it, but if the owner gets all upset about it and decides to stalk me up via my other posts/threads and either harasses/assaults me it certainly wouldn't be worth it for a simple "LOL"

FOR SALE
Miata Shock Tower Brace
Old 02-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #586
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
People get pissed off enough to resort to violence over really stupid shit. Back in high school, I kicked some dude's ass at CS and told him to fuck off when he said he would ban me from the server; he decides to e-stalk my Steam name to find out who I was and threatens to stab me for "talking shit".
Old 02-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #587
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,345 Times in 1,203 Posts

Grey Infiniti - License Plate 876 LGB - Middle aged white guy with a mustache.

4:30pm on the Port Mann Bridge headed Eastbound. Near the beginning of the bridge headed east, you swerved in front of a white first gen Eagle Talon with temporary tags in the far left lane (formerly the carpool lane) causing him to suddenly brake and, as a result, me to almost ram him.

You then moved back over to the middle lane roughly a kilometer later, having passed no one, having done nothing to hasten your advance eastbound. You accomplished less than nothing as I, who was behind the car who was behind you, eventually passed you.
You are an irresponsible driver and should know better than to behave like that.

Had I hit the Eagle Talon, the six o clock news would be reporting on the execution style slaying of a douchebag in an Infiniti. That makes you a lucky man.

[14-01, 13:15] GLOW older the chicken, sweeter the stirfry
Old 02-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #588
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

my commute this morning.
over the painted island and left turn lane cutting off the flat deck.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #589
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,208 Times in 403 Posts
When: Monday Feb 20th around 3:15pm
Where: Richmond, Intersection of Alderbridge Way & Garden City
What:
Saw a Maserati GT like this one run a red, and rev it to get through (sounded sick though)

photo credit: Dylan K

Last edited by ruthless; 02-23-2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: tosd
Old 02-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #590
I'm a douchetool

Thanked 5,037 Times in 1,486 Posts
^ and how sure are you it was that one.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #591
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 5,676 Times in 1,525 Posts
"like this one"
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #592
I'm a douchetool

Thanked 5,037 Times in 1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
"like this one"
Posted via RS Mobile
Last edited by ruthless; Today at 09:44 PM. Reason: tosd
Old 02-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #593
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,507 Times in 512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicePanda View Post
People get pissed off enough to resort to violence over really stupid shit. Back in high school, I kicked some dude's ass at CS and told him to fuck off when he said he would ban me from the server; he decides to e-stalk my Steam name to find out who I was and threatens to stab me for "talking shit".
Lol I remember back in high school in my computer class some people were playing cs and this kid just called someone a noob for camping. Next thing you know this buff guy in a beater stands up and yells "WHO'S (ign of the guy) THAT JUST CALLED ME A NOOB?" and spent the next 15 minutes walking around the class interrogating people and looking at their screen to see if it was them.

Anyways back on topic..
When: Thurs Feb 23rd, around 9am
Where: Marine Way and Market Crossing
What: I was turning left there, and the left turn signal goes green for both sides. I start turning left and suddenly this middle aged obese white woman stomps on the gas in her van that was in the opposing lane going straight. She was the first car and had been at a full stop because of the red light... not sure why she suddenly decided to go. You could see her car jump off the line a bit because she stepped on the gas so hard. I was the first car turning left and I had to slam on my brakes and gave her a loud horn. Had she kept going she would of slammed into my fender, but when she heard the beep she slammed on her brakes too. The car behind me almost rear ended me <_< Luckily that intersection is pretty big so she was still a fair distance away from me... but still

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
E46 325ci Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 90 NA Miata
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci
Old 02-24-2012, 01:52 AM   #594

Quote:
I find that they pull people over as a cash grab down there. Right over the border in blaine the limit is 20 mph which is obnoxiously slow (32 kph) and I doubt anyone drives that slow and going 30mph is far from dangerous, there is barely any foot/car traffic there. I've seen lots of people get ticketed there (peace portal dr.) over the years. I think all the vancouverites are just so used to driving 60km/h in the city that they keep getting ticketed there.

Lol yams and ginger for dessert that is so asian!

Good heads up on the switching off the car, I think we need to start getting dash cams for behind our cars! I know some asian taxi drivers have way more than 2 dash cams so they can review every angle.
Yeah I came from one of the honger'est highschools in Vancouver. I just made up a word

I'm getting a dash cam for my CRX because I've noticed no one realizes I'm there, way too small. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about when you drive a Miata.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:19 AM   #595
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,023 Times in 499 Posts
this genius came out of the esso at gardencity and westminister in rich. goin the wrong way on west.hwy
i took this photo from the turning lane. i honked at him, and he just waved.... then he took a left onto gaderncity into the proper lane and proceded to go 30km hr. -_- fucking richmond

pics for refrence

--------------------------
ONLY KA9 EVERY TIME.
--------------------------

Last edited by Nicotine; 02-24-2012 at 03:25 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #596
F**K YOUR HEAD

Quote:
I'm getting a dash cam for my CRX because I've noticed no one realizes I'm there, way too small. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about when you drive a Miata.
yup... I was cut off today by an F150 on lougheed going 40km/h with plenty of space in front of me

FOR SALE
Miata Shock Tower Brace
Old 02-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #597
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,164 Times in 201 Posts
Quote:
yup... I was cut off today by an F150 on lougheed going 40km/h with plenty of space in front of me
i hate trucks and people who drive them like they own the road. i get cut off on a daily basis by these d-bags. last night, on the way home i stopped at a light and a lifted silverado(i think) stopped next to me. i look up and the guy stares down at me and points at the lights light turned green and he launches. i didn't bother racing him as that is just stupid.

on another note, i was driving down a one lane road the other night and the car infront of me stopped at a crosswalk to let a lady walk across. the car behind me decided to swerve onto the bicycle lane (i guess the driver thinks the car infront of me was waiting to turn left). as the car was approaching, i waved my hand out the window and honked for it to stop. good thing it wasn't travelling too fast and it managed to come to a stop! the pedestrian safely walked across the street and thankfully no one was hurt!

lesson: all drivers including myself, should keep their eyes peeled and don't predict or assume the actions of other drivers!

89' Skyline GTS-T - Big Turbo Widebody
1990 FC RX7 - Tap Walls, Bang Limiters

1998 Integra - RIP
1992 Celica GT -
SOLD
1985 Trans Am Firebird - SOLD
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #598

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
Yesterday at around 2pm on the intersection of burrard and alberni (heading north), some retarded taxi driver tries to cut me off, when there is clearly no room for cutting off. Almost t-boned him, gf was visibly shaken by the experience. I've never been more enraged in my entire life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
Old 02-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #599

Yesterday night at Kensington Square right by Petro
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Burnaby-20120224-00009.jpg (58.4 KB, 0 views)

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz
Old 02-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #600
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 5,676 Times in 1,525 Posts
wtf?

2015 Scion FRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote: