REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 08-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #6076
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
Bad Drivers of Greater Vancouver. Episode 25.

Points of interest for those who dislike compilations:
0:38, 0:51, maybe 6:51

Bad Drivers of Vancouver (25) - YouTube

Enjoy!
regarding the rcmp u turn, why is it illegal? do you think all u turns are illegal?

Reverse turn

168 Except as provided by the bylaws of a municipality or the laws of a treaty first nation, a driver must not turn a vehicle so as to proceed in the opposite direction

(a) unless the driver can do so without interfering with other traffic, or,

(b) when he or she is driving

(i) on a curve,

(ii) on an approach to or near the crest of a grade where the vehicle cannot be seen by the driver of another vehicle approaching from either direction within 150 m,

(iii) at a place where a sign prohibits making a U-turn,

(iv) at an intersection where a traffic control signal has been erected, or

(v) in a business district, except at an intersection where no traffic control signal has been erected.

unless you think he was interfering with you, he didn't break any of the above subsections
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #6077
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,075 Times in 592 Posts
xxsupa what software do u use to put the clips together? is it easy to use?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #6078
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
regarding the rcmp u turn, why is it illegal? do you think all u turns are illegal?

Reverse turn

168 Except as provided by the bylaws of a municipality or the laws of a treaty first nation, a driver must not turn a vehicle so as to proceed in the opposite direction

(a) unless the driver can do so without interfering with other traffic, or,

unless you think he was interfering with you, he didn't break any of the above subsections
I had to come to a complete stop for him. I think that should be considered interfering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
xxsupa what software do u use to put the clips together? is it easy to use?
I use Sony Vegas 12, It's pretty easy to use. When I first started using it, I just went on YouTube every time I needed help for something, lots of tutorials out there.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #6079
RS Veteran

Quote:
I had to come to a complete stop for him. I think that should be considered interfering.

I use Sony Vegas 12, It's pretty easy to use. When I first started using it, I just went on YouTube every time I needed help for something, lots of tutorials out there.
you had to or you wanted to? I doubt if you didn't he would have reversed and plowed into you.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #6080
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,486 Times in 408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
WTF is wrong with you?? @1:10 The guy is in the oncoming lane and you actually speed up as if to try not letting him back in the lane. Whats the point of that??
at 58 secs and 1:09 you see the double left turn arrow marking on the road. how did you figure that other car was in an ONCOMING lane? not to mention that on both sides of that car, it had the single solid and broken yellow line.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #6081
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,959 Times in 443 Posts
Quote:
you had to or you wanted to? I doubt if you didn't he would have reversed and plowed into you.
so i guess he had no choice but to stop and let the RCMP do his U-turn
Old 08-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #6082
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Should of honked at him and yell out your window that he's doing an illegal u turn. Like you did to the silver jetta
Old 08-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #6083

Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopalong View Post
Should of honked at him and yell out your window that he's doing an illegal u turn. Like you did to the silver jetta
That wasn't me honking at the silver jetta, it was the Mercedes behind him. I yelled at him to alert him that he was doing something wrong, he probably just didn't see the sign or something. I'm pretty sure the rcmp was fully aware that he was doing something wrong. At least I'd hope so.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #6084
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 7,080 Times in 1,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
Drove by a horrific accident involving a bike and a car on SW marine drive near Victoria drive around 10ish. I think it happen just minutes before I drove by because people had their cars stopped in the middle of the road and tons of bystanders standing and watching. No cops or ambulance on the scene. The biker looked in bad shape, hopefully he pulls through.
Damn, RIP.

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – A 19-year-old Vancouver man is dead after his motorcycle crashed with a car on Southwest Marine Drive last night.

The crash happened around 10 p.m. at Argyle Street.

The teen was rushed to hospital with serious injuries, but died of his injuries this morning.

The driver of the car stayed at the scene and is cooperating with police. Speed and alcohol are not considered to be factors in the crash.

This is the city’s 13th traffic related fatality this year.

Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call the Vancouver Police Department’s Collision Investigation Unit at 604-717-3012.

Teen dies in motorcycle crash | News1130
Old 08-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #6085
RS Veteran

Quote:
That wasn't me honking at the silver jetta, it was the Mercedes behind him. I yelled at him to alert him that he was doing something wrong, he probably just didn't see the sign or something. I'm pretty sure the rcmp was fully aware that he was doing something wrong. At least I'd hope so.
you make it seem like these are the worst things someone could possibly do. Come to think of it, 99% of the compilations you post are petty traffic incidents that people see every day. Does it make it right? No. But you make it seem like it is the end all of "dangerous driving".

The fact is, you could have safely kept on going, and the rcmp cruiser wasn't in your way. He would have waited for you to clear, then proceed to backup again. You chose to stop, which gave the cop the impression you were yielding to him. It wasn't like he had to Austin Powers a 10 pt turn in a one lane road to complete the reverse turn, blocking all lanes of traffic. And did it ever occur to you that he needed to respond to a priority call?
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #6086
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,959 Times in 443 Posts
Old 08-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #6087
I subscribe to Revscene

here we go again
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #6088
RS controls my life!

Anyone know who this idiot is?

Old 08-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #6089
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 7,080 Times in 1,911 Posts
^

Maybe? Post the video on http://www.ft86club.com/forums/ i'm sure the dick is lurking on that forum.

Last edited by Harvey Specter; 08-10-2013 at 05:41 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #6090
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,345 Times in 1,203 Posts

Grey Pontiac Vibe, license plate 140 HDX

This pour soul seems to have been afflicted by a disorder which prevents them from moving their head to check their mirrors or doing shoulder checks, and moving their finger to signal the direction in which they are turning.
What a horrible, unfortunate ailment to be inflicted with.

I mean, it would HAVE to be a medical disorder to drive the way this person does, otherwise they are A COMPLETE FUCKING DICKWIT. A rational and healthy person wouldn't swing from lane to lane and back again without any warning to other drivers on the road. Right? Right??

Hey asshole, I see you have a Christian "fish" on the back of your car. I hope you know that the phrase "Jesus take the wheel" isn't meant to be taken literally.

[14-01, 13:15] GLOW older the chicken, sweeter the stirfry
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #6091
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurochevy View Post
What a coincidence, think I just saw him on 3 Rd.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #6092
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
^

Maybe? Post the video on http://www.ft86club.com/forums/ i'm sure the dick is lurking on that forum.
Might be, don't think so im pretty sure it had black rims, and also the rear diffuser had a line of red going along it unless he changed his car a bit since that pic
Old 08-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #6093
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

^eurochevy - Do you remember the plate number of the FRS you encountered?
Old 08-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #6094
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,656 Times in 911 Posts
Quote:
you make it seem like these are the worst things someone could possibly do. Come to think of it, 99% of the compilations you post are petty traffic incidents that people see every day. Does it make it right? No. But you make it seem like it is the end all of "dangerous driving".
So what's your point? you make it seem like you HAVE to watch every video he posts and if you don't like it youre gonna complain...

Quote:
The fact is, you could have safely kept on going, and the rcmp cruiser wasn't in your way. He would have waited for you to clear, then proceed to backup again. You chose to stop, which gave the cop the impression you were yielding to him. It wasn't like he had to Austin Powers a 10 pt turn in a one lane road to complete the reverse turn, blocking all lanes of traffic. And did it ever occur to you that he needed to respond to a priority call?
LOL sorry that's so contradicting i had to point it out. Next time, don't wait for an rcmp to do it and continue on your way and please come back with whatever happens next and share

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
PS3 Gamertag: bmello1989

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #6095
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
^eurochevy - Do you remember the plate number of the FRS you encountered?
No I think it was the plate in the pic the 860 because it looks familiar, but I was too focused on how he was driving more so than the plate, next time I'm going to say the plate out loud so I can remember it, because night time doesn't catch it it seems on the camera
Old 08-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #6096
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I kind of want to say the plate number is 119 RHV but that's just me
0:24 of the first video you can kind of read it in hd
───────▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
─────▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
───▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
──▐▒▒▒▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌
──▌▒▒▐▄█▀▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐
─▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▌
─▌▒▀▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
─▌▀▐▄█▄█▌▄▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▐
▐▒▀▐▀▐▀▒▒▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▐
─▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
Old 08-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #6097
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferio_EG View Post

I kind of want to say the plate number is 119 RHV but that's just me
0:24 of the first video you can kind of read it in hd
You sir are correct, looks like 119 somethingHV to me as well
Old 08-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #6098

Quote:
First of all, that was not the oncoming lane. Second, if I didn't want to let her in, I would have sped up way earlier. I'm not blind or deaf, I see and hear her coming up illegally beside me.
Alright fair enough, my bad then.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #6099
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,631 Times in 327 Posts
We had a black FR-S dropped off at our shop on Friday afternoon. From what I hear it was from the East-Van area.

noransx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1freak
[24-01, 14:19] mk1freak lots of bdays this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9
[22-05, 23:37] norans also got a pretty douchey white hipster haircut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE_BOY
[27-10, 22:25] can't spell ice without ie
2009 VW Jetta TDI - danke Mutter
2006 Honda CBR600RR
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #6100

Wow what i saw today at 2 Road and Westminster was a total miracle that had could have had tragedy written all over it! I parked at the Chev gas station as my GF went to use the washroom along w/ my baby in the car sleeping, i get out to stretch and immediately i see that CRV driven by the guy in pic coming flying going at least 100km or more traveling west on Wstminster through the intersection to try to beat the light and hits a lady in a 90's Accord turning left from the opposite way on to 2 Road and his SUV lost control and barreled over the center median literally flying through the air and across the entire half of the street crashing through the lamppost and through the fence and coming to rest just before someones Residence. THE MIRACLE OF IT ALL WAS THR WAS NOOOO TRAFFIC AT ALL in the oncoming which is pretty jammed w/ traffic but just NOT AT THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT. One poor Philipino family w/ two babys in the were right in his path, they told me after they had to quickly accelerate otherwise he would have sheared right across the top end of the car probably for sure killing someone. i'm telling you from what i saw he cleared the wholeother half of the intersection after hitting median and No brakes AT ALL WERE EVER APPLIED.. there were no skid or breaking of any sort. I'm just thankful no one was hurt!!

Last edited by E-SPEC; 08-10-2013 at 09:03 PM.
This post thanked by: