REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #6426
I subscribe to Revscene
 
FatalCloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Liberty City
Posts: 1,981
Thanked 338 Times in 137 Posts
^^that's why i said you shouldn't, not you can't change lanes lol.
Advertisement
FatalCloud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #6427
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,426
Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
There isn't a law saying that you can't change lanes in an intersection, but one can argue that it fits under the "Changing lanes when unsafe" section. Regardless, I try not to change lanes in an intersection as it can be pretty dangerous with cars turning left and right.
I dont know if there is a law or not, but I know for a fact that it says you cannot do so in the driving book, and you would fail your driving test if you did so during it.

The driving book being that literature that is given to you when you are going through the graduated licensing program...

EDIT:

Quote:
52(1) When, at an intersection, a green light alone is shown by a traffic control signal, a person driving a vehicle that is facing the green light

(a) may drive the vehicle straight through the intersection, or

(b) may drive the vehicle into the intersection and on entering the intersection turn the vehicle left or right, subject to any sign or signal prohibiting a left or right turn, or both, or designating that the turning movement is permitted,
There is what the MVA states about green lights.

I dont know what kind of straight lines you guys draw, but any time I draw a straight line that involves changing lanes, it doesnt end up looking straight anymore...

Last edited by meme405; 09-16-2013 at 11:47 AM.
meme405 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #6428
Who's naughty? I___i
 
Szeto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: GVR
Posts: 800
Thanked 173 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
There isn't a law saying that you can't change lanes in an intersection, but one can argue that it fits under the "Changing lanes when unsafe" section. Regardless, I try not to change lanes in an intersection as it can be pretty dangerous with cars turning left and right.
agreed. I have seen a few close calls... right-turning cars think it's safe for them to turn because no incoming vehicle in his lane and the cars on the left lane switches to the right at intersection ended up hard braking to avoid collision.

I switched lane at intersection once and would never do that again ...
Szeto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #6429
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
http://www.drivesmartbc.ca/intersect...-intersections
Spidey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #6430
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
donjalapeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Guadalajara
Posts: 4,349
Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
off topic. but fuck those new MDX' look sick
donjalapeno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #6431
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
FerrariEnzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: somewhere
Posts: 7,443
Thanked 2,274 Times in 905 Posts
__________________
My Buy&Sell Feedback, Thanx
FerrariEnzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #6432
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: VAN/RMD
Posts: 105
Thanked 118 Times in 28 Posts
just got home from going to Surrey ( I live in richmond)

some east indian guy/ "surrey jack" driving an e46 coupe with fart cannon and ugly ass chrome wheels driving recklessly near 160th street exit from hwy 1. plate number i think 223 SWC
Passing other cars on double yellow lines and alsmost going head on with a semi.

I hope he does go head on with a semi sooner or later and kills himself (hopefully just himself and his buddy guys)
we need less fucktards like him in the world, same goes for all surrey jacks.
Stiig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #6433
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
matrixfwd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 857
Thanked 321 Times in 77 Posts
I think you got a 2 for 1 deal on the honk as the U-turner deserved it too. That is a weird intersection as the left-turners must go into Acura to avoid an illegal U-Turn. Acura even had to make a home-made sign telling people not to use their parking lot to do an illegal u turn.


Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
In Richmond for only one day this week to buy some groceries and I already see driving worse than what I've seen all week elsewhere.

I realize that I was over aggressive with the BMW, and should not have done that. But I don't understand what was going through the driver's head when she thinks she can just cut in front of me when I'm doing the right thing by leaving the intersection clear....

Oh Richmond... - YouTube
matrixfwd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #6434
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 4,284
Thanked 6,453 Times in 1,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixfwd View Post
I think you got a 2 for 1 deal on the honk as the U-turner deserved it too. That is a weird intersection as the left-turners must go into Acura to avoid an illegal U-Turn. Acura even had to make a home-made sign telling people not to use their parking lot to do an illegal u turn.
Actually they upgraded to a professional printed sign, and it also reads mandarin as well
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #6435
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
lilaznviper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: vancouver
Posts: 5,407
Thanked 921 Times in 317 Posts
lilaznviper is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #6436
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
Marshall Placid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,260
Thanked 1,885 Times in 482 Posts
Incident that almost happened:

Stopped behind the railway tracks, on Steveston Hwy, Richmond, just east of Shell Road.

A black integra was in front of me... on the tracks, with a red light on Shell.

Everybody was stopped.

All of a sudden, the integra's wheels screeched and the car went to the left turn lane (that turns into Shell).

I was like, "huH?"

3 seconds later, a train (locomotive first) passed by... literally 3 seconds...

If the integra had not noticed the train, and not moved, he would have been hit by the train (moving at around 50 km/h... but with thousands of tonnes of force behind it).

Wow.

Very close call.

That intersection has a sign that clearly says not to stop on the tracks, but I've seen many people stop with their cars on the track.

It's especially dangerous on a railway track crossing that does not have closing gates (on that intersection, I have often wondered why they didn't have those gates... then I assumed it was the red light on Shell was too close to the tracks, thus gates would not work well or impede traffic flow).

Lesson learned for the integra driver.

The weird thing is that the locomotive DID Not sound its horn to warn the integra driver.
Marshall Placid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #6437
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
H.Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: y
Posts: 1,077
Thanked 4,135 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Placid View Post
Incident that almost happened:

Stopped behind the railway tracks, on Steveston Hwy, Richmond, just east of Shell Road.

A black integra was in front of me... on the tracks, with a red light on Shell.

Everybody was stopped.

All of a sudden, the integra's wheels screeched and the car went to the left turn lane (that turns into Shell).

I was like, "huH?"

3 seconds later, a train (locomotive first) passed by... literally 3 seconds...

If the integra had not noticed the train, and not moved, he would have been hit by the train (moving at around 50 km/h... but with thousands of tonnes of force behind it).

Wow.

Very close call.

That intersection has a sign that clearly says not to stop on the tracks, but I've seen many people stop with their cars on the track.

It's especially dangerous on a railway track crossing that does not have closing gates (on that intersection, I have often wondered why they didn't have those gates... then I assumed it was the red light on Shell was too close to the tracks, thus gates would not work well or impede traffic flow).

Lesson learned for the integra driver.

The weird thing is that the locomotive DID Not sound its horn to warn the integra driver.
H.Specter is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #6438
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
imp_squared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 641
Thanked 319 Times in 113 Posts
^ with that photo I understand the whole story.
imp_squared is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:51 AM   #6439
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Kamloops / NY
Posts: 22,410
Thanked 6,151 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
How fast were you actually going?
Lomac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #6440
My homepage has been set to RS
 
melloman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: #604
Posts: 2,244
Thanked 2,420 Times in 799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
There isn't a law saying that you can't change lanes in an intersection, but one can argue that it fits under the "Changing lanes when unsafe" section. Regardless, I try not to change lanes in an intersection as it can be pretty dangerous with cars turning left and right.
FYI.. If you change lanes in an intersection during your driving test, you fail.

I'm pretty sure the MVA that meme405 posted is the right law.
__________________
Quote:
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #6441
I am Hook'd on RS
 
AndroidAAA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: GVRD
Posts: 70
Thanked 59 Times in 19 Posts
I'm guessing he didn't see me because of the semi...

AndroidAAA is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #6442
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 784
Thanked 1,321 Times in 262 Posts
I parked closer to the edge to avoid dings, and this asshole came by and left a dent on my door
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130917_172401.jpg (124.3 KB, 0 views)
Paradise240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #6443
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Acura604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,654
Thanked 1,450 Times in 357 Posts
^^^ I would be so mad i'd have a heart attack.
Acura604 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #6444
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Mr.Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancity
Posts: 1,314
Thanked 566 Times in 174 Posts
that would be 4 flat tires for dinging the car when the parking job was done to avoid it if it were me
__________________
Spoiler!
Mr.Jay is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #6445
I'm better than you.
 
b0unce. [?]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: East Van
Posts: 8,458
Thanked 3,011 Times in 651 Posts
I definitely would have sidewall stab his tires and key his shit.
__________________


'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]



FS: Active Autowerke F30 328/428 exhaust

FS: BNIB: BMW F30 Window Visor/Deflectors

Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #6446
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,467
Thanked 1,486 Times in 408 Posts
what makes this worst is that the stupid benz is parked illegally. so we all know the driver already don't give a shit one way or another. i hope you get icbc on your side with this.
SoNaRWaVe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #6447
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 572
Thanked 462 Times in 111 Posts
next time just park in the middle of your spot instead of leaning on one side. BTW that was a huge parking spot so the dude probably got mad. Regardless he's a douche for doing that
is350 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #6448
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 784
Thanked 1,321 Times in 262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx1 View Post
next time just park in the middle of your spot instead of leaning on one side. BTW that was a huge parking spot so the dude probably got mad. Regardless he's a douche for doing that
I parked like this to avoid door dings from other vehicles, like the Civic on the left.

If there were spots on both sides, I would've parked in the middle.
Paradise240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #6449
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 572
Thanked 462 Times in 111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise240 View Post
I parked like this to avoid door dings from other vehicles, like the Civic on the left.

If there were spots on both sides, I would've parked in the middle.
yea, but what I'm getting at is that if you parked towards the left (seen in the picture where you still have tons of room before the civic on the left to ding you), you would've avoided the door ding from someone who parked illegally on the right like that. Also given that miata is not a wide car.

Regardless, just really unlucky. Whenever I park, I just think that if both cars beside me are expensive cars such as german cars, they wouldn't slam their door against my door in order to protect themselves. I guess my logic is wrong in this case.
is350 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #6450
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,286
Thanked 5,396 Times in 1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx1 View Post
yea, but what I'm getting at is that if you parked towards the left (seen in the picture where you still have tons of room before the civic on the left to ding you), you would've avoided the door ding from someone who parked illegally on the right like that. Also given that miata is not a wide car.

Regardless, just really unlucky. Whenever I park, I just think that if both cars beside me are expensive cars such as german cars, they wouldn't slam their door against my door in order to protect themselves. I guess my logic is wrong in this case.
Dude, I don't think you get it. People shouldn't have to assume that there will be an asshole who parks illegally next to them.
CRS is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net