REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 09-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #6501
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
There were no other cars in the row I was in other then my car and a car behind me who was also waiting for a spot at that time. Personally I don't see why you can't if you are pulled to the side, not too close from other cars and you're not blocking the traffic. But of course, if I was disrupting the traffic flow and parking lot was too tight, i would've moved. So the question is, did the person who claimed to have "followed the person from the store" have first dibs? Or me who's been waiting for a spot with a signal to the appropriate side, 3 spots away before that vw came? I was just curious as to if I did something wrong last night.
I've sat, and I'm sure a lot of us have sat, waiting for a spot. I do not usually have blinkers on until I see someone approach, at which point I signal. With that being said, I think generally speaking, whoever follows, should get the right of way--generally speaking. I think the problem with sitting and blinking, is that you're sort of saying "as long as I'm here, all spots in front of my car, in the direction of my signal, are mine." The parking lot isn't a bank, where one line gets you all the tellers. I'd say it's more like the Flying Beaver on Wednesday nights.

Just my opinion, obviously, but I've usually let followers (if I can tell they're followers) have the spot if I'm just sitting--otherwise, it's whoever signals first (another reason I think sitting and signaling is kinda "cheating").
Advertisement
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #6502
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
some cities have bylaws that prohibit trains from using their horns in residential areas. either entirely or between certain times.
Just as a note I am pretty sure this is wrong.

Federal law states that if it is an unmarked crossing (AKA no gates and lights) a train must blow is horn three times. 1 short beep followed by a long beep followed by another short beep.

They cannot make bylaws that override federal law.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #6503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
You misunderstand me. If I see someone getting into their car and I happen to be right in that vicinity, then I'd say I have better dibs to the spot than someone who's been following the guy since he left the building but had to drive around the parking lot instead of being able to cut through the individual car lanes to get to that spot.
I don't think there's a clear rule here, but generally I go with how far the "follower" is from the spot, and whether or not I've actually been "sitting". I've I've been sitting, I'm usually more passive to taking the spot. If the guy following needs to drive around the lot, and the guy leaving just cuts through and I'm there, it's my spot. Not a clear cut situation, but the scenario you just described, I'd agree with you.

Quote:
See, I've tried doing the who signalling thing and telling them that I'm not actually leaving, but they usually ignore it and keep following me anyway. It's not until after I've gotten back out of my car and start walking back towards the building that they realize their folly.

And while I understand the whole following a lead aspect of it, I hate the feeling of being followed. It's not a paranoia thing; it's just when you've got a kid with you, you tend to be far more aware and protective of everything that's going on around you.
If you've done your part, and they're being an ass, you, sir, have my blessings on being an asshole. Read a book and peer out at them once in a while--as soon as they give up, drive off. If someone is following you too closely, and you feel like they're putting your kids in danger, you also have my blessings to be an asshole. It's all about respect.

Quote:
As for not leaving right away, honestly when I take my time it's because I need to take my time. Bluetooth doesn't always sync with my car right away, so it often takes a good couple minutes to reboot the system to get it working. There's also making sure children and properly buckled in their seats and any other numerous things before I drive away. I'm not going to do all that stuff while driving.
For sure. I don't like being rushed to leave, either. If the person is in such a rush to get a parking spot that they're purposely making me feel self-conscious about how much time I'm taking, they can find another spot. That being said, I won't make it my mission to check every crook and cranny on my car, just to slow down the process.

Your explanation this time is a lot more reasonable than how I interpreted your original post. I'd say we share a similar opinion on the matter. I apologize if I've come off a little harsh.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #6504

Lol these people, failing my posts... If you're going to fail my post, defend your position. Don't be a fucking white knight just to uphold the virtue of your fair maidens.

Inaii, westopher.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2013, 12:14 AM   #6505
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 3,408 Times in 786 Posts
with parking spots...its just about who has the biggest balls. I'm pretty sure most of us wouldn't scrap over a parking spot
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-23-2013, 12:15 AM   #6506
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,893 Times in 757 Posts
In.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #6507

Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Stupid cyclist needs to get clipped, i can't stand these fuckers attitudes.

Ignorant Driver cuts cyclists off - Disregard for road rules and no respect for cyclists. - YouTube
Can someone better explain this to me?

What exactly is this cyclist complaining about the truck doing?

Old 09-23-2013, 12:29 AM   #6508

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
with parking spots...its just about who has the biggest balls. I'm pretty sure most of us wouldn't scrap over a parking spot
Posted via RS Mobile
As a percentage, out of all the moments of "Pure Road Rage" I've ever had, parking related incidents probably comprise of 80%. There are two particular cases that I still remember, and will probably take to the grave with me. Once was at the Neptune restaurant that MeowMeow was at (same parking lot as Chapters and Ebisu in Richmond), and the other was at Yohan...also...Richmond. Had I not had a relatively sound-minded female companion with me at those two moments to calm me down, some shit would have hit the fan. I think stealing a parking spot (especially in a really busy lot), and cutting in line, are about a couple of the most disrespectful things you can do to a stranger, other than physical or verbal abuse.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #6509

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Can someone better explain this to me?

What exactly is this cyclist complaining about the truck doing?

The truck was coming from a road with a Stop sign, and the cyclist is complaining that he had to slow down to allow the truck to enter his road, even though he had the right of way.

I personally think that cyclist was being a prick. It didn't look like he had to slow down all that much, and was never in any danger, based on the speed and direction of the truck. Are bicycles also considered vehicles? Yes. Are they subject to the same rules and regulations as other road vehicles? No. Unless police start ticketing bicycles for obstructing traffic for going 25kmph in a 50kmph zone, they should yield to cars if they feel like they're going to slow them down.

I also cycle. Are drivers assholes sometimes? For sure. But sometimes, cyclists come off as way too privileged. Same as pedestrians, but worse, because they think they're a car.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2013, 01:22 AM   #6510
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_like_cats View Post
I've sat, and I'm sure a lot of us have sat, waiting for a spot. I do not usually have blinkers on until I see someone approach, at which point I signal. With that being said, I think generally speaking, whoever follows, should get the right of way--generally speaking. I think the problem with sitting and blinking, is that you're sort of saying "as long as I'm here, all spots in front of my car, in the direction of my signal, are mine." The parking lot isn't a bank, where one line gets you all the tellers. I'd say it's more like the Flying Beaver on Wednesday nights.

Just my opinion, obviously, but I've usually let followers (if I can tell they're followers) have the spot if I'm just sitting--otherwise, it's whoever signals first (another reason I think sitting and signaling is kinda "cheating").
I kind of see your point hence why I decided to ask on this forum for opinion.
How do I know that the guy really" followed" the guy as he claims?
I saw the car that was about to leave blink (from unlocking the doors obviously) and I waited for him to pull out
Then the vw comes around the corner and claims he "saw the guy first" when clearly I've been waiting first near him.
Idk I flipped shit on the vw guy at the end cuz I was so shit pissed he wouldn't let me park.
But I rethought about it and realized there's no parking lot law, just wanted to know if I did something wrong and get some unbiased answer/general population's thoughts on the etiquette. Anyways thanks,
Old 09-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #6511
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise240 View Post
I parked closer to the edge to avoid dings, and this asshole came by and left a dent on my door
ADR 4696 - YouTube
K-O-S (key on site) this asshole!!

did u report it to icbc? i am really curious on what they will/can do.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:07 AM   #6512

Quote:
I saw the car that was about to leave blink (from unlocking the doors obviously) and I waited for him to pull out
Then the vw comes around the corner and claims he "saw the guy first" when clearly I've been waiting first near him.
Idk I flipped shit on the vw guy at the end cuz I was so shit pissed he wouldn't let me park.
But I rethought about it and realized there's no parking lot law, just wanted to know if I did something wrong and get some unbiased answer/general population's thoughts on the etiquette. Anyways thanks,
This is absolutely just me, but if I weren't already completely blinded by my rage, and I had reasonable doubt that the antagonist of my life "followed" the guy to the spot, I'd start a honking contest.

Really, though, I'd say the only time you can claim to have "followed" someone is if it was a straight line.

1) Is pretty straight forward, everyone can see you following this person.
2) Is a little more ambiguous. What if there is a person on the side, and they can't see you following this person?
3) Cut lot, auto up for grabs.

I am sorry, those ugly |c|c|c| represent cars in lots. I just realized, I could have done this in ASCII.

This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2013, 03:02 AM   #6513
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,024 Posts
i like cats
and
meow meow
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2013, 03:53 AM   #6514

Thanked 6,439 Times in 1,705 Posts
Lol. Just fuck and get it over with
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #6515
I don't get it

Two spots one car, didn't either bother paying also.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #6516
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,321 Times in 262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
K-O-S (key on site) this asshole!!

did u report it to icbc? i am really curious on what they will/can do.
Yeah, they told me to bring my car into a claim center.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #6517
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_like_cats View Post
Lol these people, failing my posts... If you're going to fail my post, defend your position. Don't be a fucking white knight just to uphold the virtue of your fair maidens.

Inaii, westopher.
It'd be kind of hard for me to be a white knight since knights are historically MALE.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #6518
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,140 Times in 1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU View Post

Two spots one car, didn't either bother paying also.
That picture makes it look like a toon car.

This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #6519
Head Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
It'd be kind of hard for me to be a white knight since knights are historically MALE.
And yet... and yet... there's no proof to indicate otherwise.

Love ya, Inaii!
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #6520

Shut up lomac
Old 09-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #6521
Head Moderator

Quote:
Shut up lomac

This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #6522
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 12,348 Times in 3,337 Posts
WTF white knight Enai?

If you fail someone, you must write a fucking book to defend yourself. This is not acceptable internet behavior!!!!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #6523

Quote:

I bow to you sir, you win the intarwebz!
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #6524
Head Moderator

Quote:
I still remember going to Costco down in the States with my dad when I was little. We were waiting for a guy to back out of a spot and some asshole came zooming in and stole the spot as my dad was turning in. My dad raged so hard and actually took out his pocket knife to slash all four of the guy's tires. Being a kid, I naturally freaked out and convinced my dad not to do it.

Looking back at it now, I should have offered to slash one side of the car's tires while he did the other.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #6525

Quote:
/clap you have a good handle on semantics.

But, if you're actually going to argue based on semantics, you'd realize that there were orders of female knights in the Middle Ages.

Just saying.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by: