REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 10-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #6776
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,838 Times in 1,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nma View Post
Spoiler!

found this gem on facebook. lol.. testing out the AWD system in the local ditch.. Richmond obvs

Looks like that car ....

Spoiler!
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #6777
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkayem View Post

Apparently, Vancouver bad drivers has been around for a longgg time.

"Pender Street truck accident. 1927"
god damn look at the dish on those rims
Old 10-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #6778
RS controls my life!

Friend showed me this today. This afternoon on 3 Road in front of richmond center

Old 10-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #6779
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,307 Times in 670 Posts

thought he was parking there to go to italian tomato... nope and

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[26-06, 19:29] Mr.Stubbz too big for meeeee

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you
Old 10-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #6780
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by striderblade View Post
Bitch decided to pull a full stop after the exit. My tires felt the pain =( Fuck if you are lost pull the fuck a side. And this time i honked =P

Derp out? - YouTube
Just saying, but you had tons of time to react to that, you should have been paying closer attention.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #6781
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

hmmmmm

Old 10-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #6782
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,274 Times in 905 Posts
Description from the video
"Published on Jun 8, 2013
Family of four narrowly escaped an accident at Highway 1 Burnaby BC Canada HD
Jr ,May Ann Monillas and 2 kids escaped a scary highway 1 accident
The driver of a Toyota RAV 4 was driving aggressively and trying to follow and tailgate the family ,the family driver JR sped off to avoid a possible collision and missed the family vehicle within 6 inches of the other vehicle.. The wife video taped the scenario."

So why didnt the family driver slow down and pull over to the side and let the SUV driver pass them?? speeding off trying to get away is the worse thing...
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #6783
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krovi View Post
Just saying, but you had tons of time to react to that, you should have been paying closer attention.
I was already slowing down because i'm exiting. But when you behind someone at night and all you can see is tail light. you would assume someone is slowing down and not stop suddenly like that at a exit ramp. I already have my foot on the brake. But because she stopped so suddenly i have to press even harder. Maybe i cut out the video too early. But here is one where she fucked up on the exit. yeah if i wasn't paying attention i would had ramped her ass. Lucky no one is behind me or they'll ramp my ass.

Last edited by striderblade; 10-15-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #6784
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
Description from the video
"Published on Jun 8, 2013
Family of four narrowly escaped an accident at Highway 1 Burnaby BC Canada HD
Jr ,May Ann Monillas and 2 kids escaped a scary highway 1 accident
The driver of a Toyota RAV 4 was driving aggressively and trying to follow and tailgate the family ,the family driver JR sped off to avoid a possible collision and missed the family vehicle within 6 inches of the other vehicle.. The wife video taped the scenario."

So why didnt the family driver slow down and pull over to the side and let the SUV driver pass them?? speeding off trying to get away is the worse thing...
It's same thing that involved the toyota camry and the mini cooper in california a few months ago. When you have raged/ reckless driver chasing you, you can't just park to the side of highway, then you just surrendered yourself to them.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #6785
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx1 View Post
It's same thing that involved the toyota camry and the mini cooper in california a few months ago. When you have raged/ reckless driver chasing you, you can't just park to the side of highway, then you just surrendered yourself to them.
With two kids in the back, I would just change to the slower lane and let him pass. If I was alone in the car, I would never let this kinda of idiot pass me with ease.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #6786
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Hard to tell if the Rav4 was tailgating the family due to the short length and shaking in the video. Seemed like it was 4 car lengths away most of the time except for when it passed.

Perhaps it was just following because the family had a cleared a nice path to follow? Shitty decisions for both parties involved.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2013, 01:52 AM   #6787
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 7,125 Times in 1,913 Posts
I didn't see the Rav4 tailgating and it actually looks like the driver in the video started to accelerator so who really knows what happen. And I bet there's way more to the story than the video tells us.

And on the topic of hwy1...I really think BC has some of the worst freeway/highway drivers in North America. I drove down to Seattle on the weekend and bloody BC drivers were either speeding like maniacs or clogging up the left lane. And I can't tell you how many times I've seen slow drivers in the left lane on hwy 1 refusing to pull into the right lane to let the car behind them pass. Instead these idiotic drivers go nuts by slowing down on purpose, brake checking on a bloody highway or they let the other car pass but than proceed to get back in the left lane and tailgate the other driver. Stay the fuk off the highway if you can't drive.

/rant
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #6788
I subscribe to Revscene

so many questions from that video, if the rav4 was following/tailgating (which it didn't look like in the video, and it didn't look 6 inches away either?) why didn't the driver pull over to the slow lane and let it pass? the wife was fuking annoying screaming like a banshee too, why do filipino women call their husband daddy?
Old 10-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #6789
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,948 Times in 875 Posts
^Two people from RS have commented. Go go go.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #6790
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Did the Rav4 decide to go into the "Do not enter" area and crash near the end?
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #6791
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,838 Times in 1,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
I didn't see the Rav4 tailgating and it actually looks like the driver in the video started to accelerator so who really knows what happen. And I bet there's way more to the story than the video tells us.

And on the topic of hwy1...I really think BC has some of the worst freeway/highway drivers in North America. I drove down to Seattle on the weekend and bloody BC drivers were either speeding like maniacs or clogging up the left lane. And I can't tell you how many times I've seen slow drivers in the left lane on hwy 1 refusing to pull into the right lane to let the car behind them pass. Instead these idiotic drivers go nuts by slowing down on purpose, brake checking on a bloody highway or they let the other car pass but than proceed to get back in the left lane and tailgate the other driver. Stay the fuk off the highway if you can't drive.

/rant

Every morning I take hwy 1 to SFU
every morning I am angry beyond words lol.

People are so hell bent on being in the left-most lane that the right lane is usually faster (i.e. on knight street)

The best is when people have 2+ persons in the car and feel entitled to use the HOV lane, even though they're travelling at the same speed or slower than traffic. That gets me every time
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #6792
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,330 Times in 555 Posts
the left lane has the smoothest ride from hwy1 to sfu
Old 10-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #6793
I STILL don't get it

Man was that women annoying.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #6794
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

As much as I dislike X-Way stops, I'm not sure Richmond Drivers would handle roundabouts any better

Old 10-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #6795
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,230 Times in 349 Posts
Maybe it's just me but calling the Rav4 driver a dumbass is just pouring salt on the wound and unnecessary.
Sure he's a dumbass for...whatever he wanted to do.
But honestly that was pretty scary, and he could have lost his life / his passengers as well.
Not sure if dumbass is the first thing I'd be shouting at him after a crash like that
Old 10-17-2013, 01:48 AM   #6796
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 7,598 Times in 1,188 Posts
Rav 4 driver might have been dozing off behind the wheel, explains the erratic lane keeping. He wasn't trying to pass everyone but it looks like that when you fall asleep with your foot on the accelerator.
I've been in that position and nearly rear ended someone, pulled over right away to wake myself up. Ended up parking and taking the bus up SFU instead.

FOR SALE
Miata Shock Tower Brace
Old 10-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #6797
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

driving into a do not enter part of the highway looks like a pretty dumb move to me
Old 10-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #6798
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
crystal mall, grey glk driving in reverse direction for a spot. got honked the shitt outta
Old 10-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #6799
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,072 Posts

Filipinos tend to over exaggerate like no tomorrow....all he had to do was move to the farthest right lane as soon as he saw the guy driving weird and they would be fine.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #6800
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I go to the States a lot, and end up letting people pass me only to "tailgate" them a kilometer or so later. I usually just keep my car on cruise control, and go maybe 20% above the speed limit. On HWY1 that would make it 120kmph. I don't consider this excessive speeding, but I'm not here to have that conversation. Point is, people keep passing me going 120, and then slow the fuck down. Why. Why pass me at 120, and then go back to 100? Mysteries of the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post

/rant
This post thanked by: