REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 03-12-2014, 11:55 PM   #8376
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
Now that I think about it, this is exactly what I thought right after the impact.

Sigh.
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2014, 05:03 AM   #8377
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 7,080 Times in 1,911 Posts

Anyone else come across crazy Canada Post truck drivers on Cambie St heading in and out of downtown usually around midnight? I understand you have deadlines but doing 70+ in a truck like the one above is reckless and dangerous. And last night not only did I witness a idiot driver going over 70+ in the outside lane but he blew through a solid red light on 33rd and Cambie. Like seriously?

Last edited by Harvey Specter; 03-13-2014 at 05:13 AM. Reason: added pic
Old 03-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #8378
Banned (ABWS)

^Butthurt
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #8379
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,027 Times in 600 Posts
^ if you havent realized, this thread is all about that.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #8380
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,320 Times in 1,114 Posts
Middle-aged Asian male in a Ram 1500 decided it would be smart to slow to a crawl on the highway and not bother to look behind him before he exited. AKA welcome to Richmond.

[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #8381

yes the truck was in the wrong but the drivers intentions were visible from quite a distance yet you only decided to slow down as you got closer.

were you in a rush to take that off ramp quickly? i'm asking because i've seen you drive before and you do like your off ramps.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:15 AM   #8382
RS Veteran

Thanked 6,344 Times in 2,494 Posts
Drifters gonna drift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #8383

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
yes the truck was in the wrong but the drivers intentions were visible from quite a distance yet you only decided to slow down as you got closer.

were you in a rush to take that off ramp quickly? i'm asking because i've seen you drive before and you do like your off ramps.
Looking at the video, it certainly seems so, however when you're actually behind the wheel I did not expect anything to turn in from where that truck turned in, therefore I was not prepared. The truck did signal early as the video indicates, which I did not realize, so I will give you that. However it doesn't change the fact that the truck was at fault, or the fact that he didn't bother looking.

As far as being in a rush off the off ramp, I was going 100 with my foot off the gas when I exited. That ramp is quite difficult to get off during morning rush hour, and there were several trucks in the right lane and several other slow drivers back to back therefore I had to exit at a slightly higher rate of speed in order to get off, not because I love my off ramps. I'm more of an on ramp guy to be honest
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #8384
RS controls my life!

FUUUUUUUUU

Old 03-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #8385
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,252 Times in 456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post

Anyone else come across crazy Canada Post truck drivers on Cambie St heading in and out of downtown usually around midnight? I understand you have deadlines but doing 70+ in a truck like the one above is reckless and dangerous. And last night not only did I witness a idiot driver going over 70+ in the outside lane but he blew through a solid red light on 33rd and Cambie. Like seriously?
Overnight delivery yo. Gotta compete with UPS.

'03 Toyota Corolla CE 'Ace of Base' [2011 - 15th May 2016,
29th November 2016 - Spring 2017]
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #8386
Need to Seek Professional Help

^^^^^ lol...
95 AE101L -sold-
Old 03-13-2014, 08:55 PM   #8387
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 5,676 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidPenguin View Post
good reaction

2015 Scion FRS

Quote:
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 03-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #8388
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidPenguin View Post
It IS 100% the other driver's job to look twice before turning right, however when you see people waiting to turn right you should wait until you're past to change lanes in case the decide to just turn into the (open a millisecond ago) curb lane. Nonetheless, good reactions.

2014 Ford Mustang 06/26/13 - 04/25/16 (SOLD)

2007 Honda Civic SI 10/13/12 - 05/13/13 (SOLD)

With Function, form will follow
Old 03-13-2014, 11:20 PM   #8389
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post

I see the Canada Post semi-trailers all the time, barreling along Marine Drive and turning quickly onto Cambie. They're nuts!
Old 03-14-2014, 12:53 AM   #8390
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts
Does BC have a rule where you are not allowed to pull out until all lanes of traffic are clear? Or does only the lane you're pulling out onto has to be clear?

I know in Ontario, there's a rule where you can't pull out until until ALL lanes of traffic are clear (up to a certain number)
Lets say you're pulling out into a 3 laned road, you can't pull out until ALL 3 lanes are clear.

-2011 BMW E92 335i- Current
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible- SOLD
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2014, 01:13 AM   #8391
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
Does BC have a rule where you are not allowed to pull out until all lanes of traffic are clear? Or does only the lane you're pulling out onto has to be clear?

I know in Ontario, there's a rule where you can't pull out until until ALL lanes of traffic are clear (up to a certain number)
Lets say you're pulling out into a 3 laned road, you can't pull out until ALL 3 lanes are clear.
The rule does not exist here, although it isn't the worst thing I have heard of.

I am with Daredevil though, if I see a car waiting I wait until after I have passed them before changing lanes. Much the same way you were taught not to change lanes in an intersection. It is simply a method to limit risk and mis-interpretation of a drivers intentions on the road.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 01:34 AM   #8392
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,441 Times in 1,706 Posts
Quote:

In his defence, that off ramp is fantastic to take 130km/h with a great handling car.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #8393
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Looking at the video, it certainly seems so, however when you're actually behind the wheel I did not expect anything to turn in from where that truck turned in, therefore I was not prepared. The truck did signal early as the video indicates, which I did not realize, so I will give you that. However it doesn't change the fact that the truck was at fault, or the fact that he didn't bother looking.

As far as being in a rush off the off ramp, I was going 100 with my foot off the gas when I exited. That ramp is quite difficult to get off during morning rush hour, and there were several trucks in the right lane and several other slow drivers back to back therefore I had to exit at a slightly higher rate of speed in order to get off, not because I love my off ramps. I'm more of an on ramp guy to be honest
Also remember, you cannot cross a solid white line unless in an emergency and only if safe to do so, being an idiot and not remember what exit to get off at, and not realizing the traffic behind you are not excuses to cross that.
Street Car --> 15.45 | Vega --> 11.65
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #8394

Quote:
You're right, but if you were to collide with him, do you think ICBC would find you at fault as well, or not at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
In his defence, that off ramp is fantastic to take 130km/h with a great handling car.
Posted via RS Mobile
Yup, I agree- I love that offramp. Even more fun when you've gotta head east on bridgeport after.. it flows pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerbeta View Post
Also remember, you cannot cross a solid white line unless in an emergency and only if safe to do so, being an idiot and not remember what exit to get off at, and not realizing the traffic behind you are not excuses to cross that.
That happens all the time. If Akinari collided with him, then he's equally a shitty driver for not being aware of what's happening in front of him.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #8395
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts
Quote:
That happens all the time. If Akinari collided with him, then he's equally a shitty driver for not being aware of what's happening in front of him.
How does that make him a equally shitty driver? The truck driver was a moron who fucked up and broke several laws. What laws did Akinari break? NONE.

If Akinari collided with him, it will be the other drivers fault 100%, no questions asked.

I understand where you're coming from in saying that Akinari should've been more aware, but unless if you were there yourself, you don't know the exact circumstances.

-2011 BMW E92 335i- Current
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible- SOLD
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #8396

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
How does that make him a equally shitty driver? The truck driver was a moron who fucked up and broke several laws. What laws did Akinari break? NONE.

If Akinari collided with him, it will be the other drivers fault 100%, no questions asked.

I understand where you're coming from in saying that Akinari should've been more aware, but unless if you were there yourself, you don't know the exact circumstances.
Did you see his video? He only slowed down at the LAST MINUTE (because he wasnt paying attention) and even then, instead of slowing down to go behind him, he tries to go around him. What if the truck continued moving right and struck his vehicle? Would you want to deal with that headache when it was completely avoidable?

You don't need to break a law to be a shitty driver.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #8397
RS Veteran

Thanked 6,344 Times in 2,494 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
I did not expect anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.

Last edited by bcrdukes; 03-14-2014 at 12:28 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #8398
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,486 Times in 408 Posts
Honestly, ICBC puts the burden on the person behind to be careful on whats going on in front of you. Even though yes, it is the trucks fault for unsafe driving, crossing that solid white/island, breaking all the rules, I guarantee that ICBC will put fault on you as well if anything happened.

Its a shitty deal none the less.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:15 PM   #8399
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 7,080 Times in 1,911 Posts
Saw this picture on my FB feed from earlier today...

126st and 68 ave, surrey.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #8400

Quote:
Did you see his video? He only slowed down at the LAST MINUTE (because he wasnt paying attention) and even then, instead of slowing down to go behind him, he tries to go around him. What if the truck continued moving right and struck his vehicle? Would you want to deal with that headache when it was completely avoidable?

Not trying to start anything here, that's the last thing I want to do.

However if you pay attention to the very start of the video, the truck was in the left lane and started braking (as you can see from the high mount brake light lighting up).

It was at this point in the video/image when he stopped braking (brake lights went off) and started accelerating without any due care about what was behind or beside him. Basically the truck started accelerating as soon as I was nearing the exit point.

Mind you, the dash cam I'm using, VicoVation TF2+ has a wide angle lens which makes everything seem a lot farther than they actually are.

Next time anyone takes that off ramp, please pay attention to how close the last white right turn marking on the ground is to the actual final point of the exit. I have gotten off the highway from that exit countless times and never has anyone turned in from that point, of course I didn't expect it.

It is completely pointless to try and make someone posting a simple dash cam video of a shitty driver, seem shitty themselves. You're not doing anyone any favours nor are you proving anything.

See for yourself next time and tell me how you would react

In other news: Asshole doesn't bother looking and drives across the lanes. Excuse the gf screaming and my language.

This post thanked by: