REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2014, 01:29 AM   #8776
Need my Daily Fix of RS
 
k2damax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 263
Thanked 409 Times in 63 Posts
Dont know where to put this but this was on my fb feed.
Advertisement
k2damax is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2014, 01:41 AM   #8777
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
swfk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,681
Thanked 3,418 Times in 643 Posts
I prefer cyclists over long boarders on the road. I haven't had any bad cyclist experiences either.

Long boarders in my alley are generally very courteous and I don't mind them. However I feel like the ones in the video are talking louder than they deserve to
swfk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:00 AM   #8778
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
boostfever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Shore
Posts: 3,534
Thanked 7,142 Times in 1,011 Posts
those dumbasses are always out and about in west van.

those guys are older, but I once saw some young kid getting almost hit and killed by a transit bus as he was entering main road from a back alley and couldn't control his POS board. this shit should be illegal.

LOL@ comments on youtube. These boarders were lucky to get away with a $35 ticket this time. sooner or later some granny or clai won't notice them coming, cut them off and serious shit will ensue. jokers.

Last edited by boostfever; 04-14-2014 at 02:05 AM.
boostfever is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2014, 02:09 AM   #8779
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 18
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swfk View Post
I prefer cyclists over long boarders on the road. I haven't had any bad cyclist experiences either.

Long boarders in my alley are generally very courteous and I don't mind them. However I feel like the ones in the video are talking louder than they deserve to
Actually those guys are professional riders, the guy talking to the cop is Lee Cation, he's the event organizer of 2 of BC's largest race. They aren't bad people, one of the guys off on the side - that is barely visible - is a security guard during the day. We stop for the cops when they pull us over, no need to swerve in front of us while we're going 70km+

Btw I spotted you a few weeks ago at the intersection up on SFU. I was walking up with one other guy after we got pulled over by the cops.
YamFries is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #8780
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
kross9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 571
Thanked 859 Times in 206 Posts
if its illegal for cars to go 70+ it should be even more so on a skateboard that cannot stop as quick as a car... I think they are more lucky he only stopped them compared to someone else cutting them off.
kross9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #8781
GS8
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
GS8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Fruit Loops
Posts: 1,566
Thanked 3,282 Times in 858 Posts
Just read through some of the comments

....

Typical mob 'we don't have all the facts so we'll comment on an edited video based on emotion and castrate the antagonist because fuck logic' mentality.

Another example of why IQ tests should be given out to people before allowing them access to social media.
__________________
I am lost
Because I am free
GS8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #8782
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
xXSupa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,392
Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts
Bad Drivers of Greater Vancouver.

Episode 39.

__________________
oOoOooOOo what does this space do

-2011 BMW E92 335i- Current
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible- SOLD
xXSupa is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #8783
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
kross9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 571
Thanked 859 Times in 206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Just read through some of the comments

....

Typical mob 'we don't have all the facts so we'll comment on an edited video based on emotion and castrate the antagonist because fuck logic' mentality.

Another example of why IQ tests should be given out to people before allowing them access to social media.

And thats why a lot of police have a bad rep
kross9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #8784
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 4,281
Thanked 6,446 Times in 1,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Just read through some of the comments

....

Typical mob 'we don't have all the facts so we'll comment on an edited video based on emotion and castrate the antagonist because fuck logic' mentality.

Another example of why IQ tests should be given out to people before allowing them access to social media.
In my opinion that's a trick question. The real IQ test is if you have social media in the first place. Have you signed up for twitter? Facebook? Pof even? Yes to any of those already tells me your IQ
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #8785
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 18
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9 View Post
if its illegal for cars to go 70+ it should be even more so on a skateboard that cannot stop as quick as a car... I think they are more lucky he only stopped them compared to someone else cutting them off.
We accept the fact that what we do is against by-law and that it's dangerous. We're prepared for anything when we see a car in the opposite lane, I've been skating the same spot for 3 years and have never had any interactions with cars the way they did. As a cops duty to protect and serve, it is completely unacceptable to endanger their lives by swerving in front of them head on. Would a cop swerve in front of a speeding car cause that car to fly into the sidewalk for a $35 ticket?

Power tripped cop, you can see how his facial expression and tone changed as soon as the guy takes off his helmet, not the little kid you were expecting to bully.

Last edited by YamFries; 04-14-2014 at 11:53 AM.
YamFries is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #8786
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,426
Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
dnv.org | Live | Getting Around | Transportation and Traffic

In both North and West Van longboarding is frowned upon. There is a lot being done to stop it almost entirely for exactly the reasons outlined in this thread.

If I am not allowed to go 50 down lonsdale, how can it be legal for some guy with no protective shell, no brakes, and wheels the size of hockey pucks to rocket past me at 70+?

For those that don't know lonsdale is a steep main thoroughfare in north van, it has countless roads which cross it that are often very busy as well, it also has redlights and crosswalks. The boarders used to bomb through redlights, past stopped vehicles, and in general just wreak havoc on locals. Not to mention the danger they created to themselves and others.
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #8787
My homepage has been set to RS
 
xpl0sive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Burnaby,BC
Posts: 2,053
Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamFries View Post
We accept the fact that what we do is against by-law and that it's dangerous. We're prepared for anything when we see a car in the opposite lane, I've been skating the same spot for 3 years and have never had any interactions with cars the way they did. As a cops duty to protect and serve, it is completely unacceptable to endanger their lives by swerving in front of them head on. Would a cop swerve in front of a speeding car cause that car to fly into the sidewalk for a $35 ticket?

Power tripped cop, you can see how his facial expression and tone changed as soon as the guy takes off his helmet, not the little kid you were expecting to bully.
Cops walk out in front of speeding cars all the time during radar traps. It makes absolutely no sense to me. One of these days someone will be texting while speeding and not see a cop walk out in front of them...
__________________
Fast, Reliable, Cheap

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #8788
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 18
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
Cops walk out in front of speeding cars all the time during radar traps. It makes absolutely no sense to me. One of these days someone will be texting while speeding and not see a cop walk out in front of them...
That's true, but usually there's a larger space for cars to stop when they walk on the road. But we shouldn't get off topic and turn this thread into a bash. What the cop did was dangerous driving, 2000lb+ car vs. 150lb man.
YamFries is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:27 PM   #8789
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,336
Thanked 2,029 Times in 198 Posts
The whole "we know it's dangerous and we are prepared for a vehicle coming into our lane" it annoys me when people say that. Lets say that a vehicle does come in the way and you hit it and either get seriously injured or worse; the driver will not be prepared for it and could be traumatized for a long time. The cop had every bit of right to do that. And since boarders are prepared for it, then they have no right to argue.
Posted via RS Mobile
bigzz786786 is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #8790
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
boostfever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Shore
Posts: 3,534
Thanked 7,142 Times in 1,011 Posts
These guys are older and more experienced boarders. Too bad that can't be said about 80% of the boarders on the North Shore. Majority of them are dumb teenagers with no sense of danger or consideration for others.
boostfever is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #8791
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,426
Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamFries View Post
That's true, but usually there's a larger space for cars to stop when they walk on the road. But we shouldn't get off topic and turn this thread into a bash. What the cop did was dangerous driving, 2000lb+ car vs. 150lb man.
1. The only difference is the fact that a car has brakes and a longboard has nothing reliable to stop it in an emergency.

2. In the scenario of a cop stepping in front of a car to stop it, its the same 150lb man vs 4000lb car.

You're argument is invalid, longboarders should be banned from riding on roads.

There is a time and a place for activities, and longboarding is not one that can safely be done with motorists on the road.
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #8792
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 18
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzz786786 View Post
The whole "we know it's dangerous and we are prepared for a vehicle coming into our lane" it annoys me when people say that. Lets say that a vehicle does come in the way and you hit it and either get seriously injured or worse; the driver will not be prepared for it and could be traumatized for a long time. The cop had every bit of right to do that. And since boarders are prepared for it, then they have no right to argue.
Posted via RS Mobile
As drivers, we're prepared for everything, from kids running onto the road to reckless drivers. Does that give the right for others to freely endanger you as a driver?
YamFries is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #8793
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 18
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
1. The only difference is the fact that a car has brakes and a longboard has nothing reliable to stop it in an emergency.

2. In the scenario of a cop stepping in front of a car to stop it, its the same 150lb man vs 4000lb car.

You're argument is invalid, longboarders should be banned from riding on roads.

There is a time and a place for activities, and longboarding is not one that can safely be done with motorists on the road.
I have gone down SFU going around 85km/h and a cop stepped onto the road as I was 200ft away, I had a clear few seconds to think about it and come to a complete stop. We can stop.

There's a difference in a 150lb man knowingly steps into traffic against 4000lb car than a 4000lb car running in front of a 150lb man. On one occasion the instigator will lose, the other will win.

I'm not here to talk about the legality of longboarders on the road, we get it, it's unsafe. The cop could have handled the situation a lot better.
YamFries is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #8794
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
SeanJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: .
Posts: 1,253
Thanked 52 Times in 18 Posts
Essentially what the argument in this thread boils down to right now is longboarders doing something unlawful and dangerous (to themselves and society) and the cops that make that dangerous and unlawful activity more dangerous only to those longboarders.

Everyone could have handled the situation better but didn't.
SeanJohn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:55 PM   #8795
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 59
Thanked 49 Times in 25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamFries View Post
As drivers, we're prepared for everything, from kids running onto the road to reckless drivers. Does that give the right for others to freely endanger you as a driver?
I've had several instances on both Cypress and Seymour where longboarders have been completely over the double yellows and in my oncoming lane in corners. All of these there wasn't a collision ONLY because I avoided them, not them avoiding me. They were out of control and going wide in corners, one instance they shot right through the oncoming lane and into the trees on the other side.
I ride a motorcycle, if one of these guys hits me I'm getting hurt. I don't care if you want to ride your skateboard, but if you can't keep it in your lane then get off the road. That's a rule for everyone.
franko is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #8796
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
meme405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,426
Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamFries View Post
I'm not here to talk about the legality of longboarders on the road, we get it, it's unsafe.
Obviously the people who continue to do this do NOT get it, and apparently they won't until they end up dead under the wheels of a car.

Then what? You have not only done enormous harm to your own family, but think about what the other individual who hit you at most likely little to no fault of their own has to live with for the rest of their lives.

Like I said previously there is no room on the roads for a glorified skateboard, it simply poses to great of a risk.

I snowboard, and mountain bike, and I could easily harm myself heavily or even die doing either one of those things. In fact just this past year I broke both my hands critically mountain biking, but guess what I was doing so in an appropriate area where the only person who got hurt was myself.

When people do stupid things, they should do so where atleast if something is going to go wrong they can only hurt themselves.
__________________

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #8797
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: work
Posts: 1,365
Thanked 914 Times in 323 Posts
They have basically no brakes in case of an emergency of any sort.
E-SPEC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #8798
WHAT? NO FOOD?
 
Santofu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,406
Thanked 1,133 Times in 230 Posts
His gf was sitting on his lap, once he hit the curb his gf landed on the sidewalk and the guy literally laughed LOL.

What is this old couple thinking? they were going to alex fraser highway.

BUSTED!
__________________
1996 VSM Civic EK Hatchback

[29-04, 00:14] El Bastardo: Santofu isn't the hero Revscene needs, but hes the hero Revscene deserves
Santofu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #8799
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
bobbinka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,172
Thanked 1,528 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamFries View Post
I'm not here to talk about the legality of longboarders on the road, we get it, it's unsafe. The cop could have handled the situation a lot better.
Don't try to shift the focus of this onto the cop.

It was dangerous and it was irresponsible to ride down there at that speed. Had that been a resident of the neighborhood making a left turn, the same thing would've happened and you still wouldn't have been able to stop. Don't put the responsibility onto other people to keep you safe. That's your own responsibility. Your inability to stop in that exact moment just goes to show you don't belong on the road there. You can't anticipate everything that might happen on the road, but Cars and bikes have brakes so that they can react. You can't. If anything, you should be thanking the cop for putting things into perspective and showing you how you DON'T have control.

If you're trying to rally people to support longboarders, just remember that you're on an automotive forum
bobbinka is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:18 PM   #8800
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
kross9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 571
Thanked 859 Times in 206 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone else go jsut the speed limit when they are being tailgated or high beamed?
Posted via RS Mobile
kross9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net