REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 07-13-2014, 10:52 PM   #9651
Need to Seek Professional Help

i know this don't belong here but lol..
Advertisement
95 AE101L -sold-
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #9652
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Thanked 1,166 Times in 111 Posts
Having a nice day till this guy, I should've saw that miles ahead... My VSC light came on after too

Old 07-14-2014, 05:12 PM   #9653
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,943 Times in 976 Posts
I think a couple more honks would've gotten your point across better
Old 07-14-2014, 05:33 PM   #9654
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 12,357 Times in 3,340 Posts
Fucking Dodge owners

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #9655
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmak4 View Post
Having a nice day till this guy, I should've saw that miles ahead... My VSC light came on after too

Idiot in a pickup truck - YouTube
Next time, just hold the horn down the whole time. Fucking truck drivers just think they can do whatever they want.

I love seeing truck drivers that think they have 900HP under the hood because I know the slightest thing I do will make them angry.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-14-2014, 07:14 PM   #9656
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,759 Times in 2,071 Posts
Don't know if I should put this in the HoS or in here.

This was definitely rigged by some sort of truly new breed of dumbass.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
Old 07-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #9657
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
...why would you buy a G35 if you have to pull a trailer?
Old 07-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #9658
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,960 Times in 443 Posts
cuz no fucks given
Old 07-14-2014, 07:34 PM   #9659
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 3,408 Times in 786 Posts
Looks like they're from Florida and it all probably worked well till they pressed on the brakes and the trailer kept on goin. The sad part is the cost to replace that bumper would be more expensive than if they bought a beater truck instead
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #9660
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,759 Times in 2,071 Posts
I'd be more concerned about high centering the trailer right at the hitching point and causing a huge pileup. Looks like any dip in the road at speed and it would be end game.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2014, 11:18 PM   #9661
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,253 Times in 1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Looks like they're from Florida and it all probably worked well till they pressed on the brakes and the trailer kept on goin. The sad part is the cost to replace that bumper would be more expensive than if they bought a beater truck instead
Not to mention the hitch and replacement parts for the now-destroyed rear suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
Old 07-14-2014, 11:52 PM   #9662
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,113 Times in 277 Posts
Quote:

Idiot in a pickup truck - YouTube
i get the honking but really he was sitting there for like a million years... you didnt have to slam the brakes at the last minute.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #9663
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by duy- View Post
i get the honking but really he was sitting there for like a million years... you didnt have to slam the brakes at the last minute.
Don't know if you're referring to him sitting across two lanes or sitting on the drive way, if you're referring to the former, you can hear that I let off the gas completely while he decided to gradually make his turn to the opposing traffic where it was not safe to do so, mind that he was cutting across all the lanes to the far right as well. You can see that there are multiple cars coming from opposing traffic. I slammed on the brakes because he completely stopped in both lanes on my side of the road when he realized there's oncoming traffic when he was cutting through 4 lanes.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2014, 11:29 AM   #9664
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 2,689 Times in 621 Posts
Quote:
Don't know if you're referring to him sitting across two lanes or sitting on the drive way, if you're referring to the former, you can hear that I let off the gas completely while he decided to gradually make his turn to the opposing traffic where it was not safe to do so, mind that he was cutting across all the lanes to the far right as well. You can see that there are multiple cars coming from opposing traffic. I slammed on the brakes because he completely stopped in both lanes on my side of the road when he realized there's oncoming traffic when he was cutting through 4 lanes.
Yeah but you coulda started braking lightly when you saw him turning out.

Why not be courteous as a driver, give him the benefit of the doubt that he's from out of town or he's already been waiting there for a while and the only way was to force himself out

It's harder maneuvering something the size of a pickup truck in a bigger city like Richmond Vancouver Burnaby
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-15-2014, 11:51 AM   #9665

no he just needs to pay attention to where he's going, or develop that common sense that isn't so common. there's a big truck crawling in front of you, chances are he's going to get in your way, a little foresight works amazing for driving on the streets
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2014, 11:53 AM   #9666
nma
#RVG

wow, that is just.... wow...
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #9667
#deephouse

Thanked 4,691 Times in 1,237 Posts
poor g37...
Old 07-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #9668
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #9669

Quote:
no he just needs to pay attention to where he's going, or develop that common sense that isn't so common. there's a big truck crawling in front of you, chances are he's going to get in your way, a little foresight works amazing for driving on the streets
if the truck driver had foresight the whole things never would have happened.

Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 07-15-2014, 01:34 PM   #9670
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,467 Times in 876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
if the truck driver had foresight the whole things never would have happened.
how do you know that guy wasnt already sitting there for a few minutes? i've had to do shit like that in my truck out of frustration a few times. plus its clear that the driver of truck was already poking out as dmak was turning left. i bet dmak wasn't paying attention because if he was he would have just quickly checked his rear view mirror and put the car into the the other lane and avoided that whole situation.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #9671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_KB View Post
how do you know that guy wasnt already sitting there for a few minutes? i've had to do shit like that in my truck out of frustration a few times. plus its clear that the driver of truck was already poking out as dmak was turning left. i bet dmak wasn't paying attention because if he was he would have just quickly checked his rear view mirror and put the car into the the other lane and avoided that whole situation.
If he's been sitting there for a few minutes he hasn't planned ahead at all. If he did he'd turn right and loop around the block instead of blocking traffic like a shithead.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #9672

okay the truck driver fucked up, it's already happened and you can't use the power of will to move him. you have two options, slowly approach and wait for him patiently, or slowly approach and honk the shit out of him swearing and cursing or secret option 3: drive along as if he wasn't there, get surprised and slam the brakes suddenly enough to trigger your vcs light. what do you do?
Old 07-15-2014, 03:12 PM   #9673
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,838 Times in 1,517 Posts
Quote:
okay the truck driver fucked up, it's already happened and you can't use the power of will to move him. you have two options, slowly approach and wait for him patiently, or slowly approach and honk the shit out of him swearing and cursing or secret option 3: drive along as if he wasn't there, get surprised and slam the brakes suddenly enough to trigger your vcs light. what do you do?
trigger vcs light and post on RS obviously
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2014, 03:12 PM   #9674
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 2,689 Times in 621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
If he's been sitting there for a few minutes he hasn't planned ahead at all. If he did he'd turn right and loop around the block instead of blocking traffic like a shithead.
What if he's from out of town?

Are a handful of seconds out of your day really gonna make it or break it?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #9675
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
Yeah but you coulda started braking lightly when you saw him turning out.

Why not be courteous as a driver, give him the benefit of the doubt that he's from out of town or he's already been waiting there for a while and the only way was to force himself out

It's harder maneuvering something the size of a pickup truck in a bigger city like Richmond Vancouver Burnaby
Why does it matter if he's out of town or the size of his vehicle? It gives him the right to pull his truck out blocking opposing traffic? Driving with impatience is a factor in the roads being more dangerous, just because you've been waiting for a few minutes it's okay to just pull your vehicle out into traffic regardless? Doesn't sound right to me.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_KB View Post
duy- and Knight_KB

Yes, I'm the one who has to pay attention to where I'm going because I pulled my vehicle out sideways onto two lanes. When did having a larger vehicle give you the right to get into opposing traffic's way? Because his vehicle is large I should simply give way because he couldn't wait for a better opening? If you own a large vehicle shouldn't you know prior to purchase that you'll need to be more patient on the road because you're not as small or agile as others on the road, that you can't just act because you've waited long enough and/or it's frustrating?

Fyi, I did see him the whole time, whether I wanted to try to move out of his way (even though he was blocking both lanes) so he could probably just force his way into traffic later on, possibly in a riskier situation or try to let him know that he was not right to pull out like that was my choice.

Basically you're justifying blocking the road because it's okay to do so out of frustration? Why would it ever be okay to act out of frustration, especially driving. "Being frustrated" is no justification to act naive.
If I really wasn't paying attention I would have t-boned the guy already.

Seeing that he was cutting through all 4 lanes, I assumed he was turning left on No. 3 Road, and he could have easily took a right out of the driveway and taken Minoru then Westerminster which probably would have been quicker with the amount of traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
What if he's from out of town?

Are a handful of seconds out of your day really gonna make it or break it?
Again, does it matter if he's out of town?... Pretty sure any driver licensing school wouldn't justify pulling a vehicle out into traffic when it isn't safe.

Last edited by dmak4; 07-15-2014 at 04:58 PM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: