REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 07-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #9676
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 3,408 Times in 786 Posts
Guise. I bet you all he was just coming out of espot practicing them MT moves
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #9677
RS Veteran

Thanked 2,422 Times in 515 Posts
The Nissan Rogue gave the guy a break so he could come across. He took the opportunity despite the fact you were coming along. You could have given him a break but instead you chose to continue at full speed and then brake and honk at him. Sure he was in the wrong and I understand your frustration with the guy.

There is a gravel pit here in Victoria where dump trucks enter and exit from an uphill slope stop sign onto a busy 1 lane road. If no one ever gave them a break, they would never be able to enter or exit. Large service vehicles often have to temporarily block traffic to get where they need to go. He doesn't have a service vehicle, but it doesn't hurt to give people a break now and then and then be on your way.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #9678
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,214 Times in 812 Posts
If you gave him more room he could have turned sharper and got in to the lane sooner.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #9679
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,959 Times in 443 Posts
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #9680
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,420 Times in 799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AME_VIP View Post
The Nissan Rogue gave the guy a break so he could come across. He took the opportunity despite the fact you were coming along. You could have given him a break but instead you chose to continue at full speed and then brake and honk at him. Sure he was in the wrong and I understand your frustration with the guy.

There is a gravel pit here in Victoria where dump trucks enter and exit from an uphill slope stop sign onto a busy 1 lane road. If no one ever gave them a break, they would never be able to enter or exit. Large service vehicles often have to temporarily block traffic to get where they need to go. He doesn't have a service vehicle, but it doesn't hurt to give people a break now and then and then be on your way.
I can understand where you're coming from, yet your example is pretty black & white being that; large commercial vehicle, uphill slope stop sign, merging into 1 lane road. If anyone has ever driven or atleast paid enough attention to big commercial vehicles, you'd know how hard is it to; get going, even more so when on an uphill slope.

I can also understand the "give a guy a break" but FFS. I am honestly TIRED OF GIVING FUCKING IDIOTS BREAKS. I would've done almost the exact same thing dmak did, just not going as quickly as he seemed.

Why I don't give 2 fucks of courtesy on the roads anymore:

-Northbound Knight Street Bridge @ 3:45pm
-Right hand lane cruising 45km/h in traffic
-White Merc Sedan passes by in left lane
-Puts on signal
-Either doesn't care, or doesn't pay attention to Hyundia SUV infront of me
-Starts merging INTO the SUV
-SUV holds ground and realizes about to be run OFF THE ROAD
-SUV jams on brakes and swerves into bus stop (Annacis Island Bus Stop)
-White Merc continues like nothing happened
-Get to Marine Drive Yield
-Merc doesn't yield
-Almost gets fucking sideswiped by oncoming Honda Odessey in curb lane
-Merc then continues behind Odessey just to cut across all lanes of traffic to go up 57th.

Funny enough, I see this shit everyday driving home from Richmond to Burnaby. It's to the point where, if I hda a dashcam, you'd see DAILY updates from me in here.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it

Last edited by melloman; 07-16-2014 at 09:43 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #9681
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed2K View Post
I didnt even notice him sitting in the car. Asshole!

This would've been a good time to call in the RS beat down crew!
Right, call a bunch of all talk pussy's..lol
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #9682
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 2,675 Times in 619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmak4 View Post
Why does it matter if he's out of town or the size of his vehicle? It gives him the right to pull his truck out blocking opposing traffic? Driving with impatience is a factor in the roads being more dangerous, just because you've been waiting for a few minutes it's okay to just pull your vehicle out into traffic regardless? Doesn't sound right to me.

duy- and Knight_KB

Yes, I'm the one who has to pay attention to where I'm going because I pulled my vehicle out sideways onto two lanes. When did having a larger vehicle give you the right to get into opposing traffic's way? Because his vehicle is large I should simply give way because he couldn't wait for a better opening? If you own a large vehicle shouldn't you know prior to purchase that you'll need to be more patient on the road because you're not as small or agile as others on the road, that you can't just act because you've waited long enough and/or it's frustrating?

Fyi, I did see him the whole time, whether I wanted to try to move out of his way (even though he was blocking both lanes) so he could probably just force his way into traffic later on, possibly in a riskier situation or try to let him know that he was not right to pull out like that was my choice.

Basically you're justifying blocking the road because it's okay to do so out of frustration? Why would it ever be okay to act out of frustration, especially driving. "Being frustrated" is no justification to act naive.
If I really wasn't paying attention I would have t-boned the guy already.

Seeing that he was cutting through all 4 lanes, I assumed he was turning left on No. 3 Road, and he could have easily took a right out of the driveway and taken Minoru then Westerminster which probably would have been quicker with the amount of traffic.

Again, does it matter if he's out of town?... Pretty sure any driver licensing school wouldn't justify pulling a vehicle out into traffic when it isn't safe.
You must not drive outside the big cities very often.

Have you never had to wait for a semi to back into their destination while blocking traffic?

It seems to me you're the only one frustrated and impatient in the video.

You also say he's cutting through 4 lanes of traffic to turn left onto three road, if he was turning left onto 3 road he's really only cutting 2 lanes. Which gives me the impression you're just wording this situation purposefully, and blowing it out of proportion.

I don't know if you've ever driven in a city where you don't know the roads well. In a situation like that you're already stressed out, having some asshole honk and me if I fucked up then finishing it off with some more short bursts doesn't actually help me at all nor make me go any faster.

Last edited by hchang; 07-16-2014 at 11:12 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #9683
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

"Whaaaa daaa fuuuuuuuhhhk"? is the official RS traffic slogan in these video's.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2014, 11:15 AM   #9684
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post

Have you never had to wait for a semi to back into their destination while blocking traffic?

I don't know if you've ever driven in a city where you don't know the roads well. In a situation like that you're already stressed out, having some asshole honk and me if I fucked up then finishing it off with some more short bursts doesn't actually help me at all nor make me go any faster.
A pickup is not a semi, and a semi doesn't get a choice in there the load needs to end up. This truck driver did have a choice, and he chose to make a left like an asshole. It's not about speeding him up, it's about letting him know he's being an asshole. Too many clueless, arrogant fucks driving around these days. I'm with melloman, I'm sick and tired of giving stupid people breaks when driving, especially when they don't even acknowledge that they fucked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #9685
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I've made that left where the pickup came from before, it's a major pain in the ass and you'll rarely do it during the day without at least partially blocking a lane.

Best bet is to go right and make a loop but most people are way too lazy or "in a hurry" these days.

Honks were justified, not sure about the hard braking. Video may be misleading but to repeat what others have said, sure seems like adequate time to brake.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #9686

Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
There was no reason for the poster of that video to have to slam on his brakes, he had ample room to slow down.

But that does not exalt the truck of his responsibility to drive with some sort of common courtesy.

I don't care if he had been waiting for 10 minutes, the way he chose to make that left hand turn was unsafe as I saw it, and the law states when you begin your turn you must be able to safely execute the entire turn. The truck was clearly unable to do so, and therefore should have waited at the parking lot exit.

If he was unable to make a left for an extended period that was his hint that: "Hey maybe I should make a right then find a way around back to where I need to go."

Being from a different part of the city or a different country, does not mean you can drive like a total tool, just because you are driving around not knowing where you are going. Pull over figure out where you need to go, plan a safe way to get there, and then execute.

I see people who are in the left lane about to miss their right hand turn who slam on their brakes in front of others, or otherwise hold up traffic so they can cut across the right lane to make their turn. This is frankly bullshit behaviour. You missed your turn, continue and then when you can safely backtrack and continue on your way.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
Old 07-16-2014, 03:09 PM   #9687
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
You guys don't know how to Richmond. The correct way would've been to turn out of the other opening, the one on the other side of Izumiya in front of...Zephyr? That one is further from the intersection and the median and therefore way easier to turn left from.

And I won't let up on anyone that messes up. That's like encouraging poor driving skills...and I see this shit every day in Richmond. I'm not talking about having common courtesy as a driver. For example, unlike everyone else in Richmond, I make it a point not to block intersections or turns at lights and will usually let people turn out of their driveways but if you fuck up and turn into oncoming traffic without regard for anyone else's safety, then I'm going to hold that horn down like I'm buzzing in for Jeopardy.

I've even considered fitting a louder horn...because Richmond.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #9688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I've even considered fitting a louder horn...because Richmond.
Train horns are my first mod after I bag the FX.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #9689
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
You guys don't know how to Richmond. The correct way would've been to turn out of the other opening, the one on the other side of Izumiya in front of...Zephyr? That one is further from the intersection and the median and therefore way easier to turn left from.
+1, key to driving in Richmond is knowing little tricks like this and taking all the back roads.

Alderbridge then #3 road to Richmond Centre? Lansdowne to Minoru
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #9690
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,943 Times in 873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I see people who are in the left lane about to miss their right hand turn who slam on their brakes in front of others, or otherwise hold up traffic so they can cut across the right lane to make their turn. This is frankly bullshit behaviour. You missed your turn, continue and then when you can safely backtrack and continue on your way.
This.

I see so many fucks come out of the P2 Metrotown exit to Kingsway, and stand there trying to turn right (position of the silver Corolla in picture).

Vancouver roads are NOT hard to navigate - if you miss your turn, having the navigational skills of a brick will get you back to where you want to be.

Fuck I hate that shit.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #9691
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Thanked 1,166 Times in 111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post

You also say he's cutting through 4 lanes of traffic to turn left onto three road, if he was turning left onto 3 road he's really only cutting 2 lanes. Which gives me the impression you're just wording this situation purposefully, and blowing it out of proportion.

Okay...

Anyway, you're really only making the assumption that he's driving outside of the city to defend your claim, unless you have some connection to the driver.

Yes, I'll admit I had sufficient time to brake. I made the mistake of assuming he would brake as I was accelerating out of my turn. I should not have made that assumption and been smarter and just braked earlier.

You can literally see him wait for the the other lanes of traffic to let him through to cut across.

fyi, I used to work in industrial areas and commute through those areas daily to get to work and class.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:44 AM   #9692
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I agree with melloman. Nowadays courtesy driving in Richmond and vancouver died 10 years ago. Nowadays, you give some courtesy to other drivers in Vancouver or Richmond, that said drivers will just take for granted, and make your driving situations become more dangerous with their unexpected or poor driving habits/movements. Last but not least, these said drivers will just thank you with profanity or negative remarks.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:41 PM   #9693
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Train horns are my first mod after I bag the FX.
I'm not sure if you're serious but I fucking hate those stupid things, I had some idiot blast one as I drove past going the other way, it threw me off completely and my ear was ringing for a couple days. If someone did that to a car with a kid in it the kids hearing will get significantly damaged for life.

That said I too want some slightly louder/meaner horns because the ones they put in cars sound wimpy as hell, a cute little "meep" will never get taken seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
Old 07-17-2014, 01:18 PM   #9694

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I'm not sure if you're serious but I fucking hate those stupid things, I had some idiot blast one as I drove past going the other way, it threw me off completely and my ear was ringing for a couple days. If someone did that to a car with a kid in it the kids hearing will get significantly damaged for life.

That said I too want some slightly louder/meaner horns because the ones they put in cars sound wimpy as hell, a cute little "meep" will never get taken seriously.
The way I have it set up in another vehicle the stock horn is still wired in, and the regular steering wheel button operates that horn just as normal.

But if someone really does something incredibly dumb there is a secondary switch by my knee (just above my e-brake release) which operates the train horn.

I'll be honest I really only did it for novelty in my other vehicle, I actually only used it one time (aside from showing people who wanted to see how loud it was). The one time I did actually use it was when some dumb fucking cunt tried to come out of the one way entrance of a parking garage (Pacific center downtown), I think what she was trying to do was escape paying the $5 parking. Either way she gave me the finger after I wouldn't back up the ramp, so I let her have the train horn. Needless to say she promptly backed up and went out the correct exit.

I should also add, the reason the horn was installed in the other vehicle was not for street use. It was installed because that is my company truck, and I drive around the pit area of industrial mine sites with it. When you are operating around haul trucks, a buggy whip, and beacon light are not going to cut it.

Last edited by meme405; 07-17-2014 at 01:27 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #9695
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

bad parking? no problem

Old 07-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #9696
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
LOLOL

I always look for those spots and park right up against the wall.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #9697
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #9698
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^ that is a solid white line he is not allowed to lane change from there!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #9699
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Lady in a beige Mazda Protege parked her car in a buses only area (right lane) and wouldn't move.

You can hear the bus behind me honking at her to move. She just ends up ignoring the bus and turns on her hazard lights. Bus driver was pissed and had to stop and let passengers off in the middle lane.

Last edited by keifun; 07-17-2014 at 09:17 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #9700
ZN6
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,120 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
This.

I see so many fucks come out of the P2 Metrotown exit to Kingsway, and stand there trying to turn right (position of the silver Corolla in picture).
Spoiler!

Vancouver roads are NOT hard to navigate - if you miss your turn, having the navigational skills of a brick will get you back to where you want to be.

Fuck I hate that shit.
But that's not Vancouver, is it?