REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 07-28-2014, 03:47 PM   #9826
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
That's Ironwood. He's not far from store fronts. He's not off in a corner or anything.
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #9827
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,286 Times in 1,197 Posts
I've seen this a few times in the past week ... and once again on the way home from work today ... and it pisses me off.

Emergency vehicle trying to get through busy summer traffic and the people in front of it just stop in the middle of the road, completely blocking the emergency vehicle. Then they just sit there looking behind them as the emergency vehicle (a firetruck today) is honking at them.

These idiots are deliberately impeding an emergency vehicle further endangering lives that are already in peril.

Pull over to the side of the road if you can. If you can't, keep going until you can. The worst thing you can do is block the emergency vehicle's way.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #9828
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,666 Times in 355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The wrap job is ugly but it looks well done, and the car doesn't looks like it's parked close to any shops so I don't see the harm in the Z parked like that.

Z driver is still a pretentious cheeky cunt, I've seen it double park multiple times and has seen several images floating around the web with its double parking mad skillz
Old 07-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #9829
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,455 Times in 1,709 Posts
he double parks everytime he goes to richmond costco.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #9830
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

next time lets just box him in!
Old 07-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #9831
...in the world.

If you fuck with him, don't post about it here.

Just know that the driving gods are smiling upon you.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2014, 06:42 PM   #9832
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,252 Times in 456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
That car reminds me of a shiny this:
Except Rosie wasn't a useless fuckwit.

'03 Toyota Corolla CE 'Ace of Base' [2011 - 15th May 2016,
29th November 2016 - Spring 2017]
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #9833
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The wrap job is ugly but it looks well done, and the car doesn't looks like it's parked close to any shops so I don't see the harm in the Z parked like that.
Are you kidding me?? ^^ So fuck the the parents and there children who are trying to find a parking spot to go shopping because this guy just doesn't give a shit.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #9834
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Park over 2 spots in a busy filled lot to protect your distracting wrap job. Nice. Fuck people like this!
This guy is on a roll, appearing in both hall of shame and shitty drivers thread. I wonder if he realizes he's getting all the unwanted attention and that's why he's trying to sell his car now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
NISSAN 350z CHROME Convertible

CHROME EDITION, CHROME TO DA DOME
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2014, 09:02 PM   #9835
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Park over 2 spots in a busy filled lot to protect your distracting wrap job. Nice. Fuck people like this!
I remember seeing this same picture posted on Richmond Learns to Park?
Old 07-28-2014, 09:17 PM   #9836
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,152 Times in 1,968 Posts
Chrome wrap AND automatic transmission.

Ugh.

:donotwant:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2014, 09:18 PM   #9837
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,152 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
I've seen this a few times in the past week ... and once again on the way home from work today ... and it pisses me off.

Emergency vehicle trying to get through busy summer traffic and the people in front of it just stop in the middle of the road, completely blocking the emergency vehicle. Then they just sit there looking behind them as the emergency vehicle (a firetruck today) is honking at them.

These idiots are deliberately impeding an emergency vehicle further endangering lives that are already in peril.

Pull over to the side of the road if you can. If you can't, keep going until you can. The worst thing you can do is block the emergency vehicle's way.
I personally believe that all emergency vehicles should be equipped with (proper) push/bull bars and if a vehicle refuses to move out of its way, they are then legally allowed to push it out of their way. Even up here in Kamloops I've seen idiot drives do exactly that. That said, all those instances seem to be around TRU, which does have a large international student body... :hrm:
Old 07-29-2014, 12:39 AM   #9838
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,486 Times in 408 Posts
i always say, what if the emergency vehicle was trying to reach a loved one or a friend or someone you know? you wouldn't other people blocking the vehicles way now, do you?

so why do it to others?

and what the heck do these drivers learn to get their licenses?
Old 07-29-2014, 10:05 PM   #9839

Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
I find that middle aged white women are the most stubborn clueless drivers in the world. Yesterday i encountered two (in different situations) driving in the passing lane going a little below the speed limit and people kept getting caught behind them and riding their ass and getting aggravated and when they dangerously pass them on the right they have the balls to finger the person passing them? If your going to cruise pull to the right, your going the exact same speed as the slow vehicles in the right lane.

On a brighter note, I also encountered many courteous drivers on highway 3 to Hope that immediately moved to the right as soon as they saw a vehicle approaching them in the rear view. It was like driving in Germany, I got a soft fuzzy good feeling inside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
I don't understand why people don't understand the concept of:

Left lane = pass
Right lane = travel

No pass, no left lane. Slow down or speed up and get in the right lane.

I'm glad they're implementing the new laws that will allow police to ticket these idiots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
police can already ticket left lane hoggers, they just dont. they are worried about ppl going 10km/h over the speed limit on a highway
Apparently this concept is so fucking difficult to understand that even PO's are finding it difficult to master:

Spoiler!

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
Old 07-29-2014, 10:16 PM   #9840
...in the world.

I don't understand how you can accuse someone of being a left lane hogger and a speeder at the same time.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:28 PM   #9841

Thanked 1,530 Times in 310 Posts
So he's going 110 to 125km/h, which is the same speed everyone in front of him is going, which is already over the speed limit and he's complaining that a vehicle is hogging the left lane "blocking" flow of traffic??

By that logic, we should all be travelling faster than the next person regardless of what speed they're going. If all 3 vehicles in front of him in each lane were driving 200km/h, does that mean the guy in the far left lane needs to move out of the way so he can go 220km/h?

How fast does he think he needs to go?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2014, 10:29 PM   #9842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I don't understand how you can accuse someone of being a left lane hogger and a speeder at the same time.
Doesn't matter how fast you are going, if there is people behind you wanting to go faster, that is their personal decision. You are supposed to move out of their way, so as not to impede them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
So he's going 110 to 125km/h, which is the same speed everyone in front of him is going, which is already over the speed limit and he's complaining that a vehicle is hogging the left lane "blocking" flow of traffic??

By that logic, we should all be travelling faster than the next person regardless of what speed they're going. If all 3 vehicles in front of him in each lane were driving 200km/h, does that mean the guy in the far left lane needs to move out of the way so he can go 220km/h?

How fast does he think he needs to go?

I am not saying the officer needs to go faster, I am saying the traffic in the right lanes is going the same speed, and he was block traffic behind him. The correct thing to do was for the officer to move into one of the clear right lanes so others could go past him.

EDIT: Guys it ain't difficult to understand, left lane hogging has nothing to do with speed limits. The two items are mutually exclusive, regardless of how fast you are going relative to the speed limit, if some asshat behind you wants to go faster you should get the fuck out of his way if it is possible for you to do so.

Otherwise it equates to people doing stupid shit like that RAV4 to get around the impedence. Was what that RAV4 did intelligent? No, of course not, but when you get frustrated sitting behind someone you do not believe is going fast enough, then it leads to some people doing stupid shit.

Last edited by meme405; 07-29-2014 at 10:34 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-29-2014, 10:33 PM   #9843
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,486 Times in 408 Posts
i find this to be in such a grey area.

like the video stated, theres a portion of the clip that is says its a 90km/h zone. so if the person in the left lane is already going 120km/h, they are already breaking the law and is considered speeding. they are over the limit quite a bit, but not enough for it to be considered "excessive".

so if that person in the left lane changed to the middle lane, continues at 120km/h, that means everyone on the left lane is supposed to be going over 120km/h because people in the left lane are supposed to be faster than the people in the slower lanes. this is especially when you are passing on the left.

lets kick it up a notch. lets add another driver in the right lane thats already speeding and going at 120km/h. middle lane goes faster, left lane even goes faster. so in order for a person that is behind the driver in the left lane to pass, it gets pretty dangerous. so how fast do you have to be to draw the line as to when you can be in the left lane? because we all know, no one is in the left lane just to "pass".

is it solely based on traffic flow and speed limits don't even matter anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I am not saying the officer needs to go faster, I am saying the traffic in the right lanes is going the same speed, and he was block traffic behind him. The correct thing to do was for the officer to move into one of the clear right lanes so others could go past him.
the way i see it, the officer that is already speeding is keeping everyone behind him so they don't all go faster than him (which then is excessive speeding). if the officer moved over to the right and people just pass him and keep going, the officer is ALLOWING them to speed.

if the people behind him chooses not to speed, and kept at pace, then the officer isn't really hogging the lane. as illegal as it is to pass on the right, they could have also done so. which is no better than speeding anyways.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:33 PM   #9844
...in the world.

LOL okay, but then that's not really speeding. Too slow for the flow of traffic is still going too slow. Can't accuse someone of speeding if that's the case.

I'm more impressed that the guy just straight up passed the cop.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:43 PM   #9845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
LOL okay, but then that's not really speeding. Too slow for the flow of traffic is still going too slow. Can't accuse someone of speeding if that's the case.
If I can get a ticket for it, then that's speeding. Pretty bullshit that an officer not actively responding to an emergency is going almost 40km/h over the speed limit, when on any given day there are officers out there ticketing people on that same stretch for going less than 20km/h over the limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
so how fast do you have to be to draw the line as to when you can be in the left lane? because we all know, no one is in the left lane just to "pass".

is it solely based on traffic flow and speed limits don't even matter anymore?
There is not set speed at which you can just sit in the left lane. The rule has nothing to do with speeds, the rule is that if you are not passing you should not be in the left lane. At 2:00 mark, the officer has both right lanes open to him, and nobody up ahead. He is obviously not going to be passing anyone for a great deal of time, at that point he should have moved into one of the right lanes.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2014, 10:58 PM   #9846

Quote:
Otherwise it equates to people doing stupid shit like that RAV4 to get around the impedence. Was what that RAV4 did intelligent? No, of course not, but when you get frustrated sitting behind someone you do not believe is going fast enough, then it leads to some people doing stupid shit.
yea, but i can also argue that if I move over and let the asshat pass, he picks up speed and rips it down the road, ends up doing stupid shit anyway, loses control of his vehicle and some people die because of him.

maybe if he just didnt drive like an asshat, no stupid shit needs to happen?
Old 07-29-2014, 11:03 PM   #9847

Quote:
yea, but i can also argue that if I move over and let the asshat pass, he picks up speed and rips it down the road, ends up doing stupid shit anyway, loses control of his vehicle and some people die because of him.

maybe if he just didnt drive like an asshat, no stupid shit needs to happen?
That isn't how the law sees it. The law is very clear, if you are not passing you need to get the fuck out of the left lane.

It may be slightly different given this is a PO, but for any regular civilian vehicle you are not on the road to enforce the laws on other drivers, that is a job for the police. So you should abide by the laws yourself and get out of the fast lane if you are impeding traffic flow.

Now given the vehicle in the video is a PO, you might be able to say "well he was trying to keep everyone driving at a reasonable speed". Well then that's great, and I commend the police for finally taking a different direction rather than just blindly ticketing everyone who goes over the frankly ridiculous speed limits.

But then my argument switches from giving the Police officer grief to slamming the government regarding our stupid speed limits.

So pick one? Is it the speed limit bullshit? or is this cop a fucking idiot for going 40km/h over the limit?

Old 07-29-2014, 11:24 PM   #9848

the police can never win.

if he goes speed limit - "he's going too slow" (by your standards)
if he goes above speed limit - "he's speeding!"
if he tries to manage traffic speed - "he's hogging the left lane!"
if he tickets the RAV4 - "why didnt he ticket anyone else speeding??"
if he doesn't ticket the RAV4 - "why didnt he ticket the guy speeding excessively??"

edit: you should post the video in the police forum, i am very curious what they have to say about this and what the officer should have done

Last edited by bobbinka; 07-29-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:34 PM   #9849

Quote:
the police can never win.
Wrong answer. He could have won:

Quote:
if he goes speed limit - "he's going too slow"
I would never complain about an officer if he was going the speed limit.

PO's don't set speed limits, the government does, I would be complaining about the government at that point and their retarded speed limits, as I have previously countless times on here.

Remember I never fault PO's for doing their job, everyone knows the speed limit, regardless of my opinion on it, you cannot complain about getting a ticket when you knowingly broke the law.

I do however actively lobby the government to revise speed limits so they adequately reflect the speeds appropriate for the roads in BC.

----

I can however complain about an officer going 40km/h over the speed limit when I see officers handing out tickets to other drivers doing far less then that

----

EDIT:

Quote:
edit: you should post the video in the police forum, i am very curious what they have to say about this and what the officer should have done
Feel free to post a copy there, if I am honest, the thread is just going to get filled with arguments with spidey and zulu regarding their defense of the actions of this PO. Police can never do any wrong from what I have seen them say.

I respect their opinions greatly, and I am happy they are on the boards to help in legal matters, but they are PO's (or were atleast), and much like I would defend any brother of mine, they defend the actions of every police officer. Even when the actions cannot be defended.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:03 AM   #9850

Quote:
Wrong answer. He could have won:

I would never complain about an officer if he was going the speed limit.
he still can't win because, if traffic starts to back up, someone else will just say "he should have managed traffic speed", which brings us back to "he's hogging the left lane!"

------------------------------------------

Someone correct me on this if I am wrong... CVSE's primary role is with commercial vehicles (inspection, safety standards). While they have the authority to give out speeding tickets to non commercial vehicles, it is not what they do. Same with Transit police, they have the power to do it, but it is not their primary role.

Having said that, I still do not encourage anyone to speed by one