REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 07-30-2014, 12:14 AM   #9851
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,776 Times in 2,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
he still can't win because, if traffic starts to back up, someone else will just say "he should have managed traffic speed", which brings us back to "he's hogging the left lane!"
Maybe they would, like I said, I wouldn't ever say that. PO's are supposed to uphold the laws set by the government. This mandate starts with abiding by them themselves. That's my belief.

Quote:
Someone correct me on this if I am wrong... CVSE's primary role is with commercial vehicles (inspection, safety standards). While they have the authority to give out speeding tickets to non commercial vehicles, it is not what they do. Same with Transit police, they have the power to do it, but it is not their primary role.

Having said that, I still do not encourage anyone to speed by one
You are absolutely correct, yeah, I certainly don't make an effort to go speeding past any law enforcement regardless of what their doing, but the driver in this case pushed it farther than maybe necessary.
Advertisement

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
Old 07-30-2014, 12:23 AM   #9852
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,486 Times in 408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
That isn't how the law sees it. The law is very clear, if you are not passing you need to get the fuck out of the left lane.

It may be slightly different given this is a PO, but for any regular civilian vehicle you are not on the road to enforce the laws on other drivers, that is a job for the police. So you should abide by the laws yourself and get out of the fast lane if you are impeding traffic flow.

Now given the vehicle in the video is a PO, you might be able to say "well he was trying to keep everyone driving at a reasonable speed". Well then that's great, and I commend the police for finally taking a different direction rather than just blindly ticketing everyone who goes over the frankly ridiculous speed limits.

But then my argument switches from giving the Police officer grief to slamming the government regarding our stupid speed limits.

So pick one? Is it the speed limit bullshit? or is this cop a fucking idiot for going 40km/h over the limit?
i think that in itself is quite funny. lets use 90km/h zone as an example.

if you abide by the law, you go the speed limit. so you are technically going faster than the traffic on the right. left lane goes 90km/h where as people on the other 2 right lanes are going less than 90km/h.

yet if you go 90km/h and impede traffic because people are behind you, you are suppose to change to the middle/right lane. so to not impede traffic, you either a) go faster than 90km/h and sustain the speed and break the law or b) change to middle/right lane and go 90km/h where people on the left lane go faster than 90km/h. then you may or may not impede traffic in your current lane. because you are going 90km/h now in the middle lane, you might impede traffic again just because you are abiding to the speed limit (law).

i think the problem here lies in people just simply not using the left lane to pass but to use it as an actual lane and stay there regardless if they are at speed limit or past speed limit. there will always be someone behind you that wants to go faster and it changes the dynamic of the situation. you can say that the set the speed "higher" and anyone slower than them, is simply impeding traffic.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:33 AM   #9853

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
i think that in itself is quite funny. lets use 90km/h zone as an example.

if you abide by the law, you go the speed limit. so you are technically going faster than the traffic on the right. left lane goes 90km/h where as people on the other 2 right lanes are going less than 90km/h.

yet if you go 90km/h and impede traffic because people are behind you, you are suppose to change to the middle/right lane. so to not impede traffic, you either a) go faster than 90km/h and sustain the speed and break the law or b) change to middle/right lane and go 90km/h where people on the left lane go faster than 90km/h. then you may or may not impede traffic in your current lane. because you are going 90km/h now in the middle lane, you might impede traffic again just because you are abiding to the speed limit (law).

i think the problem here lies in people just simply not using the left lane to pass but to use it as an actual lane and stay there regardless if they are at speed limit or past speed limit. there will always be someone behind you that wants to go faster and it changes the dynamic of the situation. you can say that the set the speed "higher" and anyone slower than them, is simply impeding traffic.
I'm a little confused by the last paragraph, but in the video you will notice it the PO's vehicle is going a VERY similar speed to the vehicles in the right lane, maybe every so slightly faster. So he could easily pull into the right lane and only pull into the left lane in the rare instance he catches up to someone in his lane.

Also you will note that absolutely NOBODY in that entire video was doing 90km/h. Even in the zone where the speed limit was 80km/h everyone was going 100+. Even the Yaris I was following in the very right hand lane was going 110km/h.

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
This is the specific part of your post that gives me trouble. Lets ignore hypothetical situations you and others are creating and focus on the video I posted. In that video if anyone was going the speed limit, 80km/h then changing to 90km/h, they should have been in the far right lane the entire time, because they would have been the slowest vehicle on that road for MILES in either direction. NOBODY goes the speed limit in that area.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:46 AM   #9854

you are correct. everyone going 80km/h should have been on the far right lane the entire time.

but i'm talking about more specifically about you saying that the PO (in this situation) or a civilian in the left lane being a left lane hog. general rule is, if you're going faster, you stay in the left lane. anyone going slower, should stay in the right lanes. as of this moment, speed limit is irrelevant.

if people ONLY use the left lane to PASS, and then change back into the middle/right lane, then none of this will happen. no such thing as left lane hog or going "too slow" (because people will just use the left lane to pass you).

but the fact is, people use the left lane not to only pass, but also STAY in that lane and drive. as mentioned before, there is always someone behind you that wants to go faster, hence creating the left lane hogger.

now throw the speed limit into all that. now abiding by the law is harder. you are either speeding and/or impeding traffic.

i don't know if that makes it any clearer, but i feel someone is going to post "shut up and continue posting shitty drivers" soon
Old 07-30-2014, 01:14 AM   #9855
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,953 Times in 876 Posts
Quote:
Apparently this concept is so fucking difficult to understand that even PO's are finding it difficult to master:

Speeding Police Officer is a Left Lane Hog - YouTube
I dunno, your video shows the left lane is already moving faster than the middle/right. So it's not like the guy (cop or not) was impeding traffic. He may have been impeding some impatient asshat like the Rav4, but if the speed was already in the 120km/h area, then there really is no reason for him to move over.

Road looks pretty clear, so if you need to haul ass, just drive around him. If it's rush hour traffic, you're gonna be stuck anyway. I really don't see the problem here.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2014, 01:56 AM   #9856
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 7,183 Times in 1,914 Posts
Speed limit aside, the truck shouldn't be sitting in the left lane. It doesn't matter if he's going with the flow of traffic or if he's speeding, he should have moved over into the middle lane and let other drivers pass. I don't understand why this concept is so hard for some lower Mainland drivers to figure out and why some drivers take upon themselves to be traffic cops.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2014, 08:10 AM   #9857

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
I dunno, your video shows the left lane is already moving faster than the middle/right. So it's not like the guy (cop or not) was impeding traffic. He may have been impeding some impatient asshat like the Rav4, but if the speed was already in the 120km/h area, then there really is no reason for him to move over.

Road looks pretty clear, so if you need to haul ass, just drive around him. If it's rush hour traffic, you're gonna be stuck anyway. I really don't see the problem here.
NO! That's not the point of "KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS".

Basically this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by riff raff View Post
Speed limit aside, the truck shouldn't be sitting in the left lane. It doesn't matter if he's going with the flow of traffic or if he's speeding, he should have moved over into the middle lane and let other drivers pass. I don't understand why this concept is so hard for some lower Mainland drivers to figure out and why some drivers take upon themselves to be traffic cops.
I'm tired of this debate, because it isn't even a debate. Unless the officer was trying to hold back speeders, or prove a point of some sort, the PO should have moved over, PERIOD.

If we can move on from the fact that I called the PO a left lane hog. Do you guys think its okay for an Officer who is sworn to uphold the laws and enforce them on others to be excessively speeding for a large portion of that video?

EDIT:

I love how in my initial post I quoted no less than three people who said the law verbatim "Keep Left except to pass", and now after I post a video showing a PO just driving in the left lane for endless km's, much of which when he was only going moderately faster than the vehicle beside him, or when there was two empty lanes beside him. Now everybody thinks it's okay.

Last edited by meme405; 07-30-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #9858
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Some of you guys have a hard time understanding speeding and left lane hogging is two separate thing. They may happen together, but that's not the point. What's being discussed here isn't speeding, it's the fact that people stay in the "PASSING" lane for way too long.

What's so hard about this concept? Don't bring in hypothetical situations about "oh but it's safer if the PO stays in left lane cuz that can prevent idiots from speeding" that's non sense, you are simply trying to find reasons to back up the fact that left lang hogging is ok, while ignoring all the dangerous consequences of doing so.

/end of discussion. I don't see how this can go on for so long.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2014, 11:19 AM   #9859

Quote:
he still can't win because, if traffic starts to back up, someone else will just say "he should have managed traffic speed", which brings us back to "he's hogging the left lane!"
Actually I'd like to come back to this statement for a moment. I thought about this for a bit, as well as your statement regarding "Police can never win".

If a PO can never win while driving, how is anyone else supposed to as well?

The same situation you described, could apply to all drivers just the same.

If I drive the speed limit in the area where that video took place, I will have cars flying past me going 20-40km/h faster than me, and I will be a severe impedance even in the right most lane. Statistically I am at much higher risk to have an incident since I am causing so much hassle and travelling at such a speed differential compared to the other vehicles I share the road with.

Now on the flip side, if I drive a relatively similar speed to everyone on the highway I will be going 20-40km/h over the speed limit, and I will be breaking the law and open myself to the possibility of receiving a speeding ticket.

So how does that seem fair for any driver out there?

The bottom line here is this. I don't care that the PO was speeding, as much as I care about what him speeding represents, and what it represents is exactly this:

The speed limit along highway 1 through the tunnel, along the burnaby lake stretch and over the Port Mann bridge, is COMPLETE AND UTTER HORSE SHIT. On a fair weather day, during an off peak hour, I challenge anyone to try and justify that 110km/h is an unsafe speed to travel in anything besides maybe a Ford Pinto.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:48 PM   #9860
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,167 Times in 1,971 Posts
Quote:
NO! That's not the point of "KEEP LEFT EXCEPT TO PASS".

Basically this:

I'm tired of this debate, because it isn't even a debate. Unless the officer was trying to hold back speeders, or prove a point of some sort, the PO should have moved over, PERIOD.

If we can move on from the fact that I called the PO a left lane hog. Do you guys think its okay for an Officer who is sworn to uphold the laws and enforce them on others to be excessively speeding for a large portion of that video?

EDIT:

I love how in my initial post I quoted no less than three people who said the law verbatim "Keep Left except to pass", and now after I post a video showing a PO just driving in the left lane for endless km's, much of which when he was only going moderately faster than the vehicle beside him, or when there was two empty lanes beside him. Now everybody thinks it's okay.
Keep left except to pass? In that case, he was doing exactly what he's supposed to do.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:01 PM   #9861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Keep left except to pass? In that case, he was doing exactly what he's supposed to do.

"Got me confused for a minute, forgot which team I was rooting for and shit."

-Dave Chappelle

Last edited by meme405; 07-30-2014 at 05:25 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #9862
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 2,690 Times in 621 Posts
Buddy of mine sent this to me

Spotted in Richmond today

Can't embed, link to video

http://vid79.photobucket.com/albums/...087E6E808C.mp4
Old 07-30-2014, 09:48 PM   #9863
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I was wondering what was happening and then just burst out laughing.

Just...what in the actual fuck, Richmond?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2014, 09:54 PM   #9864
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,311 Times in 672 Posts
skills

Female cyclist struck and killed in Richmond | CTV Vancouver News

anyone know why there's yellow paint on the door panels?

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[26-06, 19:29] Mr.Stubbz too big for meeeee

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you
Old 07-30-2014, 09:57 PM   #9865
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,953 Times in 876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post

Hahaha
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #9866
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 2,690 Times in 621 Posts
Quote:

As you're walking through the grass

"A Wild Malibu Appears!"
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 01:09 AM   #9867
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,079 Times in 477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
skills

Female cyclist struck and killed in Richmond | CTV Vancouver News

anyone know why there's yellow paint on the door panels?
a drink maybe?

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Old 07-31-2014, 03:40 AM   #9868
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreason View Post
This guy is on a roll, appearing in both hall of shame and shitty drivers thread. I wonder if he realizes he's getting all the unwanted attention and that's why he's trying to sell his car now.
Google'd his ph# 778.322.5040

Anyone looking to buy a house?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2014, 12:35 PM   #9869
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

One man killed, one detained in Vancouver collision | CTV Vancouver News
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2014, 01:22 PM   #9870
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Del sol driver.....rest in peace
Old 07-31-2014, 02:00 PM   #9871
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_chain619 View Post
is this a trend now?

This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #9872
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I think you were just jelly you had no chance of keeping up with him..lol
Old 08-01-2014, 02:30 AM   #9873

motorcyclist is an idiot.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #9874
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,910 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:

video no work, mind uploading again please?

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
Old 08-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #9875
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I saw this on my friends facebook's video!

At Yohan.

LOL!

This may of been a repost but the video link a few posts up is dead. This is just a screenshot.

UPDATE: Managed to find the facebook link. It's public so anyone can see it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154466199215424

Note: If using mobile, make it use desktop link.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bad Driver.jpg (76.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Sango; 08-02-2014 at 09:41 AM.