REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 08-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #9901
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,486 Times in 408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Look. We all do things that aren't okay. I know what speed I can do for the conditions safely. I've been driving for 14 years and none of them were at the speed limit. I've never been in an accident where I was at fault and the ones I was in were rear enders at stops.

Its rather universally accepted that speed limits everywhere are low and just there to fund the police department. I'm not here to tell you speeding but I'm not exactly out there street racing. If 20kmh more is wrong, I choose to be wrong and home now rather than right and still somewhere outside Bellingham, which is probably where the line is.
sorry to say, but that is the exact type of mentality that people have that probably causes accidents.

just because you've been driving 14 years and you weren't in any accident at fault, doesn't make it ok to speed at all. all you need is one accident and god knows what kind of consequences that may entail. best case scenario, you are the only one hurt. worst case scenario, who knows who else gets hurt and how many more traumatized. and in your terms, how many people you stall from getting home just because you want to get home faster.

yes, we all think the speed limit is low, but its there for a reason. to be safe.

and just for the record, 70mi/h is roughly 110km/h. i can't recall if majority of the stretch from bellingham back up the border is 70mi/h or 65mi/h speed limit.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2014, 09:29 PM   #9902
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 16,655 Times in 3,588 Posts
As Ronin said, I'm merely stating the guys mindset behind it. I'd be lying if I said I've never been going too fast and wondered why the fuck someone wasn't moving over, although, that doesn't mean it wasn't wrong of me to go that speed. I'm just adding in an objective POV about the situation. It really isn't all that important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
^ doesn't matter if he want to do 50km/h over the speed limit or 200km/h over the speed limit its his choice he's putting his own life at risk and he gets caught he will face the consequences. Left lane hoggers should just move over to the right and not aggravate the people that want to pass. In my opinion its way more dangerous to aggravate drivers than to simply let them pass...

Wow i think thats the first time i ever disagreed with Westopher lol
If you are speeding excessively on the road I'm on, you are putting my life at risk as much as your own and if you hit me, then I suffer the consequences of your actions as well. Agreed aggravating the situation only makes things worse however.
Westopher is correct.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #9903
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,282 Times in 1,193 Posts
It's not the Prius driver's job (or right) to obstruct traffic.

Quote:
http://blog.caranddriver.com/all-oth...ane-squatters/

So we’ve all seen that guy: the one who plants his car in the far left lane of the highway and then pokes along at or below the speed limit, and then flips his hand (or finger) at you when you have the gall to flash your lights to pass. Speed-limit aficionados—which probably describes exactly no one reading this magazine—should take heed; such tactics could land you a ticket in the beautiful state of Washington.

According to a report on Seattle’s KCPQ Fox 13 News, state troopers are cracking down on so-called “left-lane squatters” through the enforcement of a state law that requires drivers to stay to the right except to pass. Drivers may get a verbal warning or an actual citation as troopers endeavor to “change driver behavior, whichever way we can,” said one officer in the report. As another said, “I think that’s the number one issue that we have . . . people just sitting in that left lane.” He goes on to suggest that which we all know is true, namely that left-lane squatters contribute to anger and in some cases, all-out road rage, as faster drivers follow close behind the squatter, or tear off at unsafe speeds around the driver when they finally get the chance. As the saying goes: Hell hath no fury like a driver stuck behind a Toyota Prius.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #9904
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 7,080 Times in 1,911 Posts
Most of the left lane hogs on i5 have bc plates. I was down there on Saturday and drivers from WA usually let you pass, it's BC drivers who think they own the lane.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #9905
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,959 Times in 443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
sorry to say, but that is the exact type of mentality that people have that probably causes accidents.

just because you've been driving 14 years and you weren't in any accident at fault, doesn't make it ok to speed at all. all you need is one accident and god knows what kind of consequences that may entail. best case scenario, you are the only one hurt. worst case scenario, who knows who else gets hurt and how many more traumatized. and in your terms, how many people you stall from getting home just because you want to get home faster.

yes, we all think the speed limit is low, but its there for a reason. to be safe.

and just for the record, 70mi/h is roughly 110km/h. i can't recall if majority of the stretch from bellingham back up the border is 70mi/h or 65mi/h speed limit.
what about cyclists that take up the whole lane and can't keep up with the posted speed limits
Old 08-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #9906

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
As Ronin said, I'm merely stating the guys mindset behind it. I'd be lying if I said I've never been going too fast and wondered why the fuck someone wasn't moving over, although, that doesn't mean it wasn't wrong of me to go that speed. I'm just adding in an objective POV about the situation. It really isn't all that important.
i totally understand that you were just giving a POV of that situation.

i was more emphasizing the fact that Ronin was going 20km/h faster than others and pretty much excessive speeding.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #9907
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I don't know if this person is lazy or has no spatial awareness.

They must be thinking, "60% is a passing grade (in the states), good enough for me =D"

If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter side down, what would happen if you strapped burnt toast to the back of a cat and dropped it?
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #9908
Banned (ABWS)

No words.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #9909
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
i totally understand that you were just giving a POV of that situation.

i was more emphasizing the fact that Ronin was going 20km/h faster than others and pretty much excessive speeding.
SO!?

It's none of your business. As said earlier, it is his personal choice if he wants to break the speed limit. Your only job as a driver is to DRIVE, and try to not be a dickhead to other drivers on the road.

Not moving over and hogging the left lane constitutes BEING A DICKHEAD.

It is against the law in Washington, and is actively being re-iterated and enforced by their media and police.

I went down last saturday, and god damn I wish I saved the footage, I passed a slow BC vehicle (coincidentally a silver toyota corolla), I passed him in the right lane as he was hogging the left lane, I went past him at around 130km/h.

This happened just as we tipped down the hill going into BHam. There was a cop right there. You know who got pulled over?

That's right! The stupid idiot in the corolla going the speed limit in the left lane got pulled over, while me going a full 20km/h over the limit just cruised right along in the right lane.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #9910
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I went down last saturday, and god damn I wish I saved the footage, I passed a slow BC vehicle (coincidentally a silver toyota corolla), I passed him in the right lane as he was hogging the left lane, I went past him at around 130km/h.

This happened just as we tipped down the hill going into BHam. There was a cop right there. You know who got pulled over?

That's right! The stupid idiot in the corolla going the speed limit in the left lane got pulled over, while me going a full 20km/h over the limit just cruised right along in the right lane.
If I saw a cop do that, I'd pull over and give him (or her) a hug.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #9911
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 7,080 Times in 1,911 Posts
Meme is spot on and I've been posting the same rant for years on this forum about drivers in BC who take it upon themselves to police our highways. It's not your duty to slow other drivers down or to go in the left lane and hog it. And it's not your job to make a point by letting drivers pass and then proceeding to tailgate them because your butt hurt you had to let someone pass.

I'm seriously sick and tired of these fucktard drivers, you see these same drivers acting like dicks down in WA state and good on the WA cops to pull these idiots over and ticket them. Only if our local police had the balls to start ticketing left lane hogs, maybe then the word would get out to stay the fuck out of the left lane.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #9912

Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by riff raff View Post
Only if our local police had the balls to start ticketing left lane hogs, maybe then the word would get out to stay the fuck out of the left lane.
Lol our government and police are too busy taking the opposite approach trying to implement garbage like this:

"Pace Car" program coming to the Lower Mainland

What a fucking farce.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
Old 08-05-2014, 09:24 PM   #9913
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,959 Times in 443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Tank View Post
@ Mcgill Offramp

@2:35 mark
Old 08-05-2014, 10:09 PM   #9914
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,330 Times in 555 Posts
to the matte teal 350z
i know you just got off work because i work in the same mall and always see your car, but dude chill it
no need to go wot every chance you get especially in the parking lot
Old 08-05-2014, 10:32 PM   #9915

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
SO!?

It's none of your business. As said earlier, it is his personal choice if he wants to break the speed limit. Your only job as a driver is to DRIVE, and try to not be a dickhead to other drivers on the road.

Not moving over and hogging the left lane constitutes BEING A DICKHEAD.
Are you for real? Its his personal choice to speed and yet its others that pay tremendously for speeding accidents. Lost ones, trauma, and the list goes on.

So if someone hit someone you loved and they chose to speed, thats ok in your books? Because it was their choice to speed and others pay for it?

That is not fucking ok in my fucking books.

I never once said hogging the left lane was ever ok, in fact, if you go back some pages, I even said its even people that takes the left lane to DRIVE and STAY in and not to pass, is what causes these problems.

Its the speeding part that Ronin was doing and said he was ok with is what I am NOT ok with.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #9916
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 571 Posts
To the dude in the champagne minivan doing 90 through a 110 area of Hwy 1... wtf man?! At least he wasn't in the left lane, but seriously... 20 under the speed limit and I'm stuck behind you because the left lane is full going around your slow ass. THE TRUCK DRIVER PASSED YOU FOR PETE'S SAKE. And then proceeded to cut him off... I'm not sure if that's funny or annoying since that slowed him down even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 08-06-2014, 12:14 AM   #9917
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

I apologize for the foggy lens of my blackvue, gotta clean it up.

But this guy on a gixxer really pissed me off today, probably more so cuz I ride myself.

Northbound on Elliot towards 49th. He squeezes by between my van and parked cars, then proceeds to cut to the front of the line of cars. I would have gave him an earful but I had my kid in the vehicle.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2014, 12:22 AM   #9918
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

You still said 'fuck' with your kid in the vehicle
Might as well have given him the earful anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira112 View Post
I apologize for the foggy lens of my blackvue, gotta clean it up.

But this guy on a gixxer really pissed me off today, probably more so cuz I ride myself.

Northbound on Elliot towards 49th. He squeezes by between my van and parked cars, then proceeds to cut to the front of the line of cars. I would have gave him an earful but I had my kid in the vehicle.

YouTube
16' White/Black "Panda' Ford Mustang Ecoboost - Current
Old 08-06-2014, 01:57 AM   #9919
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Chow View Post
You still said 'fuck' with your kid in the vehicle
Might as well have given him the earful anyways
Haha, yes I did.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:23 AM   #9920
MOD

Thanked 6,653 Times in 1,719 Posts
damn gixxers

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2014, 02:35 AM   #9921
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
They're just fucking words. Used properly, they're often the best fucking ones.

Spoiler!
Old 08-06-2014, 03:15 AM   #9922

Thanked 5,296 Times in 2,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C View Post
to the matte teal 350z
i know you just got off work because i work in the same mall and always see your car, but dude chill it
no need to go wot every chance you get especially in the parking lot
u wot m8
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2014, 05:40 AM   #9923

Thanked 1,820 Times in 607 Posts
I think the wording of the signs is what trips people out.

BC - "Slower traffic keep right"

Washington - "Keep right unless passing"

The word "slower" is open to interpretation. Is the "limit" slower? It seems like it because out of 10 cars on a BC highway, 2 is actually going the limit.

If you want BC drivers to stop hogging the left lane in Washington, perhaps it is time we change that little metal sign that lets drivers decide what the word slower means.

The reason they sit in the left is because they think they are going "fast" enough, oblivious to the fact that no matter how fast they're going, someone will always drive faster.

Not defending speeding and/or left lane hogging. There are a lot of idiots out there and I just think signage shouldn't leave room for interpretation.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2014, 07:27 AM   #9924

Thanked 5,296 Times in 2,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
If you want BC drivers to stop hogging the left lane in Washington
Its not just happening on the Washington highways...

...it's happening IN BC ALTOGETHER

But your post is spot on
Old 08-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #9925

Thanked 1,820 Times in 607 Posts
We need new signs lol