REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 08-12-2014, 09:51 PM   #10051
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,959 Times in 443 Posts
don't red lights mean you are suppose to stop and not run it? don't solid white line mean no lane changing? etc etc etc

clearly a lot of drivers don't give a fuck.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2014, 10:04 PM   #10052
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Sorry. No I do sometimes play my music a bit loud, but I don't think I was in those clips, the mic on the blackvue just sits above my center speaker, so it picks up everything...
My dashcam is the same. Even listening at low volume sometimes it sounds really distorted, I hate it.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2014, 10:05 PM   #10053
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,251 Times in 456 Posts
Quote:
Sorry. No I do sometimes play my music a bit loud, but I don't think I was in those clips, the mic on the blackvue just sits above my center speaker, so it picks up everything...

Spoiler!
I too like everything, except heavy metal.

If you like Kiesza - Hideaway, you should check out some other Deep House songs.

'03 Toyota Corolla CE 'Ace of Base' [2011 - 15th May 2016,
29th November 2016 - Spring 2017]
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #10054
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
I too like everything, except heavy metal.

If you like Kiesza - Hideaway, you should check out some other Deep House songs.
Yeah there are a few house songs, and trance and stuff that I like, but its a little too hardcore for me. Same goes for EDM.

Heavy metal is a little too much for me as well, but it's important you define HOW heavy is too heavy.

For example early Metallica? I personally love Metallica. Guns and roses? A favorite of mine. Pink floyd, another classic.

Somebody described my music taste best a while ago, they told me it almost seems like I just like whatever sounds good. Regardless of Genre, perception, or any criteria.

And its pretty much bang on, whatever sounds good to my ears I am bound to like. Doesn't matter if it's britney spears, or if its Ace hood.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #10055
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

this motherfucker...

he then honks back at me for honking at him LOl

This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2014, 12:32 AM   #10056
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,078 Times in 476 Posts
Quote:
Somebody described my music taste best a while ago, they told me it almost seems like I just like whatever sounds good. Regardless of Genre, perception, or any criteria.

And its pretty much bang on, whatever sounds good to my ears I am bound to like. Doesn't matter if it's britney spears, or if its Ace hood.
that's pretty much how i look at it

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Old 08-13-2014, 12:32 AM   #10057
I subscribe to Revscene

Did someone say they like Kiesza - Hideaway?

Old 08-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #10058
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post
Did someone say they like Kiesza - Hideaway?

Bad Driver in Vancouver - YouTube
I have a quick question, with regards to a hypothetical situation where I am looking to make a left turn at the intersection when the light is about to turn from yellow to red and on the incoming lane someone is trying to make a right turn who should be given the right of way? (assuming no left-turn signal lights at the intersection, and we both want to turn at the same time)

Last edited by PandaDog; 08-13-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #10059

if there is two lanes, the person turning left stays in their lane, and the person turning right stays in their lane there is no problem.. but seeing how where we live. that is the problem.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2014, 05:09 PM   #10060

I've had some close calls taking left turns when the other person wanting to make the right turn at the same. It feels sketchy knowing that some people make their right turns way too wide and/or want to turn into my lane I'm already turning into
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2014, 05:11 PM   #10061
I subscribe to Revscene

Technically the car turning left is already in the intersection on yellow and the car turning right must "stop" and yield on yellow as he is not in the intersection. Hard for a right turner to say that he was traveling too fast to stop in time... but slow enough to make a safe right turn.

But ICBC will say it's both at fault if there's an accident +1 for dashcams again.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2014, 06:33 PM   #10062
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,273 Times in 905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZed View Post
I have a quick question, with regards to a hypothetical situation where I am looking to make a left turn at the intersection when the light is about to turn from yellow to red and on the incoming lane someone is trying to make a right turn who should be given the right of way? (assuming no left-turn signal lights at the intersection, and we both want to turn at the same time)
THIS answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9 View Post
if there is two lanes, the person turning left stays in their lane, and the person turning right stays in their lane there is no problem.. but seeing how where we live. that is the problem.
The correct way of making turns is if there is 2 or more lanes, you MUST turn to the lane closest to you, NOT the furthest away... I still dont understand WHY like 90% of the people on the road do this.. THIS is part of your knowledge AND driving test... IF in case of accident and no witness, it will be 50-50 by ICBC (so ICBC doesnt have to pay a dime)... All I can say is, INVEST in a dashcam or get a WITNESS on the scene ASAP, dont stand around talking to the person...
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #10063
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,425 Times in 846 Posts
Vancouver.... Where the first day it starts to rain this happens

Hope the Volvo safety lived up to its expectations
Old 08-13-2014, 07:10 PM   #10064

Thank you to those that answered my question

Driving with a dashcam is almost as essential as putting on my seatbelt... not driving without either one
Old 08-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #10065
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
[quo,

Last edited by Spidey; 08-13-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #10066
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,074 Times in 592 Posts
^cops CAN issue a driver a ticket for not turning into the closest lane. years ago my mom was nailed for making a left turn into the middle lane of a 3 lane road, i forgot exactly what the VT was since it was 10+ years ago

n i see uve edited ur post before i can post a reply lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:49 PM   #10067
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 571 Posts
I think it's unsafe lane change or something isn't it? What did Spidey's post say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #10068
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,074 Times in 592 Posts
he said theres no ticket a cop can issue to a driver for not turning into the closest lane
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #10069
RS Veteran

I edited it because I was half wrong.. As a person turning right you must stay as close to the curb as possible.. but as a left turner there is nothing in the MVA that says you must stay in the lane closest to the right of the middle/centre line. Here is the section under the MVA.

Turning at intersections
165 (1) If the driver of a vehicle intends to turn it to the right at an intersection, the driver must cause it to approach the intersection and then make the turn as close as practicable to the right hand curb or edge of the roadway.

(2) When the driver of a vehicle intends to turn it to the left at an intersection where traffic is permitted to move in both directions on each highway entering the intersection, the driver must
(a) cause the vehicle to approach the intersection in the portion of the right side of the roadway that is nearest the marked centre line, or if there is no marked centre line, then as far as practicable in the portion of the right half of the roadway that is nearest the centre line,
(b) keep the vehicle to the right of the marked centre line or centre line of the roadway, as the case may be, at the place the highway enters the intersection,
(c) after entering the intersection, turn the vehicle to the left so that it leaves the intersection to the right of the marked centre line of the roadway being entered, or if there is no marked centre line then to the right of the centre line of the roadway being entered, and,
(d) when practicable, turn the vehicle in the portion of the intersection to the left of the centre of the intersection.
(3) When the driver of a vehicle intends to turn the vehicle left at an intersection where traffic is restricted to one direction on one or more of the highways, the driver must cause the vehicle to approach the intersection in the extreme left hand lane available to traffic moving in the direction of travel of the vehicle, and after entering the intersection turn the vehicle to the left so as to leave the intersection as nearly as practicable in the left hand lane available to traffic moving in the direction of travel of the vehicle on the highway being entered.
(4) If at an intersection there is a traffic control device indicating the course to be travelled by vehicles turning at the intersection, a driver must turn a vehicle at the intersection in the manner directed by the traffic control device.
(5) A person must not turn a vehicle at an intersection unless it is in the position on the highway required by this section.

You may have to read it a few times to get it as the wording is not the easiest to understand. Just because your mom got at ticket for it, doesn't mean she was rightfully ticketed (sorry to say). I have issued tickets in the past where I read the section more thoroughly before court, and realized it did not apply to what I thought was an offence. I subsequently withdrew charges.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #10070
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
I think it's unsafe lane change or something isn't it? What did Spidey's post say?
You can charge for unsafe lane change if you can prove the lane change was indeed unsafe... for a person turning left and ends up going into the right or middle lane, with no other vehicles, it would have to prove it was unsafe.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #10071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
You can charge for unsafe lane change if you can prove the lane change was indeed unsafe... for a person turning left and ends up going into the right or middle lane, with no other vehicles, it would have to prove it was unsafe.
Wait so you're saying that if you're turning left, you can turn into any lane you want? Or does it specifically have to be when no other cars are around? That makes no sense to me.

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 08-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #10072
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
Vancouver.... Where the first day it starts to rain this happens

Hope the Volvo safety lived up to its expectations
Today was a gong show. I only made it 5 minutes from my place before I was rear ended by some dimwit.

That guy should be thankful I wasn't in the FX, otherwise there wouldn't be a rock big enough for his ass to hide under. It's like he didn't even hit the goddamn brakes, I came to a complete stop and he just trucked right into the back of me.

Both air bags in his car deployed, entire front end crushed. My car ain't looking too fantastic either. I think it might be a write off. Unfortunately 2007 Camry's aren't worth very much anymore.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
Old 08-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #10073
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,383 Times in 256 Posts
This accident today really messed up my afternoon run schedule

Looks like a pickup truck merging onto Mitchell road cut the dump truck off causing the dump truck to slam into the pickup and spinning it around and sending the dump truck into the fence

My Feedback
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #10074
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
Wait so you're saying that if you're turning left, you can turn into any lane you want? Or does it specifically have to be when no other cars are around? That makes no sense to me.
There is nothing under the MVA that states you cannot turn left into any of the available lanes going in the same direction. However, you do that at your own risk, as you better be sure it is safe to do so.

The unsafe lane change charge is vague, and can be used for the above incident if it causes or nearly causes a collision. If there are cars around, then one can argue that it is unsafe to do something like that.... Hope that makes more sense.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2014, 11:09 PM   #10075

Yes that makes a lot more sense lol. Sorry, but thank you for clarifying for me. I appreciate it

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
This post thanked by: