REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 08-13-2014, 11:02 PM   #10076
I subscribe to Revscene

I'm contemplating if I should send the clip to Student Works Painting.

Advertisement

Last edited by rageguy; 08-13-2014 at 11:33 PM.
rageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:07 PM   #10077
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,294 Times in 919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
I edited it because I was half wrong.. As a person turning right you must stay as close to the curb as possible.. but as a left turner there is nothing in the MVA that says you must stay in the lane closest to the right of the middle/centre line. Here is the section under the MVA.

Turning at intersections
165 (1) If the driver of a vehicle intends to turn it to the right at an intersection, the driver must cause it to approach the intersection and then make the turn as close as practicable to the right hand curb or edge of the roadway.

(2) When the driver of a vehicle intends to turn it to the left at an intersection where traffic is permitted to move in both directions on each highway entering the intersection, the driver must
(a) cause the vehicle to approach the intersection in the portion of the right side of the roadway that is nearest the marked centre line, or if there is no marked centre line, then as far as practicable in the portion of the right half of the roadway that is nearest the centre line,
(b) keep the vehicle to the right of the marked centre line or centre line of the roadway, as the case may be, at the place the highway enters the intersection,
(c) after entering the intersection, turn the vehicle to the left so that it leaves the intersection to the right of the marked centre line of the roadway being entered, or if there is no marked centre line then to the right of the centre line of the roadway being entered, and,
(d) when practicable, turn the vehicle in the portion of the intersection to the left of the centre of the intersection.
(3) When the driver of a vehicle intends to turn the vehicle left at an intersection where traffic is restricted to one direction on one or more of the highways, the driver must cause the vehicle to approach the intersection in the extreme left hand lane available to traffic moving in the direction of travel of the vehicle, and after entering the intersection turn the vehicle to the left so as to leave the intersection as nearly as practicable in the left hand lane available to traffic moving in the direction of travel of the vehicle on the highway being entered.
(4) If at an intersection there is a traffic control device indicating the course to be travelled by vehicles turning at the intersection, a driver must turn a vehicle at the intersection in the manner directed by the traffic control device.
(5) A person must not turn a vehicle at an intersection unless it is in the position on the highway required by this section.

You may have to read it a few times to get it as the wording is not the easiest to understand. Just because your mom got at ticket for it, doesn't mean she was rightfully ticketed (sorry to say). I have issued tickets in the past where I read the section more thoroughly before court, and realized it did not apply to what I thought was an offence. I subsequently withdrew charges.
MVA 165 (1) (b) says that you need be RIGHT of the center line.. thus you HAVE to turn into the lane thats closest to you, which would be RIGHT of the CENTER LINE... not right of the center LANE!
Old 08-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #10078
2 Wheelin' Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Today was a gong show. I only made it 5 minutes from my place before I was rear ended by some dimwit.

That guy should be thankful I wasn't in the FX, otherwise there wouldn't be a rock big enough for his ass to hide under. It's like he didn't even hit the goddamn brakes, I came to a complete stop and he just trucked right into the back of me.

Both air bags in his car deployed, entire front end crushed. My car ain't looking too fantastic either. I think it might be a write off. Unfortunately 2007 Camry's aren't worth very much anymore.

Sounds like a pretty bad accident, are you okay? Cars can be replaced
Jas29 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2014, 12:01 AM   #10079
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
MVA 165 (1) (b) says that you need be RIGHT of the center line.. thus you HAVE to turn into the lane thats closest to you, which would be RIGHT of the CENTER LINE... not right of the center LANE!
As Spidey said, you have to read the wording carefully.

165(2)(b) is referring the vehicle placement as you enter the intersection.
165(2)(c) after entering the intersection, turn the vehicle to the left so that it leaves the intersection to the right of the marked centre line of the roadway being entered, or if there is no marked centre line then to the right of the centre line of the roadway being entered,

As long as you don't turn into oncoming traffic, any lane you turn into is right of the center line of a 2 way street is permissible under the MVA it seems.

Funny that specified in 165(3) for left turns onto a one way street, you must to turn into the left most available lane.

I wonder why'd it'd be specified for one type of road and not the other.
Mikoyan is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2014, 12:23 AM   #10080
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,118 Times in 495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post

165(2)(c) after entering the intersection, turn the vehicle to the left so that it leaves the intersection to the right of the marked centre line of the roadway being entered, or if there is no marked centre line then to the right of the centre line of the roadway being entered,

As long as you don't turn into oncoming traffic, any lane you turn into is right of the center line of a 2 way street is permissible under the MVA it seems.

Funny that specified in 165(3) for left turns onto a one way street, you must to turn into the left most available lane.

because in the case of turning left onto a one way street it's basically the same as turning right. therefore you turn into the lane closest to the curb unless there are lines marking the correct lane to turn to. (like in the case of a double left turn lane)

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2014, 12:26 AM   #10081
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,488 Times in 867 Posts
Honestly i just the entire time
Old 08-14-2014, 01:00 AM   #10082
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,330 Times in 555 Posts
fucking genesis drivers LOL
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #10083
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:

Thanks for clarifying for me mikoyan. Another charge under the mva that could apply is change lanes without signal if the driver goes into centre or right lane without indicating they are moving into that lane from a left turn. Anyways. Back to Shitty drivers. Any further Mva talk please direct to police forum or pm me directly. Sorry for leading the thread astray.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2014, 07:06 AM   #10084
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 6,911 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas29 View Post
Sounds like a pretty bad accident, are you okay? Cars can be replaced
Played hookie for the day yesterday after the accident (cause I was livid), but other than some pain i'll be fine. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3KJP9XRtXM
I was told by someone a long time ago, that reversing at a set of lights is really a bad thing to do, like legally speaking its better to run a red then to back up at a light.

Any truth to this? I mean I know its not the safest thing to do, but compared to getting stuck in an intersection, or turning late, sometimes it seems safer to do.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #10085

Quote:

THIS why I have ICBC driving manual with the HIGHLIGHTED part with the PICTURES that show you which LANE to turn into if its 2+ lanes (in my glovve box incase I get into a car accident, I can take out and shove the book in their face if they still say Im in the wrong)... maybe you need to re-read that book
Im sure if taken to court and I show the judge this, should give me an edge of winning, saying to the judge, this is what I was taught, otherwise the whole driving system in BC will need to be re-worked..
I have yet gotten into accidents so I dont have a chance to use it (*knock on wood, hopefully I dont).. I have all the pages booked marked of all the common issues I see people do on the road.. would be very handy, should I ever need it..

Last edited by FerrariEnzo; 08-14-2014 at 08:11 AM.
FerrariEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #10086
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
THIS why I have ICBC driving manual with the HIGHLIGHTED part with the PICTURES that show you which LANE to turn into if its 2+ lanes (in my glovve box incase I get into a car accident, I can take out and shove the book in their face if they still say Im in the wrong)... maybe you need to re-read that book
Im sure if taken to court and I show the judge this, should give me an edge of winning, saying to the judge, this is what I was taught, otherwise the whole driving system in BC will need to be re-worked..
I have yet gotten into accidents so I dont have a chance to use it (*knock on wood, hopefully I dont).. I have all the pages booked marked of all the common issues I see people do on the road.. would be very handy, should I ever need it..
You have to realize there is a difference between safe driving techniques and offences under the mva. The icbc driving book is not a book educating about driving offences but information about safe driving. I don't think you will ever have to defend why you turned into your respective lane when conducting a left turn.....
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #10087
GS8
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 3,530 Times in 923 Posts
Quote:
Buys brand new Genesis

Realizes it doesn't have a red light detector
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #10088
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,464 Times in 1,967 Posts
Quote:
What the fuck were they planning on doing? It seems like they would've just sat there until the end of time...

Quote:
I was told by someone a long time ago, that reversing at a set of lights is really a bad thing to do, like legally speaking its better to run a red then to back up at a light.

Any truth to this? I mean I know its not the safest thing to do, but compared to getting stuck in an intersection, or turning late, sometimes it seems safer to do.
I think technically it's illegal because you could back over a pedestrian on the crosswalk (since they'll get a cross signal once your light goes red).

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #10089
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,118 Times in 495 Posts
Quote:
Played hookie for the day yesterday after the accident (cause I was livid), but other than some pain i'll be fine. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
What the fuck were they planning on doing? It seems like they would've just sat there until the end of time...

I think technically it's illegal because you could back over a pedestrian on the crosswalk (since they'll get a cross signal once your light goes red).
i think these would apply in that situation. quoted from ICBC's Fines and points page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBC
193 Reverse into intersection $121 2pts
193 Reverse when unsafe $109 2pts

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #10090
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
How do these stupid cunts get a DL in the first place?
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #10091
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 6,911 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
How do these stupid cunts get a DL in the first place?
Seriously though. Like wtf.

Watch this shit:

Like my light was just turning red, so that means his light was never even close to green. No other lights in the vicinity for him to mis-read, nothing. Just pure idiocy.

Half a second sooner and this guy would have hit my right in the driver door.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #10092
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
because in the case of turning left onto a one way street it's basically the same as turning right. therefore you turn into the lane closest to the curb unless there are lines marking the correct lane to turn to. (like in the case of a double left turn lane)
I guess should have made myself more clear. It just seemed odd that that the MVA would specify you need to keep right/left as much as possible for two types of turns but not the other.

Right turn on to 1/2 way street: As far right as practical
Left turn on to 1 way steet: As far left as practical
Left turn on to 2 way street: As long as you're right of the center line you're all good.

Quote:
I didn't say I agreed with it, far from it. Just pointing out the interpretation of the MVA.

Anyways.

Highway 91 at the truck pull out. Here's what happens when you stack plastic bins six feet high on a trailer and don't secure them properly. The driver only had one strap running across the top of each stack. When he pulled over to recover/re-secure the bins, the stack you see on the ground fell and almost hit the car right behind him. Driver was being lazy and stacked them in a few high stacks, rather than multiple low stacks. Guess he never heard of wind resistance. No audio.

Mikoyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #10093
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,464 Times in 1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post
I'm contemplating if I should send the clip to Student Works Painting.

Bad Driver in Vancouver 2 - YouTube
You may as well send them the link, the driver is representing them after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:59 PM   #10094
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

whoops, no idea what happened here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CLIP0017[00-57-30].jpg (46.0 KB, 0 views)
Chun~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:00 AM   #10095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chun~ View Post
whoops, no idea what happened here
looks like a car accident
Old 08-15-2014, 08:13 AM   #10096
RS controls my life!

Same thing happened to me but my light was SOLID green. Driver of a Black SUV just kept driving on without a sign of even slowing or stopping. Drove right beside her and found out that she was texting...and continued to do so...

Quote:
Seriously though. Like wtf.

Watch this shit:

Vancouver's Shitty Drivers - Ep. 6 - YouTube

Like my light was just turning red, so that means his light was never even close to green. No other lights in the vicinity for him to mis-read, nothing. Just pure idiocy.

Half a second sooner and this guy would have hit my right in the driver door.
Dangerphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:08 AM   #10097
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Richmond Elevator - Crazy lane change

matrixfwd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-15-2014, 12:17 PM   #10098
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,824 Times in 498 Posts
Monkey see, monkey do. All parked in a fire zone.

And then I noticed more bad parking everywhere as I left. People parked in non existent spots, along the stop signs, etc.
kakucaekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #10099
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I think they have a Valet there and that dude just parks them there
ackjaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #10100
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixfwd View Post
Richmond Elevator - Crazy lane change

aug 11 8 25am richmond 1 - YouTube
Perhaps you should consider moving out of the fast left lane since it seems three cars passed you in a short amount of time.

The way he/she cut you off is unacceptable response though.
Noreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: