REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #10176
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
xXSupa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,392
Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts
Oh my god you finally got a dashcam! LOL
Advertisement
__________________
oOoOooOOo what does this space do

-2011 BMW E92 335i- Current
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible- SOLD
xXSupa is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #10177
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 4,801
Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,447 Posts
I still don't really know how to use it, but yes i got one LOL.

It's just a cheap G1W. Can't figure out how to save clips. (as in i want to be able to press a button to save the last few minutes of recording, in the event of an accident etc)
__________________
2016 Subaru WRX 6MT 04/25/16

2014 Ford Mustang 06/26/13 - 04/25/16 (SOLD)

2007 Honda Civic SI 10/13/12 - 05/13/13 (SOLD)

With Function, form will follow
dared3vil0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:19 PM   #10178
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Gucci Mane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SRY
Posts: 2,519
Thanked 2,467 Times in 876 Posts
what? you just hit record when you first start driving and thats pretty much it...
Gucci Mane is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #10179
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 4,801
Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_KB View Post
what? you just hit record when you first start driving and thats pretty much it...
See this is why i ask, never had one before LOL.


So i should just hit record when i start driving and leave it?

Suppose i want to save a clip, what should i do? (SD card will fill and re-write over it, won't it?)
__________________
2016 Subaru WRX 6MT 04/25/16

2014 Ford Mustang 06/26/13 - 04/25/16 (SOLD)

2007 Honda Civic SI 10/13/12 - 05/13/13 (SOLD)

With Function, form will follow
dared3vil0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:32 PM   #10180
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Gucci Mane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SRY
Posts: 2,519
Thanked 2,467 Times in 876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
See this is why i ask, never had one before LOL.


So i should just hit record when i start driving and leave it?

Suppose i want to save a clip, what should i do? (SD card will fill and re-write over it, won't it?)
well what else would you do?

theres a loop recording function, but i have it turned off. so it records for 45minutes straight then stops, then you just have to hit record again. i've also got a 32gb card so it takes a little while for it to get filled up.
Gucci Mane is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #10181
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 4,801
Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,447 Posts
I always assumed you could hit a button and have it "lock" the last few minutes of recording, so you could save an accident/incident without fear of having it written over.
__________________
2016 Subaru WRX 6MT 04/25/16

2014 Ford Mustang 06/26/13 - 04/25/16 (SOLD)

2007 Honda Civic SI 10/13/12 - 05/13/13 (SOLD)

With Function, form will follow
dared3vil0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #10182
VAC Head Rotang Mod
 
Raid3n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PoCo
Posts: 10,268
Thanked 1,078 Times in 476 Posts
have a spare sd card in the glovie and swap cards? lol, just throwing out ideas haha
__________________
1990 FC3S
1984 GSX-R 400
2001 CBR600F4i

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #10183
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005
 
TOPEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,855
Thanked 2,074 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
How is he an idiot for stopping? Its a fucking red light. Hes an idiot for not stopping earlier.
uhh I was referring to the aftermath, where he... kinda... just... stopped... right in the middle... of... a... blind corner...? u know? so yes hes an idiot, cus someone else is gonna come flying arnd that corner and smash into him

the other party was smart to stop further up out of the blind corner
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
I had some girl come into the busser station the other day trying to make out with every staff member and then pull down her pants and asked for someone to stick a dick in her (at least she shaved).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #10184
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
underscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kel-pwn-a
Posts: 11,123
Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,872 Posts
I leave my cam set to loop record on power up. With a big card it'll take a while to fill, or if you're worried I let it record for a couple minutes after I see something and then unplug it to be sure it doesn't get overwritten.
__________________
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S TSD toy // 1991 Toyota Celica GTFour RC project ??? // 2000 Jeep Cherokee ski hauler // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #10185
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 6,519
Thanked 16,652 Times in 3,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
uhh I was referring to the aftermath, where he... kinda... just... stopped... right in the middle... of... a... blind corner...? u know? so yes hes an idiot, cus someone else is gonna come flying arnd that corner and smash into him

the other party was smart to stop further up out of the blind corner
So if you are coming to a red light that is around a blind corner, you blow through the red light to find a safer place to stop. Got it.
I also fail to see how a light that is visible from a couple hundred feet away at the end of a light right curve is "blind"
The guy was rear ended about 10 feet past the signal stop line, speaking of blind, are you?
__________________
98 technoviolet M3/2/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #10186
I subscribe to Revscene
 
Alby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,993
Thanked 1,959 Times in 443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
I always assumed you could hit a button and have it "lock" the last few minutes of recording, so you could save an accident/incident without fear of having it written over.
i thought the lock feature is standard for all dashcams? for mine, the lock button saves the file in a separate folder and if the card does get full, that file will not get overwritten.
Alby is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2014, 05:32 PM   #10187
RS controls my life!
 
SolidPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 766
Thanked 585 Times in 147 Posts
That light has the yellow sign about 70m back that flashes if there is a red light. Both were obviously just not paying attention.

You can see Supa pass it at 4 second mark, and it had just begun to flash.
SolidPenguin is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2014, 08:09 PM   #10188
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005
 
TOPEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,855
Thanked 2,074 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
So if you are coming to a red light that is around a blind corner, you blow through the red light to find a safer place to stop. Got it.
I also fail to see how a light that is visible from a couple hundred feet away at the end of a light right curve is "blind"
The guy was rear ended about 10 feet past the signal stop line, speaking of blind, are you?
DUDE shut the fuck up, ur clearly not understanding what im talking about. im talking about the aftermath of the crash where the rear ender just pulls to the right and stop right there, not to the side, but in the middle of the fking road, in the middle of a fking blind corner, nth to do with the fking light being red green yellow orange or blk.

HOLLYFUCKINGSHITURSTUPID

go rewatch the video, at the 35sec mark is exactly what im talking abt, the passing by car didn't see him pulled over until the last min
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
I had some girl come into the busser station the other day trying to make out with every staff member and then pull down her pants and asked for someone to stick a dick in her (at least she shaved).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.

Last edited by TOPEC; 08-24-2014 at 08:15 PM.
TOPEC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:21 PM   #10189
VAC Head Rotang Mod
 
Raid3n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PoCo
Posts: 10,268
Thanked 1,078 Times in 476 Posts
__________________
1990 FC3S
1984 GSX-R 400
2001 CBR600F4i

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:56 PM   #10190
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 6,519
Thanked 16,652 Times in 3,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
DUDE shut the fuck up, ur clearly not understanding what im talking about. im talking about the aftermath of the crash where the rear ender just pulls to the right and stop right there, not to the side, but in the middle of the fking road, in the middle of a fking blind corner, nth to do with the fking light being red green yellow orange or blk.

HOLLYFUCKINGSHITURSTUPID

go rewatch the video, at the 35sec mark is exactly what im talking abt, the passing by car didn't see him pulled over until the last min
You mean for the 3 seconds after it happened before supa turned? Since you are so smart you'd also know that the person the nearly "rear ended them" only looks like it was close because the video was sped up. Maybe he should have run over all of the white posts beside him to get off the road? I'm sure you'd know that people often are quite clusterfucked after an accident and it takes a bit of time to know what to do. I did misunderstand what you said, but its more since you cant articulate your thoughts into a typed sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
^wow thats guys an idiot for stopped there
I mean I must be really stupid to not know what that meant.
__________________
98 technoviolet M3/2/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
Westopher is correct.

Last edited by westopher; 08-24-2014 at 09:06 PM.
westopher is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #10191
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
Jmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Duncan, BC
Posts: 7,348
Thanked 3,282 Times in 1,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_chain619 View Post
what - YouTube

that means he ran his red right?
Not sure why you believe he had a red light.

Traffic in his direction was flowing through (green light). Traffic in your direction was stopped (red light).

My guess is he caught the tail end of an amber on the advance left turn. He probably should have stopped, but I wouldn't say it's video-worthy.
Jmac is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:03 PM   #10192
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
steel_chain619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: bby
Posts: 1,249
Thanked 776 Times in 135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Not sure why you believe he had a red light.

Traffic in his direction was flowing through (green light). Traffic in your direction was stopped (red light).

My guess is he caught the tail end of an amber on the advance left turn. He probably should have stopped, but I wouldn't say it's video-worthy.
yeah that's why I asked lol
not sure what I was thinking..didn't seem like a big deal to me but just wanted some clarification.

thanks!
__________________
FEEDBACK
steel_chain619 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:57 PM   #10193
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 56
Thanked 113 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
I don't think I've ever seen that set of lights turn red before.
I've never seen those lights turn red before either and likely those two drivers as well. Good to know as I always assume they are green when I drive that area and to be fair that intersection has to be one of the worst designed ones (Granville, gardens city) around the lower mainland.
Noreason is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #10194
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 4,801
Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,447 Posts
Notice how i'm in the lane that goes straight through the intersection, both lanes to my left are left turn only lanes. Minivan decides to go straight through in the left turn lane, into the lane my current lane dumps into. Would of sideswiped me if i didn't see. Dashcam is proving useful already LOL.

Oh, in the words of the great XxSupa, "Audio muted due to conversation"

__________________
2016 Subaru WRX 6MT 04/25/16

2014 Ford Mustang 06/26/13 - 04/25/16 (SOLD)

2007 Honda Civic SI 10/13/12 - 05/13/13 (SOLD)

With Function, form will follow
dared3vil0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2014, 11:30 PM   #10195
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
Marshall Placid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,259
Thanked 1,885 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
Caught this earlier this week, on my first night back in Canada.

I recognize that intersection at Garden City & Granville.

It's brutal with cars on the left turn lane sometimes turning back into the middle straight-through lane.

It has happened a few times when I pass through that intersection on the straight-through lane.

IMO, that traffic light in the middle like that is somewhat out of place.

The curve is at a steep angle so anybody going more than 60 km/h will have difficulty stopping... just like in the video (though the warning lights before traffic light does help).

----------

On another note... that cyclist that pressed the pedestrian light ?!?!?!?! From what I can tell, he just rode past the accident (in front of the two cars) and went on his merry way!!?!?! At the very least, he should have checked on the front car that got read ended, as the cyclist was somewhat of a "catalyst" to the entire accident. It was a pretty big hit.

Last edited by Marshall Placid; 08-24-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Marshall Placid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:39 PM   #10196
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
J-Chow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 806
Thanked 367 Times in 106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Placid View Post
I recognize that intersection at Garden City & Granville.

It's brutal with cars on the left turn lane sometimes turning back into the middle straight-through lane.

It has happened a few times when I pass through that intersection on the straight-through lane.

IMO, that traffic light in the middle like that is somewhat out of place.

The curve is at a steep angle so anybody going more than 60 km/h will have difficulty stopping... just like in the video (though the warning lights before traffic light does help).
In my 13 years of driving in Richmond, that is the very first time I've actually seen those set of lights turn red, whereas in the opposite lane, it always turns red. Probably a new traffic light pattern setup.
__________________
06' Subaru Impreza 2.5i - SOLD
14' Mazda CX-5 - SOLD
15' White Toyota Sienna SE - Current
16' White/Black "Panda' Ford Mustang Ecoboost - Current
J-Chow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:45 PM   #10197
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
xXSupa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,392
Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Chow View Post
In my 13 years of driving in Richmond, that is the very first time I've actually seen those set of lights turn red, whereas in the opposite lane, it always turns red. Probably a new traffic light pattern setup.
I believe they just installed the lights earlier this year. It used to be just two green arrows.

And in regards to TOPEC's point, I actually agree with him that the Mazda should've moved to a safer spot. There were quite a few close calls with cars coming around the corner after I walked back to the scene. There were cars coming up in both lanes, and the cars in the right lane had to squeeze in between cars in the left lane. I kept pushing the pedestrian crosswalk button so that the light would turn red, to get the other drivers attention, until the police arrived. The impact of the accident was quite hard, and both airbags exploded, so the driver was probably in shock and didn't think about moving, which is understandable.
__________________
oOoOooOOo what does this space do

-2011 BMW E92 335i- Current
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible- SOLD
xXSupa is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2014, 11:48 PM   #10198
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
Marshall Placid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,259
Thanked 1,885 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
I believe they just installed the lights earlier this year. It used to be just two green arrows.
That was what I thought as well.

I was almost sure that they just installed it recently.

I guess your video allowed me, at the very least, to be wary of that intersection when I drive past it.

Thank you!
Marshall Placid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:12 AM   #10199
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
boostfever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Shore
Posts: 3,534
Thanked 7,142 Times in 1,011 Posts
is TOPEC the bitch in the avatar? he surely sounds like one.
boostfever is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-25-2014, 12:21 AM   #10200
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005
 
TOPEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,855
Thanked 2,074 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
I believe they just installed the lights earlier this year. It used to be just two green arrows.

And in regards to TOPEC's point, I actually agree with him that the Mazda should've moved to a safer spot. There were quite a few close calls with cars coming around the corner after I walked back to the scene. There were cars coming up in both lanes, and the cars in the right lane had to squeeze in between cars in the left lane. I kept pushing the pedestrian crosswalk button so that the light would turn red, to get the other drivers attention, until the police arrived. The impact of the accident was quite hard, and both airbags exploded, so the driver was probably in shock and didn't think about moving, which is understandable.
THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE SEES THE ISSUE HERE

those sets of lights were installed after the repaved or "expanded" the bike lanes so bikers and peds can cross garden city. the lights r always green n is operated by the ped crossing
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
I had some girl come into the busser station the other day trying to make out with every staff member and then pull down her pants and asked for someone to stick a dick in her (at least she shaved).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net