REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 08-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #10201
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,230 Times in 833 Posts
Speaking of new lights, the new intersection at Gilbert Rd & River Rd is going to be an excellent source of Youtube material.
Advertisement
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #10202
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE SEES THE ISSUE HERE

those sets of lights were installed after the repaved or "expanded" the bike lanes so bikers and peds can cross garden city. the lights r always green n is operated by the ped crossing
I understand what you meant but I am kinda with Westopher here...

Have you ever been smoked in the face with an Airbag? It isn't a pleasant experience, and people are in shock, and sometimes aren't thinking clearly when something like that happens.

Stopping in that exact location isn't the smartest thing buddy decided to do, but I don't know how far I would be driving a car which has both the air bags deployed and potentially has severe mechanical problems.

On that same note, I don't know about that persons car, but after the air bags deploy in my vehicle the fuel system is shut down, so there is no way I would be able to move the vehicle even if I wanted to. So realistically there is eveyr possibility that buddy couldn't move it even if he wanted to...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
Old 08-25-2014, 12:03 PM   #10203

Thanked 5,296 Times in 2,033 Posts
remember the days when this thread had shitty driver clips and not all this rambling?

rabble rabble

rabble
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #10204

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
remember the days when this thread had shitty driver clips and not all this rambling?

rabble rabble

rabble
Because this post added a lot of value, and the discussion related to the clips that everyone else is posting is really all that detrimental?

I hate when people post garbage like this. It's an online discussion board, the reason everyone is here is to discuss and converse. If all you wanted was shitty driver clips go to fucking youtube.

This post FAILED by:
Old 08-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #10205
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
On that same note, I don't know about that persons car, but after the air bags deploy in my vehicle the fuel system is shut down, so there is no way I would be able to move the vehicle even if I wanted to. So realistically there is eveyr possibility that buddy couldn't move it even if he wanted to...
I can see it shutting it off at the initial impact, but you should be able to restart the car after. Otherwise that sounds sketchy as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
Old 08-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #10206

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I can see it shutting it off at the initial impact, but you should be able to restart the car after. Otherwise that sounds sketchy as hell.
There is a fuel cutoff switch which is located by my footwell. I know where this is located, and I can easily reset it in 2 minutes. So I was lying when I said I wouldn't be able to move it; However, how many people on here actually knew about the fact that their car had this type of feature? In reality most people don't know until they had an accident, and by that time its far too late to try and figure it out.

The other version of this I have seen is a battery cutoff switch, which actually trips the positive connection away from the battery (this was used in older cars when airbags first came out, I don't think manufacturers today use this type of system). For something like that you would actually need to go under the hood of the vehicle and reconnect to cables to get the car running.

Now imagine you have just been in a collision strong enough to activate both airbags, what are the chances you are going to be able to safely go into the engine bay and reconnect two wires together in order to move your vehicle?

Again this goes back to TOPEC's argument with westopher, the circumstances are unknown, there is every possibility buddy can't drive his car. So why call him an idiot for something like that.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:14 PM   #10207
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

richmond never ceases to amaze me
[02-07, 18:27] Jasonturbo: Fuckin RS, full of broke ass surrians, you guys are such downers

[07-07, 23:21] Inaii: I had some really shitty chinese tires on my fb... thing squealed like a chick getting fucked up the ass for the first time every time

[10-01, 23:38] jinxcrusader: should've stuck with stubbz in the back
Old 08-25-2014, 04:40 PM   #10208
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Altima was lucky that he didn't hit the curb because of the parking lot entrance.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #10209
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
There is a fuel cutoff switch which is located by my footwell. I know where this is located, and I can easily reset it in 2 minutes. So I was lying when I said I wouldn't be able to move it; However, how many people on here actually knew about the fact that their car had this type of feature? In reality most people don't know until they had an accident, and by that time its far too late to try and figure it out.

The other version of this I have seen is a battery cutoff switch, which actually trips the positive connection away from the battery (this was used in older cars when airbags first came out, I don't think manufacturers today use this type of system). For something like that you would actually need to go under the hood of the vehicle and reconnect to cables to get the car running.

Now imagine you have just been in a collision strong enough to activate both airbags, what are the chances you are going to be able to safely go into the engine bay and reconnect two wires together in order to move your vehicle?

Again this goes back to TOPEC's argument with westopher, the circumstances are unknown, there is every possibility buddy can't drive his car. So why call him an idiot for something like that.
Both of those systems sound pretty dangerous if they trigger at the wrong time, or if you're involved in an accident that leaves your car in a bad spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
Old 08-26-2014, 12:09 AM   #10210
I am Hook'd on RS

Another fun one this past weekend coming back from Vancouver into Richmond.

1) Guy passes two signs clearly showing YVR straight, Richmond right.

2) I was a little wary with their driving already so stayed behind until I thought they were settled in the right lane.

3) Dude starts drifting across solid line with no signal or shoulder check. I slam on the brakes and honk.

4) Audio is muted due to lively conversation from me and my passengers and honking =P

5) Nope, sorry didn't have a chance to move my dashcam position yet =/

I don't know how someone can so not pay attention like that if they don't know their way. I personally would be paranoid and watching carefully each signage.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2014, 12:19 AM   #10211
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts
Here's another accident for you guys.

My friend's hit and run accident, the one with the older model Saab that I briefly mentioned in Vancouver Auto Chat back in July.

The Saab took off after flipping my friend off, you can kinda hear it after the music turns off.

-2011 BMW E92 335i- Current
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible- SOLD
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2014, 12:26 AM   #10212
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,959 Times in 443 Posts
i hear the other car's horn honking before impact. what was the honking for?
Old 08-26-2014, 12:45 AM   #10213

^The other car was speeding down the wrong side of the road, I guess the honking was to warn my friend, but it was obviously too late.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:47 AM   #10214
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,486 Times in 408 Posts
probably honking the driver for turning left into the driveway just cuz the saab driver probably wasn't paying attention.

the honking was about 3 secs. if the saab was going slow enough in the residential area and paid attention, that would have been avoided.

or thought your friend was pulling to the right and went left to go around. then your friend went left and the saab hit your friend.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2014, 12:54 AM   #10215
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,528 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
i hear the other car's horn honking before impact. what was the honking for?
probably cause the driver pulled part way onto the 'shoulder' to the right of the road (0:12 mark) and (sounds like) did not signal left to turn into the driveway.

the hit and run guy probably thought the driver was pulling over to the right and decided to pass on the left.

also, not sure why the driver needed to pull right to make the left....

*edit* what sonarwave said....
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2014, 12:58 AM   #10216
I subscribe to Revscene

Sorry, it looks like your friend pulled right between 00:10 to 00:13 then turned left. It was unnecessary since the car is not that wide or that hard to maneuver. Your friend's action instigated this incident too.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-26-2014, 01:21 AM   #10217
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Idiot drives straight through a right turn only lane. I see this happening often enough on E 49th at Kerr that I keep an eye out for it when I drive through the intersection.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2014, 01:33 AM   #10218
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,486 Times in 408 Posts
^ fuck i hate it when people do that. i am an idiot to do this but i am sure i am not the only one, but when i can, i stay right next to that car and pace that car so that theres no way they can turn into the lane.

i don't get how people just simply don't see that BIG RIGHT TURN arrow in the lane.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2014, 01:41 AM   #10219
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,943 Times in 976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
^The other car was speeding down the wrong side of the road, I guess the honking was to warn my friend, but it was obviously too late.
Tell your friend they're not driving a tractor trailer
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2014, 01:53 AM   #10220

He passed a parked car at 0:07, and I figured he was only correcting himself from 0:08 to 0:12 so that he's back on the right side of the road. The only sudden movement towards the right was made at from 0:11-0:12, and he swerved to the left immediately after. If he signalled (which he claims he did), then the Saab has no excuse for hitting him.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:29 AM   #10221
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Speaking of new lights, the new intersection at Gilbert Rd & River Rd is going to be an excellent source of Youtube material.
So I was driving around there today, heading East at the new intersection, stopped in the go straight/right turn lane with another car ahead of me and a car in the left turn lane beside him.

So the car ahead of me goes and I follow only to have the stupid bitch in the car in the left turn lane cut me off hard and turn right! Many words, fingers and horns go off in my car...

There were no cars behind me.

Not Chinese, for once. Indian girl with a L on the back of her car and a kid in the front seat.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:22 AM   #10222
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Fuck that intersection! It has pretty much ruined my drive home if I hit it around 4-5pm. It used to be a nice leisurely drive along River Rd which has turned into another Richmond shit show.

I was pissed off enough to send a raging email (scary, I know) to the Transportation Planning department. They replied with the following :

"The realignment of River Road is a key component in Richmondís City Centre Area Plan as it supports the vision for this area of improving public open space and access to the river by establishing and expanding the Middle Arm Waterfront Park, as well as placing a higher priority on active transportation while continuing to invest in roadway improvements. To realize these long term objectives, the old River Road is envisioned to be closed to commuter traffic and replaced ultimately by a new four-lane arterial roadway along the former CP Rail corridor. This new arterial, when extended with the anticipated time frame of five to seven years, will provide a convenient alternative to No. 3 Road linking City Centre north and west Richmond. This new realignment also improves connectivity by providing a new direct access from River Road to Gilbert Road and the Dinsmore Bridge. Improves? Seriously? Drivers need to sit through 10 signal changes now before getting to the Oval.

As with any major road realignment that also includes the installation of new traffic signals, occasional traffic delays are to be expected during this time as drivers become familiar with the new traffic lane pattern and signal operations. Moreover, traffic congestion in this area may also be attributable to other factors in the vicinity including on-going active construction for multiple projects, which will continue for some time; and unforeseen delays/issues on other roads that now connect with River Road and Gilbert Road (e.g., vehicle crashes on Arthur Laing Bridge).

To help mitigate any delays, the City has implemented a number of measures including installation of additional signage as well as continually monitoring the live traffic cameras at the signalized intersections in the area."
Old 08-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #10223

Quote:
He passed a parked car at 0:07, and I figured he was only correcting himself from 0:08 to 0:12 so that he's back on the right side of the road. The only sudden movement towards the right was made at from 0:11-0:12, and he swerved to the left immediately after. If he signalled (which he claims he did), then the Saab has no excuse for hitting him.
When your buddy is driving by that paved area to the right from about 9 second till 12 seconds, it looks like he is almost driving on the right shoulder, and then right before he swings left at the 12 second mark it looks like he is almost driving on the guys grass. From the camera view, I can certainly understand why the other driver may have thought your buddy was pulling over. Either way its irrelevant, the driver of the other vehicle must have been going way too fast to not be able to stop in that 3 seconds he held his horn, and then he left after the accident? wtf. Hope you find the driver...

I would recommend letting your friend know that there is pretty much no need to swing wide on any type of turns, he is driving and MDX, not a truck and trailer.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2014, 09:08 AM   #10224
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
^ fuck i hate it when people do that. i am an idiot to do this but i am sure i am not the only one, but when i can, i stay right next to that car and pace that car so that theres no way they can turn into the lane.

i don't get how people just simply don't see that BIG RIGHT TURN arrow in the lane.
don't worry I do it too, also it's not that they don't see the right turn arrow, they feign stupidity when they're really doing it on purpose to avoid the lineup.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:09 AM   #10225
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,526 Posts
Quote:
The person in the video was a guy?

I'd be interested in hearing how ICBC decides on this.
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
This post thanked by: