REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 09-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #10476
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts
There are a lot of things that are legal, but many people mistaken for illegal.

Some of the common ones include:
1. Passing on a solid yellow line
2. Changing lanes in an intersection
3. Turning through a double yellow line
4. Going through a red light after coming to a complete stop (Only applies to red lights at train tracks or pedestrian crossings, where there is NO intersection present)
Advertisement

-2011 BMW E92 335i- Current
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible- SOLD
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #10477
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,959 Times in 443 Posts
another one is that it is legal to turn left onto a one way street even if you have a red light. of course, only when it's safe to do so. we drive everyday and encounter so many red lights that we assume all red lights means no left turn.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #10478

Thanked 5,295 Times in 2,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
usually in residential ares you wouldn't do it cause it's usually unsafe to do.

I'll never get why people think crossing a single solid yellow is illegal (a single solid white is though IIRC). If it was, why would they waste the paint for a double solid?
I think its because it rarely happens seeing someone pass over a solid single yellow. Also the fact there's usually cars going at both directions and it just isn't safe lol

But its good to get that cleared up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Same, driver instructed told me is illegal :0
Same LOL. Instructor told me that you shouldn't change lanes in an intersection.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:01 PM   #10479
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,425 Times in 846 Posts
How about somewhere like this are you susposed to go when safe after stopping at red, treating it as a right turn on red or wait till its green? I see people sometimes they stop until green and some turn after stopping

This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 02:21 PM   #10480

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
How about somewhere like this are you susposed to go when safe after stopping at red, treating it as a right turn on red or wait till its green? I see people sometimes they stop until green and some turn after stopping

This intersection has been discussed on here before. It was concluded that you treat it as a right turn on red.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #10481
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Can some one chime in on the U-Turn rules again? I see so many U-turns happening here in Richmond these days that it looks legal... but this White Jetta...

however that sign person was very stressed working all alone there, and she was confusing the hell out of people in all directions.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #10482
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,274 Times in 905 Posts
This is what drives me CRAZY!!!

West 70th (between Shaughnessy and Fremlin st) where the right lane splits into 2

Drivers on the left lane most of the time drives straight cutting me off, instead to FOLLOW their own damn lane!!!!
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 03:33 PM   #10483

Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixfwd View Post
Can some one chime in on the U-Turn rules again? I see so many U-turns happening here in Richmond these days that it looks legal... but this White Jetta...

?11580013?? - YouTube

however that sign person was very stressed working all alone there, and she was confusing the hell out of people in all directions.
U-turns are illegal in BC:
1. At ALL light controlled intersections, unless otherwise posted
2. At all location where a "No U-turn" sign is present
3. On curvy roads
4. Within 100m (or was it 200?) of any peaks/hills
5. In business districts
6. When it interferes with the flow of traffic

-2011 BMW E92 335i- Current
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible- SOLD
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 05:39 PM   #10484
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
and thats why i posted a detailed back story.....
So why would you fail me for posting pixels and forwarding this pixelated video to ICBC? They're not going to be able to do anything with it because that video was recorded on 1990 technology. Your word about it being a Honda and plate is not sufficient enough for ICBC to do anything other than another junk email
Old 09-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #10485
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
U turns in Canada are completely opposite the US, in the US you are allowed to make a U-Turn unless it is posted that you cannot.

In Canada You cannot make a U turn unless there is a sign saying you are allowed.

Maybe I just don't pay attention enough, but can someone show me somewhere where there is a "U-turn allowed" sign?

----

The other one that people don't know about is what everyone else on here found out about recently, and that is that when there is a redlight NOT at an intersection (aka pedestrian crossings with red lights), it is operated like a stop sign, where once the road is clear you are allowed to proceed after coming to a full stop.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #10486
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

How about something like this video? I wish I had a wider angle lens, but what happened off camera is that the Volvo did a U-Turn and you'll see at about the 6 to 7 second mark on the left a tiny pedestrian with a white shopping bag about to cross after pushing the button.

The idiot driver was not even able to complete the U-turn and had to reverse, hence I couldn't make my turn as her bumper was in my way. You see the oncoming traffic had to stop, even that pedestrian had to stop to wait for this dumb ass to finish what she was doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
U-turns are illegal in BC:
1. At ALL light controlled intersections, unless otherwise posted
2. At all location where a "No U-turn" sign is present
3. On curvy roads
4. Within 100m (or was it 200?) of any peaks/hills
5. In business districts
6. When it interferes with the flow of traffic
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 05:53 PM   #10487

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
So why would you fail me for posting pixels and forwarding this pixelated video to ICBC? They're not going to be able to do anything with it because that video was recorded on 1990 technology. Your word about it being a Honda and plate is not sufficient enough for ICBC to do anything other than another junk email
Video plays fine for me on my computer? If ICBC needed a higher quality version of it I can upload the 200MB file. Don't know why Sony Vegas rendered the video in such shitty quality lol
Old 09-28-2014, 05:55 PM   #10488

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixfwd View Post
How about something like this video?
ALL U-Turns are illegal in BC (unless theres a sign that allows it) is what xXSupa was trying to say I think
Old 09-28-2014, 06:39 PM   #10489
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
3. Turning through a double yellow line
That, oh man... So I'm at the light with someone in front of me, light turns green, the guy starts moving, crosses the intersection then immediately flips left turn signals and stops so he can turn into some shitty takeout place on the other side of the street. Naturally the opposite traffic is without breaks since the light just turned green! That's my every day on Kingsway. Serves me right for driving in the left lane
Old 09-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #10490
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,140 Times in 1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodtruck View Post
That, oh man... So I'm at the light with someone in front of me, light turns green, the guy starts moving, crosses the intersection then immediately flips left turn signals and stops so he can turn into some shitty takeout place on the other side of the street. Naturally the opposite traffic is without breaks since the light just turned green! That's my every day on Kingsway. Serves me right for driving in the left lane
If I recall correctly, you're only allowed to turn through a double yellow provided you don't have to wait for a break in traffic. Otherwise, if you have to sit and wait for a clearing, it's illegal.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #10491
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,528 Times in 309 Posts
so at 6:30pm today, i'm lining up to exit pacific center and a brand new yas marina blue BMW M4 in front of me pulls up to insert his parking ticket to exit, he pulls up 2 feet away and ends up having to walk out of his vehicle to get to the machine. Then, as we exit PC and turn right onto Smithe as pictured below, he somehow curbs the shit out of his rim where the lady is crossing in the picture.

Next, we're waiting at the corner on a RED light to turn from Smithe onto Hornby, where he decides to occupy the bicycle lane and nearly hits a cyclist. Only to then proceed to turn right on that same RED where there are TWO "no right turn on red" signs.

but wait! that's not it. From Hornby, he decides to turn right onto Robson where there are not one, not two, but THREE "no right turn" signs" and almost hit pedestrians crossing the street.

it was at that exact moment that i wished i had a dashcam to record everything and show how ridiculous it was

This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2014, 10:45 PM   #10492
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
I think its because it rarely happens seeing someone pass over a solid single yellow. Also the fact there's usually cars going at both directions and it just isn't safe lol
You need to get out of the city more, there are loads and loads of back roads with single solids where people pass all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
The other one that people don't know about is what everyone else on here found out about recently, and that is that when there is a redlight NOT at an intersection (aka pedestrian crossings with red lights), it is operated like a stop sign, where once the road is clear you are allowed to proceed after coming to a full stop.
They really need to tell more people about this, it came up on here a few years back and I've been doing it ever since but only one have I seen another car drive though after stopping. I get glares every single time I do it because nobody has a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
Old 09-28-2014, 10:53 PM   #10493
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,307 Times in 670 Posts
Quote:
Reverse turn

168 Except as provided by the bylaws of a municipality or the laws of a treaty first nation, a driver must not turn a vehicle so as to proceed in the opposite direction

(a) unless the driver can do so without interfering with other traffic, or,

(b) when he or she is driving

(i) on a curve,

(ii) on an approach to or near the crest of a grade where the vehicle cannot be seen by the driver of another vehicle approaching from either direction within 150 m,

(iii) at a place where a sign prohibits making a U-turn,

(iv) at an intersection where a traffic control signal has been erected, or

(v) in a business district, except at an intersection where no traffic control signal has been erected.
Can someone clear this up? So I can do a uturn when my car won't block traffic, w/o signs, not on a crest of a hill/turn, not at a traffic signal and not in a business district?

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[26-06, 19:29] Mr.Stubbz too big for meeeee

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you

Last edited by yray; 09-28-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:45 AM   #10494
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

page 420 best post about traffic laws ever.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:54 AM   #10495
ZN6
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,121 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
so at 6:30pm today, i'm lining up to exit pacific center and a brand new yas marina blue BMW M4 in front of me pulls up to insert his parking ticket to exit, he pulls up 2 feet away and ends up having to walk out of his vehicle to get to the machine. Then, as we exit PC and turn right onto Smithe as pictured below, he somehow curbs the shit out of his rim where the lady is crossing in the picture.

Next, we're waiting at the corner on a RED light to turn from Smithe onto Hornby, where he decides to occupy the bicycle lane and nearly hits a cyclist. Only to then proceed to turn right on that same RED where there are TWO "no right turn on red" signs.

but wait! that's not it. From Hornby, he decides to turn right onto Robson where there are not one, not two, but THREE "no right turn" signs" and almost hit pedestrians crossing the street.

it was at that exact moment that i wished i had a dashcam to record everything and show how ridiculous it was
Spoiler!
That area in particular is horrendous. I remember when I first got my license I was driving up smithe and there was traffic back up on that street and on Hornby.

I stopped at the light due to back up on Smithe. When traffic started moving again I slowly inched forward as traffic started to flow again and some SUV ran the red on hornby and smoked the guy stopped just after the light on Hornby. If I proceeded like normal, I would have been the one to get smoked. Don't think I could have survived in a 80's corolla with paper thin metal; could have died.

There are no rules in downtown whether you're a pedestrian, driver or a biker.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #10496
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,322 Times in 1,114 Posts
I work in PC. I see a daily shitshow every time I'm going to work. I do have a dashcam but if I posted everything up it would take ages to upload.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Old 09-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #10497
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,450 Times in 357 Posts
Bright dashboards and daytime lights continue to fool us | Driving

(DUHHHHHHHH!)

Too many of us continue to dangerously drive with the rear lights off. The question is: Why haven't we fixed this yet?

The problem is sometimes we need to reach the people who don’t read Driving. People who drive, but are more likely to just turn the key and go. Keeping this in mind, I’m hoping the regular readers will take something I think is important outside of these parameters; we have an ongoing safety issue across most brands and many models that manufacturers refuse to address, so as drivers, we must.

Headlight systems. Too many cars have an illuminated dash even when the headlights are not fully turned on or when the headlight stalk is not set in automatic mode. You’ve all seen a car ahead with no rear lights. It’s deadly, and the driver has no idea they have only their daytime running lights on the front and are invisible from the back. It’s an ongoing issue we all can identify but seem unable to stop.

Daytime running lights have been mandatory in Canada for nearly 25 years. I’m not going to argue about studies that prove they save lives preventing crashes and studies that question that fact; I’ve always believed in full headlight operation anytime I’m driving the car.

Some cars have an “auto” setting. You can engage it and forget it, and a sensor determines when your car should automatically go from daytime running lights to a fully illuminated system, including the rear running lights. Some cars don’t have an auto setting, but you can leave the headlights fully on and they will shut off when you pull the key. And some cars will bong and chime and make you crazy reminding you that you have to shut your lights off.

The problem? In the old days – before mandatory daytime running lights – if you didn’t have your headlights on, your dashboard was also dark. You’d notice you couldn’t read your gauges; you’d pull on your headlights. Problem solved. In too many of today’s cars, that dash is illuminated, you have headlights – albeit diminished – and you think you’re good to go. In cities and highways with lights everywhere, you may not notice your headlights are weak or compromised. These are the culprits.

Here is where I need the car people. Your first response will be to tell me you know the difference between daytime running lights and full headlights. Fair enough. Your car is already in the auto setting, or you already pull on your full lighting harness as a matter or course. But those people you see out there who don’t are people we know. Maybe it’s your kid or your co-worker. Maybe you’ve rented a car with different settings from your own. Maybe it’s your folks who don’t drive at night often. So, do me a favour: ask. Make this one of “The Talks” you have with your sons and daughters and all the drivers in your life. Use your car knowledge and your car interest to extend the message that too many manufacturers don’t think is important enough to fix with a simple harness adjustment that would leave the dash dark if the headlights aren’t fully engaged. Check what the people around you drive, and make sure their cars are on the auto setting if they have it, or remind them to fully engage their lighting system if they don’t.

I would love to give you a list of cars that don’t illuminate their rear ends, but I can’t formulate a comprehensive one because there are too many. Honda and Toyota are prime candidates, but very few brands – Saab and Mercedes spring to mind – are consistent across their model lineups in not being guilty of this. Some Fords do, some don’t. Same with GMs and Chryslers.

We’re heading into winter, and everyone has found themselves up the butt of a car that is unlit. You will be blamed for running into them, but surely we could all do a little better on making ourselves as visible as possible. It’s the responsibility of a driver to know his or her own car and operate it accordingly.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2014, 04:40 PM   #10498
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,228 Times in 832 Posts
^
While on the topic of lights, my Honda has the following settings:

No lights (DRL only).
Dashboard/centre console lights.
Head & tail lights.

Why does the second setting even exist?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 09-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #10499
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,486 Times in 408 Posts
i don't get it. aren't all cars made with DRL on automatically and the back lights come on when you turn on the headlights?

^ i don't think the second option should even exist. if you want that the dash and console light on, it means its dark enough you can't see that stuff. you should turn on the headlight for it and that will also turn on the back lights automatically.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2014, 06:28 PM   #10500
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

That probably explains the number of drivers with high beams on at night. They don't have a clue about the lights and pop the high beams. "Hey.... more light." Bloody base civic and corolla drivers.