REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 03-21-2015, 10:11 PM   #11976
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genzlinger View Post
You mean the front bumper that is lifelessly nesting on the floor just ahead of that car? hehe. I think what you're referring to is the shock-absorbing foam that is attached to the rebar.
ok....that was my stupid question of the day.

So baffled how that could have happened, I didn't see the obvious.
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2015, 11:23 PM   #11977
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,758 Times in 2,071 Posts
Some piece of shit in a Nissan X-trail didn't understand how to zipper properly onto the 2nd narrows today, I eventually gave up my ground after I could tell he was willing to merge his piece of shit into my car. Gave him the finger, couldn't help myself, he proceeds to give me jerking and jizzing motions. I laughed pretty good, since I can only imagine that's all he does all night long.

In the rare event that you may have known it was me, or you see this, or w/e; I'd be butthurt if I was a 50 year old fatass driving around in a piece of shit xtrail with fucked up bumpers and missing hubcaps.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2015, 11:34 PM   #11978
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,075 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tec View Post
Anyone else saw the BMW X1? X3? that crashed infront of Boundary / OpenRoad Audi this afternoon?

Looks like it was a test-drive

i hope they didnt just pick up that X1 off the lot

these r through out the week

the fob is trying to turn in despite his bad angle, if there wasnt a car blocking the way he prob would've hopped the curb n clipped the suv

nice lil drift, westopher is that u?

i dont get y ppl do this, knowing that there isnt enough room to clear the intersection yet they still proceed and end up blocking the intersection

old ppl shouldn't drive period...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.

Last edited by TOPEC; 03-21-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:54 PM   #11979
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRM4TFcEEYw

old ppl shouldn't drive period...
At-least the Red Light Camera Got Him (2 Bright Flashes in Backround)
Old 03-22-2015, 12:05 AM   #11980
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanhas View Post
White GLK was driving pretty aggressively from knight bridge to Marine..and he got owned lol

I was going close to 80km/h already, GLK was probably doing 90-95km/h when he got lasered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5oz...ature=youtu.be
If you dont mind me asking what Radar Detector are you using?
Old 03-22-2015, 01:13 AM   #11981
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironheader View Post
At-least the Red Light Camera Got Him (2 Bright Flashes in Backround)
do they even send out tickets for the red light cameras anymore?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2015, 01:14 AM   #11982
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 2,689 Times in 621 Posts
Not local but a compilation of people trying to pull insurance fraud

2014 Dodge RAM Sport (Current)
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-22-2015, 01:46 AM   #11983
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,253 Times in 1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymans View Post
The driver then pointed at my turn signal and I realized it was still on(the new truck's signal spring doesn't work, among many other problems with the truck).
A lot of new trucks (maybe cars as well) have a 2 stage turn signal now, if you just blip it (not to the click) it'll blink 3 times then go off (lane changes). If you pull it til it clicks, then it'll stay on and won't reset. It's stupid as hell, but it's intentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
Old 03-22-2015, 02:18 AM   #11984
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
A lot of new trucks (maybe cars as well) have a 2 stage turn signal now, if you just blip it (not to the click) it'll blink 3 times then go off (lane changes). If you pull it til it clicks, then it'll stay on and won't reset. It's stupid as hell, but it's intentional.
It's definitely in some cars too. The first time i drove a rental/loaner that had it, it drove me nuts the first time I had to signal. I blipped it to change lanes and it stayed on for 5 seconds. Thought it was stuck. Blipped it the other way and signaled the other way for 5 seconds. So aggravating.

Now when I see someone do this, I let it slide unless it's going on for blocks on end.

It's the 'dumbing down' of all skills nowadays that I hate. Can't remember to turn your signal off for a lane change? Car will do it for you. Don't check blind spots? Car will do it for you and indicate on the mirror. In my view, assistance tech is nice to have, but it's seriously degrading peoples skills as the tech does the work for them.

The one that still makes me shudder, is a friend of mine used to flick on cruise control whenever she was driving downhill. When I asked her why she did that, her answer? "It controls the speed of the car." She thought it meant it controlled the brakes too.

I had to explain that you need to be going highway speeds for it to activate, and it didn't control the brakes, so she might have killed us all in an emergency if we were going downhill.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2015, 02:30 AM   #11985
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Self explanatory title

Old 03-22-2015, 02:42 AM   #11986

^ some modern cruise controls will slow the vehicle on downhills, I know my uncles truck does. It's convenient when you're already using the cruise, but dicey as fuck to be going downhill without really paying attention to controlling your speed going down a hill.

Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 03-22-2015, 02:48 AM   #11987
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
The one that still makes me shudder, is a friend of mine used to flick on cruise control whenever she was driving downhill. When I asked her why she did that, her answer? "It controls the speed of the car." She thought it meant it controlled the brakes too.

I had to explain that you need to be going highway speeds for it to activate, and it didn't control the brakes, so she might have killed us all in an emergency if we were going downhill.
Some cars' cruise control do control the brakes to maintain the selected speed on downhill gradients. For example, BMW's Dynamic Cruise Control (not to be mistaken with the radar-controlled Active Cruise Control).
Old 03-22-2015, 03:01 AM   #11988
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamanote View Post
Some cars' cruise control do control the brakes to maintain the selected speed on downhill gradients. For example, BMW's Dynamic Cruise Control (not to be mistaken with the radar-controlled Active Cruise Control).
Yeah. Modern systems are a whole other story now. I should have mentionedit was a minivan from 20 years ago.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2015, 09:29 AM   #11989
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,287 Times in 1,198 Posts
Cruise Control can usually be activated much lower than highway speeds. My Civic's can be activated at 40 km/h and most other cars I've driven are in the 30-60 km/h range.

I don't understand the logic behind activating it ONLY when going down hills, even if it did utilize the brakes (which, as you pointed out, it doesn't being a 20 yo minivan).
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #11990
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

not local saw this in my fb news feed;
Woman shot in the head in rush hour road rage incident - CNN Video
anyone can be carrying a gun in the states, but you never know who people are even here in the 604.
pick your fights carefully.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #11991
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,989 Times in 1,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
It doesn't really matter if it's illegal or not, it's not only unsafe to change lanes approaching an intersection where there is another vehicle looking to merge in, but it's also discourteous to the other driver.

This doesn't excuse the truck driver.
I fail to see how my action has anything to do with courtesy of the road? It's not a merge and at no point did the F-series have right of way and should wait until it's completely clear and safe to turn, which is even more critical on that stretch of road where the speed limit is above 50 kph and there's only two lanes. If the car traveling straight in the major roadway completes a lane change before an intersection, it's practically following ICBC's driving guide to a tee. You can see in the video my lane change was steady, not abrupt.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #11992
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,989 Times in 1,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmic View Post

Spoiler!
wasn't aware they were filming the next Bond film in Burnaby
Old 03-22-2015, 03:42 PM   #11993
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,766 Times in 445 Posts
I'm surprised I'm not in this thread yet LOL
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-22-2015, 06:48 PM   #11994
I am Hook'd on RS

Today was driving back from work and saw this on Boundary Road.

Mini Van's roof was flopping up and down continuously, if that strap were to slip that load is gonna hit the car behind.

On-top of that a BMW M3 was tailgating him for 8 blocks. Tailgating this minivan is a death wish.

This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2015, 06:59 PM   #11995
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
That fucker better have had an emergency.
Hospitals the other way
Old 03-22-2015, 07:54 PM   #11996
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 5,396 Times in 1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
Not local but a compilation of people trying to pull insurance fraud

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4GB7Eicy0GE
It's like after each time these videos are reposted, the actual quality of the videos decrease exponentially.

I swear, some of the videos were in HD but after reuploading it a few times, its turned into 144p shit.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-22-2015, 08:40 PM   #11997
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,287 Times in 1,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
I fail to see how my action has anything to do with courtesy of the road? It's not a merge and at no point did the F-series have right of way and should wait until it's completely clear and safe to turn, which is even more critical on that stretch of road where the speed limit is above 50 kph and there's only two lanes. If the car traveling straight in the major roadway completes a lane change before an intersection, it's practically following ICBC's driving guide to a tee. You can see in the video my lane change was steady, not abrupt.
Let's say I'm driving in the right lane on a 4-lane highway (2 lanes in each direction) and, up ahead, I see another vehicle waiting to enter traffic from a perpendicular road on my right. I look in my mirrors to ensure there are no other vehicles behind me (which would make a lane change pointless as he can't enter anyways) or beside me (obviously don't want to sideswipe or cut off someone else), and proceed to change into the left lane, thereby allowing him to enter the flow of traffic sooner.

Would you consider this to be a courteous action?

Same scenario except I'm driving in the left lane. I see a vehicle approach a stop sign at a perpendicular road up ahead. I check my mirrors and then begin to change into the right lane, thereby forcing him to wait to enter traffic. Technically, it wasn't illegal.

Would you consider this to be a courteous action?

And, like I said, it doesn't excuse the truck driver. It's his responsibility to yield to oncoming traffic.

Just saying you'd both have been better served if you had made that lane change after the intersection rather than before.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:13 PM   #11998

^ 99% of the time that I perform that first move, the person isn't paying attention and doesn't use the space I made them, so I stopped doing it. I'm all for courtesy, but I'm not going to inconvenience myself just to attempt to help someone that isn't in a bind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
It's like after each time these videos are reposted, the actual quality of the videos decrease exponentially.

I swear, some of the videos were in HD but after reuploading it a few times, its turned into 144p shit.
Recorded in something like mp4, then edited and exported to who knows what, then uploaded and converted to flv, then ripped and edited again and exported to who knows what, then uploaded and converted to flv again, rinse, wash, repeat.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by underscore; 03-22-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:00 PM   #11999
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,458 Times in 1,710 Posts
this asshole. he thought ths was a perfectly acceptable way to park next to me. eat a bag of dicks.

Untitled by 320iCar, on Flickr
Old 03-23-2015, 12:20 AM   #12000
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

A WTF moment.
16' White/Black "Panda' Ford Mustang Ecoboost - Current