REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 03-23-2015, 12:34 AM   #12001
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,985 Times in 1,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Let's say I'm driving in the right lane on a 4-lane highway (2 lanes in each direction) and, up ahead, I see another vehicle waiting to enter traffic from a perpendicular road on my right. I look in my mirrors to ensure there are no other vehicles behind me (which would make a lane change pointless as he can't enter anyways) or beside me (obviously don't want to sideswipe or cut off someone else), and proceed to change into the left lane, thereby allowing him to enter the flow of traffic sooner.

Would you consider this to be a courteous action?

Same scenario except I'm driving in the left lane. I see a vehicle approach a stop sign at a perpendicular road up ahead. I check my mirrors and then begin to change into the right lane, thereby forcing him to wait to enter traffic. Technically, it wasn't illegal.

Would you consider this to be a courteous action?

And, like I said, it doesn't excuse the truck driver. It's his responsibility to yield to oncoming traffic.

Just saying you'd both have been better served if you had made that lane change after the intersection rather than before.
to me it doesn't make sense to yield for or even keep in mind someone completely stationary when you're 60-70kph...if I did I saved his travel time by a whopping 2-3 seconds?

If I were in his position I wouldn't turn even if the curb lane is clear; if it's not three lanes where all but the outer lane is occupied (as a safety buffer) then i'll wait until all traffic have passed before proceeding.

I also made the lane change in the first place because the white van switched to the left while driving under the speed limit; the flow of the traffic shouldn't be impeded by a stationary car waiting on a rightie...in doing so I might end up pissing the people behind me because now I am slowing down and working against the right of way just so there's a small chance the right turner may slip in. If the light is red and I've already decelerated down to 20kph or less, sure.
Advertisement

Last edited by twitchyzero; 03-23-2015 at 12:43 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2015, 01:09 AM   #12002
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Chow View Post
bringing left lane hogging to a whole new level

Old 03-23-2015, 08:30 AM   #12003
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

^ someone should edit that video with the "thug life" theme
16' White/Black "Panda' Ford Mustang Ecoboost - Current
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2015, 09:29 AM   #12004
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 7,597 Times in 1,188 Posts

Immediately thought of this family guy clip even though it was a white male
Spoiler!

Also 231 TRS, silver second gen Lexus IS with plastidipped badges, if you're on here, cut your shit out. Cutting in and out of lanes and using the HOV as a passing lane, very clearly texting while driving by Lougheed based on your inability to drive in a straight line. All that shitty driving got you 2 cars in front of me when we were stopped at the red light, great job you tool. Also #plastidipisnotamod

FOR SALE
Miata Shock Tower Brace

Last edited by ilvtofu; 03-23-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:41 AM   #12005
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,142 Times in 1,011 Posts
not local

Porsche 959 flips over in Geneva after speeding on wet road
Old 03-23-2015, 08:55 PM   #12006
MOD

Thanked 6,653 Times in 1,719 Posts
lol

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 03-23-2015, 09:41 PM   #12007
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,282 Times in 1,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post

Article fails to mention that the 959 is the only car in history to win both the Le Mans (class) and Dakar rally races.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2015, 10:05 PM   #12008
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

reminds me of what happened yesterday,

Was following CorneringArtist on Kingsway and the cop was following the woman for a good ways with his sirens on and she wouldn't stop
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
Old 03-23-2015, 10:25 PM   #12009
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-24-2015, 10:25 AM   #12010
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

those fuckers who decide its perfectly fine to run across 4 lanes of traffic with no hesitation ...
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
Old 03-24-2015, 11:10 AM   #12011
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,252 Times in 456 Posts
^ How much signal I need to cut across 8 lane? None? I turn now. Good luck everybody else!

'03 Toyota Corolla CE 'Ace of Base' [2011 - 15th May 2016,
29th November 2016 - Spring 2017]
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2015, 12:12 PM   #12012
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
fuck i love watching shit like this.

I love how the cop waited for him to make a move before pulling him over.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:12 AM   #12013

fuckin troll
16' White/Black "Panda' Ford Mustang Ecoboost - Current
Old 03-25-2015, 12:22 AM   #12014
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,872 Posts
^ is that the same place someone blew that really late red a while back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
Old 03-25-2015, 08:23 AM   #12015
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 5,396 Times in 1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
^ is that the same place someone blew that really late red a while back?
Yes. Welcome to Richmond/Aberdeen.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2015, 06:08 PM   #12016
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,528 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
"keep honking, see if he goes"... lol
Old 03-25-2015, 07:09 PM   #12017
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 571 Posts
Quote:
your gf/friend is funny. At least she doesn't scream like Akinari's gf

Btw anyone who got stuck in the mess on Hwy 99 NB this morning around 9, sorry! I wasn't the main issue (that was the serious accident that happened right before the tunnel), but I was part of it. Car died in the middle of the highway and I couldn't get it over to the shoulder. And if any of you saw a silver rx7 revving the piss out of their engine, that was me. Only way I could keep the car running =/ So sorry everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2015, 09:39 PM   #12018

No Love for pedestrians:

This Van rollover was from a couple weeks ago. I think the driver was still inside. Notice it is facing the wrong direction too :

Old 03-25-2015, 09:49 PM   #12019
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 1,990 Times in 526 Posts
Wish I had a dash cam in the work van for this one.

Was headed down Knight St. in the middle lane and I changed lanes from the mid to the left lane to turn onto 63rd. Came to a full stop as I waited. Crazy ginger lady in a late model Chevy Silverado was coming down the left lane and probably wasn't expecting me to stop but she braked in time. Guy in a mid 200s MPV wasn't paying attention and smashed into the back of her truck. As that happened, I was still sitting there waiting to turn. Shortly after she got rear ended, I see the lady run out of her truck towards my van and smash her fist on my drivers window demanding I pull over because I caused her to be in an accident. Wanting to play along, I turned onto 63rd as did she and minivan dude.

As soon as we all pulled over on 63rd, she continued her raging and I egged her on while I was checking out the damage on the dude's MPV. Smashed up pretty good. Hood crinkled, bumper hanging loose, both headlights exploded, rad support pushed in a good few inches. Genius still had the engine running, and surprise surprise, tires were worn well past the wear bars. Keep in mind it was raining out.

Blah blah blah, this is all your fault, you cut me off, I hate you, why did you do this to me etc. This continues for a few more minutes until finally I ask her: "If I cut you off and this is all my fault, how did you not rear end me? Why is there no damage on my car? How were you able to stop? Isn't the fault with the guy that hit you and not me?" Her response? "I don't know. You're a f*cking dick. You're responsible and I want you to admit you're wrong". After some more back and forth's, I and peaced it
Old 03-25-2015, 10:04 PM   #12020

Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
your gf/friend is funny. At least she doesn't scream like Akinari's gf

Btw anyone who got stuck in the mess on Hwy 99 NB this morning around 9, sorry! I wasn't the main issue (that was the serious accident that happened right before the tunnel), but I was part of it. Car died in the middle of the highway and I couldn't get it over to the shoulder. And if any of you saw a silver rx7 revving the piss out of their engine, that was me. Only way I could keep the car running =/ So sorry everyone!
Thank god I decided to skip class and go get my car worked on today in Burnaby, although there was a stall in one of the lanes on the 91 blocking the left lane...
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2015, 10:54 PM   #12021
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,383 Times in 256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
Wish I had a dash cam in the work van for this one.

Was headed down Knight St. in the middle lane and I changed lanes from the mid to the left lane to turn onto 63rd. Came to a full stop as I waited. Crazy ginger lady in a late model Chevy Silverado was coming down the left lane and probably wasn't expecting me to stop but she braked in time. Guy in a mid 200s MPV wasn't paying attention and smashed into the back of her truck. As that happened, I was still sitting there waiting to turn. Shortly after she got rear ended, I see the lady run out of her truck towards my van and smash her fist on my drivers window demanding I pull over because I caused her to be in an accident. Wanting to play along, I turned onto 63rd as did she and minivan dude.

As soon as we all pulled over on 63rd, she continued her raging and I egged her on while I was checking out the damage on the dude's MPV. Smashed up pretty good. Hood crinkled, bumper hanging loose, both headlights exploded, rad support pushed in a good few inches. Genius still had the engine running, and surprise surprise, tires were worn well past the wear bars. Keep in mind it was raining out.

Blah blah blah, this is all your fault, you cut me off, I hate you, why did you do this to me etc. This continues for a few more minutes until finally I ask her: "If I cut you off and this is all my fault, how did you not rear end me? Why is there no damage on my car? How were you able to stop? Isn't the fault with the guy that hit you and not me?" Her response? "I don't know. You're a f*cking dick. You're responsible and I want you to admit you're wrong". After some more back and forth's, I and peaced it

I drive for a living and I travel up and down the Knight st corridor all day long.

One of my pet peeves are people turning left into the side streets from Knight St between 58th and 63rd as it fucks up traffic flow and causes wayy to many accidents.
There is a left turn bay on 57th where you can safely turn left and then make a right if you need to get into the neighborhood. Turning left on that stretch causes a cluster fuck behind you because you're waiting for traffic heading north bound off the bridge to ease up so you can turn.

But you're not wrong, you're just a douche for turning there

My Feedback
Old 03-25-2015, 11:07 PM   #12022
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 3,408 Times in 786 Posts
Sometimes I hate it when im going up the hill and people signal last minute to turn left and I get stuck behind them forever...nothing to really do about it since it is all legal, but I guess its just an unwritten "rule" to be courteous to fellow rush hour commuters...could always give em the ol' mean stare down

On topic though...why is she mad at you?? She isnt at fault so her truck would be covered and the damage is on the box which wont really be that expensive to fix anyways
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2015, 11:41 PM   #12023

Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,114 Posts
Similar thing with Granville and W King Ed. I will never understand why the advanced left turn green is not active for the entire day...fucks up traffic so bad, especially during rush hour.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2015, 12:35 AM   #12024
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,113 Times in 277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-40six View Post
But you're not wrong, you're just a douche for turning there
pretty much, exit off on marine west bound and take a right up to 63rd, it cant be that hard. i feel like they should have barricades all the way up until 57th
Old 03-26-2015, 04:02 AM   #12025
RS controls my life!

Happened earlier tonight. Time stamp is wrong, should say 26 Mar 2015. Around 11:45pm

Action really within the first 30 seconds. But you can watch the rest if you want to hear the whole 911 call. Call starts at 1:58

I know I broke a few laws doing this, dont need a lecture from anyone. Wouldn't have done this if it wasnt in late in the night, there were lots of cars on the road, or I felt it would be too dangerous to continue.

Last edited by SolidPenguin; 03-26-2015 at 11:16 AM.