REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 07-15-2015, 07:52 PM   #13076
this is the hardest n***a of all time

Thanked 4,417 Times in 1,774 Posts
fuck it, why even bother trying to park amirite

Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

Old 07-15-2015, 08:22 PM   #13077
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
i dont get the end ^ ?
The cop saw it all happen, he turned around in that gas station you see to the left, and ripped it back up the street. I can only imagine to try and catch the dude.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
Old 07-15-2015, 08:34 PM   #13078
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,528 Times in 309 Posts
that seems awfully far away from where it happened for him to make the u-turn. hopefully he caught him though
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2015, 08:40 PM   #13079

Thanked 6,742 Times in 2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
that seems awfully far away from where it happened for him to make the u-turn. hopefully he caught him though
Not sure. I got an email back from RCMP saying there was an open case, and they will be in touch with me.

The guy in the car next to me said he was going to report the incident when he got home. I can only imagine him having to change his shorts before making that call.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
Old 07-15-2015, 09:04 PM   #13080
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,943 Times in 873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post

That MUST be some sort of mechanical failure.

As fucking terrible as Richmond drivers are, that is so far beyond the realm of even remotely understandable that I refuse to acknowledge that there is an actual human being capable of operating a car, but not knowing that you can't park like that.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:20 PM   #13081
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post

As fucking terrible as Richmond drivers are, that is so far beyond the realm of even remotely understandable that I refuse to acknowledge that there is an actual human being capable of operating a car, but not knowing that you can't park like that.
that or stolen... i bet stolen
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
Old 07-15-2015, 10:22 PM   #13082
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,450 Times in 357 Posts
I come across this while going to my parents house... (note: there was no driver in the car, they took off)

and then driving back home 5mins later at the end of this street where the flipped car was... must be related incident!

Old 07-15-2015, 11:50 PM   #13083
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,274 Times in 905 Posts
Quote:

Then you must be living in your own world.. there are tons of accidents where people crashed into builds, like the 7-11 on 3road, the banks, more recently, the cars at Oak mall (car wash )... the UBC stairs.. lol...
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2015, 12:00 AM   #13084
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:

No. Some people are just incompetent at driving. Reminds me of the time I was 15, working at McDonald's and some lady drove her car into our building at the drive thru. She tried suing us for damages claiming our building was in her way. Needless to say she lost.

Funny thing was years later I drove by and there was another accident at the same drive thru lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2015, 09:01 AM   #13085
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,943 Times in 873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
Then you must be living in your own world.. there are tons of accidents where people crashed into builds, like the 7-11 on 3road, the banks, more recently, the cars at Oak mall (car wash )... the UBC stairs.. lol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
No. Some people are just incompetent at driving. Reminds me of the time I was 15, working at McDonald's and some lady drove her car into our building at the drive thru. She tried suing us for damages claiming our building was in her way. Needless to say she lost.

Funny thing was years later I drove by and there was another accident at the same drive thru lol.
No, no guys, shitty driving is one thing (driving down stairs, into buildings, etc.) - but there is no way she (prejudiced, I know) PARKED like that and just left.

That's not a driving ability issue, it's a stupidity issue. And I refuse to believe there are people THAT stupid, even in Richmond.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:33 AM   #13086
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...38&oe=560DD1FD
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...message_bubble

This is what the owner replied on the fb group:

Quote:
The, the poly-v belt of the vehicle broke and it lost all it's power steering and electrical assist abilities. The vehicle could not be shifted to neutral to be pushed. Was it an ideal situation to have the vehicle break down at that situation? No, but there was still an opening to the parkade which is better than leaving the inoperable vehicle in the middle of the intersection.
and his response to the person who submitted the pic to the fb group:

Quote:
Hi Olivia,

The caption to the photo you posted on the Richmond Learns to Park is completely inaccurate and unfair. In fact, it is defamatory and slanderous.

The, the poly-v belt of the vehicle broke and it lost all it's power steering and electrical assist abilities. The vehicle could not be shifted to neutral to be pushed.

I think we can all agree that it was not an ideal situation to have the vehicle break down in the middle of the intersection, but the vehicle was moved over to the side to its ability (considering the steering was extremely inhibited). The mall parkade entrance was not completely blocked and there were mall security personnel guiding vehicles into the parkade. While the situation was not ideal, it is better than leaving the vehicle in the middle of the intersection, posing even more of a hazard to other road users.

I do not think you should have made unjust assumptions and to have posted such a photo to a public page. By doing so, you have violated the Libel and Slander Act (Chapter 263) with your defamatory and libellous caption.

You can remedy the situation by doing the following steps.
1) Editing your caption of the photo you posted on the Richmond Learns to Park page to one which explains the situation at hand of the vehicle malfunctioning.
2) Message the admin of the Richmond Learns to Park page to remove such photo.

I hope you can cooperate with me as I do not want to seek further litigation.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2015, 11:04 AM   #13087

HAHA! I guess it's really not a common knowledge that you can pop it into neutral by using a flathead on the shifter's bypass thing.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-16-2015, 11:20 AM   #13088
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,307 Times in 670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerion View Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...message_bubble

dat st georges attitude

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[26-06, 19:29] Mr.Stubbz too big for meeeee

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2015, 11:24 AM   #13089

Thanked 1,820 Times in 607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx042003 View Post
HAHA! I guess it's really not a common knowledge that you can pop it into neutral by using a flathead on the shifter's bypass thing.
2nd gen ML doesn't have a bypass switch for shifting, its all electronic. Assuming he lost all electrical power, thus would be unable to shift into N.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2015, 12:22 PM   #13090
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

what probably happened was the serpentine belt, not poly-v belt broke and a bunch of lights on the dash came up but being a chinese driver in richmond, he was oblivious to his surroundings and his dash lights and just kept driving till his car died
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2015, 12:42 PM   #13091
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post

dat st georges attitude
This response to his post on Facebook is correct. Herman might be book smart but not street smart
Quote:
Honestly you should have kept quiet. Youre creating way more issues for yourself claiming that this a personal attack on your family. Theres no licence plate, and no discernible faces. This could be anyones car so you dont have much grounds under that act. People come to this page to make fun of richmond drivers, just let them have that and move on. If you try to bring out all the legal shit youre just gonna look like the bad guy twice over.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:44 PM   #13092
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,227 Times in 831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerion View Post
WOW. What the heck it wrong with people?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 07-16-2015, 01:13 PM   #13093
RS controls my life!

lol first: laughing at his car mishap. then: just laughing at him...

feel bad for the culturally unaware st. georges kid.. hate to say it, but i'd hate to be his friend hahaha. money clearly can't buy personality
Old 07-16-2015, 01:59 PM   #13094
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

is that a selfie pic with his teacher?
Old 07-16-2015, 02:07 PM   #13095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
2nd gen ML doesn't have a bypass switch for shifting, its all electronic. Assuming he lost all electrical power, thus would be unable to shift into N.
Oh..didn't know that great design by Merc engineers
Old 07-16-2015, 02:49 PM   #13096
ZN6

Thanked 1,120 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ree666 View Post
is that a selfie pic with his teacher?
No, that's just a picture of a lady with her man.

Last edited by ZN6; 07-16-2015 at 02:57 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2015, 03:46 PM   #13097
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,872 Posts
How does a belt snapping lose you all power? Unless the idiot just kept driving til the battery completely cut out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
And this is why new cars are becoming so shitty, they seem to assume nothing will ever go wrong so you're screwed when it does. In this case I assume it would have to be dragged onto a trailer in gear to get to the garage, and then dragged off somehow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2015, 03:56 PM   #13098
ZN6

Thanked 1,120 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
How does a belt snapping lose you all power? Unless the idiot just kept driving til the battery completely cut out.

And this is why new cars are becoming so shitty, they seem to assume nothing will ever go wrong so you're screwed when it does. In this case I assume it would have to be dragged onto a trailer in gear to get to the garage, and then dragged off somehow?
Slowly the mechanical aspects of a car will diminish with electronic everything replacing it.

Audis have a electronically controlled parking brake/emergency brakes which to me is absolutely dumb; sometimes it doesn't even engage at all. Some things should be left mechanical. Way to make a problem out of something that was working fine in the first place.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2015, 04:03 PM   #13099
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 7,080 Times in 1,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post

dat st georges attitude

LOL...I attended St Georges in grade 11/12 back in 98/99 and there were so many dumb fucks when I attended that school it's not even funny. A lot of them got ahead because their parents had connections and threw money at uni's so there dumb kids could get in. I can't imagine what sort of idiots attend that school now.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:04 PM   #13100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
LOL...I attended St Georges in grade 11/12 back in 98/99 and there were so many dumb fucks when I attended that school it's not even funny. A lot of them got ahead because their parents had connections and threw money at uni's so there dumb kids could get in. I can't imagine what sort of idiots attend that school now.
I hope that doesn't include you man
This post thanked by: