REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 10-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #13751
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,825 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
100%.

Exactly as you said there is a number of factors working against car2go drivers:

#1 - They are racing against a clock since you pay by minute to use the car.
#2 - They don't pay for gas, maintanance, nor do they care about the car
#3 - They are usually driven by people who don't own a car or drive all that often
#4 - if number 3 is not true then they are usually driving in an unfamiliar location (AKA tourists)

Either way steer clear of Car2Go's
Ouch, i'm a little offended. Lol.

I use car2go when i have my nightclasses downtown. I actually drive that car ultra paranoid cus i don't wanna get dinged. And because the drive never takes more than 5 minutes i've never had to rush.

Not gonna lie, i did rip it the first time i got on just to see how fast the little things would accelerate.

Hahah but i know what you mean, i've had someone try to race me in another car2go before.
Advertisement
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 10-09-2015, 07:59 PM   #13752
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2015, 02:50 AM   #13753
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 4,292 Times in 368 Posts
Not local but:

Absolutely hate people who can't suck up a wrongful turn. They'd rather risk lives than take some time to coordinate a safe turn around. Fuckers.

Driver fled and has been identified.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #13754
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Not local but it would of been scary watching your friend or buddy being run over.

Quote:
Rider is fine, outside of a concussion and feeling like he "got hit by Clay Mathews." I do not know this person, but is a friend of a friend off of FB. From the original post: "The person that hit him came back with her parents since she didn't know what to do. I am not mad at her because she made a mistake sadly we were in the wrong place at the wrong time. She was a minor and had just gotten her license."
Old 10-11-2015, 06:08 PM   #13755
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

^^^ that was hard to watch. Glad the rider is OK.

If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter side down, what would happen if you strapped burnt toast to the back of a cat and dropped it?
Old 10-11-2015, 10:33 PM   #13756
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 5,396 Times in 1,456 Posts
Holy shit. 10/10 that would be my exact reaction as well.

Glad to hear everyone was okay and that the person driving returned to the scene.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:37 PM   #13757
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Mint mentos: 8/10

Fruity mentos: 8/10

Mint mentos with rice: 6/10

Fruity mentos with rice: 7/10

Thank you for your suggestion.

Last edited by Lord Xenu; 04-10-2016 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:10 AM   #13758

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Holy shit. 10/10 that would be my exact reaction as well.

Glad to hear everyone was okay and that the person driving returned to the scene.
Apparently the driver just kept driving away, only to return after she went home and her parents made her come back to the scene.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:11 AM   #13759
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehook View Post
Not local but it would of been scary watching your friend or buddy being run over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeTl...ature=youtu.be
Glad everyone's okay! Not quite sure how running a clearly red light is acceptable in the grand scheme of things. Not knowing how to deal with an accident - maybe, but still not quite
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2015, 10:25 AM   #13760

Thanked 6,462 Times in 1,712 Posts
I can accept someone young fleeing from a scene, like Jesse did when he ran away from race wars when he lost pinks to his dad's Jetta. But that is still seriously not okay when you (80% chance) just fucking killed someone. Shouldn't need parents to MAKE YOU go back
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2015, 10:35 AM   #13761
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Some drivers don't even know they have signals on their vehicle and this one just don't know how to use them!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #13762
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,666 Times in 355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impreza View Post
https://youtu.be/gnC3DSuonrA

Some drivers don't even know they have signals on their vehicle and this one just don't know how to use them!
guy probably just got that car and figuring out the three flasher thing
Old 10-12-2015, 03:10 PM   #13763
ZN6
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,132 Times in 398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impreza View Post
https://youtu.be/gnC3DSuonrA

To be honest, I didn't know how the signal lights worked on my friend's BMW years and years ago when I first got in.

When the signal light turns on when you move it down I was accustomed to it being on until I turn it off. I didn't know it was for a lane change signal and you have to pull down further to get it to stay on. I didn't know it automatically turns off so I hit the switch the other way and it signals the other way.

I can see why the driver was confused.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:33 PM   #13764
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,435 Times in 848 Posts
Reminds me the first time i drove an X1 with the funky BMW signals. Signalled but couldnt figure out how to cancel it, stupid BMW decided it was a good idea to make the stalk go back to center after a signal and only then a half click the other way would make it cancel.
Drove around like that guy blinking left and right till i turned into an alley to cancel it

Edit: to add more content

Saw this on RFD. Everyone on RFD tends to be an expert at everything. In this case all the experts have determined the accident to be partially OP's fault. Imo its the other car thats at fault 100% since OP had right of way even though he made a wide turn.

Last edited by LP700-4; 10-12-2015 at 03:43 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2015, 03:49 PM   #13765

Thanked 6,462 Times in 1,712 Posts
Both at fault. Left turner didn't stay in his lane. And right turner should have yielded since he is on a red light, but would have been okay if both people stayed in their lane.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2015, 04:43 PM   #13766
MOD

Thanked 6,658 Times in 1,721 Posts
good old coquitlam

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 10-12-2015, 05:10 PM   #13767
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,185 Times in 1,977 Posts
Yup. 50/50.

Left turner must go into the lane closest to the center of the road. Someone turning right must go into the lane closest to the curb. Looks like the OP did a wide turn into the curb lane, which is a no-no.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2015, 05:18 PM   #13768
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,131 Times in 346 Posts
can the left turner argue, the right turner has to do a full stop at the red light before proceeding?
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2015, 05:22 PM   #13769
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts
I think it should be 100% right turner's fault. Or maybe 75/25.

Too lazy to search for it, but iirc,
The MVA states that right turners MUST stay in the lane closest to the curb,
HOWEVER, left turners are not forced to stay in the lane closest to the centre line.

Also, the right turner technically ran a red light.

-2011 BMW E92 335i- Current
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible- SOLD
Old 10-12-2015, 05:27 PM   #13770
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,435 Times in 848 Posts
I dunno bout you guys but I'd argue that the right turn on red has to yield to ALL traffic, including the left turner even if they decide to turn into the wrong lane. Yes the OP is wrong for swinging wide, but the collision wouldn't have happened if the other car yielded to the right of way?
Old 10-12-2015, 06:00 PM   #13771

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
I think it should be 100% right turner's fault. Or maybe 75/25.

Too lazy to search for it, but iirc,
The MVA states that right turners MUST stay in the lane closest to the curb,
HOWEVER, left turners are not forced to stay in the lane closest to the centre line.

Also, the right turner technically ran a red light.
You are correct. Left turners ARE NOT required to stay in the left most lane or the lane they come from WHILST the right turners are REQUIRED TO STAY in their own lanes...

Its much like how people think changing lanes in a intersection is illegal and most people will say it is...

And to boot, not only did he not yield to the red light but slowed down and rolled through it too!

at most i would say 90/10 with fault at red light

Quote:
Turning at intersections
165 (1) If the driver of a vehicle intends to turn it to the right at an intersection, the driver must cause it to approach the intersection and then make the turn as close as practicable to the right hand curb or edge of the roadway.

(2) When the driver of a vehicle intends to turn it to the left at an intersection where traffic is permitted to move in both directions on each highway entering the intersection, the driver must
(a) cause the vehicle to approach the intersection in the portion of the right side of the roadway that is nearest the marked centre line, or if there is no marked centre line, then as far as practicable in the portion of the right half of the roadway that is nearest the centre line,
(b) keep the vehicle to the right of the marked centre line or centre line of the roadway, as the case may be, at the place the highway enters the intersection,
(c) after entering the intersection, turn the vehicle to the left so that it leaves the intersection to the right of the marked centre line of the roadway being entered, or if there is no marked centre line then to the right of the centre line of the roadway being entered, and,
(d) when practicable, turn the vehicle in the portion of the intersection to the left of the centre of the intersection.
(3) When the driver of a vehicle intends to turn the vehicle left at an intersection where traffic is restricted to one direction on one or more of the highways, the driver must cause the vehicle to approach the intersection in the extreme left hand lane available to traffic moving in the direction of travel of the vehicle, and after entering the intersection turn the vehicle to the left so as to leave the intersection as nearly as practicable in the left hand lane available to traffic moving in the direction of travel of the vehicle on the highway being entered.
(4) If at an intersection there is a traffic control device indicating the course to be travelled by vehicles turning at the intersection, a driver must turn a vehicle at the intersection in the manner directed by the traffic control device.
(5) A person must not turn a vehicle at an intersection unless it is in the position on the highway required by this section.
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #13772
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
To be honest, I didn't know how the signal lights worked on my friend's BMW years and years ago when I first got in.

When the signal light turns on when you move it down I was accustomed to it being on until I turn it off. I didn't know it was for a lane change signal and you have to pull down further to get it to stay on. I didn't know it automatically turns off so I hit the switch the other way and it signals the other way.

I can see why the driver was confused.
Yes BMW signal switch are different but are actually really nice. If you click it a little it blinks a few time then cancel. This is ideal for lane change that don't require a lot of steering wheel turn to cancel. But that is just a regular Mazda, which is the same as any vehicle. Plus how would one person get the left and right wrong? Not like the direction is different on different cars.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:08 PM   #13773
RS controls my life!

watch till the end. .. .
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #13774

Fuck yeah! Ladas ftw
Old 10-12-2015, 07:54 PM   #13775
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,947 Times in 977 Posts
Spoiler!

This really grinds my gears. People need to show more respect to an 80,000lbs+ machine. Had some lady cut in front of me out of a side street in North Van the other day. Had I not been quick with my feet she would've tasted the grill of my POS Freightliner, and the weight of a 50k lbs drill on the trailer.