REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2016, 12:25 PM   #14476
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 315
Thanked 77 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
^It is legal in California, and incident above happened in SF.
I see. Still gives me the chills watching as he passes by those car at that speed.
Advertisement
Impreza is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2016, 02:46 PM   #14477
My homepage has been set to RS
 
tool001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,214
Thanked 810 Times in 274 Posts
as a rider i'd be afraid of lane splitting knowing how randomly people change lanes without (enough) indication specially in vancouver/richmond
tool001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 05:42 PM   #14478
I don't get it
 
entrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 437
Thanked 559 Times in 142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post
as a rider i'd be afraid of lane splitting knowing how randomly people change lanes without (enough) indication specially in vancouver/richmond
was in LA on the 405, pretty busy traffic, but consistently 60mph, and I got passed by bikes lane splitting any of the 6 possible lanes going some 70mph. soooooo fucking scary. legal, but scary

Last edited by entrax; 01-27-2016 at 06:10 PM.
entrax is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2016, 05:45 PM   #14479
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 4,290
Thanked 6,462 Times in 1,712 Posts
Not sure about Cali specifically but usually lane splitting is only permitted if the entirety of traffic is going under a certain speed (say 35mph)
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/4PRtABe.gif
320icar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:54 PM   #14480
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
matrixfwd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 857
Thanked 321 Times in 77 Posts
What happens when a Soccer Mom in Rav4 tries to bud ahead in HOV lane:
matrixfwd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:11 PM   #14481
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
donjalapeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Guadalajara
Posts: 4,350
Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrax View Post
was in LA on the 405, pretty busy traffic, but consistently 60mph, and I got passed by bikes lane splitting any of the 6 possible lanes going some 70mph. soooooo fucking scary. legal, but scary
I love the driving in LA. Wish Vancouver could learn a thing or two from them. Everyone is sharp and aggressive and know what they're doing. You rarely see drivers not knowing what the fuck is going on. Majority of drivers follow the laws (even though you barely see any patrol cars on the roads, and when you do they're parked on the side of the road eating donuts) and they know how to merge and aggressively but safely change lanes in order to take a exit.

I loved it. Its a bit more stressful but much more hands on and in many cases accident free. I go through so many close calls on my commute in Vancouver, its scary.
donjalapeno is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2016, 09:04 PM   #14482
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
Lord Xenu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 42
Thanked 124 Times in 29 Posts
Mint mentos: 8/10

Fruity mentos: 8/10

Mint mentos with rice: 6/10

Fruity mentos with rice: 7/10

Thank you for your suggestion.

Last edited by Lord Xenu; 04-10-2016 at 12:27 AM.
Lord Xenu is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-27-2016, 09:04 PM   #14483
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 15,064
Thanked 4,991 Times in 1,989 Posts
China Airlines 747 airplane gets stuck in mud at YVR - British Columbia - CBC News

CA has some spotty track record

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego..._and_incidents
__________________
My BST Feedback
twitchyzero is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:37 PM   #14484
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 26,825
Thanked 6,603 Times in 2,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by is350 View Post
Sometimes even if you don't hog the left lane and just use it for temporary passing, there is gonna be some idiot tailgating you. Both of them deserved it. Never get the mentality of tailgating someone, you won't make the car in front of you drive faster, instead he may brake check. Just leave a good distance even if he's hogging that lane.
if you're only using the left lane for "temporary passing" and somone is already on your ass, you either timed it poorly or are taking too long.
__________________
Canucks - ftw!
Hondaracer is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2016, 10:10 PM   #14485
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
xXSupa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,392
Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjalapeno View Post
I love the driving in LA. Wish Vancouver could learn a thing or two from them. Everyone is sharp and aggressive and know what they're doing. You rarely see drivers not knowing what the fuck is going on. Majority of drivers follow the laws (even though you barely see any patrol cars on the roads, and when you do they're parked on the side of the road eating donuts) and they know how to merge and aggressively but safely change lanes in order to take a exit.

I loved it. Its a bit more stressful but much more hands on and in many cases accident free. I go through so many close calls on my commute in Vancouver, its scary.
I have to agree. Everyone is bumper to bumper in terms of aggressiveness, but everyone is competent and knows what they're doing. Doesn't necessarily mean they're assholes, but if you want to keep up, you need to be aggressive as well. I think part of it has to do with the fact that there's a better highway system there, and everyone is comfortable driving on the highway.

As for the "Worst Drivers" video, you can tell that most of those mistakes aren't a competency issue, just over-aggressiveness. Vancouver on the other hand... I'm sure I don't need to go into detail.. LOL
__________________
oOoOooOOo what does this space do

-2011 BMW E92 335i- Current
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible- SOLD
xXSupa is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2016, 10:22 PM   #14486
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
Jmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Duncan, BC
Posts: 7,362
Thanked 3,291 Times in 1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
This was apparently due to a medical condition.
Jmac is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:51 PM   #14487
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WEST VAN
Posts: 498
Thanked 683 Times in 127 Posts
putting this guy on blast for hit and running a friends car.

description according to friend
"This ‪#‎douchebag‬ cut into me from the side of a single lane traffic (west bound on E57 Ave heading twds Knight St). When i noticed his car, his driver window was like 5" away from my passenger window & i knew it was too late. He didn't even bother stopping, & still tried to cut in. First thing he said was: "what are you doing?! Why didn't you let me in?" I told him i dunt speak Mandarin and it's his fault for cutting in. The fucker tried to argue with me & i said i dunt give a shit & will go to ICBC because i have witness, witness will send me pics, and i have these pics. I asked for his DL, he fashed it to me for 1 sec, refused to let me take a pic of it. The bastard said let's get to the side of the road & deal with it. So i moved off to the side..... and HE FUCKING DROVE OFF."


pb.kidz is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2016, 12:05 AM   #14488
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2,550
Thanked 3,951 Times in 876 Posts
Your friend found the poorest Chinese person in Vancouver!!
Spoiler!
inv4zn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:06 AM   #14489
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Gululu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Shaughnessy
Posts: 564
Thanked 755 Times in 209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Your friend found the poorest Chinese person in Vancouver!!
Spoiler!
its a rental vehicle
Gululu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:43 AM   #14490
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
kkthind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: BC
Posts: 1,076
Thanked 2,666 Times in 355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
its a rental vehicle
Pontiac as a rental?

You can still get Pontiac as rental cars?

My mind is officially blown

__________________
Girl, I jus' wanna watch some Bob Ross witchu
kkthind is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:10 AM   #14491
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Kamloops / NY
Posts: 22,415
Thanked 6,167 Times in 1,971 Posts
Nope, not a rental.

Maaaaybe a loaner from, say, an autobody shop, but rental companies don't deal with Pontiac anymore...

Lomac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:20 AM   #14492
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,673
Thanked 12,094 Times in 3,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
its a rental vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkthind View Post
Pontiac as a rental?

You can still get Pontiac as rental cars?

My mind is officially blown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Nope, not a rental.

Maaaaybe a loaner from, say, an autobody shop, but rental companies don't deal with Pontiac anymore...

You know you're in a car forum when....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #14493
this is the hardest n***a of all time
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,492
Thanked 4,444 Times in 1,780 Posts
my dad owned a pontiac
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/611711-glow-1-0-0-a.html

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2016, 01:58 PM   #14494
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,438
Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
Any update on the China Pontiac? With a license plate and a face, it shouldn't be too difficult for ICBC.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:05 PM   #14495
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 4,290
Thanked 6,462 Times in 1,712 Posts
Uhm, no offence but the way you're friend wrote the description makes him sound like an idiot. So your friend can't speak mandarin but knew exactly what the other guy was saying? And calling him a HASHTAG douchebag is not the way to give a description of the scene.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/4PRtABe.gif
320icar is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-28-2016, 03:43 PM   #14496
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: vancouver
Posts: 14
Thanked 50 Times in 9 Posts
Had a stare down with the c-lai at the end of the clip.

rwong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:05 PM   #14497
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,286
Thanked 5,396 Times in 1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb.kidz View Post
putting this guy on blast for hit and running a friends car.

description according to friend
"This ‪#‎douchebag‬ cut into me from the side of a single lane traffic (west bound on E57 Ave heading twds Knight St). When i noticed his car, his driver window was like 5" away from my passenger window & i knew it was too late. He didn't even bother stopping, & still tried to cut in. First thing he said was: "what are you doing?! Why didn't you let me in?" I told him i dunt speak Mandarin and it's his fault for cutting in. The fucker tried to argue with me & i said i dunt give a shit & will go to ICBC because i have witness, witness will send me pics, and i have these pics. I asked for his DL, he fashed it to me for 1 sec, refused to let me take a pic of it. The bastard said let's get to the side of the road & deal with it. So i moved off to the side..... and HE FUCKING DROVE OFF."

Spoiler!
I read this and I just couldn't help thinking "man, this story would have been so much better if there was an accompanying dashcam recording of it"
CRS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:09 PM   #14498
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WEST VAN
Posts: 498
Thanked 683 Times in 127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Any update on the China Pontiac? With a license plate and a face, it shouldn't be too difficult for ICBC.
The guy contacted her through Facebook and they are dealing with it now lol
pb.kidz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:25 PM   #14499
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,467
Thanked 1,486 Times in 408 Posts
did i miss something? how did he end up finding her on fb?
__________________
(_)
( _)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
SoNaRWaVe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:49 PM   #14500
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Galactic_Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 891
Thanked 1,036 Times in 270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
its a rental vehicle
Try harder, retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
did i miss something? how did he end up finding her on fb?
Mutual friend saw post on fb and directed china guy to her? She gave info to the guy but the guy booked it before she got his info?
Galactic_Phantom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net