REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #1451
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
EvoFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 645
Thanked 170 Times in 82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-40six View Post
not shitty driver, but guy on his bike was going a little too fast for the conditions


Biker bails on knight st - YouTube
I was expecting a motorcycle, and I laughed when he almost fell, then lol'ed when he bailed. Funnier still was he was going faster than you.

Also is that a baby carriage he's towing behind? Was there a baby?

And yes, good music!
Advertisement
EvoFire is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #1452
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
AW607's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,006
Thanked 1,281 Times in 196 Posts
Not really about shitty driving, but just something to write about

Driving down No. 3 Road earlier tonight at around 10, after picking up my girlfriend from the Canadaline station. After going through the intersection of 3 and Alderbridge towards Lansdowne, I pass an unmarked cop car going the opposite direction, which then the cop turns on his flashers for a couple seconds, U-turns and tailgates me for about half a block. After tailgating me for about 20 seconds he just buggers off and makes another U-turn, continuing his original route.

Things like these always make me pretty nervous, but all that just to probably run my plates and carry on to his regularly scheduled programming?
AW607 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:35 AM   #1453
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005
 
TOPEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,856
Thanked 2,075 Times in 592 Posts
its possible theyre looking for someone with a similar car as urs in the area
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
I had some girl come into the busser station the other day trying to make out with every staff member and then pull down her pants and asked for someone to stick a dick in her (at least she shaved).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #1454
My homepage has been set to RS
 
yray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PENIS
Posts: 2,431
Thanked 2,307 Times in 670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW607 View Post
Not really about shitty driving, but just something to write about

Things like these always make me pretty nervous, but all that just to probably run my plates and carry on to his regularly scheduled programming?
sometimes cops just want to make a quick buck if you go over the speed limit. Was going down Cessna dr 60ish, downshifting to slow down , cop uturns and tailgates me all the way to airport mcdicks. I just put cruise control to 60 .
yray is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:31 AM   #1455
My homepage has been set to RS
 
goo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Van
Posts: 2,050
Thanked 192 Times in 118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordpoop View Post
It's common courtesy. If you're not making a left turn anytime soon then keep right and let other people who wants to pass you pass you.
I'll agree that it would be an asshole move to hog the left lane if you're going 50 or 60. But don't you think it's a bigger asshole move to tail gate someone because you want to race through the city at 80 or 90? You can't say "be courteous" just so you can then proceed to drive like an ass LOL.

Like it or not, city streets have different rules. I don't have a problem with ppl going 80 if they pick their spots. But it's concerning that ppl just assume they have to right kick others out of the way so they can speed more.
goo3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #1456
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Van, BC/Sea, WA
Posts: 169
Thanked 54 Times in 20 Posts
There are certain rules about the left lane in particular and depending on the road and situation where the police could issue a ticket to the one who is holding up the left lane.

Impeding the flow of traffic is the violation. If there are several cars behind that want to go you and you're holding the left lane, not letting them pass and not pulling to the right where they are opportunities to move over to the right. This is assuming you're at safe speeds.

Last edited by Sango; 06-23-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Sango is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #1457
The Brown Reason
 
BrRsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Whalley
Posts: 4,582
Thanked 5,838 Times in 1,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyboy View Post
Almost had an accident today between 11:38am-11:40am....going down on King George BLVD heading to Pattullo bridge. Fcuking INDIAN guy in a Charger Srt. Shows off reving engine on Intersection, cut's off cars..Tries to merge in out and accelerates to the point right in front of me just when i was hitting the brakes to stop..almost collided with his rear bumper but good thing i got the dash cam just in case...fcuking retard!!!

To the Punjabi With the black Charger...Were not in India, so stop acting like you have the power to cut people off and reving like a douche...
sorry bro just testing out my new exhaust. I had my buddies in the back n they wanted to hear the roar of my v8 u kno how it is guy lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
fuck this shit, i'm out
BrRsn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #1458
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
accordpoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: vancity
Posts: 198
Thanked 186 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goo3 View Post
I'll agree that it would be an asshole move to hog the left lane if you're going 50 or 60. But don't you think it's a bigger asshole move to tail gate someone because you want to race through the city at 80 or 90? You can't say "be courteous" just so you can then proceed to drive like an ass LOL.

Like it or not, city streets have different rules. I don't have a problem with ppl going 80 if they pick their spots. But it's concerning that ppl just assume they have to right kick others out of the way so they can speed more.
Yes I agree that there are douchebags driving around town driving too agressively, the original post said he was already driving 70 in a 50 so what makes the guy behind him that wants to go 75 an asshole? If there other cars behind the escalade that wants to go pass the guy in front of the escalade then who's the asshole now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sango View Post
There are certain rules about the left lane in particular and depending on the road and situation where the police could issue a ticket to the one who is holding up the left lane.

Impeding the flow of traffic is the violation. If there are several cars behind that want to go you and you're holding the left lane, not letting them pass and not pulling to the right where they are opportunities to move over to the right. This is assuming you're at safe speeds.
This! You have to go with the flow of traffic or pull to the right. Highway or city. If the MAXIMUM speed LIMIT is 50kph then is it ok to go 30kph and Hold up traffic behind you since 50kph is the maximum speed limit? It's not our job to enforce the speed limit. Traffic would flow alot better If we use courtesy on the road instead of being MR IM GOIN SPEED LIMIT so I'm not moving to the right lane.
accordpoop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:31 AM   #1459
My homepage has been set to RS
 
goo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Van
Posts: 2,050
Thanked 192 Times in 118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordpoop View Post
Yes I agree that there are douchebags driving around town driving too agressively, the original post said he was already driving 70 in a 50 so what makes the guy behind him that wants to go 75 an asshole? If there other cars behind the escalade that wants to go pass the guy in front of the escalade then who's the asshole now?
.
Why would you tailgate someone for 5 km/h?

LOL, imagine someone runs up on your ass and you move over. They pass and you watch them go a little faster than you.

You obviously tailgate cuz you wanna go a lot faster. Common courtesy in this case would be to wait your turn on the road for a chance to pass and not tailgate someone for only going 70 in a 50. Otherwise, you're putting someone else in a dangerous position because you want to own the road. There comes a point when tailgating becomes kind of dangerous - 70km/h in the city is about that point.

You can't turn it around and say everyone else should have common courtesy just for you. You have to give courtesy as well!

I can see how your line of thinking can apply in some situations, eg roads with lots of space, almost like a highway. But for the most part, I think you're wrong about this.
goo3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #1460
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
4nik8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Surrey
Posts: 92
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Was Sitting at home when I heard a loud ass rotary go flying down my street followed by loud metal scraping noises. When I looked out my window I seen a Black FC I think convertible. trying to start because he was parked on someone's front lawn. I ran out side to get plate number but he got it running a sped away. He took out a bus stop sign and tore up the lawn pretty bad. corner of 84 and 150th st. he broke is side mirror and i would imagine there is a decent dent in the side of his car form the pole.
4nik8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 03:09 AM   #1461
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Krovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Richmond, BC
Posts: 135
Thanked 181 Times in 26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nik8 View Post
Was Sitting at home when I heard a loud ass rotary go flying down my street followed by loud metal scraping noises. When I looked out my window I seen a Black FC I think convertible. trying to start because he was parked on someone's front lawn. I ran out side to get plate number but he got it running a sped away. He took out a bus stop sign and tore up the lawn pretty bad. corner of 84 and 150th st. he broke is side mirror and i would imagine there is a decent dent in the side of his car form the pole.
Dafuqqqq.
Krovi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #1462
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
FerrariEnzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: somewhere
Posts: 7,442
Thanked 2,274 Times in 905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-40six View Post
Spoiler!
damn.. i wouldnt want to cut you off!!
__________________
My Buy&Sell Feedback, Thanx
FerrariEnzo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #1463
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
accordpoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: vancity
Posts: 198
Thanked 186 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goo3 View Post
Why would you tailgate someone for 5 km/h?

LOL, imagine someone runs up on your ass and you move over. They pass and you watch them go a little faster than you.

You obviously tailgate cuz you wanna go a lot faster. Common courtesy in this case would be to wait your turn on the road for a chance to pass and not tailgate someone for only going 70 in a 50. Otherwise, you're putting someone else in a dangerous position because you want to own the road. There comes a point when tailgating becomes kind of dangerous - 70km/h in the city is about that point.

You can't turn it around and say everyone else should have common courtesy just for you. You have to give courtesy as well!

I can see how your line of thinking can apply in some situations, eg roads with lots of space, almost like a highway. But for the most part, I think you're wrong about this.
Im not condoning reckless driving, im just an advocate of good traffic flow in the city. If you say 70 is ok in 50 then you're just contradicting yourself. Everybody speeds a little and if you're just staying in the left lane while holding up traffic behind you then just simply move over and your life can just move on. "let ye who has not sinned cast the 1st stone"
accordpoop is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #1464
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Van, BC/Sea, WA
Posts: 169
Thanked 54 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordpoop View Post
This! You have to go with the flow of traffic or pull to the right. Highway or city. If the MAXIMUM speed LIMIT is 50kph then is it ok to go 30kph and Hold up traffic behind you since 50kph is the maximum speed limit? It's not our job to enforce the speed limit. Traffic would flow alot better If we use courtesy on the road instead of being MR IM GOIN SPEED LIMIT so I'm not moving to the right lane.
Go with the flow of traffic is going at the appropriate speeds according to how the traffic is flowing in the lane. If not, it could cause an accident to the unexpected because of the unexpected speed.

I'm not sure what situation you're assuming 30 kph in a 50 kph. If it's the condition is not permitting and too dangerous to go at maximum speed limit, then this is a different story.

The situation I'm saying is this which can potentially can get a ticket:
- At speed or below the speed limit
- There is a clear path in front of you (cars in front are good to far distance away as they are pulling away because they are going faster).
- Plenty of opportunities to move over to the slower lane, but did not move over.

The violation is actually seen more on a 2 lane road, where lead car is going slower than the speed limit and holding cars up. My friend has told me has seen a cop exactly pull someone over years ago for doing that on a 2 lane road. Friend was driving, and was a few cars behind the lead car which was going slow and no cars were in front of it. There was a police car happen to end up behind him and after being behind him for about a minute or so, the police puts the orange flashers to get my friend and other drivers in front to move to the shoulder, which they did. Once the police got up to the lead car and turned on the main flashers and pulled the car over. With the lead car out of the way, the cars were traveling at speed or faster after that.

Last edited by Sango; 06-24-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Sango is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #1465
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
accordpoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: vancity
Posts: 198
Thanked 186 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sango View Post
Go with the flow of traffic is going at the appropriate speeds according to how the traffic is flowing in the lane.

I'm not sure what situation you're assuming 30 kph in a 50 kph. If it's the condition is not permitting and too dangerous to go at maximum speed limit, then this is a different story.
I'm not talking about Bumper to bumper traffic. Original post didn't say anything about how he couldn't go faster and pull to the right lane because there is another car in front of him. He just said he shouldn't move because he was going 70. Every situation is different.

Maximum speed is the fastest you can go legally. So if it's clear roads on a 2 lane street and 2 cars are both going 20 under the speed limit side by side impeding traffic behind them, then technically they are right since they are going 20 under the maximum speed limit?? emphasizing maximum.
accordpoop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #1466
VAC Head Rotang Mod
 
Raid3n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PoCo
Posts: 10,268
Thanked 1,078 Times in 476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordpoop View Post
I'm not talking about Bumper to bumper traffic. Original post didn't say anything about how he couldn't go faster and pull to the right lane because there is another car in front of him. He just said he shouldn't move because he was going 70. Every situation is different.

Maximum speed is the fastest you can go legally. So if it's clear roads on a 2 lane street and 2 cars are both going 20 under the speed limit side by side impeding traffic behind them, then technically they are right since they are going 20 under the maximum speed limit?? emphasizing maximum.
there is a law that says you may not impede the flow of traffic to prevent people from going too slow. so yes, you can get a ticket for being ridiculously under the speed limit.
__________________
1990 FC3S
1984 GSX-R 400
2001 CBR600F4i

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #1467
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
GoneGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Surrey
Posts: 502
Thanked 1,392 Times in 180 Posts
A guy chased my girlfriend down Boundary and Marine, and accused her of backing into his vehicle at a stop light (she's in an automatic, so p much impossible). Guy was obviously just trying to scam what would likely be an easy target (young female driver).

739 NEA
GoneGuru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #1468
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
yingyu_subaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: burnaby
Posts: 118
Thanked 50 Times in 25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise240 View Post
Scumbag Camry rolls right past a stop sign and stops in the middle of a lane. Crappy driving on my part as well, I didn't shoulder check and change into the next lane. Instead, just panicked and hit the brakes
2659 - YouTube
oh man, that was so closed. There was a Nissan Rogue on your left side passing you. There was no way to change line.
yingyu_subaru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #1469
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
yingyu_subaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: burnaby
Posts: 118
Thanked 50 Times in 25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneGuru View Post
A guy chased my girlfriend down Boundary and Marine, and accused her of backing into his vehicle at a stop light (she's in an automatic, so p much impossible). Guy was obviously just trying to scam what would likely be an easy target (young female driver).

739 NEA
just install another dash cam on the back window. when you got evidence, just sue him. lol
yingyu_subaru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #1470
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
E-40six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Richmond
Posts: 13,383
Thanked 1,383 Times in 256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
damn.. i wouldnt want to cut you off!!

I wish it was the same for everyone, I get cutoff so frequently its frustrating. That's why I got the blackvue to record all the idiots who feel that I can stop on a dime with my truck weighing close to 13 tonnes

heres another prime example from today.


The Camry driver cuts me off, then goes back to the lane where he came from which was a right turn only lane to only blast straight thru the intersection cutting off another car
__________________
Revscenes youngest pw with a ppd of 67.13:D
Acura Integra Type R 00-1004SOLD
223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR


My Feedback
E-40six is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #1471
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Van, BC/Sea, WA
Posts: 169
Thanked 54 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordpoop View Post
I'm not talking about Bumper to bumper traffic. Original post didn't say anything about how he couldn't go faster and pull to the right lane because there is another car in front of him. He just said he shouldn't move because he was going 70. Every situation is different.

Maximum speed is the fastest you can go legally. So if it's clear roads on a 2 lane street and 2 cars are both going 20 under the speed limit side by side impeding traffic behind them, then technically they are right since they are going 20 under the maximum speed limit?? emphasizing maximum.
I wasn't making direct reference to the OP; it was a more general rule of thumb.

70 and couldn't move mover because of no good opportunity, then would be ok. The tailgater on the other hand can be ticketed for tailgating infraction.

Last edited by Sango; 06-24-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Sango is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #1472
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
accordpoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: vancity
Posts: 198
Thanked 186 Times in 35 Posts
Well this all started because of original post so i keep refering to that situation. Of course if you can't move forward and change lane then the guy honking, flashing lights and tailgating is 100000% a douchebag, but what I'm talking about is the guys that won't get out of the way even if they can. He feels that he shouldn't get out of he way and let the cars behind him pass because he's going fast enough.
accordpoop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #1473
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river
 
EvoLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: YVR/PG
Posts: 503
Thanked 184 Times in 90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneGuru View Post
A guy chased my girlfriend down Boundary and Marine, and accused her of backing into his vehicle at a stop light (she's in an automatic, so p much impossible). Guy was obviously just trying to scam what would likely be an easy target (young female driver).

739 NEA

if he or your gf decide to take it to icbc you gf will have a higher chance to win because her explanation could be he was tailgating me for a while so i decide to break check just to make sure he was pay attention..... or he tailgated me and i had to stop at the red light/ stop sign and rear ended her.
EvoLove is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #1474
Throw yo paws in da air!
 
XplicitLuder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: State of Trance
Posts: 4,933
Thanked 2,657 Times in 912 Posts
just cus you're in your dad's cl500 doesnt mean you can cut right infront of me right after i switched into that lane (i was behind him) and then cus you werent able to you start honking at me lawl!
__________________

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
PS3 Gamertag: bmello1989

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #1475
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS
 
CP.AR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL400
Posts: 5,830
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,024 Posts
White CSX with the pig sticker on your gascap:

fucking slow the fuck down.
120km/h while tailgating + swerving makes you so cool you deserve a gold star
I hope you hit a tree and die.
__________________
My Babies:
2004 Camry Special Special Edition (Van)
1997 Mazda Eunos 500 (Oz) (Sold... obviously)
CP.AR is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net