REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 05-07-2016, 04:07 PM   #15326
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,044 Times in 630 Posts
Also in theory, the car turning right have priority and they should only move when the other has completed the turn.. However in reality... either way.. dashcam is needed to settle this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Not sure if it's an actual law, but the rule is that you're supposed to turn into the nearest lane to you.
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2016, 04:35 PM   #15327
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifun View Post
I don't want to start a new thread but I've been noticing a lot of people turning left or right and making wide turns. Either turning left and ending up in right lane, or turning right and ending up in left lane.

I want to ask RS who is in the right/wrong if a situation happens. Refer to my crappy illustration below.

Yellow Light
Situation 1: Car A makes a correct left turn, ends up in left lane; but Car B makes a wide right turn and ends up in left lane. Both cars hit.

Situation 2: Car B makes a correct right turn, ends up in right lane; but Car A makes a wide left turn and ends up in right lane. Both cars hit.

Thanks RS

Quote:
Not sure if it's an actual law, but the rule is that you're supposed to turn into the nearest lane to you.

In Situation 1: it is 50/50

Source:
This happened to my brother a few years ago. He made a left turn into the left lane, while the right turner took a wide right into the left/far lane.

Argument apparently is that my brother, being the left turner, SHOULD HAVE waited for the right turner to finish making his turn before committing to his left turn.

But the right turner is 50% at fault, as he technically shouldn't have went into the left lane.

That being said, sometimes people, (myself included), will take a wide right or left turn if it is ABSOLUTELY SAFE/CLEAR to do so, and/or I need to make a immediate right or left turn soon (short road). I've seen police officers do this, and people doing this in front of police cars with no consequence. So, I'm not sure if it is "illegal" or not, but definitely isn't good if it causes an accident as a result.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2016, 04:49 PM   #15328

Thanked 5,295 Times in 2,032 Posts
Quote:
I believe its:

left turn = turn directly into left lane
right turn = turn directly into right lane

However I am guilty of making right turns directly into the left lane (and im sure many others do so as well)

I remember a time I was turning right directly into right lane, signal changed to left and the corolla behind me who right turned directly into the left lane laid the horn on me for doing so
Old 05-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #15329
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts
I'm too lazy to find the exact sections in the MVA, but this is what I know:

- When making a right turn, the driver must turn from the lane closest to the curb, INTO the lane closest to the curb after the turn. Meaning you must stay in your curb lane.

- When making a left turn, the driver must turn onto the right side of the centre line/divider. Note that it does NOT say you must turn into the lane closest to the centre line/divider, it only says "to the right." Some ambiguity here, does this mean we can turn left into either lane?

In the scenario you drew out with the yellow light, the right turner has the right of way IF they cannot safely stop for the red light (keep in mind a yellow is treated like a red light if you can safely stop). However, if they CAN safely stop, then they must yield to the left turner because the left turner entered the intersection before the right turner.

In the case of a green light, the right turner has the right of way ONLY for the curb lane. If the right turner turns wide and hits a car turning left, into the left lane, then the right turner will definitely be at fault as well. However, if the right turner turned into the curb lane and the left turner goes wide, then the left turner is 100% at fault.

-2011 BMW E92 335i- Current
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible- SOLD
Old 05-07-2016, 05:07 PM   #15330
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Happened a few weeks ago. I heard a huge scraping sound then saw the mustang on the little island lol

This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2016, 05:25 PM   #15331
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,632 Times in 271 Posts
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2016, 05:35 PM   #15332
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,943 Times in 873 Posts
lol, why didn't you just get back in your lane and let the guy make his shitty turn?

Yes the 7 was a poor driver, but let's be honest, you were a bit of an ass there yourself.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:39 PM   #15333
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
I don't want to start a new thread but I've been noticing a lot of people turning left or right and making wide turns. Either turning left and ending up in right lane, or turning right and ending up in left lane.

I want to ask RS who is in the right/wrong if a situation happens. Refer to my crappy illustration below.

Yellow Light
Situation 1: Car A makes a correct left turn, ends up in left lane; but Car B makes a wide right turn and ends up in left lane. Both cars hit.

Situation 2: Car B makes a correct right turn, ends up in right lane; but Car A makes a wide left turn and ends up in right lane. Both cars hit.

Thanks RS

I believe this question was answered in the police thread a while back and does say in the mva.

Right turners MUST stay in the lane closet to the curb

Whereas Left Turners should stay in the left lane but there are exceptions

Spoiler!
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
Old 05-07-2016, 05:42 PM   #15334
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,632 Times in 271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
lol, why didn't you just get back in your lane and let the guy make his shitty turn?

Yes the 7 was a poor driver, but let's be honest, you were a bit of an ass there yourself.
In hindsight, I could have but at the time I thought he would have waited for me to pass before turning
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-08-2016, 12:08 AM   #15335
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,274 Times in 905 Posts
Quote:
This is correct.. Its written in the Driving Book. I have one my car and I highlighted all the mistakes I see people doing, so if I ever get into car accident by these idiots who wish to argue, I just take it out and let them read it..

BTW, if you do not have a dashcam, I suggest to get one.. even if the law is on your side, if you forget to get a witness, ICBC wont care... they will probably find both parties at fault...
Old 05-08-2016, 05:37 PM   #15336

Quote:

Yellow Light

Thanks RS

I've done exactly as Situation 1 before. Car B making the right turn went wide and ended up side swiping me. Other driver blamed it on me and I was found at fault until I sent in my dash cam video.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 06:52 AM   #15337
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0shh- View Post
I've done exactly as Situation 1 before. Car B making the right turn went wide and ended up side swiping me. Other driver blamed it on me and I was found at fault until I sent in my dash cam video.
and what was the final result? no fault on you? 50/50? how did icbc decide to split the claim?
Old 05-09-2016, 09:35 AM   #15338
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,872 Posts
Traffic would be able to flow so much better if people stuck to the lane closest to them more consistently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 07:57 PM   #15339
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Does the rule change if the person turning left has a flashing green light to turn left, while the driver turning right has a red light?

Is the driver turning right obligated to stop until all those turning left (from the opposite direction) are done before proceeding to turn right (assuming intersection is clear) or until the red light turns green?
Old 05-09-2016, 08:33 PM   #15340
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyzoomzoom View Post
Does the rule change if the person turning left has a flashing green light to turn left, while the driver turning right has a red light?

Is the driver turning right obligated to stop until all those turning left (from the opposite direction) are done before proceeding to turn right (assuming intersection is clear) or until the red light turns green?
I have the same question.
My understanding is they should yield to the left turn light since it's green, but in most cases they don't. I usually start my turn, & stick in my lane, most times the person turning right take 2 lanes...
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 08:47 PM   #15341

I'm pretty sure that the person turning right on a red has to come to a complete stop and only proceed when the coast is clear so they should yield to the left turners with a green arrow. I don't like to turn right on a red at the same time that a person is making a left on a green arrow cause 9/10 times they turn into the right lane
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #15342
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 2,694 Times in 568 Posts
^Basically that.

If you have a red light, you do not have the right of way, regardless of anything else.

-2011 BMW E92 335i- Current
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible- SOLD
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2016, 10:35 PM   #15343
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Not sure if you can see but popo parked to the left. Traffic moves much better when there is a popo there.
People don't illegally turn left to get to the on ramp,no late cut ins and no cars coming from the off ramp and back onto the on ramp.
now only if there was one there everyday during rush hour
Old 05-09-2016, 10:52 PM   #15344
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,872 Posts
1. Buy ex-RCMP cruiser from auction
2. Attach fake lights
3. Stick it on the side of the road there
4. ????
5. Enjoy better traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2016, 01:22 AM   #15345
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,486 Times in 408 Posts
sucks to be the person stuck in the said cruiser though lol
Old 05-10-2016, 08:29 AM   #15346
this is the hardest n***a of all time

Thanked 4,417 Times in 1,774 Posts
can't you just put a divider/permanent pilons on the center line for like 10-20' there to prevent that from happening? similar to the onramp before the tunnel at steveston by No5 road?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

Old 05-10-2016, 10:53 AM   #15347
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,307 Times in 670 Posts
^ they did but some truck ran over it and destroyed it

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[26-06, 19:29] Mr.Stubbz too big for meeeee

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you
Old 05-10-2016, 11:24 AM   #15348
ZN6
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,121 Times in 396 Posts
Biking to work this morning. There was an Acura that was mid way through a round about and I was behind him already in the round about. Some lady in a white SUV just arrive to the round about and honks the guy and me. Opens her window saying "I'M ON YOUR RIGHT SIDE, I HAVE THE RIGHT OF AWAY!"

Dude opens up the window and says he has the right away. I open my mouth and say "HE'S ALREADY IN THE CIRCLE SO AM I, WE HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY, GET THE HELL OUT THE GOD DAMN WAY BOTH OF YOU. FUUUUCK!"

Everyone proceeds. Bottom line, woman was being stupid. Wish I had a gopro this morning.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #15349
ZN6
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,121 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post

Not sure if you can see but popo parked to the left. Traffic moves much better when there is a popo there.
People don't illegally turn left to get to the on ramp,no late cut ins and no cars coming from the off ramp and back onto the on ramp.
now only if there was one there everyday during rush hour
Can they just put a cop car there with a life-size cop cut out? Like a burly mother fuckin' cop cutout? Then troll people once in a while with a real cop busting illegal left turners and lane cutters. That place will then govern itself.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:47 AM   #15350
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,307 Times in 670 Posts
^ that area is lawless during rush hour

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[26-06, 19:29] Mr.Stubbz too big for meeeee

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you