REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 08-17-2016, 12:07 AM   #16001
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,434 Times in 848 Posts
Is that still considered the Audi's fault if no contact were made between the cars? Heard of a similar case where ICBC said that since no contact was made it was a single vehicle accident.

In which case it would've been better to smash into the Audi.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2016, 12:08 AM   #16002
...in the world.

Thanked 7,629 Times in 2,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
You could put the red light runner on blast, like everyone else (search: "Vancouver Shitty Drivers").

On the other hand, I appreciate you teaching me proper etiquette for posting on shitty/dangerous drivers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Relative to many of the videos in this thread, yours seemed relatively minor with the 2nd just being...well, the guy has slow reaction time and even then he just missed it by a second or two.

It's like you want to upload something but nothing particularly interesting happened to you so you picked...these.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2016, 12:19 AM   #16003
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
Is that still considered the Audi's fault if no contact were made between the cars? Heard of a similar case where ICBC said that since no contact was made it was a single vehicle accident.

In which case it would've been better to smash into the Audi.
I think on another thread or previous post on this thread, ICBC said exactly that.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:22 AM   #16004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Relative to many of the videos in this thread, yours seemed relatively minor with the 2nd just being...well, the guy has slow reaction time and even then he just missed it by a second or two.

It's like you want to upload something but nothing particularly interesting happened to you so you picked...these.
I think the 2nd one, the guy is an asshole. But I appreciate your input. I did however wanted to post how on hwy 99 sb, some people took the inner part of the wide hov lane to cut off everyone else in the hov. Like wut.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:02 AM   #16005
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Double whammy today. Interesting bits at 0:20, and at 1:30

Driver in Silver G37 passing via shoulder and bus lane.
Ford Edge using the bus lane as well.

Last edited by AstulzerRZD; 08-17-2016 at 05:11 PM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-17-2016, 11:14 AM   #16006
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmic View Post
My brother sent me this, just happened tonight in Richmond.
Audi driver pulled out from the intersection to the inner lane without looking,
she heard my brother honking and tire noise from braking but still was not aware what happened and did not know there was a car approaching the lane she was crossing without signalling.
My brother had to turn into her lane and block her from driving away.

Starts from 2:25

https://youtu.be/ep7AcHvqqfI?t=2m25s
Hopefully no major damage. Suspension okay?

If she takes turns like that... I'm just thankful that she only drives an A4 and nothing bigger like a truck or semi...
Old 08-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #16007
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Do RCMP have an official site or an email address to send videos or links to or do you need to call the non-emergency number and get it from them?

I remember checking before and all I could find was a convoluted site where you had to enter a ton of data about a witnessed incident and then you couldn't even attach a video to it at the end of it.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:14 PM   #16008

Quote:
Originally Posted by stump View Post
Do RCMP have an official site or an email address to send videos or links to or do you need to call the non-emergency number and get it from them?

I remember checking before and all I could find was a convoluted site where you had to enter a ton of data about a witnessed incident and then you couldn't even attach a video to it at the end of it.
If you make a police call/report, you can tell them that you have a dashcam video. A note will be made on the report, and the officer who reviews it can contact you for the video.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:37 PM   #16009
ZN6
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,132 Times in 398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD View Post
https://youtu.be/NG6cHkgAADE

Double whammy today.
Interesting bits at 0:20, and at 1:30
LOL Still stuck behind a red light. these guys are
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2016, 12:38 PM   #16010
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmic View Post
My brother sent me this, just happened tonight in Richmond.
Audi driver pulled out from the intersection to the inner lane without looking,
she heard my brother honking and tire noise from braking but still was not aware what happened and did not know there was a car approaching the lane she was crossing without signalling.
My brother had to turn into her lane and block her from driving away.

Starts from 2:25

https://youtu.be/ep7AcHvqqfI?t=2m25s
Did your bro order the sisig?
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2016, 12:42 PM   #16011
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
https://youtu.be/NG6cHkgAADE

Double whammy today.
Interesting bits at 0:20, and at 1:30
Thought you were going to let the PriusV merge @1:39? how come you speed up to the Infiniti after the douche decided to take that space? with you almost swiped the Prius. Were you honking at the Infiniti or the Prius?
Old 08-17-2016, 12:54 PM   #16012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerion View Post
Thought you were going to let the PriusV merge @1:39? how come you speed up to the Infiniti after the douche decided to take that space? with you almost swiped the Prius. Were you honking at the Infiniti or the Prius?
What I see is aawhole bunch of bad Richmond drivers.....
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2016, 02:06 PM   #16013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerion View Post
I was trying to get a hold of the license plate to make a call
Good point about the move to keep with the G creating an unsafe scenario, the honk was meant to warn the Prius.

Also just noticed the Black Ford Edge making 'good' use of that bus lane as well.

I've noticed that the road design here just makes for a hectic drive and chokepoints in general after driving in Ontario for a while.
A combination of bike lanes, poorly structured onramps/merge areas, parking on arterial roads?!, drivers who tend to be quite passive, no left turn/right turn lanes, etc.

Though speeds there are higher and weather is worse, the better road layout and better drivers make it so much more relaxing to get places and carry some extra speed.

Last edited by AstulzerRZD; 08-17-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:05 PM   #16014
ZN6
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,132 Times in 398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I think it's better to take an offensive approach to minor things because if not, it allows people to think it's okay.

I react the same way when someone's being an idiot. For example, an X6 randomly cutting into a designated right turn lane (one of those with the yield and the little island for pedestrians) was met with the horn and a few choice expletives.

On a hypothetical note, let's say I was driving beside the Hyundai, if the driver did the exact same thing as displayed in the video, the Hyundai *could've* collided with me.

Since we don't know exactly the thoughts of the other driver, let's say the Hyundai driver intended to lane change into the right lane. The driver acted as the video displayed. By honking at Hyundai driver as they began to lane change without proper signaling, they would automatically move back over, thus preventing an accident. How? Let's say, the Hyundai driver crossed over, and I didn't honk. Driver wouldn't know I'm there, crossing over would either collide into me or if I brake hard, may cause a rear end collision to me.

You can't argue that it's minor shit if you don't know the other driver's true intention - especially in the GVRD.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. One day if you fuck up, be prepared to take a barrage of remarks.

Just because you are armed with a dashcam doesn't make you any better of a driver. Humble and check yourself before you wreck yourself. One day, you posting videos is gonna have some psycho knocking at your door and track you down for some very minor road infractions that isn't even classified as illegal. Trust me, it's not tough to track you down as not a lot of people still drive white civics in Richmond (where you allegedly hate to drive but where the majority of your videos taken in) they've moved up to C-class white Mercedes; the new Civic of Richmond, if you will. I've seen people followed home over something dumber than getting video recorded.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2016, 12:00 AM   #16015
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,185 Times in 237 Posts
I'm assuming they got pulled over for using the bike lane or maybe it's because he was lane filtering. I'm not exactly sure.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2016, 08:09 AM   #16016
In RS I Trust

Thanked 16,169 Times in 3,749 Posts
you can tell he was pulled over for using the bike lane to get in front of the cars at the red light. I can't stand when bikes do that especially in rush hour.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2016, 09:37 AM   #16017
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,567 Times in 466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
you can tell he was pulled over for using the bike lane to get in front of the cars at the red light. I can't stand when bikes do that especially in rush hour.
Technically lane filtering and going to the front of a line at a stop light is safer for us bikers than staying within a pack of cars and it should be made legal here in North America. It's legal everywhere else in the world but just not here. Hopefully the new laws in California will eventually filter to the rest of the country and eventually to Canada.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-18-2016, 09:49 AM   #16018

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexor View Post
Technically lane filtering and going to the front of a line at a stop light is safer for us bikers than staying within a pack of cars and it should be made legal here in North America. It's legal everywhere else in the world but just not here. Hopefully the new laws in California will eventually filter to the rest of the country and eventually to Canada.
With the bad enough drivers here, I don't think they can handle looking out for lane splitters too. Also, we simply lack the infrastructure for lane splitting.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:59 AM   #16019
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,950 Times in 875 Posts

FFS stop debating lane splitting in every thread where a motorcycle appears lol
Old 08-18-2016, 10:26 AM   #16020
I don't get it

Quote:
If you make a police call/report, you can tell them that you have a dashcam video. A note will be made on the report, and the officer who reviews it can contact you for the video.
And then they will proceed to do nothing. I called the cops after someone stole a few hundred bucks of stuff from my store. Had license plate, witnesses, employer gave the cops his full name, address, phone, everything. His employee gave statements, I did. Three people saw him do it.

Said they will call me. Nothing. They don't do jack shit. This is the 2nd time now. If you think they will give a rats ass about your dashcam video of someone cutting you off, good luck.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:30 AM   #16021

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
And then they will proceed to do nothing. I called the cops after someone stole a few hundred bucks of stuff from my store. Had license plate, witnesses, employer gave the cops his full name, address, phone, everything. His employee gave statements, I did. Three people saw him do it.

Said they will call me. Nothing. They don't do jack shit. This is the 2nd time now. If you think they will give a rats ass about your dashcam video of someone cutting you off, good luck.
I've done what I can right? I'd be curious to see how long he can keep up with that kind of driving.

The police used to be very good at following up on calls, but I've noticed that it's gotten worse over the years.
That however, isn't something that I can change.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:23 PM   #16022
this is the hardest n***a of all time

Thanked 4,442 Times in 1,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
i've seen motorized vehicles - mopeds, scooters, to motorcycles using bike lanes straight up as their personal HOV lane, not just to get to the front at a red light (eg. rupert street in east van).

hell i've seen a honda ruckas ride out from the bike path going east/west by the home depot on gilmore in burnaby (i guess he was coming from rupert skytrain station path or further back. like wtf

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2016, 09:35 PM   #16023
MOD

Thanked 6,655 Times in 1,721 Posts
volvo got caught behind the train arms, fuck it just go!!!

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 08-19-2016, 12:48 AM   #16024
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,486 Times in 408 Posts
that volvo is an idiot. lights been flashing for quite a while before the arms even went down and he still managed to get caught.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:13 PM   #16025
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Because Richmond.

[1990] Classic Red Mazda Miata