REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 09-12-2016, 11:02 PM   #16176
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,161 Times in 1,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
And turn on those tail lights, please it's not that hard to leave it on auto
It is when your car isn't equipped with auto lights...
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2016, 11:15 PM   #16177
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,118 Posts
The most amazing thing is when you see a $70k+ German SUV with their lights off at night.

Like jesus fuck you have to go out of your way to turn the auto lights off. If you're this oblivious, I really have to question the validity of your license...

Not sure which group of drivers are worse: the high beamers or the no lighters one group is blind, the other is retarded (plus maybe blind as well)

Also as a side note: I'm not sure if it's just Highway 99, but over the past few weeks, I've noticed that left lane hogs have progressively increased, more so when it's dark than during the day. These aren't just left lane hogs going a decent bit over the speed limit, these are the ones that are doing either exactly or 10 under the speed limit what the hell is going on? Even when you're riding their ass they don't seem to realize what's going on, and don't move over until after I high beam them several times.

In fact I've seen other drivers furious with left lane hogs, even cutting in front afterwards and making a pointing motion with their arm and hand telling them to move over, to no avail of course
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Old 09-13-2016, 12:20 AM   #16178
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

i noticed it more and more on hwy 91 and 99. hell even on hwy 1 where no one travels in the most right lane and you just fly by everyone going on the most right lane.
they don't even check their rear view mirrors even though you are taught to when getting your license.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2016, 12:41 AM   #16179
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
The most amazing thing is when you see a $70k+ German SUV with their lights off at night.

Like jesus fuck you have to go out of your way to turn the auto lights off. If you're this oblivious, I really have to question the validity of your license...

Not sure which group of drivers are worse: the high beamers or the no lighters one group is blind, the other is retarded (plus maybe blind as well)

Also as a side note: I'm not sure if it's just Highway 99, but over the past few weeks, I've noticed that left lane hogs have progressively increased, more so when it's dark than during the day. These aren't just left lane hogs going a decent bit over the speed limit, these are the ones that are doing either exactly or 10 under the speed limit what the hell is going on? Even when you're riding their ass they don't seem to realize what's going on, and don't move over until after I high beam them several times.

In fact I've seen other drivers furious with left lane hogs, even cutting in front afterwards and making a pointing motion with their arm and hand telling them to move over, to no avail of course
I have a video on this, with people on the knight bridge doing this 😑, and the 91 connection

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 12:42 AM   #16180

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
i noticed it more and more on hwy 91 and 99. hell even on hwy 1 where no one travels in the most right lane and you just fly by everyone going on the most right lane.
they don't even check their rear view mirrors even though you are taught to when getting your license.
It's even more irritating when you flash your high beams at them and they don't react.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2016, 12:59 AM   #16181
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Poor UI choices by the manufacturers contributes to the confusion, in addition to people who never bother to figure out how *anything* works.

People connecting their phone Bluetooth to their vehicles are just as bad. I've had customers get a new phone and expect the car to magically connect with it on BT. "But it worked before." "My last phone was an iPhone too." "Pairing? I don't know how to do that, the dealer did that for me."
Old 09-13-2016, 09:06 AM   #16182
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,174 Posts
new tech or not...i'll never understand people who don't turn on their lights at night

i know in newer cars the dashboards stay lit but it should be common fucking sense to turn it on when it's dark out. Do you ever wonder why you can't see shit in front of you at 5 pm on a rainy December evening? BECAUSE DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS AREN'T LOW BEAMS YOU DUMB PIECE OF SHIT.

LEO's should be ticketing the shit out of these morons, come March next year they'd have made more ticket revenue from dumbshits who don't know how to flick a switch than from the idiots who use their phones.

side note, i never use the auto headlights function on my car...i have this paranoia that it'll malfunction and kill my batt randomly one day haha
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 09-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #16183
hello

Thanked 2,338 Times in 790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
What kills me is when I see a high end vehicle being driven by someone who has the intelligence and driving confidence of a gnat. It's blatantly obvious that they're nothing more than parasites living off the spoils of one or more successful individuals in their family because there's no way they could have the ability to earn enough to afford that vehicle. They're having a hard enough time navigating the roads, let alone their lives.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #16184
RS controls my life!

failure to turn on low beams at night... my goodness it makes my blood boil. if you go through my dashcam audio footage you'll basically hear me cuss out these fools on a nightly basis. pull up beside them and roll down my window to try and extend a tip at a light and 90% of the time they give you a dirty look and blow past you when the light turns green. of course this is after trying the high beam thing for a km prior, and by then they think i want to streetrace them or something. fucking morons
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2016, 01:55 PM   #16185
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 12,377 Times in 3,344 Posts
The scary thing is, most of the people that don't turn on their headlights at night, can't tell the difference.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 09-13-2016, 02:00 PM   #16186
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,274 Times in 905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
The scary thing is, most of the people that don't turn on their headlights at night, can't tell the difference.

THIS!!!

And then when you try to help these idiots and they think your retards...

I tried flashing high beams.. I had a few people change lanes..
Then I pull in front and turn my lights off and on.. and still nothing happens...

I didnt want to pull beside them to try to yell at them... I felt that to be abit dangerous coz they obviously dnt know how to drive...
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2016, 04:11 PM   #16187
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,254 Times in 1,876 Posts
To me the ease at which so many people drive around without their lights on confirms that HID's and light bars are worthless in town and achieve nothing beyond annoying oncoming drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
<snip>
Poor UI choices by the manufacturers contributes to the confusion, in addition to people who never bother to figure out how *anything* works.
I've driven a few blocks in the missus' Matrix with the lights off because of this, the only difference you notice (driving in town with lots of street lights) is the audio and heater controls are dark with the lights off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
Old 09-13-2016, 04:13 PM   #16188
ZN6
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,132 Times in 398 Posts
Modern cars have parking sensors, blind spot sensors, rain sensors, g sensors, ass sensors for airbags, they all these fucking sensors and they can't have a sensor that tells the car when it's dark outside to turn on the fucking lights as standard. The car industry is fucking moronic.

Please take out the 18 airbags and just end these fuckers when they flip into a ditch.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-13-2016, 05:33 PM   #16189

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
What kills me is when I see a high end vehicle being driven by someone who has the intelligence and driving confidence of a gnat. It's blatantly obvious that they're nothing more than parasites living off the spoils of one or more successful individuals in their family because there's no way they could have the ability to earn enough to afford that vehicle. They're having a hard enough time navigating the roads, let alone their lives.
So stay outta Richmond and you will see less of this shit.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-13-2016, 05:37 PM   #16190
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,075 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
Modern cars have parking sensors, blind spot sensors, rain sensors, g sensors, ass sensors for airbags, they all these fucking sensors and they can't have a sensor that tells the car when it's dark outside to turn on the fucking lights as standard. The car industry is fucking moronic.

Please take out the 18 airbags and just end these fuckers when they flip into a ditch.
there are light sensors in most modern cars, people just choose to turn them off
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2016, 05:56 PM   #16191
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,459 Times in 1,710 Posts
Quote:

Uh. My pleb focus has exactly what you're complaining doesn't exist
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-13-2016, 05:57 PM   #16192
Witness protection

Thanked 3,890 Times in 1,699 Posts
Good Samaritans help woman in alleged Richmond road rage incident | Vancouver Sun

Quote:
Mounties in Richmond want to speak with several good Samaritans whom they say helped a woman assaulted in a road rage incident on Saturday.

RCMP say at around 9:15 a.m., a 58-year old motorist was driving her grey Toyota pickup southbound along No. 2 Road, turning eastbound onto Steveston Highway. She honked when another motorist veered into her lane and she had to take evasive action to avoid a collision.

While stopped at the intersection of Steveston and No. 3 Road, police said, the other driver got out of her grey four-door sedan and started swearing at the woman.

RCMP say the suspect then reached into the driver’s vehicle and dragged her from her truck, and physically assaulted her.

Several good Samaritans intervened, and the victim contacted police some hours later from her home.

“We are attempting to understand this incident fully. It appears that this level of behaviour far exceeds what is acceptable or lawful. We are thankful for the decency of the good Samaritans who chose to stop and intervene,” Cpl. Dennis Hwang said in a statement on Tuesday.

RCMP describe the attacker as a woman, around 5-foot-5, with a slim build, olive skin, medium length black hair, and she was wearing a light long sleeve sweater and blue jeans.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Richmond RCMP at (604)278-1212, by email at Richmond_Tips@rcmp-grc.gc.ca or anonymously by contacting Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

ticrawford@postmedia.com
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #16193
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Uh. My pleb focus has exactly what you're complaining doesn't exist
I said they aren't made standard. I didn't say they didn't exist.

Dude, you quoted my text, read it again.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2016, 06:18 PM   #16194
this is the hardest n***a of all time

Thanked 4,442 Times in 1,778 Posts
i was clearing out old video off my phone and found this oldie (please excuse portrait mode it was being held via my dash crab)

looks like at 0:15 corolla tries to pass someone in the bike lane (or drift off the road?) and then at 2:00 changes from right to left lane behind me and then came around to cut in front of me using the left turn only lane. initial d blind attack!...ends up side by side with me at the light

shake 'n bake

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

Old 09-13-2016, 06:19 PM   #16195
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
there are light sensors in most modern cars, people just choose to turn them off
Plenty of people are driving base mazda 3s. Lots of them on east-west connector without them. If they had them, we wouldn't be here complaining about people who don't turn on their lights at night.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:53 PM   #16196

Quote:

I'm going to speak specifically about the 9th gen civic, as I own one, and see many other civic drivers do this. In the 9th gen, there's a little green icon in the the dash that specifies whether or not your lights are on.

To add on to your point, I don't think the problem is not having a sensor, but rather make auto lights mandatory. (Though that would make night car photoshoots very frustrating) Or an alternative to this could even be, make the icon bigger. So that people don't have to look too hard for it. Granted, those who are not technological advanced are excused from this mistake, but should make an effort to learn their cars.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:26 PM   #16197
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

well bridgeport exit just got a lot worse. repaving so no lines. hopefully they finish quickly and install some pylons to stop people from cutting in last minute or from the off ramp or turning left to take the exit.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2016, 08:53 PM   #16198
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I literally saw 5 cars without lights on at 7:45pm today on a 5km drive in the bridgeport area in Richmond. Mind blown.
'02 Suzuki GSXR 750

Past rides:
'04 Honda Odyssey
'08 Lexus ISF
'00 Honda S2000
'93 JDM Honda Delsol Type R swap
'95 Honda Accord coupe H22a
'03 Infiniti G35 6mt Sedan
'03 Mitsubishi Evo VIII
'04 Honda Civic SiR
'99 Toyota Camry XLE V6

MPS Oil Service Limited - We bring oil changes to you!
www.mpsoil.com
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2016, 09:33 AM   #16199
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I'm going to speak specifically about the 9th gen civic, as I own one, and see many other civic drivers do this. In the 9th gen, there's a little green icon in the the dash that specifies whether or not your lights are on.

To add on to your point, I don't think the problem is not having a sensor, but rather make auto lights mandatory. (Though that would make night car photoshoots very frustrating) Or an alternative to this could even be, make the icon bigger. So that people don't have to look too hard for it. Granted, those who are not technological advanced are excused from this mistake, but should make an effort to learn their cars.
Mandatory light sensor will have 0 effect on night photo-shooting for cars for two reasons: 1) people can shut off their cars if they so wished not to have their lights on during a shoot, 2) nearly every fucking night photo-shoot involving cars has lights on to showcase anyways including their 3000K fogs and badly aligned ebay HIDs.

Guy above me just saw 5 ass-clowns with no lights on at sunset. You think these guys are gonna turn on their lights once the sun is completely down? No, because probability of them being fucking uncos and aunties is 99% on bridgeport (whom should not have their license in the first place). It doesn't seem like an issue when there's street lights on the highway but when you are on a highway stretch where there are no lights, you can't fucking see slow fuckers driving on the left lane very well which is another problem in and of itself isn't it?

Like I said, light sensors should be standard like a fucking sensor that detects when an ass is on a seat so airbags turn on. It would literally be doing for you what you should be doing anyways to enhance your chance of arriving safely at your destination. Notice I say enhance your chance and doesn't ensure 100% safe-arrival; uncos will be uncos, aunties will be aunties.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #16200
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,118 Posts
It's an issue that's rather specific to North America as well, in terms of always being behind on lighting technology, including auto lights, generally speaking.

If you look in Japan, 99% of their vehicles, including non-luxury econoboxes and kei cars, have either standard HIDs or optional HIDs for little to no additional charge, which also includes auto lights.

Of course, here in North America we're stuck with either the absolute worst halogen reflector designs that only seem to be getting worse with every new car release, and a stupid "LED" or "HID" lighting upgrade costs $1,000-$2,000+ and even those designs are typically still behind what Europe or Japan has to offer, sometimes for the exact same model (looking at you Audi/BMW)
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
This post thanked by: