REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 09-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #2126
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Shitty mb, Just up the road from me
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #2127
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
Stupid bitch runs a very late yellow/red... I slam my brakes to avoid an accident. Then I get rear ended -_-"

Red Runner - YouTube

First "impact" was me slamming my brakes, you can see my car getting hit
I watched it a dozen times and it looks like it was a solid yellow and rightfully, you should of waited to make sure it's clear before even starting to make the turn. It would be your fault if you hit the yellow runner. Just my 0.2 cents
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #2128
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,824 Times in 498 Posts
Looks shitty, but the Civic had a lot of room to slow down and stop. Dunno how much fault will be dealt to each person.

Any pictures of the damage? Can't be that much, but still, interested lol.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #2129
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,747 Times in 275 Posts
Quote:
Probably but I never really looked. Paid all my attention to avoiding the car running the red
The civic never ran a red, they entered the intersection with a solid yellow and you did not have the right of way. If there was any contact between you and the civic, it would of been your fault.

Dash cam or not, you're lucky you didn't touch that civic.

..we stopped checking for monsters under the bed when we realized they were inside us.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #2130
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 12,393 Times in 3,348 Posts
Who cares? Point is he was rear-ended which definately wasn't his fault.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 09-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #2131
MOD

Thanked 6,658 Times in 1,721 Posts

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 09-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #2132
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 5,689 Times in 1,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
What'd the asshole behind you say when you exchanged info?
I didn't really cuss him out, not really my nature to but he just said he was in a hurry, didn't wanna wait for another light cycle and admitted fault. He informed me he would rather deal with it outside of ICBC but he wouldn't have a problem if I went through with ICBC since it wasn't my fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolowtone View Post
Shitty mb, Just up the road from me
I know, I was 30 seconds away from my house too

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordpoop View Post
I watched it a dozen times and it looks like it was a solid yellow and rightfully, you should of waited to make sure it's clear before even starting to make the turn. It would be your fault if you hit the yellow runner. Just my 0.2 cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizo View Post
The civic never ran a red, they entered the intersection with a solid yellow and you did not have the right of way. If there was any contact between you and the civic, it would of been your fault.

Dash cam or not, you're lucky you didn't touch that civic.
I know if I hit her it would have been my fault which is why I slammed my brakes. Don't know if you can see it in the camera but she sort of braked when it was yellow then sped up. You can even see how much time and space from how far way she was from the intersection and when the yellow light changed. She was also not even inside the intersection when the light turned red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakucaekz View Post
Looks shitty, but the Civic had a lot of room to slow down and stop. Dunno how much fault will be dealt to each person.

Any pictures of the damage? Can't be that much, but still, interested lol.
Yup not that much, won't lose sleep over it but it's not my fault so why should I have to live with the damage right?

Other guy's car took most of the damage, my exhaust tip went all the way through his bumper and lol. Part of his bumper fused with the inside of my exhaust tip too

2015 Scion FRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 09-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #2133
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 12,393 Times in 3,348 Posts
Go through ICBC and make sure the bodyshop checks for damage behind the bumper and to the exhaust. You can let the other guy know if he doesn't want his premiums to go up, he can just pay ICBC back what they paid out.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 09-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #2134

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Who cares? Point is he was rear-ended which definately wasn't his fault.
Point is he's complaining about the "the stupid bitch" running a yellow who had 100% the right of way. And yes...he got rear ended which is definately not his fault but if he hit the civic then it would of been his fault. So he's lucky he got rear ended rather than getting tboned.

Hope op is ok.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #2135
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Why the fuck would I not complain about someone who's suppose to slow down and STOP when the light turns YELLOW?!?! So I'm the bad guy now? If you watch the video again, she's pretty much entered the intersection when the light turned red/already red. Read my post right above fliptuner's.

But yeah I'm okay, I seriously felt more g-force from me slamming my brakes

2015 Scion FRS

Quote:
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #2136

Quote:
Why the fuck would I not complain about someone who's suppose to slow down and STOP when the light turns YELLOW?!?! So I'm the bad guy now?
The civic doesn't HAVE to stop at a yellow...YOU have the responsibility to make sure it's clear and YOU were already turning when the light turned yellow and blowing your horn. Again I watched it 2 dozen times now and I stand by my opinion. Better to be safe than sorry op.

This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #2137
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 3,718 Times in 570 Posts
so much hate on the video, im sure almost ALL of us will start to turn as the light turns yellow and assume the guy travelling towards us will stop
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #2138
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I would agree that the person who makes the left turn needs to make sure the road is clear before making the left. In the video, it appeared the civic did not even slow down, so it would been an indicator, to not attempt to turn unless absolutely clear.

I personally had this similar situation a lot of times on Granville St and 70th. I once a while get car still going when the light turn red, and I am in the middle of intersection when it was my turn still waiting safety to make the left turn.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #2139
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,502 Times in 525 Posts
"When the light changes from green to yellow, we are no longer being permitted to “go with the flow. The answer to the question: “What should you do at a yellow light when there are no cars behind you and the road is dry? is “Stop—completely." This answer comes directly from the statute law that defines the rules of our roads, the British Columbia Motor Vehicle Act (MVA). The MVA says when a driver approaches an intersection with a signal light that is yellow, the driver must stop the vehicle before entering the marked crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or if there is no marked crosswalk then before entering the intersection…. But then the MVA adds, “unless the stop cannot be made in safety."

Yellow Light: Think
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #2140
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cho View Post
so much hate on the video, im sure almost ALL of us will start to turn as the light turns yellow and assume the guy travelling towards us will stop
I watched the video and let's say he did hit the civic. The video would actually work against him if he dares show icbc, when it clearly shows that the civic ran a yellow not a red which would make him 100% at fault.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #2141
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,113 Times in 277 Posts
yup unless the video is broken, i didnt actually see a red light at all. whenever you're making a left turn into oncoming traffic, its up to you to make sure its safe. ive seen cases where they put both drivers at fault even though someone ran a red. at any rate, you got rear ended so its a good thing you didnt hit the civic. the other guy who hit you is screwed
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #2142
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Yup I know it would have been my fault if I hit the Civic, I already said it in post #2132 but what bothers me the most other than being rear ended is she had A LONG time to safely stop at the intersection. Just because ICBC will rule it in her favor had a collision happened, doesn't mean people can just fucking blow past stale yellows and not have some fault put on them. Weren't we taught to slow down and stop when it's safe if the light turns yellow, not be ignorant and do something dangerous?

2015 Scion FRS

Quote:
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #2143
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,113 Times in 277 Posts
We are but unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that right and wrong is based according to what the insurance companies states. And until the day they change the right of way to the left turner, we'll have to drive according to their rules
If it was up to me I would have solid titanium poles that would launch up on reds to intercept all who run reds, then after destroying their cars, they'll also receive tickets for running them. But until I rule the world (or at least Vancouver, and probably a sky city over Vancouver) do take it upon yourself to expect yellow runners and take the extra seconds to let it turn red, I'm sure that guy behind you would rather be honking at a slow left turner than rear ending one
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #2144
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
I never turn until i see all cars have come to a stop, theres been too many damn occasions where thinking they will stop doesnt mean they will. Its amazing how little some people pay attention.

About a month ago turning left from steveston hwy onto #5 i was behind the car that was in the intersection, (still behind the stop line) light turns red car in front goes and then a mini cooper blows the light a solid 6 or 7 seconds after the light turned red.
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
Old 09-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #2145
I am Hook'd on RS

Found this old video while still trying to deal with ICBC. He didn't shoulder check while changing lanes and made my curb my new $1500 wheels on the bridge...Maybe I could've been smarter and expected it, but I guess it was just one of those days =/

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion just in case since I'm dealing with ICBC right now. I pulled him over and we talked, so i grabbed his license plate and got him in the video too. We agreed to do it privately, but he changed his number and bailed on me. So now I'm going for everything he's got.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #2146
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

If it were totally up to me, I would deem that guy at fault. Knowing ICBC though, the guy didn't hit you so your damage is all on you. Good luck though.

2015 Scion FRS

Quote:
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #2147
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Thanked 1,338 Times in 366 Posts
I hated this kind of situation because it is very dangerous without shoulder checking when changing lane.
Sorry to hear about the damage.
But, your damage might be on you, and you don't have speed display on your camera. He could say you were speeding.

Good luck.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #2148
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I keep seeing this every once a while. He is lucky that the left turn car from the opposite traffic arrives the intersection a few seconds late.
That Sentra also has a blown 3rd brake light.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #2149
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxinX View Post
No Shoulder Checking - YouTube

Found this old video while still trying to deal with ICBC. He didn't shoulder check while changing lanes and made my curb my new $1500 wheels on the bridge...Maybe I could've been smarter and expected it, but I guess it was just one of those days =/

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion just in case since I'm dealing with ICBC right now. I pulled him over and we talked, so i grabbed his license plate and got him in the video too. We agreed to do it privately, but he changed his number and bailed on me. So now I'm going for everything he's got.
DAMN!

Same thing happened to me today! Came here to see where to get a cam lol. I almost want to show icbc your video to give them a good idea of what happened

Really wish I had a cam. I don't know how this will play out. It should be 100 percent their fault, no?
Old 09-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #2150
I am Hook'd on RS

I explained the situation to them and they said if I can prove it, it would be something called a "Shadow Hit and Run" or something of the sort. I called them a couple months back. So I'm going to bring a CD of the video in on Tuesday and we'll see how it goes. I also found him on Facebook so if it does work out, I'll just give him a friendly thanks for the wheel repair =) considering it was his grandfathers car.

But definitely consider the cam, best investment I ever made.
This post thanked by: