REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 10-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Romantic getaway in rainy fall right now

Are there any place u can recommand for romantic 1 or 2 night stay at this time of the year locally or closeby?

something similar or better than this Mayne Island Accommodations: The Oceanwood Resort

I love the in suite soaker jet tub and open deck for ocean view as well as wood fire place.

I do not wish to fly , driving is ok, but not like banff far.

I figure that will cost me around $500. I wonder if Washington states will offer me better and cheaper place.

Please help me brainstorm.
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Don't have all the details right now but check out the Sunshine Coast for B&Bs. It's just a short ferry ride over and it's all local. Keep that money here in our own back yard!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

Map and Directions to A Place By The Sea B&B, Sechelt BC , Sunshine Coast - Stayed at the Captain Cove suite, family-owned, nice, quiet little place situated in front of a lake.

Brentwood Bay Resort - Contact - Victoria, BC - haven't gone yet but will sometime next month. If you go here, post back and lemme know!
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Galiano Island Resort....only a 40 min direct ferry.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Just saw these on Groupon Getaways...

Parkside Victoria Resort & Spa Deal of the Day | Groupon Victoria

Brewster Mountain Lodge Getaways Deal of the Day | Groupon Calgary

And there's a bunch on Living Social escapes for Whistler, Long Beach, WA., Quincy, WA., Portland and Sun Peaks.

Enjoy! =)
BaBiE_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #6
I don't get it

I just went to Sechelt during the beginning of the month with my fiance. Money well spent.

The Tuwanek Hotel Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast: Luxury Accommodations and Spa located minutes from downtown Sechelt on the Sunshine Coast of BC, Canada

We stayed at the Timberloft, which is basically it's own house with private hot tub. Literally 30 seconds from the beach. Even though it was early October and it rained a few nights, was well worth the money and we will return.

Oh and the Tuwanek Hotel is rated #1 on TripAdvisor for the Sechelt area.
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Bump... any suggestions for an even colder mid-late November or early December? Don't know if any of the ideas (Tofino, Sechelt, Galiano Island) are that great for the winter months. Are there any nearby attractions that are more season appropriate? Examples would of course be Whistler. I've also heard of some interesting towns/villages in the Washington state during the Christmas season
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by svelt View Post
Don't know if any of the ideas (Tofino, Sechelt, Galiano Island) are that great for the winter months.
Tofino is renowned for its winter storm watching...
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote