REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I wink my 80's pop up lights to get the good looking girls attention hahahahaha, that sometimes makes them smile
Advertisement
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:11 AM   #27
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
I always get the workers holding the SLOW sign, i slow down to 15-20km... and they signal furiously for me to hurry the fuck up... I look at them
Do you want me to go Slow or Fast?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #28
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
spotted fucked up teeth Diana this morning on the same street again but different side this time
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #29
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Had the similar thing as OP's story happen to me before, but it was at a police counterattack roadblock. Saw the flashing lights a block away and I was going speed limit. When I was half a block away, I slowed down and then came to a complete stop. Cop starts yelling at me asking why I'm going so fast and if I think he's just standing there for his own health.
I told him I was going 50 and slowed down when I got closer. Did you want me to come at 20km/h for the whole block?
He didn't say anything after. Just asked if I drank and where I'm going and let me go but said, "next time you see me, you slow down!"
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #30
Banned (ABWS)

I once saw a construction girl operating the stop sign from inside the car because it was raining. Just stuck her hand out the window holding the sign...wtf...
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #31
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
since i do street construction and we hire flag girls daily, ill shine some light on this.

if she took a photo, she will most likely report you to the police, ive seen them do it a 1000 times. will it hold up? put it this way, the flag girls are the ones keeping me and my crew safe, we trust their judgement, if she tells our forman and he calls the cops, were all witnesses to say you were speeding through our work zone and endangering our lives.

ive seen our flaggers take their metal slow/stop signs and smack them into the sides of cars as well. if they're shaking their sign while its says slow...go slower...if not, they'll hit your car and not a damn thing will happen to them..you'll go through icbc and they'll say you shouldve just gone slower and obeyd the traffic control person.

when we put up road closed signs, you'd be surprised how many cocksuckers decide to go around the sign cause its too much of a hassle to go back and around the block. if the road is closed, that entire street is my work zone, if we see a car drive around that sign, i have and wont hesitate to throw a shovel or a wrench at your car. ive hit multiple cars for doing this, right after doing it we'll call the cops, its 10+ witnesses to 1 person.

i dont work for some private contractor company, im a city worker, so police tend to believe us since we know most of the rcmp in our city, every morning theres a line of cop cars filling up their gas tanks in our service yard where we fill our trucks up...so we tend to talk to each other and see each other on the road quite a bit.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #32
I don't get it

I remember back many summers ago when I lived in a small town on the island there was a flag girl that wore a bikini top under her vest and short jean cutoffs. Most of the traffic were the young guys driving back and forth through the construction zone just to flirt with her and to get a smile. Now we just get Diana's that have bad teeth and look like they could beat the crap out of you for looking at them funny. O the good old days...............
sleepywheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #33
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

maybe she just like ur car.
gc200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepywheel View Post
I remember back many summers ago when I lived in a small town on the island there was a flag girl that wore a bikini top under her vest and short jean cutoffs. Most of the traffic were the young guys driving back and forth through the construction zone just to flirt with her and to get a smile. Now we just get Diana's that have bad teeth and look like they could beat the crap out of you for looking at them funny. O the good old days...............
hahaha its all fat girls now cause all the hot ones are working in night clubs and bars or restaurants and making 10x more in tips for showing their clevage....all thats left for us is the ditch pigs
Old 10-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #35
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,392 Times in 180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
since i do street construction and we hire flag girls daily, ill shine some light on this.

if she took a photo, she will most likely report you to the police, ive seen them do it a 1000 times. will it hold up? put it this way, the flag girls are the ones keeping me and my crew safe, we trust their judgement, if she tells our forman and he calls the cops, were all witnesses to say you were speeding through our work zone and endangering our lives.

ive seen our flaggers take their metal slow/stop signs and smack them into the sides of cars as well. if they're shaking their sign while its says slow...go slower...if not, they'll hit your car and not a damn thing will happen to them..you'll go through icbc and they'll say you shouldve just gone slower and obeyd the traffic control person.

when we put up road closed signs, you'd be surprised how many cocksuckers decide to go around the sign cause its too much of a hassle to go back and around the block. if the road is closed, that entire street is my work zone, if we see a car drive around that sign, i have and wont hesitate to throw a shovel or a wrench at your car. ive hit multiple cars for doing this, right after doing it we'll call the cops, its 10+ witnesses to 1 person.

i dont work for some private contractor company, im a city worker, so police tend to believe us since we know most of the rcmp in our city, every morning theres a line of cop cars filling up their gas tanks in our service yard where we fill our trucks up...so we tend to talk to each other and see each other on the road quite a bit.
Sometimes it's not because they're just trying to shave time and get somewhere faster, but they're just plain stupid. I remember back when I was a general laborer at a construction site, we'd have to close off a sidewalk and despite a giant sign blocking the beginning, and obvious hazards after the sign, so many dumb asses would just walk around the sign oblivious.

Even with the renovations/construction going on at science world, if the gated fence is open for one minute to let a delivery truck in, and isn't shut right away, hordes of dumb ass parents happily walk into the construction site with their kids.
GoneGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #36
I don't get it

Quote:

I don't think any of us has any problems with all the flag girls, it's just that they're not consistent in their work ethics. Most of them obviously know what they're doing and you can see it in the way they conduct themselves. I've seen a few that definitely need more training and maybe an attitude adjustment. Like you say, ICBC will believe them rather than the driver, and it goes to their heads.

I fill up once in a while at the service yard but only at night and never see anyone around.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #37
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Don't get me started about some stupid drivers tricks when you try to direct them ...specially at crash sites. Too many were all rubberneck and no brains...and I carried a gun, not a flag! I've had to jump out of the way, 2 guys I worked with had bene hit by cars and I know of at least one occasion when it took a steel maglite thru a windshield to get somebody's attention. Know of a caved in door on an expensive Bimmer too. Dent was just the exact dimension of a size 11 boot for some strange reason?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #38
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
I don't think any of us has any problems with all the flag girls, it's just that they're not consistent in their work ethics. Most of them obviously know what they're doing and you can see it in the way they conduct themselves. I've seen a few that definitely need more training and maybe an attitude adjustment. Like you say, ICBC will believe them rather than the driver, and it goes to their heads.
Agreed, there should be stricter training. Maybe then stuff would flow a little smoother, not to say that some drivers are also to blame as i swear so many people buy their damn license without having to do a test.. If anyone is going to do any rightful damage to someones vehicle they should have done training to be controlling the traffic in order to protect fellow workers
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:33 AM   #39
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
there are MANY dumbass drivers out there and i admit i used to be a reckless driver but after many tickets and a suspension i ve learned my lesson.
but honestly, smashing someones car with that metal sign? not cool.. i would be furious if anyone even put a coke can on my car.. shit scratches..
to me, i think those girls are thinking too bossy. they think the law is on their side so, "hey why not we do things that we cant do usually and we wont even get blamed on"
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #40
...on a mission....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Don't get me started about some stupid drivers tricks when you try to direct them ...specially at crash sites. Too many were all rubberneck and no brains...and I carried a gun, not a flag! I've had to jump out of the way, 2 guys I worked with had bene hit by cars and I know of at least one occasion when it took a steel maglite thru a windshield to get somebody's attention. Know of a caved in door on an expensive Bimmer too. Dent was just the exact dimension of a size 11 boot for some strange reason?
And what size boot would you be wearing?
Simnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:17 PM   #41
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Invokes his Charter rights against self incrimination......
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:45 AM   #42

Quote:
so maybe you can answer my question..

When i drive slow, usually 15-20kmph, they signal me
Do i driver Fast or Slow?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #43
I STILL don't get it

So in the end, we have both sides against each other: SOME drivers need to stop being assholes and follow instructions and SOME flag girls (and guys) need to either stop going on a power trip/get more training?

It's times like these that make cctv systems seem worth it, citywide and something like RCubed's setup.
LuHua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #44
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Someone need to give these girls some sunscreen. You can tell who's been doing it for years by their alligator skin.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
so maybe you can answer my question..

When i drive slow, usually 15-20kmph, they signal me
Do i driver Fast or Slow?
not sure what you mean when you say they signal you to gtfo?

if you mean when they have the "slow" sign and they're waving you to speed up, then what they're basically trying to say is, you dont need to do 10kmph through the work zone, just dont rip it past em doing the full speed limit. or it could mean that they need to get a machine or something in the street and block all traffic so they just want you to hurry up so you dont get stuck in the traffic jam.

if your talking about when they tell you to pull over to the side of the road, it simply means that you've come to close to where they are and they just need you to pull over a bit to make room for something thats gonna be comming through.

but dont get mad at the flag girls and say shit to them cause its delayed you 5-10 minutes from your day for whatever they did. those girls put up with so much bullshit from drivers within just a 30 minute period....when i have to relieve one of them so they can go to the bathroom or take a quick break...i want to fucking kill myself after 30 seconds of dealing with horrible drivers and assholes.

question for sleepywheel:

you say you fill up at the burnaby service yard at night??? your rcmp?? its night time, we dont work at night time unless were doing emergency OT, so of course nobody would be around
Old 10-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #46
I don't get it

No, I'm not RCMP. I've have gotten to know a few of them over the years and most of them are pretty good people when in an informal setting. I've even been out four wheeling with a few of them. Besides, that yard is kinda spooky when it gets dark.

When I was driving down Main St in Vancouver today, I saw a stylishly dressed girl ride her bicycle through the cones in a street repair zone. I thought the workers would yell at her but all they did was stand there and ogle her .
Old 10-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #47

Quote:
No, I'm not RCMP. I've have gotten to know a few of them over the years and most of them are pretty good people when in an informal setting. I've even been out four wheeling with a few of them. Besides, that yard is kinda spooky when it gets dark.

When I was driving down Main St in Vancouver today, I saw a stylishly dressed girl ride her bicycle through the cones in a street repair zone. I thought the workers would yell at her but all they did was stand there and ogle her .
im just curious as to how you were able to get into the city service yard lol? at night time the gates close and you need to radio in to get them opened.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #48
My homepage has been set to RS

A fucking bitch (construction worker) scratched my hood with her stop sign a while a go in north van. I was going slow then stopped just after the stop sign that she was holding. She then put the sign against the hood and she said I'm gonna report to the police that you fail to obey a stop sign. Seriously, construction workers (I'm talking about those bitches who just stand on the street holding a piece of shit, thinking they have the power to do anything on the road), who do they think they are? niggah, please.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #49
I don't get it

Quote:
im just curious as to how you were able to get into the city service yard lol? at night time the gates close and you need to radio in to get them opened.
I've never seen the gates closed. They're always open when we get there, but then it's not that late in the evening. I think some other members of our group have gone in later but no one has ever said anything about the gates.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #50

Quote:
not sure what you mean when you say they signal you to gtfo?

if you mean when they have the "slow" sign and they're waving you to speed up, then what they're basically trying to say is, you dont need to do 10kmph through the work zone, just dont rip it past em doing the full speed limit. or it could mean that they need to get a machine or something in the street and block all traffic so they just want you to hurry up so you dont get stuck in the traffic jam.
dont get me wrong, im not mad, just confused, im usually not in a hurry.. but going 15-20kmph is not too slow..

So Stewie, what is a good speed to go through the construction zone? 25-30kmph?