REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #101
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBeast View Post
The reason why we have the technology we have today is because of Steve Jobs.

That's a bit extreme... but definitely RIP
Advertisement

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #102
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
So many non-contribution zeroes in this thread.

Posted via RS Mobile
they have been dealt with. 96 pts issued out so far

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #103
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
wow u on a role LOL
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #104
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fobulaus View Post
Seriously, what the hell are you smoking? How is he a shady CEO? What are you talking about? Sounds to me you know absolutely nothing about Apple and Steve Jobs.

Are you saying McDonalds and Coca Cola are successful because Warren Buffet invested in them?

You're one of those guys who hate Apple products because you are reluctant to change, and like the attention you get from dissing everybody around you for using an iPhone.
can't speak for that guy, but for me, I don't like Apple's marketing tactics, and annoyed at shit at how the Apple "minions" all judge everyone else who do not have an iPhone. I admit he was great at what he did and was very very successful. No one ever wants to hear about anyone dying.

What annoys me is people reacting like their dad just died though. Like, seriously?
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #105
NSX
NA1

RIP

Bought a Macbook Pro today too =(.
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #106
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
can't speak for that guy, but for me, I don't like Apple's marketing tactics, and annoyed at shit at how the Apple "minions" all judge everyone else who do not have an iPhone. I admit he was great at what he did and was very very successful. No one ever wants to hear about anyone dying.

What annoys me is people reacting like their dad just died though. Like, seriously?
if you own a computer and a mobile phone, you have apple to thank in large for the way both of those devices are today.
ive owned an iphone once, but mostly had different phones. never been judged by apple "minions" for not using one. i think thats in your head.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #107
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
after getting my social feeds bombed with RIP i put on my status "don't really care for some rich CEO dying" or something along the lines...

Now people think im incensitive >:|

The guy who invented this shit is a visionary and saved millions of lives but noone gives a shit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_rice
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #108
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,032 Times in 548 Posts
RIP damn. -.- what a legend

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #109
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

R.I.P. Steve Jobs.

Although I don't know much about him I can only respect one thing only about him not to say that there aren't other great things that he's done, but I really admire his courage and his persistence to even continue working and living. This guy has had pancreatic cancer for the longest time and he still carries on trying to survive and make a difference. Burdening all the pain and suffering knowing that you only have so much time left and yet to make a difference. If that isn't respectable I don't know what is.
Lamboda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #110
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Westboro Church, biggest SCUM on gods green earth

WBC is one massive cult of irony. They hate EVERYTHING, including the country they live in. If they think "God Hates America", then why are they living in the US ?

Anyways, RIP Steve Jobs. I didn't really like the iPhone, but your computers made elementary school fun.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #111
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Not to derail this thread anymore than it already has, but tablets were around for ages prior to the iPad. The only reason why Apple was able to popularize the market was because of the iPhone. The general population was very aware of what the phone could do, so simply creating a larger version of it in the form of a tablet was merely a common sense step. I'm sure if Apple hadn't done it, someone else would have.

That said, RIP. Consider him a visionary or view him as a crook, he still helped push the envelope in terms of marketing (and, unfortunately, control over one's products). However, no one deserves to die of cancer.
Tablets were around for a long time but they were expensive (did I just say that about a non Mac product) heavy and ran a full OS. none of the reps that came into my store liked them. The ones I saw were from Fujitsu. He took products and and redesigned them for mass appeal. If It wasn't for Apple there is no way i would have a touch pad and most people would not even know what a tablet is.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #112
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post

I feel it's completely reversed. I hear far more people bashing Apple products than the other way around. Apple "minions" would talk about how much they like their iphones, but that's far less annoying than "Why would you ever buy a Mac. Apple products are a rip off and they're pieces of shit".

And no, I don't own an iPhone.
fobulaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #113
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
if you own a computer and a mobile phone, you have apple to thank in large for the way both of those devices are today.
ive owned an iphone once, but mostly had different phones. never been judged by apple "minions" for not using one. i think thats in your head.
no it's not in my head... I have friends that own iphones, and colleagues that do as well, it is the same story.. "you should get an iphone... it's the best... X brand sucks... ".

I actually think technology and social media is getting to a point where it is ridiculous. So no, I have no one to thank. I won't thank for seeing people with their heads down looking at their phone while crossing the street, driving a car, or at the dinner table.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #114
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
I own a blackberry... everyone hates me.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #115
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
Just goes to show how you can have more money than God, but all the money in the world can't save you from a terminal disease.

We should take this time to reflect on how lucky we are to have our health, and our loved ones around us.

RIP Mr. Jobs.
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #116
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobulaus View Post
I feel it's completely reversed. I hear far more people bashing Apple products than the other way around. Apple "minions" would talk about how much they like their iphones, but that's far less annoying than "Why would you ever buy a Mac. Apple products are a rip off and they're pieces of shit".

And no, I don't own an iPhone.
I had nothing against Apple, until lately. Apple was "crap" when it was first established. The ipod definitely changed things for Apple and allowed people to open their minds to macbooks and mac stations. But like I said, I don't like how they run business, and for that reason, IM OUT.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #117
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
RIP Mr. CVO (Chief Visionary Officer).
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #118
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
RIP

preety interesting replies in this thread
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #119
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
Quote:
umm i don't think apple's contribution to desktop computers was large in any way.

but i definitely agree that apple made a huge impact in the mobile phone industry, there technology led the way a long time before any other OS

steve jobs may have been a bit harsh when it comes to business, but that's what it takes to run a successful company. when it comes to family and friends, and charity i bet he had the biggest heart

i'm not a apple fan but i am definitely a steve jobs fan
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #120
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Mmmm computers were in every household before Apple and Steve Jobs thank mostly in part by Windows and the boom of the internet.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #121
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
RIP.

I think it doesn't matter if you like Apple's product or not, Jobs truly had a vision on how to change the world. I think the Obama's comment summed up Jobs life pretty well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barack Obama
... brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.
And I think Jobs has inspired many people on so many levels. I still find the speech he gave at Stanford amazing... "Stay hungry, Stay foolish."
Old 10-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #122
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
My favorites of his contributions.

A mouse. iPhone. Pixar. A GUI. A computer.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #123
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
RIP Steve Jobs. He was around my age.

I've been a Mac User since the Apple IIe days. Boy times were tough then. Apple bashing by PC users, that is. I even have a Mac Plus with Wozniak's signature on the inside. Signatures of the design team were stamped on every Mac back then, but the one I have is signed with a pencil, LOL. Saw it when I had to clean the board.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #124
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #125
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

RIP
Honyoung is offline   Reply With Quote