REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   What do I need to prepare when proposing? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/655078-what-do-i-need-prepare-when-proposing.html)

asian_XL 10-07-2011 10:55 PM

What do I need to prepare when proposing?

Quite nervous these days, I need a check list. Need some help here.
In general what do girls expect? The diamond, of course.

Fancy dinner? flowers? in front of friends? family? sing a song? a Mexican playing violin? :facepalm:

:heckno: no plan for some crazy surprise or waste of money events, just need a good script to do it correctly. What DID you do?

saucywoman 10-08-2011 12:56 AM

Do you two have a special place? Whether its a diner or someplace significant take her there to propose.
Posted via RS Mobile

asian_XL 10-08-2011 04:36 AM

Nothing really special in the city where we are staying, she just moved to here around a year, and we were busy all the time. I was thinking Michelin-starred restaurants would be a good idea, but don't now if that would be kind of plain?

99% for sure that it won't go bad, I personally want it quick, ok, hug and wah-la. I don't know if she's thinking the same thing. =/

jeffh 10-08-2011 06:16 AM

next time your driving down the street with her in the pass seat

throw the ring box at her and casually say "so you wanna? or what?"

jkjk

like saucy said, is there a park you guys like or someplace atall with any kind of meaning?

the easy way out is just where you guys met, or went on a first date etc. my brother just got married and thats what he did

illicitstylz 10-08-2011 06:23 AM

prepare your angus
(notsrs)

but prepare for the worst, have a "escape" plan in case she doesn't give you the answer you expect, srsly.

Excelsis 10-08-2011 09:26 AM

dream about it tonight and make it become reality

if that doesn't work out, don't go all out.. be fancy but casual, be serious but funny, you know?

GL :D

dinosaur 10-08-2011 09:30 AM

Its not about what you DO, it is about what you SAY.

If you want to surprise her, don't take her to a fancy restaurant and go over the top....she will be expecting it. Plus, do you want to have an audience?

Maybe go for a nice walk...beach? park? I know the weather is junk right now, but somewhere quiet and romantic is nice.

Regarding diamond? If she is the one...size should not matter. I would kill my bf if he sprung for a huge expensive diamond. My ex-fiance bought a diamond/ring way beyond his means and I felt guilty. It is really not worth it. I'm not telling you to cheap-out on it, but be a little conservative because you still add a wedding ring to it so at some point it will be "bigger" and more elaborate.

We you start to propose, reminisce about the past, how you started dating, how happy you are, how lucky you are, how beautiful she is, what she means to you and how you want to spend the rest of your life with her, etc...

Make is sweet, intimate, special....don't over think it.

dave123 10-08-2011 10:58 AM

go somewhere scenic or memorable.

otherwise you will regret in the future, when you tell your kids how it happened you want it to be a good story.

Drow 10-08-2011 11:31 AM

Make sure u know she'll say yes. Like 100% sure. Im sure ud have discussed about marriage before and base it on that.

At least thats how i do it when i ask a girl to go steady with me... 100% certainty or i better be damn near it
Posted via RS Mobile

Sky_High 10-08-2011 12:01 PM

Coming from asian_XL? :seriously:
What a troll thread :fuckthatshit:

RabidRat 10-08-2011 01:03 PM

Show her your true colors - do something with midgets ;)

Spidey 10-08-2011 01:19 PM

prepare for her to possibly say NO

buddy 10-08-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asian_XL (Post 7605815)
What do I need to prepare when proposing?

rejection

asian_XL 10-08-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 7606111)
Its not about what you DO, it is about what you SAY.

If you want to surprise her, don't take her to a fancy restaurant and go over the top....she will be expecting it. Plus, do you want to have an audience?

Maybe go for a nice walk...beach? park? I know the weather is junk right now, but somewhere quiet and romantic is nice.

Regarding diamond? If she is the one...size should not matter. I would kill my bf if he sprung for a huge expensive diamond. My ex-fiance bought a diamond/ring way beyond his means and I felt guilty. It is really not worth it. I'm not telling you to cheap-out on it, but be a little conservative because you still add a wedding ring to it so at some point it will be "bigger" and more elaborate.

We you start to propose, reminisce about the past, how you started dating, how happy you are, how lucky you are, how beautiful she is, what she means to you and how you want to spend the rest of your life with her, etc...

Make is sweet, intimate, special....don't over think it.

Thanks, I agree to what you said. Need to pick the right place and say the right thing.

We have been together for 5 yrs and lived together for over a year now. This is going to be a 100%-sure thing. I've already ordered a 1.00 caret (very hard to find with all excellent grades), it's within my budget and I feel she deserves it. As for the wedding ring, I haven't had time to look for it, we'll pick the one we like once she says yes.

I know rejection could be a nightmare, I'll see if I could get help from her close friends.

Culture_Vulture 10-08-2011 09:05 PM

http://images.memegenerator.net/inst...x/10499505.jpg

jeedee 10-08-2011 09:10 PM

...So who's the lucky guy, asian_XL? :troll:

ghosty 10-08-2011 09:37 PM

no point in marrying its the means to an end
Posted via RS Mobile

vafanculo 10-08-2011 09:46 PM

Prepare for onegina
Posted via RS Mobile

6793026 10-11-2011 11:31 AM

have a pre-nup

gdoh 10-11-2011 11:59 AM

^id say this

chris rock put it best

saucywoman 10-11-2011 08:30 PM

let's keep this topic serious replies and on topic please

Mr.HappySilp 10-12-2011 11:18 AM

Depends do you want to do it in a place where lot's of ppl will cheer (if she say yes) or just somewhere with only you 2?

CV-EM1 10-12-2011 06:19 PM

act normal..it doesnt have to be fancy...its the element of surprise!

heres some inspiration...my proposal to my fiance...a friend of ours made a short vid for us...

on our first date we went for lunch...cupcakes...and had a mini picnic by English Bay...so i remade the first date...

she had NOOOOOO idea...

her family lives in Edmonton, so I had a friend stream it live from his iphone...that way her fam and friends could watch it live!

Boostslut 10-13-2011 04:34 AM

CV-EM1 i must say..

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...TeV5PvdCMqSJOR

Congrat's!!!

CV-EM1 10-13-2011 04:01 PM

Thank you!
Posted via RS Mobile