REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   road danger (https://www.revscene.net/forums/655316-road-danger.html)

xilley 10-11-2011 08:50 PM

road danger

2 Attachment(s)
Has anyone ever been concerned about the road on rainy days?

especially willingdon the highway part near grandvilla.
every time it rains, you cant even see the lines that serperate the lanes, when you need to cut in.

all the taxes people pay but government cant put up some reflectors down willingdon? yet they keep fixing the roads for some reason.
and willingdon isnt the only road its just a example, many places are also like this..

is there anyway we could complain to the government?

why cant our roads be like this, how much safer it would be to drive

please move if not in proper forum

zulutango 10-11-2011 09:20 PM

I came back up Willingdon on a rainy night on my bike last September and had great difficulty in seeing the lanes. Slowed to almost a crawl so that I could see where I was going. I agree 100% with your post.

xilley 10-11-2011 09:32 PM

exactly.. i dont need glasses and i had to squint my eyes to see and slow down under 30

Bath Tussue 10-11-2011 10:08 PM

i agree 100%.
to make things worse, when they remove old road lines, they leave behind some rough spot that make it LOOK like road lines in the rain, making the lanes even more confusing.

Raid3n 10-11-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bath Tussue (Post 7610508)
i agree 100%.
to make things worse, when they remove old road lines, they leave behind some rough spot that make it LOOK like road lines in the rain, making the lanes even more confusing.

highway1 in burnaby is horrible for that shit...

i don't appreciate being trolled by Transport Canada lol

Sky_High 10-11-2011 10:59 PM

Another area is Knight and 13/12th after the curve heading North bound at night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilley (Post 7610368)
especially willingdon the highway part near grandvilla.

Well...maybe you should stop going to Grandvilla at 4am's :troll:

CRS 10-11-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raid3n (Post 7610588)
highway1 in burnaby is horrible for that shit...

i don't appreciate being trolled by Transport Canada lol

So is Richmond.

Hell, I bet I could name places from all over the Lower Mainland with problems like this.

xilley 10-12-2011 12:40 AM

its to the point that makes me want to go and buy some reflectors and place them on the road, it would cost me what? few hundred bucks? for those stickers?

what is few hundred to our fucking taxes we get Taxed every effin year by the government

its just the feeling of looking down on a nice road and seeing where you are makes you feel so good and safe

makes the city feel more organized as well

dlo 10-12-2011 12:42 AM

The construction between kingsway/patterson to kingsway/boundary.... Holy I see a lot of dumbasses nearly crashin because they are unable to see the line lol, shits hetic at night
Posted via RS Mobile

xilley 10-12-2011 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheDLo (Post 7610673)
The construction between kingsway/patterson to kingsway/boundary.... Holy I see a lot of dumbasses nearly crashin because they are unable to see the line lol, shits hetic at night
Posted via RS Mobile

cant say their dumasses.. only if they were speeding thru it then yeah
but i dont think anyone could even see the lanes at night especially in fogged up rainy weather that we re going to be hit with soon

fliptuner 10-12-2011 10:30 AM

Hwy 1 East, between Brunette and Cape Horn = can't see ANY lines when it rains. Then the Cape Horn itself, especially the overpass heading North towards Coquitlam Centre. I drive this route everyday and even though I know where the lines are (supposed to be) there are a ton of people that just drive down the middle - it's sooo dangerous.

If anyone's ever been to Maui, you'll know what perfect highways look like. Even in the dead of night, in the rain, the reflectors are lit up like a Christmas tree.

zulutango 10-12-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 7611000)
Hwy 1 East, between Brunette and Cape Horn = can't see ANY lines when it rains. Then the Cape Horn itself, especially the overpass heading North towards Coquitlam Centre. I drive this route everyday and even though I know where the lines are (supposed to be) there are a ton of people that just drive down the middle - it's sooo dangerous.

If anyone's ever been to Maui, you'll know what perfect highways look like. Even in the dead of night, in the rain, the reflectors are lit up like a Christmas tree.

For a good reason...so are many of the Tourists there, including a former Premier. :)

fliptuner 10-12-2011 01:28 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rested_dui.jpg

xilley 10-12-2011 09:15 PM

so.. anyway we could complain to the gov. about this?

why not revscene do a group complaint fuck arent we a community !!

BallPeenHammer2 10-12-2011 09:41 PM

cuz the government wouldn't do anything anyway.

ICBC'd be losing out on too much profit :troll:

But seriously, Those places I've all been to during bad weather/lighting conditions. They really ARE dangerous. I can't even see with the HID's....

CRS 10-12-2011 10:10 PM

The sad part is the maintenance is going be difficult and the implementation even more so.

I know most of us will try to justify it as "well it should only cost X to implement and Y to maintain it". What people often fail to recognize is that the mother fuckers who are working for the city get paid a shit ton of money for doing dick all. Not only will they do it at a snails pase but they will do a shitty ass job of it.

This, in turn, increases X^n AND Y^n. You can thank the unions for this BS.