REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   [Confidential] Take a missed chance? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/655446-%5Bconfidential%5D-take-missed-chance.html)

El Bastardo 10-13-2011 08:26 PM

[Confidential] Take a missed chance?

The following post is from an anonymous member. If they would like to reply to any replies please pm me.

So I’m currently stuck in a situation where I’m interested in this girl but I may have missed my chance. I’m currently in my co-op placement as a lab tech, and there’s this person that I want to ask out. I see her maybe once or twice a month and today we crossed paths but chatted a bit even though we were both in a hurry. I had a great chance here but wasn’t able to take it, partially because I chickened out.

Now my question is, how can I or should I ask her out? I will be leaving my practicum site in the next couple of weeks, and chances are I won’t see her. To be honest I don’t know if she’s even remotely interested or not, but I feel like I should take my chances. I was thinking, if I see her then I’ll ask her to hang out. If not, would leaving a note with my contact to someone who I can trust to give it to her be okay or should I just think of this as a lost cause?

Thanks for any input.

tiger_handheld 10-13-2011 08:29 PM

do it now - you got nothing to lose since you are leaving in a couple of weeks.

TOS'd 10-13-2011 08:31 PM

Make an effort to bump into her again. And since you two seem to be in a rush, it gives you an excuse to drop your number or ask for hers before you go on with your day.

Phozy 10-13-2011 08:38 PM

If you cant get the words out, get her number and msg her here and there, and do it some other time. Don't miss the chance; you might not get it again.

melloman 10-14-2011 07:17 AM

Don't get someone else to give her a note.. bumping into her and actually talking or what Phozy said is better.

gdoh 10-14-2011 07:26 AM

^yes please dont give notes lol

face to face or and if you dont see her before you leave then dont sweat it just move on

Psykopathik 10-14-2011 07:50 AM

leave a note? what are you 5 yrs old?

go find her. ask her to coffee. done.

be a man, do the right thing.

Glove 10-14-2011 07:54 AM

just go do it,

whats the worst she can say? no?

then you move on to some other chick,

theres billions of them out there

Mr.HappySilp 10-14-2011 08:07 AM

why not ask her out for a drink next time you see her?
If she even have a bit interest she would have agree then you can get your number form there.

If she isn't interested in you she would say no and you can move on.

Mr.HappySilp 10-14-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo E (Post 7613946)
leave a note? what are you 5 yrs old?

go find her. ask her to coffee. done.

be a man, do the right thing.

Did someone say be a man :fullofwin:

BoostedBB6 10-14-2011 08:37 AM

I'm in with the go for it crowd!
You never know what she could say till you ask her.

dignatas 10-14-2011 09:25 AM

op in university doing a lab practicum and does not know if he should ask a girl out? :suspicious: grow some balls, this ain't high school anymore

Lamboda 10-14-2011 09:44 AM

Just ask her out 'hang out'. Girls will tell you when they're not interested. Take your chances and do whatever. Don't accidentally 'bump' into her but tell her actually what you're there for. It's your choice however though. I advise you to go straight to her and tell her that you're leaving but would it would be cool if you could get some coffee or lunch together.

!Yaminashi 10-14-2011 10:18 AM

Agreed. Be straight up about it, the worst she could say is no she's not interested. Chances are she'll come up with some other excuse to let you down easy.
If not, just shrug it off, cause chances are you'll only see her a handful of times in passing

dachinesedude 10-14-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Yaminashi (Post 7614106)
Agreed. Be straight up about it, the worst she could say is no she's not interested. Chances are she'll come up with some other excuse to let you down easy.

girls work in funny ways, asked a girl out once, didnt get a response, ok whatever got rejected

asked a second time like a month later, got a yes and went out

they play hard to get sometimes, i wouldnt say they're totally uninterested if u get a no the first time

wait a bit, try again, if no again, then they prob really is uninterested

XplicitLuder 10-14-2011 05:43 PM

^ that wud be becus when you basically told her you liked her, and she didnt at first perhaps so she said no, but once they know someone likes them..i believe they start to notice them more ;)

op : you got this buddy just do it up!

Yuffa 10-17-2011 04:53 PM

Better to have tried and fail then to not try at all. No regrets. :fuckyea:

Jackygor 10-18-2011 05:40 AM

Like many have asked before, ask. Why not?

buddy 10-18-2011 01:17 PM

man up and just ask ... what's there to loose?

ask = 50/50 chance
not ask = 0

you do the math ...

BaoTurbo 10-18-2011 01:48 PM

Yea pretty much you don't see her often anyways, so if you get rejected; no problem next one. If you hit a home run, then great.

Start with her number if you can and work your way from there. Things will always unveil itself if its meant to be.

sebTeggy 10-18-2011 09:28 PM

I have never felt shitty after being rejected.... You shouldn't feel scared. Even rejection has a grain of pride associated with it.

Nobody ever sits there being like 'Damnit I got rejected!', nah man! Its always a good feeling, more of a 'At least I tried' feeling.,

Also, ask her! Let us know what happens. Failing is better than not attempting! Plus, you get better with it. The next one will be easier