REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 10-13-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
New dog... finally!!!

As some of you know, late last year I had to put my 13yo Rottie, ChamCham, down after 11 years of loyal companionship. It was one of the hardest things I've ever experienced and takes a bit out of me to even write about it now. I think it took (and is taking) a bit longer than expected to get over it but I know life without a big dog around just isn't very fulfilling for me.

After 6 months of looking at different breeds, purebreds, mutts, rescues, cheap, expensive dogs, I decided life is not complete without a purebred Rottie and I've always had a soft spot for dogs that need help.

Meet Kona:

I picked her up in Calgary last week while visiting my dying aunt. She's 11 weeks old and very neglected. In her 3 months, she'd never been outside, seen another dog or smelled anything other than her own shit and piss. She was apparently owned by people who decided she was more than they could handle, so they chucked her in the basement and left her there. I mean I'm starting from less than zero with this one.

In the 4 days I've had her, she's been bathed several times, is now up to date on vaccinations, socialized with a bunch of new people and in general, finally experienced freedom and a loving home. Although I've owned many dogs (mostly rescues), this is my first puppy. I've never experinced the pleasure (read: pain and frustration) of a big puppy crying and whining throughout the night.... it's fucking LOUD!!! Getting up every 2 hours to let her pee and calm her down is not fun. It was easier to deal with the late night crying and feedings when my son was a newborn (I was a single dad at the time).

It is, however, great to see so much progress in such a short period of time. She's learning how to walk on a leash, pee outside (sometimes) and play nice with our 4yo Yorkie, Buster. Why just this morning when my GF took them out to pee, she gave Buster a golden shower...yay!!! Way to pee outside buddy!!!

Advertisement

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
-Stare-

Thanked 8,013 Times in 648 Posts
nice man!

my dog is just 2 year old now. The change they go through from puppy to adult... make you miss them being puppies sometimes!
ShadowBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #3
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
LOL ur dog is a G, golden shower, markin her as the terrortorie fuck yahh
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

very cute dog. reminds me of my dog when she was a pup
hsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDLo View Post
LOL ur dog is a G, golden shower, markin her as the terrortorie fuck yahh
Posted via RS Mobile
I think you meant territory or in this case TERRIERtory
Old 10-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
looks like his got pretty big thick legs he's going to grow up big

yea the puppy stage is frustration, once it passes you will wish it had last longer
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #7

I'm sure when she gets older I'll get a bit nostalgic about how cute she is but when I think back to what I'm going through now, I'll be so glad she's trained.

The day after I got home, she got a 10sq.ft. kennel lined with old towels and a few toys and an open door so she can go in and out as she pleases. This should help when we have to leave her in there later on since it's her own personal space.

I got her to stop crying at night by taking Buster's little kennel and placing it beside my bed, with a clock resting beside it and an unwashed work shirt inside. I lock her in there while we sleep and stick my fingers through the grate and she feels enough comfort to not cry unless she has to pee. I only had to let her out twice last night and got decent sleep. It's kind of dumb that I didn't put 1 and 1 together and realize she has a smaller bladder, so letting her drink a lot before bedtime wasn't the best idea - lesson learned.

I recently redid the floors at my place but never got to the kitchen, so it's still covered in linoleum - thank God. When I went to buy her kennel and run errands for a couple of hours, I left her in the kitchen and tied a 4ft leash to the bottom of the stove only to come home to a shitopia of mess to clean up. I mean the floor, cupboards, mats, leash and her. I can't even count how many times she's been bathed. Most of her accidents also happen in the kitchen, which is good until she's trained. Raising a puppy and being anal about cleanliness...uugghh.....

Unfortunately, it looks like her little big sister might end up being the submissive one. I was hoping she'd be the boss but I guess I'll be the only one with that job.

Off to Costco to return my shag area rug. She hasn't been on it but it's an accident waiting to happen and it's preventing her from hanging out with us in the living room. I'll buy another one next year when she's trained. Wicked return policy FTW.

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
Old 10-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #8
Female Driven

she is super awesome and cute! my pup...well not really a pup anymore..my 16 month old boxer is constantly challenging me and my family. he is SUCH a rebel!

so many things torn in the house and he's such a headache...but i still love him regardless and i just hope one day he'll settle down i already miss his little puppy face when i first got him at 3 weeks old

----------------------------------
Before sex, you help each other get naked. After sex, you only dress yourself.
Moral of story: In life, no one helps you once you're fucked.
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FI-SP23 View Post
she is super awesome and cute! my pup...well not really a pup anymore..my 16 month old boxer is constantly challenging me and my family. he is SUCH a rebel!

so many things torn in the house and he's such a headache...but i still love him regardless and i just hope one day he'll settle down i already miss his little puppy face when i first got him at 3 weeks old
i totally understand what you're saying lol
i have a 9 month old boxer myself, and he's such a handful sometimes... steals food from the kitchen table and finding random things to chew on..
Old 10-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
Female Driven

Lol my boxer "brembo" steals from kitchen all the time too! He also chewed on the corners of walls and dug through 2 sofas...
Posted via RS Mobile
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:49 AM   #11
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
^ your not alone
my dogs ate all the duck bought for dinner
and chewed up every sofa possible "5"
and walls.. holy shit walls 7 corners easily
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #12
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Cute dog.

I'll agree, puppy is more work (during the middle of the night) then a newborn. That or maybe my wife just took care of more then her fair share with our son?

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:40 AM   #13
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
love this shot, looks like she is looking at the camera and saying "you know this will end badly"

then runs, jumps up, and you get sacked in the nuts...

hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #14
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Lets do a dog meetup soon guys!
nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #15
Hyde's Understudy

fliptuner: i applaud what you have done. I'm a huge dog lover and always have a soft spot for shelter dogs or neglected dogs. One of the only things that can cause me to tear up when i hear about their sad stories.

Hope everything goes well with you and your new companion!
Old 10-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #16
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I got my puppy last year and it was my first dog, and boy was it a lot of work but I think now that he's 16 months old and finally settling down a little bit, you think back and you know it's all worth it. Since this isn't your first dog at least you have a little bit of an advantage. Keep at it and they'll become your best pal for life
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #17

Thanks guys.

A brief update:

Since I haven't been working much lately, Kona's been by my side, solid, for the last 2 weeks - wherever I go, she goes. We've got a pretty solid schedule going and I can tell her bladder control is getting better. I can sleep for almost 6 hours without taking her out to pee. I've been pretty good about knowing when she wants to #2 but if there's an accident and I don't get to her in time, she'll eat it. I'm well aware of why she's doing it and working on getting her out of that habit. Which reminds me, I should get some cayenne pepper powder next time I go shopping. 2 hours of daily walks and leash training is going well. Overall, she's leaps and bounds better than she was just a couple of weeks ago.

Cute little story. I went to play poker on Friday night and my GF watched her for about 8 hours. She said most of the time I was gone, Kona was sitting on the rug by the entrance to the garage, waiting for me to come through.

When my GF and I went to the 'Nucks game yesterday, it was the first time she's been left alone in her kennel (4hrs). I couldn't believe I worried about her almost the same way I did the first time I left my son with a babysitter. As soon as Salo scored, we booted it home...haha

RSUV #7
Old 11-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #18
I am Hook'd on RS

She is so cute!
cocojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #19
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Thanks guys.
Cute little story. I went to play poker on Friday night and my GF watched her for about 8 hours. She said most of the time I was gone, Kona was sitting on the rug by the entrance to the garage, waiting for me to come through.
Bawwwww... reminds me of hachiko.
MeetHanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #20
RS controls my life!

that movie, as a dog lover, gets me every time I watch it. Stupid dogs and their tricks to make us fall in love with them...
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #21
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

No kidding at 2 years my guy now doesn't play with just anyone, infact when I take him to the dog park all he does is sniff and mark. Instead of playing he starts fights by growling and trying to be a punkass, not sure how he decides who to growl at but someone needs to kick his big ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBun View Post
nice man!

my dog is just 2 year old now. The change they go through from puppy to adult... make you miss them being puppies sometimes!
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #22
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Your dog looks pretty cute! It's kind of big..I didnt know a dog grows this fast.
I wish to have a big dog too..but I have 2 cats already and I know they would be upset for sure if I get them a company. lol.
yomitameow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #23
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
In her 3 months, she'd never been outside, seen another dog or smelled anything other than her own shit and piss. She was apparently owned by people who decided she was more than they could handle, so they chucked her in the basement and left her there.
RS Beatdown Crew road trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #24

Short update.

Kona's graduated 12 weeks of dog training. WooHOO!! She's still got a lot of puppy in her but she's starting to settle down. Her resonse to non-verbal commands is getting better and we're working on a "park" command, where she has to stay in a small area until allowed to go with a realease word. She's getting the hang of fetching but she doesn't always want to release her ball/rope right away.

Anyways, here's a few randoms of Buster and Kona from the last 4 months:

They pretty much leave each other alone as seen from these taken today:

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #25
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
release is one of the hardest command for my dog to learn but it has proven to be the most useful command in his repertoire.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote