REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Why do Cyclists think they own the road?? Hostile Cyclist story's??????

I can't stand it when i'm not doing anything wrong and a peice of shit cyclist starts screaming obscenitie's at me cause his space is being apparently cramped. I see all the time them going in any lane they wish and when someone honks at them, they get irate and start swearing. Lik ethe other day i'm driving down 7th ave (1 after Broadway) near West Bway Fit World. a cyclist is in front of me and one is coming towards half block or so away. I keep behind thefirst cyclist and slow down to let the other pass before i go arounf and as he comes he starts screaming and pointing and jabbing his arm like crazy "YOU FUCKING BLAH BLAH!!", And i scream back somthing like "GO F YOUR MOTHER!"I may have been on a street for cyclist's but i was super slow and driving non-agressive and gave the right-away to both cyclists and still got screamed at as just one example.
I'd like this to be a story thread of these type of situations. Sorry if wrong forum.
Advertisement
Outreach is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
I would like to think that I'd come up with a better insult than "GO F YOUR MOTHER".

And you were driving in a cyclist only street?!

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
I would like to think that I'd come up with a better insult than "GO F YOUR MOTHER".

I had to, i forgot to mention the other street was closed off due to Construction. What would you have said lol? Its not like i had a lot of time to react.

Last edited by Outreach; 10-20-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
I would have ran him over, that simple. I dont give half a fuck about bicyclicts they piss me off. If they get in my way there ending up underneath my truck.
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6

Last edited by firebird79_00; 10-21-2011 at 10:51 AM.
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
"FUCK YOU!!! FUCKING BLOWJOB!!!"

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

was driving near that area too 7th-8th ave.

both sides have cars park on the street, i got one dumb fuckn cyclist in front of me, i took the road in the middle to pass him. Another dumb fucking cyclist riding towards me as on coming, he decides to take a HUGE amount of space

I continue to drive in the middle

my friend was like damn tat cyclist tat rode past by was really close ur car
i said i dont care, if he aint scared having a head collision with the car than bring it, he coulda choose to ride a bit closer to his side, instead he thinks a bicycle takes the whole full lane

wat a joke

i would love to see a cyclist get into accident, tat would give me an instant boner.

Seen too many idiots riding thru red lights in DT, they just cant fucking wait or can they
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,664 Times in 334 Posts
Newfag here,

So I got my L (on my 16th) about 5 months ago, and every time I drive by one it scares the shit out of me. I don't know, they seem to swerve a lot, and I don't need a bad driving record that's for sure.

Why don't they just use the fucking sidewalk? I mean in Port Moody there isn't a reason to ride on the road because no one uses the sidewalk anyways.
Noran is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #8
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

cuz cycle fags think they own YOU!
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #9
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Yeah, I hate cyclists that think they own the road. Near the place where I work, they never stop at the 4 way stop and if I don't give them the right of way I would literally t-bone them as I see them racing down the hill. When I'm the pedestrian, same thing, I almost always get nailed by cyclists because they don't want to stop and then go again. If I nail a cyclist someday, like hell I'll stop to help.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #10
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Too many people dont know how to properly ride a bicycle on the road.

I ride my bike too sometimes. Every time i go for a ride, i see that at least half of em cant even ride in a straight line without swerving.
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #11
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNolan View Post

Why don't they just use the fucking sidewalk?
Cause it's fucking against the law for them to ride on the sidewalk.
KO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #12
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

there was this girl who was riding her bike also on the cell phone, ignores the stop sign good thing i stopped in time and she didnt even know what happen cuz she was on the phone and she just continue on.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,102 Times in 243 Posts
1. Pull up alongside annoying biker.

2. "Hey man you dropped something back there"

3. lol
Datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #14
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

a car hitting a cyclist on the road is alot more dangerous than a cyclist hitting a pedestrian on the sidewalk.
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2011, 10:34 PM   #15
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
My parents are avid cyclists, you try riding your bike and have cars whip past you only a couple feet from you. Hell I used to ride my bmx all around town. Whenver I pass a cyclist I always move over meaning i'll take up two lanes because it's a respect thing.

That being said, this is dealing with avid road cyclists not fucking hipster single speeders riding a bike that's too big for them. I honestly don't see why people get so bent out of shape over cyclists, i've never had/seen a problem with em... Maybe i'm just better than the rest of you?

Quote:
Newfag here,

So I got my L (on my 16th) about 5 months ago, and every time I drive by one it scares the shit out of me. I don't know, they seem to swerve a lot, and I don't need a bad driving record that's for sure.

Why don't they just use the fucking sidewalk? I mean in Port Moody there isn't a reason to ride on the road because no one uses the sidewalk anyways.
Have you ever tried riding a road bike on the sidewalk? Shit isn't very practicle and you're likely to wreck a rim or crash. Hell I rode my DH bike on the street and did some pretty funny shens.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #16
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

My aunt had some guy who fell beside her car with "witnesses" and is now sueing her. With no wounds or nothing.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #17
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

3.2 million in bike lanes, helmet rules that are hardley inforced, no accountability, licensing or insurance, and some washed out skater delivery boy drags his 50$ hipster road bike with no brakes down the side of your car only to flip you off like you did some thing to him? We pay enough money in taxes for public transit, those peddle pushing faggots should go ride in circles in the empty parking lot by science world while we hurl sticks at their rims.

Yeah I agree that there are good cylcists out there. The key is the ones who realize that as much as the signs say share the road...it's just a sign. If a car hits you it doesn't change anything your toast. The attitude behind commuter cyclists has to change and licensing and regulations will make them realize that they have to be held at full accountability for every move they make. You may be able to stop faster and or ditch your bike but you cannot accelerate and the road conditions are getting worse and worse, so we find them more and more encroaching of the middle of the lane going 1/4 of the speed of traffic, it's amazing more and more are not hurt.

Hey if you want to race around a track with your stock civic go nuts, but when your racing against f1 you only YOU better watch your ass.

Last edited by Skids; 10-21-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #18
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I was stopped at a red light in the right lane and I guess there wasn't enough room for the cyclist to squeeze past between my car and the curb, so he stopped right behind my trunk/rear passenger wheel area and either kicked or punch my car hard (I didn't see, just heard a loud bang) while screaming leave some room to pass. I put the car in park, got out and proceed to kick his bike with him on it knocking him over onto the street, I told him you hit my vehicle, I hit yours, what you want to do about it. He just proceeded to pick up his bike and walk it away not saying anything.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #19
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,453 Times in 987 Posts
honestly the best insult is this:

unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #20
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
I would like to be the first to say....

WTF?!?!?!?!?! asiufh asohfa

When the FUCK did we start making STREETS for CYCLISTS?!
They SHARE the ROAD with US. Never seen a street ONLY for cyclists. You have those "Bike Routes" which help cyclists get around easier.. but there is no such thing as a STREET FOR CYCLISTS.

If there is, please point me to one so I can order an excavator and dig the street up.
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #21
Banned (ABWS)

Sometimes they ride side by side in one lane, sometimes kind of swerving into second lane. And then when you give them a honk just to kind of say.. "Hey watch out im on your side" they will start screaming "fuck you bla bla!!" I'n a perfect world i would be able to crank my wheel and sideswipe them to the curb.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #22
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
I would like to be the first to say....

WTF?!?!?!?!?! asiufh asohfa

When the FUCK did we start making STREETS for CYCLISTS?!
They SHARE the ROAD with US. Never seen a street ONLY for cyclists. You have those "Bike Routes" which help cyclists get around easier.. but there is no such thing as a STREET FOR CYCLISTS.

If there is, please point me to one so I can order an excavator and dig the street up.
Ya no shit thats a good point.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #23
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
My parents are avid cyclists, you try riding your bike and have cars whip past you only a couple feet from you. Hell I used to ride my bmx all around town. Whenver I pass a cyclist I always move over meaning i'll take up two lanes because it's a respect thing.

That being said, this is dealing with avid road cyclists not fucking hipster single speeders riding a bike that's too big for them. I honestly don't see why people get so bent out of shape over cyclists, i've never had/seen a problem with em... Maybe i'm just better than the rest of you?

Have you ever tried riding a road bike on the sidewalk? Shit isn't very practicle and you're likely to wreck a rim or crash. Hell I rode my DH bike on the street and did some pretty funny shens.
This. I used to dislike cyclists in general too but the more I drive here the more I realize that there are way more asswipe drivers than a-hole cyclists.

And you can't ride on sidewalks, they're way too tight and there are pedestrians with dogs, kids, strolleys, etc. It is also ILLEGAL to ride on a sidewalks, zebra crossings, they'd have to dismount.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #24
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Newfag here,

Because that is illegal dipshit
Mining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #25
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
I've gotten pissed off at some asshole cyclists before. I've just come to avoid and dislike cyclists in general.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote