REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   Winter/cold weather gloves (https://www.revscene.net/forums/655963-winter-cold-weather-gloves.html)

taylor192 10-21-2011 09:12 AM

Winter/cold weather gloves

For all those who ride when the temps hit 0-5C, what gloves are you using?

Last winter I used my summer gloves with heated grips, yet my thumbs would be frozen when I get to work. I bought some silk glove liners, and my hands were definitely warmer, yet even at 5-10C my thumbs still were frozen when I got to work.

My budget is under $100 since I don't ride much in the winter. They don't have to be the warmest (ie the Held gloves have fantastic reviews, yet are $150), cause I do have heated grips, yet they have to be wind/water proof - my summer gloves are not.

racerman88 10-21-2011 03:17 PM

I wore my regular gloves and bought some shell gloves to wear over them to block the wind. Works well, but make sure it doesn't hinder you when gripping your bars. Best to bring your gloves when looking at shell gloves.

//RacingSpirit>> 10-21-2011 07:40 PM

I'd like to know as well... I'm riding a cbr 600rr with no heated grips. If there's no frost or ice on the roads, I'll keep on riding it.

taylor192 10-22-2011 09:59 AM

Well I'm just going to pick a pair online for $50 and try them. Based on the reviews almost all gloves don't work well at 0-5C unless they are bulky winter gloves, in which case I might as well buy over gloves or heated gloves.

Everytime I go to buy the reviews scare me off... most people are complaining about temps 5-10C being cold in winter gloves while I'm riding around in vented gloves with heated grips and only my thumb is getting cold in the same temps. Thus I start reminding myself they are just pussies who get cold easily. :) I hope any non-vented and insulated glove will do.

CharlieH 10-22-2011 04:36 PM

i did sea to sky a few nights ago when it was about 5 degrees outside and wore a pair of latex gloves under my perforated gloves. actually worked very well for me lol.

JGTC 11-05-2011 01:12 PM

i've got a set of gloves that are a touch too big for me, i was thinking of picking up a set of cheap dollar store woolies and wearing them under my oversized gloves.

my main gloves are the samurai's from RSD
the oversized ones are the night hawks from RSD as well.

Raid3n 11-05-2011 01:40 PM

i have the same gloves (samurai) and they're pretty good for just over 100$

Gh0stRider 11-05-2011 02:27 PM

still riding? :fuckthatshit:

CharlieH 11-05-2011 04:08 PM

^

just got home from s2s. i was freezing my nuts off in my one piece haha

Culverin 11-05-2011 04:30 PM

Heck yes I'm riding. Still using summer gloves too...
I need to buy me a pair of winter gloves still...

Raid3n 11-05-2011 04:38 PM

so am i, haha. it's mostly only my hands that are cold lol. and my legs if im wearing jeans instead of leathers.

BillyBishop 01-31-2012 06:17 PM

Bump

Taylor, did you find anything?

I have Joe Rocket Speedmasters and they got a tad cold for me last October with all the vents and perforation.

taylor192 01-31-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boundless (Post 7781207)
Bump

Taylor, did you find anything?

I have Joe Rocket Speedmasters and they got a tad cold for me last October with all the vents and perforation.

No. I picked up some silk liners and combined with my heated grips is good enough for my 20 min commute.

The weather has sucked for riding this winter, no dry days and I refuse to ride in the wet incase I hit some ice in the early morning... yet I may have to order some with the nicer weather coming up.