REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Really bad lower back pain (https://www.revscene.net/forums/656080-really-bad-lower-back-pain.html)

xilley 10-22-2011 08:39 PM

Really bad lower back pain

couple days ago out of no where, this lower back pain started getting to me really bad.
went to acupuncture twice, and honestly it felt like it got worse..
so now i m literally walking leaned further on my right side so the pain dont effect me as much
when i stand or sit and even try to pull up my pants it will hurt as soon a i bend to a certain point.
anyone had this before?

would the doctor make an appointment for mri or ct scan?
or are they going to just tell me to take tylenol again...

thanks

G-spec 10-22-2011 08:49 PM

Ouch, you have pinched a nerve my friend, had that once in my life and the worst pain I ever felt, it eventually migrated to my neck, got so bad that some mornings i literally could NOT get out of bed, spent all day lying down...

Its kinda bad news cuz it takes a long time to heal, unlike muscles and even ligaments a pinched nerve you cant really isolate and stretch or work out y know, definitely go see your doc
Posted via RS Mobile

JayF 10-22-2011 09:14 PM

I have something that fits your description.
I remember lifting something improperly and I felt a release in my lower back. The next day, I had pain in my hip joint and down the side of my leg. After speaking to a doctor and taking x-rays, they diagnosed a slipped disc in my spine that was pinching a nerve. They said it was degenerative and would never fully heal as the disc would be prone to slipping.

I went to the chiropractor and after 10 or so adjustments, the pain went away. I function normally now, but I'm always careful now not to hyper extend my lower back. It may or may not work for you, but I would suggest you give chiro a try.

LSF22 10-22-2011 09:20 PM

My advice is go to the doc. I had similar pain, turned out to be 2 slipped discs in the L5 region, but I never found out it was a slipped disc til approx 4 months later cuz I didn't go see a doc to diagnose it.

If doc thinks its serious enough, you can then make an appointment for an x-ray or MRI.

Teh Doucher 10-22-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilley (Post 7625264)
couple days ago out of no where, this lower back pain started getting to me really bad.
so now i m literally walking leaned further on my right side so the pain dont effect me as much
when i stand or sit and even try to pull up my pants it will hurt as soon a i bend to a certain point.
anyone had this before?

thanks

see a chiropractor. i pretty much went through the same thing during the summer thinking it was a pinched nerve but i got lucky and it was just something else. sorry forgot the exact name of what it was.

xilley 10-22-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-spec (Post 7625273)
Ouch, you have pinched a nerve my friend, had that once in my life and the worst pain I ever felt, it eventually migrated to my neck, got so bad that some mornings i literally could NOT get out of bed, spent all day lying down...

Its kinda bad news cuz it takes a long time to heal, unlike muscles and even ligaments a pinched nerve you cant really isolate and stretch or work out y know, definitely go see your doc
Posted via RS Mobile

damn.. i was just ABOUT to come on the thread and update saying that my neck is starting to feel really sore now..

so what exactly is pinched nerve?
what does it do?
and before this has happened, a few years ago i ve hurt my back due to improper lifting so that part was always a come and go pain through out my last few years, but nothing this serious.
thats why i was never able to work on my back and core because a lil tweek and i could feel the pain

Phozy 10-22-2011 11:01 PM

Doctors > X-rays > chiropractor > physiotherapy for core/lowerback, more physiotherapy, more excercise

Most importantly, be careful.

G-spec 10-23-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilley (Post 7625366)
damn.. i was just ABOUT to come on the thread and update saying that my neck is starting to feel really sore now..

so what exactly is pinched nerve?
what does it do?
and before this has happened, a few years ago i ve hurt my back due to improper lifting so that part was always a come and go pain through out my last few years, but nothing this serious.
thats why i was never able to work on my back and core because a lil tweek and i could feel the pain

pinched nerve is basically the nerve endings that run all up and down your spinal cord, nerves are what connect your brain to the rest of your body and the nervous system is responsible for pretty much everything....
since they are all over the spine this is why the pain will move up and down your back and neck like it ain't no thang, it's like a freeway of pain...

and yea i feel you i had that injury years ago and i have never been able to work out my core either, which sucks major because i'm lean and cut all over my body except i'm missing a 6 pack because of this... i mean i dont have a gut, but it just looks weird when i'm ripped everywhere except my abs, lol :failed:

wish you the best man, get that shit taken care of, nerves ain't nothin to play with

xilley 10-23-2011 11:37 PM

thanks for the info
i m going to fam doctor tomorrow to get it checked up
and yeah.. it does suck when you cant work out certain parts, especially the abs.. the sexiest part for girls. fol lol

Vangruver 10-25-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilley (Post 7625264)
anyone had this before?

thanks

I go through this every winter after snowboarding.

My pain has been happening every year for the last 10+ or so. So much so that everything I have done doesn't help it. Mine was attributed to massive amounts of compression from big jumps and flat landings, and of course, the crashes that result from which.

i have a cane because of it.

mine comes from no where, and lasts anywhere from a day to as much as 2 weeks, leaving me bed ridden as a result.

The last two years, i've looked at what factors were around when the pain started and focusing on how I can strengthen the lower back to the point where the muscles don't "give out".

I've also found yoga to help stretch those muscles, and help increase my flexibility!

changing diet helps as well, and drinking lots of fluids.

Now I stretch before any running/jumping/exercise just to ensure that i rid the return of this again.

zoo 10-31-2011 06:45 PM

You have a pinched nerve. Leave it alone until you see the doc
That happen'd to me, doc gave me a referal to the massage theropist
3 visits later im back to normal
remember to strech those hamstrings. If they are tight, they will pull on your lower back which is one of the causes to lower back pain

xilley 11-01-2011 12:25 PM

yeah it went away after about 2 weeks, but the doctor said it wasnt a pinched nerve.
he said it may just be some soreness or heavy lifting from work
he was going to put me in for CT scan but i healed up and he said it wasnt necessary

wc19 11-02-2011 10:39 AM

Not sure if you do alot of sitting at work but if you do, stretch out the hip muscles as well cause if they tighten up it can cause lower-back pain. Best just do stretch as often as you can, its good for you! :)