REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 12-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #226
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
On the other hand, 5 million will buy you a shit pile of meth.

May not be so inspirational.
Advertisement
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #227
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
On the other hand, 5 million will buy you a shit pile of meth.

May not be so inspirational.
I gotta admit, it's alot more easier to turn back to the dark side. But he hasn't, and the words and message he sends out to the world is "LIVE LIFE" , I for one am tired of this gansta rap that seems to fill our media. I am ready for some "love life" inspirational rap music!! And even if he gave strenghth to just 1 drug user to attempt to change their life around, he has done his job. It's alot easier to not even attempt to quit Meth, and let your life be consumed by it.
Posted via RS Mobile
hillmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #228
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
He hasn't had a chance to "go back" to meth.

He was fresh outta rehab...auditioned and has been on this ride since. If he went back to his home and tired to live a normal life, he probably wouldn't be so clean right now.

I bet he has A LOT of people watchin him...
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #229
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
My prediction for the X Factor winner is Melanie Amaro. She has the most talent in terms of singing ability out of the 3 finalists. I also think she has that "X factor" of stage presence as a performer. What works against Josh K is his age. The dude's over 30.

Chris Rene is an inspirational performer, no doubt about it. I do not think that the American voters will give him enough votes to be the champion.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #230
UBC
Banned By Establishment

i can't say i want chris rene to win.

he can't really sing, all he has is a story that the producers have milked way too much. of course, if he is to get signed, he'll probably adopt a gangster persona simply because thats how a person like him with "a story" would make more money. secondly, LA has totally forgotten why he is such an amazing person. it was because chris wrote his own songs about his own life. his audition totally blew everyone away, but i think once he started singing other songs not written by him, his appeal started to wear off.
UBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #231
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC View Post
i can't say i want chris rene to win.

he can't really sing, all he has is a story that the producers have milked way too much. of course, if he is to get signed, he'll probably adopt a gangster persona simply because thats how a person like him with "a story" would make more money. secondly, LA has totally forgotten why he is such an amazing person. it was because chris wrote his own songs about his own life. his audition totally blew everyone away, but i think once he started singing other songs not written by him, his appeal started to wear off.
I do admit that when he does sing songs not written by him, he doesn't have the appeal that Melanie and Josh has. But my prediction is on the final performance he sings his original song "Same Blood"... light the mic on fire and nails his performance and remind everyone one why they fell in love with him in the first place. I can't wait till his first album comes out....
I can't break away cause
We all got the same blood
Won't stop talking 'bout this
Some haters gonna doubt this

Old 12-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #232

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
This is gonna be a really close vote.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by TypeRNammer; 12-21-2011 at 09:01 PM.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #233
I don't get it

man, chris rene is honestly one of the worst contestants ive ever seen in a reality show final.

fucking crack head. he's a wannabe poser.
Cassijon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #234
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassijon View Post
man, chris rene is honestly one of the worst contestants ive ever seen in a reality show final.

yes I find him not the greats as well but calling him a crack head and wannabe poser is a bit much. He's doing good for himself and he does deserve to be where hes at. Fan's this day and age care about the person more then the music since theres so much BS out there and for that he has everyone mesmerized.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #235
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Holy shit. Melanie's performance made my eyes water and jaw drop. That was world class vocal action. Un fucking believable. My GOD. Still stunned. Absolutely flawless.

I think Josh made the wrong move doing a stripped down performance for his final song. But then that also shows that with zero gimmicks, he just has pure talent and a huge voice. I think Nicole should've made him do a full out, high energy rock song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassijon View Post

I'm not a Renee fan at all. Never was, never will be. But this comment was a bit much.

Moving on, I still strongly believe that true talent deserves to win; but evidently that's not the case, or Chris would've been booted a long time ago.

It's going to be very close. I honestly have no idea who I'd put my money on if I had to.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #236
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillmar View Post
I on the other hand would like Chris Rene to win for these reasons:
1) Inspirational -
Anybody that can turn their life around, even after Meth is inspiring. I've seen people that had everything in life completely destroyed by this drug. As a rapper and a writer, these real life experience will make him more genuine to what his lyrics say or else you would just be a poser like Rick Ross (aka officer Ricky)

2) Writer & composer
The talent of composing your music, writing your lyrics, and performing the final product. Young Homie on youtube has over 10 million hits, and his original material is starting to be talked about more and more. He will sell records, L.A. Reid knows that, and alot of people notice a little favoritism that he has with Chris.

If this was American Idol then I can see why Melanie or Josh deserves to win. But on X-factor where its not only about the voice, Chris has my vote.
right now the winner is not based on how well the performances are for each contestant, it only boils down to how many fans they have, and with Chris' audition vid getting 10 mil hits on youtube, i think xfactor is more about talent and I think that Chris might win this.
robotmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #237
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
On vocals, Melanie wins.

But Chris wins. He just does. His original song is fantastic. His personality is infectious. Can't hate on him. I love that he just seemed so psyched and happy to be there.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:50 AM   #238
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

R Kelly out sang Melanie tonight.

I want Josh to win but Chris will probably win it all.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #239
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Yeah, putting Melanie in such a low key really hindered her potential to shine with R Kelly.
But I still can't get over her final song. Just absolutely shocking. Respect to LA Reid for admitting that Melanie's performance "wasn't a 5 million dollar performance, it was a 50 million dollar performance."

I pray that Melanie or Josh wins. But I have a gross feeling that Chris might win.
I still strongly believe that true talent and skill should come out on top.
Posted via RS Mobile
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #240
In RS I Trust

Can someone post a clip from Melanies final performance? I'm at work and can't click on yourtube
Old 12-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #241
Banned By Establishment

Overall, I was pretty disappointed last night.

I wish the did the celeb thing tonight, after everyone had voted as I don't think we really got to see the potential of the singers.

I was also pretty disappointed with Josh's songs last night....he sung them well, but I wanted something big for his final song. I fault Nicole for this....I think she digs the ballads and slow songs better.

Other than that, I thought everyone did "ok". No surprise with Melanie and though Chris' second song was good, I think his first was terrible!. His second song also sounded way too much like his "where do we go from here" song he did a couple weeks ago...

Meh...still hope Josh wins, but he won't.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #242
In RS I Trust

Found her vid and wow she was good but thats no surprise

Old 12-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #243
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Overall, I was pretty disappointed last night.

I wish the did the celeb thing tonight, after everyone had voted as I don't think we really got to see the potential of the singers.

I was also pretty disappointed with Josh's songs last night....he sung them well, but I wanted something big for his final song. I fault Nicole for this....I think she digs the ballads and slow songs better.

Other than that, I thought everyone did "ok". No surprise with Melanie and though Chris' second song was good, I think his first was terrible!. His second song also sounded way too much like his "where do we go from here" song he did a couple weeks ago...

Meh...still hope Josh wins, but he won't.

They all sang their audition song.
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #245

Who won?! I don't have access to a tv
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #246
Need my Daily Fix of RS

1)Melanie
2)Josh
3)Chris
Old 12-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #247
Banned By Establishment

a little anti-climatic...
Old 12-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #248
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

pretty obvious Melanie was going to win once we found out Chris was 3rd.
I found it weird that she had to sing another song minutes after she won.
That was strange and bad timing obviously because she couldn't even sing.
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #249
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Wow, Rene is 3rd? Surprising. Thought he'd be second as the people that vote for talent split between Melanie and Josh.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #250
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Twas lame.

She'll go nowhere. Great voice, don't get me wrong, but yippie! There is just nothing that excites me.

The more I watched, maybe chris would have been a btter choice. Weaker singing, but more to the story. At least he'd sing from the heart.

God...I'm starting to sound like nicole, "your light just radiates from your soul!"
Posted via RS Mobile
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote