REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 11-11-2011, 12:06 AM   #51
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I don't know who's going to win but that Astro kid will get a deal. Guaranteed. No matter what that kid will have an album out in 2012.

He's EASILY the most marketable. He's got a kid voice but an adult flow. Kid has style and swag. His lyrics have emotion and intensity but they're clean and positive. The problem with clean rap today is that the lyrics were written with swearing originally and changing it ruins the original intent of the song but this kid writes it like that straight up. That's going to be HUGELY marketable to kids and this kid has enough talent to sell records to adults.

And this kid seems so genuine. He's totally stoked to just be there and so respectful even with that arrogance. Impossible to dislike.

AND WHAT THE FUCK...ASTRONAUTS. Marketable. Fuck you LA Reid is going to make a fortune off this kid.
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #52
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
AND WHAT THE FUCK...ASTRONAUTS. Marketable. Fuck you LA Reid is going to make a fortune off this kid.
THIS. I lost my shit when he referred to his fans as astronauts. He's on a completely different level from the other contestants. I don't even see him as a contestant anymore.

I'm really hoping Melanie boosts up her stage presence because her voice is flawless and I'd hate to see her go.

... and was it just me, or did stacy francis remind you of oprah when she performed?
MeetHanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #53
...in the world.

Ever wonder why Lady Gaga is so successful? That "Little Monsters" shit of hers is powerful marketing.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2011, 08:46 AM   #54
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetHanz View Post
THIS. I lost my shit when he referred to his fans as astronauts. He's on a completely different level from the other contestants. I don't even see him as a contestant anymore.

I'm really hoping Melanie boosts up her stage presence because her voice is flawless and I'd hate to see her go.

... and was it just me, or did stacy francis remind you of oprah when she performed?
This is because he has LA Reid in his corner and he knows how to market an artist like no one on that stage because he is one of best in the business. Right there is the reason why he's going to take off and will probably win the show cause Reid is on a different level compaired to Paula and Simon and when Simon looked over and said I'm so annoyed right now is because he knows it as well.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #55
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Astro will get signed for sure.. and will be making way more than $5million with LA Reid.. But something tells me he won't be winning the whole competition.

If I was forced to put money on someone taking the whole thing, I'd honestly bet on Drew. (A little technical here.. if there's any musicians/singers in the house..) Her falsetto and head voice are so different and so distinct.. When most singers sing high, they all sound very similar in tone. But Drew has a certain distinction and uniqueness to her voice that's very commercially marketable. I can hear her singing an intense chorus for Eminem, Bruno Mars, Bieber, or hell, even Astro when he gets signed. Simon is doing one hell of a job with her. All her song choices have been pretty much on point.

Aside from Drew, my favourites are Leroy and Melanie.. But I doubt Leroy will make it much further.. and I have no idea what's going to happen with Melanie - I think she has a decent shot at winning as well, but she really lacks character... But again, so did Leona Lewis.

In the end.. You never know who's voting for who down there..

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 11-14-2011 at 08:49 PM.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #56
How I Mod your mother

Astro is probably my favorite right now because of his originality. I REALLY like that he writes his own lyrics. Agreed with everything Ronin said
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #57
In RS I Trust

Well Astro killed it again. Gotta love the comments he makes at the end saying the girls of course and the Stereo hawgs are there and of course happy bday to his sister, the American public must be eating this shit up. LA Reid so knows how to work this.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #58
...in the world.

Watching this week's on YouTube. Astro destroyed that. That bit through the hook just killed it. Kid is so grounded...amazing. Addresses all the judges as sir and ma'am. Loves his mom...shoutouts his little sister on her birthday...there's just nothing to not like about him.

I finally figured out who Drew sounds like...the chick from The Cranberries. Think about it.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #59
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Sooo sickk.

Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #60
In RS I Trust

Tossing some biggie in there was fricken smooth, I still think he has a ghost writer its that good.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #61
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Sherzinger is ruining careers.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:41 AM   #62
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

^ lol. i gotta admit though.. nicole head banging and rockin' out to Krajciks' song was pretty hot LOL..

Astro killed it again last night.. but everyone was saying that it wasn't "rock" as it was their theme last night.... whatever tho, killed it haha... They actually played his performance on the radio this morning and sounded damn good..
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #63
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Astro is gonna win this thing hands down. He has so much flo. Writes his own lyrics. And he is bringing hip hop back. I love listening to his songs compared to the shit we hear now on the radio.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #64
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
Astro is gonna win this thing hands down. He has so much flo. Writes his own lyrics. And he is bringing hip hop back. I love listening to his songs compared to the shit we hear now on the radio.
America doesn't vote according to talent though. Popularity wins and whoever can relate to the population will take it.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #65
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Tossing some biggie in there was fricken smooth, I still think he has a ghost writer its that good.
+1000

im starting to think he has a ghost writer too, he's writing these crazy stuff on a WEEKLY basis, kinda hard to believe
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #66
I STILL don't get it

^ Astro is good; flow, delivery, content.
But I'm sorry, the kid is too young. I can't take anything that comes out of his mouth seriously.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #67
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
No 14 year old kid is ever going to bring hip-hop back. Real Hip-hop never left.
Sky_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #68
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
can't believe astro was in the bottom 2....so stoked that that screaming cunt is finally gone though.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #69
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_2000 View Post
No 14 year old kid is ever going to bring hip-hop back. Real Hip-hop never left.
Auto tune destroyed hiphop
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #70
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

did I say auto tunes was real hip hop?

Real hip-hop can still be found today you just have to not listen to a lot of the garbage played at top 40 radio. I love it when middle age white men who smokes way to much weed and teaches a bunch of elementary school kids in the boonies tell me that hip hop is dead. I guess rock and roll is dead too. People need to learn that just because it doesn't sound like the music you grew up with doesn't mean it's not decent music. Like everything in life hip-hop has changed and evolved, some for the better some for the worst. But to discount a whole genre because of a handful of songs played on top 40 is pure stupidity.
Sky_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #71
In RS I Trust

but auto tune killed it no questions asked. Yes there is real hip hop out there Common is rocking it hard right now but plain and simply main stream hip hop has been killed and thats what you are talking about. I've been listening to rap since 89 my first tape was Public enemy it takes a nation of millions to hold us back so don't even try to say that real hip hop is out there cause nothing compares to what we had in the mid 90's with real rhymes and good beats.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #72
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Auto tune destroyed MUSIC
corrected

download an autotune app and try it
then punch urself in the face after realizing how fucking stupid it is.

but this is just how the industry has evolved
no longer are we just looking for talent, its gotta be MARKETABLE talent. This is where Astro succeeds.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #73
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Astro had a really crabby attitude in tonight's performance.
Posted via RS Mobile
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #74
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

What a baby Astro is at the end. Man up son.
ursher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #75
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I dont' use twitter but read that astro has one and here's some of his current
tweets.

AstronomicalKid Brian Bradley
Its funny how people are quick to judge not knowing whats going on behind the scenes. Maybe I should have given my Disney smile instead!
1 hour ago

AstronomicalKid Brian Bradley
Politics!! don't be fooled by what you don't know! Thank you AstroNauts for holding me down!
3 hours ago
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote