REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Beavis and Butt-Head (2011) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/656422-beavis-butt-head-2011-a.html)

CorneringArtist 10-27-2011 06:28 PM

Beavis and Butt-Head (2011)

They're back, and Mike Judge hasn't lost his touch. The format has been updated slightly to match current pop culture, but the core of the show is the same. IMO, I haven't laughed so hard at a animated comedy since the older Simpsons episodes.

my1es 10-27-2011 08:52 PM

brilliant !!

ae101 10-27-2011 09:24 PM

OHHHHHHHHHHH SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT THERE BACK

anyone know where i can DL the new B&B eps

CorneringArtist 10-27-2011 09:36 PM

Icefilms I guess. It's already there.

StylinRed 10-28-2011 10:23 AM

thought he was going to bring them back afterkoth ended
Posted via RS Mobile

dignatas 10-28-2011 12:05 PM

It's too bad B&B stopped airing, if it had continued then ppl would have eventually seen how awful it was, I mean it's not even "so-awful-it's-hilarious" it's just unbelievably boring and gross. And now it's being revived due to people's damn nostalgia...you wouldn't be happy that it was back if they had kept it on air for 5 more years.

CorneringArtist 10-29-2011 09:20 AM

It might be on the awful side, but to me it's ten times funnier than the animated bullshit that's on right now. The Simpsons and South Park are running out of ideas, Family Guy's writers aren't even trying, and don't even get me started on the pieces of shit Bob's Burgers, The Cleveland Show, and American Dad are. That new animated show by Jonah Hill looks like bullshit trying to capitalize on hipsters as well.

As it sits, Mike Judge looks like he's the only one actually trying.

Gary Oak 10-29-2011 12:02 PM

first time watching B&B and i liked it:fullofwin:

DA9ve 10-30-2011 09:29 PM

jbsali 10-31-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DA9ve (Post 7670300)

sega b&b? :fuckthatshit:

super nintendo b&b :megusta:

Gumby 10-31-2011 09:55 AM

Beavis & Butt-Head isn't for everyone. The humour is really stupid, but for some reason I really like it. :)

!Shuya80 10-31-2011 10:09 AM

This show made me walk around my house as a kid screaming IAM CORNHOLIO! With the shirt over my head n everything...

death_blossom 11-03-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorneringArtist (Post 7633439)
It might be on the awful side, but to me it's ten times funnier than the animated bullshit that's on right now. The Simpsons and South Park are running out of ideas, Family Guy's writers aren't even trying, and don't even get me started on the pieces of shit Bob's Burgers, The Cleveland Show, and American Dad are. That new animated show by Jonah Hill looks like bullshit trying to capitalize on hipsters as well.

As it sits, Mike Judge looks like he's the only one actually trying.

how can you rag on South Park? personally, I think South Park has evolved into a much more intelligent show than it originally started as.

as for Beavis & Butthead, I saw the first episode of this revival. I thought it was pretty hilarious. as a teenager, I thought that B&B was just "okay". I didn't understand the humour. but from watching this new episode, it was funny as I understood all the pop culture references. makes me think if maybe Mike Judge has made his humour more "intelligent" (a la Office Space), or I've grown into his humour.

Jer3 11-03-2011 09:08 PM

use to love beavis and butthead as a kid. parents would always bitch at me for watching it lol. i watched the first episode of the 2011 series and it definitely stays true to the old one with some tweaks. loved the jersey shore, skrillex and mgmt mv/tv segments.

CorneringArtist 11-05-2011 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by death_blossom (Post 7675766)
how can you rag on South Park? personally, I think South Park has evolved into a much more intelligent show than it originally started as.

as for Beavis & Butthead, I saw the first episode of this revival. I thought it was pretty hilarious. as a teenager, I thought that B&B was just "okay". I didn't understand the humour. but from watching this new episode, it was funny as I understood all the pop culture references. makes me think if maybe Mike Judge has made his humour more "intelligent" (a la Office Space), or I've grown into his humour.

Don't get me wrong here, I find the newer episodes hilarious and well thought out, it's just it seems like they're running out of things to rag on or make fun of. I watched the mini documentary where they planned out the Human CentiPad epsode, and it looked like a ton of work.

This week's episode was pretty good as well.

death_blossom 11-06-2011 01:53 AM

^
you're right on the writing and production schedule they have. they're just screwing themselves over by doing everything last minute and on such a short time line. but maybe that's where some of their best stuff comes from.

fliptuner 11-06-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Shuya80 (Post 7670720)
This show made me walk around my house as a kid screaming IAM CORNHOLIO! With the shirt over my head n everything...

"I'm from Lake Titicaca!!! I have but one bunghole. Do you have TP? TP for my bunghole?"

StylinRed 11-06-2011 04:24 AM

friend looked just like beavis in hs ahh good times