REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

View Poll Results: What is your stance on marijuana?
Legalize it, regulate it, tax the hell out of it. 181 83.03%
Marijuana should not be legalized, but don't institute mandatory minimums. 17 7.80%
Institute madatory minimum sentences for marjiuana related crimes. 20 9.17%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2015, 03:20 PM   #101
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I'm more curious if Stylinred has had a sip of alcohol in the past 4 years?

Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2015, 03:33 PM   #102
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Spoiler!
Old 07-16-2015, 03:49 PM   #103
In RS I Trust

Wow I didn't even plan that...
Old 07-16-2015, 04:22 PM   #104
Editor

Quote:
Wow I didn't even plan that...
BULLSHIT
Old 07-16-2015, 04:44 PM   #105
In RS I Trust

I'm not even joking, swear to the RS gods I didn't look at the time or plan it at all.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:10 PM   #106
Editor

Quote:
I'm not even joking, swear to the RS gods I didn't look at the time or plan it at all.
okay man
Old 07-16-2015, 06:14 PM   #107
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
haha! that's golden.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:13 PM   #108
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I don't partake, nor do I think it should be outlawed with mandatory minimum sentences like in the US.

It should be legal, look how much tax revenue Colorado is getting. And it should also be heavily regulated for quality. Not like alcohol where Labatt and Molson control the retail alcohol market in Canada and churn out crap beers.

There should also be research on how THC impairs your driving; we know the threshhold for impared driving is 0.05 (bylaw) or 0.08 (Criminal Code of Canada) percent concentration of alcohol in your blood by volume, but we don't know the equivalent for THC because cannabis is a schedule I drug in the US (which means is deemed to have no medical or research uses ever). Also, unlike alcohol, THC stays in your system for up to 10 days but its psychoactive effects generally last about 6-8 hours, so if you do a drug test you may not be impaired but still test positive for THC. I know drug tests aren't as common in Canada for employment unless it's a high risk job, but they're common in the US, and even welfare recipients take drug tests in some states.

Also I don't think that teenagers should smoke cannabis too much. Their brains are still developing and there have been very consistent, impartial studies showing that long-term cannabis use by teenagers can lead to neurological and cognitive issues later in life. If they're going to experiment, they should limit their use to a few times a month maximum, and vape instead of smoke the product. And vaping is far better for the lungs than smoking, no matter if you're a teenager or an adult.
GojiraBNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #109
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GojiraBNR34 View Post
And vaping is far better for the lungs than smoking, no matter if you're a teenager or an adult.

After I quit, the first 2 weeks I was coughing up huge chunks of tar. Now I don't cough at all anymore. Only been about a month now.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #110
Need to Seek Professional Help

Its the devils drug... And yes I'm a hypocrite...
Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2015, 04:40 PM   #111
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
After I quit, the first 2 weeks I was coughing up huge chunks of tar. Now I don't cough at all anymore. Only been about a month now.
That's how it always is it seems, I've taken 2/3/4 week breaks in the past and each time after about two you hack up a bunch of shit. Somewhat encouraging health wise lol
Old 07-17-2015, 05:42 PM   #112
Banned (ABWS)

I'm so happy now that I've quit weed. Life feels like it has purpose and meaning again. The fog of weed feels so amazing and you can just live however you want and constantly say "fuck it" while enjoying the liberty that marijuana gives you to think the most bizarre and creative thoughts. It is a blanket of peace and tranquility until you realize it merely blunts things that adults would otherwise want to stand up and challenge.

After quitting weed, I was like, fuck it, I can't stand living around crackheads, vomit, feces, needles, litter and the constant barrage of insanity of the DTES. I'm moving to Marpole and I rented a house near 60th and Oak.

Marijuana is like the frog in the water for your brain. At first, it turns up the heat a little and you don't notice it. After years you might finally notice the boiling going on around you but the weed still feels so relaxing and good. It really is an odd fog, a blunting of your true emotions that allows the petty and trivial to take over your thoughts. On marijuana, who gives a shit about major issues because there's some new video game to play, or other distraction, or food, or whatever, to keep your mind entertained on a low level of thinking. Yes, of course there is a creative aspect to it, but few people are truly successful when they have a marijuana addiction because nearly everything in life is half-assed. I admit, I totally half-assed, or no-assed my book's marketing. I had the creative edge, but did not even understand WHY it was so important to me to get this message out there. Marijuana is a medication, I firmly believe it, but it can blunt, or soften life, too much.

Marijuana is not physically addictive, but mentally it is a sanctuary for your angst. If you quit weed, you begin noticing things about the world around you that you really might not like. You'll begin to notice people around you littering, for example. Fuck that is such a pet peeve of mine. While walking to the gym, I noticed some fucking fat poncho-wearing bitch just scarfing down a cheeseburger outside of Tinseltown this afternoon and then tossing the wrapper to the ground. Shit like that I would have never noticed while high because I'd be lost in my own entertaining thoughts.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:19 AM   #113
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Was wondering why I was getting thanks to this old topic

Quote:
I'm more curious if Stylinred has had a sip of alcohol in the past 4 years?

Nope, nothings changed there since
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2015, 05:44 AM   #114
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Legal, taxed, and regulated.

The current state of decriminalization and "look the other way" leaves consumers with no legal recourse should they be wronged.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 08:25 AM   #115
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Spoiler!
oh come on....
Old 07-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #116
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

people will abuse this drug and it makes them into losers or wannabe rappers like these people here

so no I do NOT want marijuana to be legalized. It should be actively boycotted. which nobody seems to have the guts to stand up because this city has turned into pot city

Last edited by Gululu; 07-18-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #117
Banned (ABWS)

Gululu single???
Old 07-18-2015, 07:54 PM   #118
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Legalize and regulate, more education. Less crime, more revenue.

The smell are disgusting, should be common sense/ etiquette to not smoke it at public events/ public places. If it is legalized, there should be designated place people go to get high and not affect everyone else.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 08:44 PM   #119
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
The smell are disgusting, should be common sense/ etiquette to not smoke it at public events/ public places.

A lot of marijuana smokers have a severe sense of entitlement to "freedom"

When I ride the seawall, at least a few times I will smell people smoking weed. Super annoying.