REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #26
Who's naughty? I___i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky View Post
like all tickets just dispute it, chances are cops will not even show up and you save money in your pocket. all the other people on here saying to pay it cause its your fault, just wants your money to go to the city..
How can you be so confident that the cop won't show up? I just attended two court sessions and not once was there a "no show" ... just because you got lucky doesn't mean there is a high probability.
Advertisement
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #27
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Chances are higher that the cop will show up rather then not, they get paid overtime to show up to court dates now.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #28
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
(c) every private place or passageway to which the public, for the purpose of the parking or servicing of vehicles, has access or is invited,
So my driveway on my property WHICH is accessible to the public, and is for parking, is also under jurisdiction of the MVA? If I were to sit in my car with the engine running but not wearing a seat belt a PO can give me a ticket? What if I were to park a car that was uninsured on my driveway which is "accessible" to the public?
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #29
I subscribe to Revscene

That's why I put my seatbelt on even when turning the car around in the driveway...

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #30
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
(4) A person in a motor vehicle being driven or operated on a highway must, if the motor vehicle has properly attached to it a seat belt assembly for the seating position occupied by that person, wear the complete seat belt assembly in a properly adjusted and securely fastened manner.

(5) Subsection (4) does not apply to a person

(a) driving a motor vehicle in reverse,

(b) who is in possession of, and produces on request to a peace officer, a valid and subsisting certificate

(i) issued by the superintendent on the recommendation of a medical practitioner, or

(ii) in the form established by the superintendent, signed by a medical practitioner and issued for a period not exceeding 6 months,

certifying that the person is,

(iii) for the period stated in the certificate, unable for medical reasons to wear a seat belt assembly, or

(iv) because of the person's size, build or other physical characteristic, unable to wear a seat belt assembly, or

(c) who is actually engaged in work that requires him or her to alight from and re-enter the motor vehicle at frequent intervals and who, while engaged in that work, does not drive or travel in that vehicle at a speed exceeding 40 km/h, or

Insurance

3) A person must not drive or operate a motor vehicle or trailer on a highway unless

(a) the person is insured under a valid and subsisting driver's certificate, and

(b) the motor vehicle and the trailer, if any, are insured under a valid and subsisting motor vehicle liability policy evidenced by an owner's certificate.

registration

Offences
13 (1) A person commits an offence if the person drives, operates, parks or is in charge of a motor vehicle or trailer on a highway

(a) without the licence required by this Act for the operation of that motor vehicle or trailer having been first obtained and being then in force

In other words, the vehicle can't be on a "highway" unless it has a "licence" ie/...must be registered. That is why an uninsured vehicle is removed from the Hwy...because it lacks a licence. Obtaining a "licence " in Bc means getting it insured as part of the process.

Last edited by zulutango; 11-03-2011 at 02:25 PM.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote