REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Favorite Documentries (https://www.revscene.net/forums/656746-favorite-documentries.html)

Spartacus 11-02-2011 01:48 AM

Favorite Documentries

Its been a while since I've last watched a really good documentary. The old thread is archived so I thought it would be a good idea to start a new one.

Some of my favorites.

Who killed the electric car (2006) - explores the creation, limited commercialization, and subsequent destruction of the battery electric vehicle in the United States.

cocaine cowboys (2006) - explores the rise of cocaine and resulting crime epidemic that swept the American city of Miami, Florida in the 1970s and 1980s.

Food, Inc. (2008) - examines corporate farming in the United States, concluding that agribusiness produces food that is unhealthy, in a way that is environmentally harmful and abusive of both animals and employees.

Waiting for superman/lottery (2010) - analyzes the failures of American public education by following several students through the educational system, hoping to be selected in a lottery for acceptance into charter schools.

sicko (2007) - investigates problems in health care in the United States, focusing on its health insurance and the pharmaceutical industry greed.

An inconvenient truth (2007) - exposing climate changes/issue of global warming being recognized as a problem worldwide.

and.... Justin Beiber: never say never (2011):troll:

Armind 11-02-2011 01:49 AM

Trance MOD? :fuckthatshit:

UNCE MASTER IN THE HOUZE

dignatas 11-02-2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonlightmaskman (Post 7673237)
Its been a while since I've last watched a really good documentary. The old thread is archived so I thought it would be a good idea to start a new one.

Some of my favorites.

who killed the electric car (2006)
cocaine cowboys (2006)
Food, Inc. (2009)
Waiting for superman/lottery (2010)
sicko (2007)
An inconvenient truth (2007)

and.... Justin Beiber: never say never (2011):troll:

can you give a brief description of what those documentaries are about?

donjalapeno 11-02-2011 07:51 AM

Auschwitz inside the nazi state....bone chilling documentary.

SkinnyPupp 11-02-2011 07:55 AM

Grizzly Man is my favourite documentary, and one of my favourite movies of all time

Also, Senna was really good

unit 11-02-2011 08:37 AM

grizzly man was pretty good

Jonestown: The Life and Death of Peoples Temple

TheKingdom2000 11-02-2011 02:27 PM

Amazing Documentaries Please Post Here!!

Hey guys,

I'm really into documentaries.
Mostly about science, ancient world (ie. egypt), under water.

I was just wondering if any of you had suggestions.
I've seen magical egypt, but that's a little slow. Still interesting, but really slow.

The last one I've seen was one on DMT.
"DMT - The spirit Molecule"
DMT - The Spirit Molecule Documentary 1/5 - YouTube

But, I know there are a lot more out there. But, I honestly do not know where to look. So if you guys have any suggestions, please please post them here!

Thanks so much!!

unit 11-02-2011 02:35 PM

what.......
are you punking us or something

KingDeeCee 11-02-2011 04:27 PM

Ancient Aliens

:troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

rsx 11-02-2011 05:46 PM

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room

I loved it.

shawnly1000 11-02-2011 06:13 PM

Inside Job - some awesome interviews/responses from high level people in the finance industry

k3mps 11-02-2011 06:16 PM

The Greatest Movie Ever Sold (2011)
Bowling for Columbine (200x)
The Fab Five (2011)

OTG-ZR2 11-02-2011 06:53 PM

Carts of Darkness-

In the picture-postcard community of North Vancouver, filmmaker Murray Siple follows men who have turned bottle-picking, their primary source of income, into the extreme sport of shopping cart racing.

Enduring hardships from everyday life on the streets of Vancouver, this sub-culture depicts street life as much more than stereotypes portrayed in mainstream media.

The films takes a deep look into the lives of the men who race carts, the adversity they face, and the appeal of cart racing despite the risk.

Carts of Darkness | Watch Free Documentary Online

-------

The Union: The Business Behind Getting High-

BC's illegal marijuana trade industry has evolved into a business giant, dubbed by some involved as 'The Union', Commanding upwards of $7 billion Canadian annually. With up to 85% of 'BC Bud' being exported to the United States, the trade has become an international issue. Follow filmmaker Adam Scorgie as he demystifies the underground market and brings to light how an industry can function while remaining illegal. Through growers, police officers, criminologists, economists, doctors, politicians and pop culture icons, Scorgie examines the cause and effect nature of the business - an industry that may be profiting more by being illegal.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007

Sky_2000 11-02-2011 07:32 PM

Really surprised no one has mentioned Blue Planet or Human Planet yet?!

King of Kong - A fist Full of Quarters-- Diehard video game fans compete to break World Records on classic arcade games.

Jesus Camp - This hard-to-watch film follows three children who attend a charismatic Christian summer camp called Kids On Fire in North Dakota. The kids speak in tongues, believe global warming is a political conspiracy, and bless a cardboard cutout of George W. Bush. There’s no need for a narrator or editorial opinion—the footage says it all. It’s no surprise that the camp closed after the film’s release.

Man On Wire - In 1974, high-wire walker Philippe Petit fulfilled a longstanding dream by sneaking into New York’s World Trade Center, stringing a cable between the tops of the two towers, and—with almost unfathomable guts—walking across it without a net.

palepilsenpin0y 11-03-2011 12:03 AM

The Cove.

Definitely a must-watch

Fobman 11-03-2011 12:04 AM

any good bodybuilding documentaries?

Splmash 11-03-2011 08:03 AM

http://www.revscene.net/forums/65674...umentries.html

unit 11-03-2011 09:11 AM

^king of kong is definitely a favorite.

Presto 11-03-2011 11:01 AM

The Corporation (2003)

Quote:

Since the late 18th century American legal decision that the business corporation organizational model is legally a person, it has become a dominant economic, political and social force around the globe. This film takes an in-depth psychological examination of the organization model through various case studies. What the study illustrates is that in the its behaviour, this type of "person" typically acts like a dangerously destructive psychopath without conscience. Furthermore, we see the profound threat this psychopath has for our world and our future, but also how the people with courage, intelligence and determination can do to stop it

Gt-R R34 11-03-2011 01:27 PM

Senna

Awesome movie, I watched it on the plane.

chin3se604 11-03-2011 02:20 PM

Hondaracer 11-03-2011 06:07 PM

Alone in wilderness - probably the greatest self-filmed peice of media ever done

There's a tonne of really good chernobyl ones that I really enjoyed
Posted via RS Mobile

MDMA 11-03-2011 09:13 PM

Zeitgeist

It will mindfuck the shit out of u
Posted via RS Mobile

threezero 11-03-2011 11:24 PM

what is that movie/documtary call, a man went out hiking by himself and got his arm stuck by a rock and was stuck there for a long time before he finally cuts his arm off?

Splmash 11-03-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 7675990)
what is that movie/documtary call, a man went out hiking by himself and got his arm stuck by a rock and was stuck there for a long time before he finally cuts his arm off?

127 Hours. You can't consider it a documentary though.