REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
I subscribe to Revscene

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacman?

May 5th is the target date??

Floyd Mayweather to face Manny Pacquiao on May 5 at MGM Grand

who wants to go vegas?
Advertisement
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Want it to happen but I have a feeling there is gonna be some pre-fight bullshit that will prevent it from happening. Been burn too many times with this stuff.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

For some reason, this is mayweather and his camp's way to put more "pressure" on Pacquiao's next fight...as in "you better win or fight is off" kinda thing... I mean.. really..they bring this out almost a week before pacman's fight? lol..

I'm pretty sure that WHEN pacman wins on the 12th.. mayweather and his camp will come up with other BS to cancel this....
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #4

Also, mayweather is about 35 years old and pacman at 34.... they SHOULD just fight already.... they are just throwing away MILLIONS for not fighting lol.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
RS controls my life!

Well, obviously. Mayweather is scared to face pacman,
He knows that he cannot match the speed and power of pacman.
CHICKEN!!!!!
Posted via RS Mobile
virus_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Manny should troll floyd and say the fight is on if he can legitimately beat ortiz
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #7
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

"Mayweather also wanted a 55-45 purse split in his favor, claiming he is the major attraction of the fight"

I want Pacquiao
Old 11-07-2011, 01:19 AM   #8
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

They should do a winner takes all. If Mayweather is that confident then he would agree to do it.
kingprince22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #9

How do you know you have too much money?

When you turn down 30-50 million for a possible 36 minute fight LOL

I think that if Mayweather had atleast 1 loss in his record, this fight would have been done a year or 2 ago lol
Old 11-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #10
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

winner takes all i say.
pinoy.solsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #11

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I like Pacman as a person, very humble down to earth helps his country a lot, and hate Mayweathers typical American all star personality, but I like Mayweather as a fighter better.
Even the experts seem to think all of Mannys aggression is the perfect match up style for probably the most elusive fighter of all time in Floyd, they dont think Manny will be able to break through Floyds defense...

This was just a rumor the way, nobody is fighting on may 5th, Mayweather did an interview where he blurbed out the date, while Manny on a late night talk show was very confused when this date was mentioned, his response was along the lines of "nobody has even called me to tell me about this fight, Floyds people need to call me if they want a fight"
Posted via RS Mobile
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best! So Mayweather should man up and fight the best to be the best.
KindeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #13
I don't get it

you guys read the ny times article on the saviness of mayweather yet?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/17/sp...t.html?_r=2&hp

we can hate all we want but the dude is savy
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #14
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
mayweather is a great fighter nobody can deny that, but he is really insecure about himself.
hes got a lot to lose by fighting manny and he knows it!
hes very elusive thats for sure. he can dodge a punch or a pacquaio related question any day of the week.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #15
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Mayweather called out Manny today,
"@FloydMayweather: Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see."

"@FloydMayweather: My Jail Sentence was pushed back because the date was locked in. Step up Punk."

Now if Bob Arum agrees to it or not
Posted via RS Mobile
dicecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #16
Need my Daily Fix of RS

lot of talk for a guy who kept backing out before
Old 01-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #17
I don't get it

Might as well have the boxing fight in the jail cell...at least it will be a cage match!!!
mercyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #18

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Official Statement: Manny Pacquiao responds to Floyd Mayweather

lol. manny dodging?

cant wait till manny accepts so floyd can whoop his ass around the ring
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #19
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I don't think he's dodging completely I think his promoter is holding out for more money. And doesn't want to jeopardize his cash cow
Posted via RS Mobile
dicecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:41 AM   #20
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Hope this fight happens nonetheless.

Clearly Floyd is down. Manny is just not responding.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #21

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Quote:
Manny Pacquiao wants to make it clear the fight can happen at the end of May- Manny wants Floyd to release his grip on May 5th, so the fight can happen for the fans.
honestly? what the fuck does that mean? the fans wont watch on the 5th of may?

can any pacquiao nut huggers make sense of this?
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #22
RS controls my life!

Mayweather has nothing to be afraid of.... Manny seems a lot slower than his former self.. I Mayweather is one arrogant prick tho and I hope he gets his faced punched in, but he has superb technical skills and impossible to hit...he always does those rushing jabs then ducks n runs away like a bitch....hope the fight happens before the guy goes to jail.
Renxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #23
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
lol money mayweather's sentence is pushed back, hurry the fuck up and fight before one of u guys dodges fuck, im tired of waiting
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #24
TMT
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Moneys on Floyd if this fight happens.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #25
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
1st Ep of On Freddie Roach airs tonight on HBO

Quote:
Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao talk

Floyd Mayweather Jr., who for the past two weeks has been relentlessly calling for fellow welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao to fight him on May 5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, raised the chase to a new level on Wednesday night -- he called Pacquiao on the telephone and spoke directly with him in the Philippines.

"They spoke," Leonard Ellerbe, one of Mayweather's advisers, told ESPN.com on Thursday.

Ellerbe would not go into the particulars of the call -- what was said or how long they spoke -- saying "the context of the conversation is between the two of them." Ellerbe said Mayweather told him about the specifics after making the call but did not want Ellerbe to go into details.

However, Mayweather provided details of his conversation with Pacquiao in an email to ESPN anchor Stan Verrett.

"I called him and asked him about us fighting May 5 and giving the World what they want to see," Mayweather's email read. "I also let him know we both can make a lot of money. He ask about a 50/50 split and I told him no that can't happen, but what can happen is you can make more money fighting me then you have made in your career. I also let him know I'm in control on my side but he needs to get on the same page with his promoter so we can make this fight happen."

The message continued: "I told him to tell his promoter that he only wants to fight Mayweather and that this fight will be the biggest fight in history. His manger came to my boxing gym a few months ago and we spoke about getting the defamation of character lawsuit dropped against me and about both fighters taking the random blood and urine test. I spoke to his manager again last night about the same thing. The call last night lasted 15 or 20 minutes. I mainly spoke to his manager he got on and off the phone real quick."

Pacquiao provided a similar account in an interview with a Filipino television network, saying he and Mayweather spoke about making the fight and doing it on a 50-50 purse split.

Their proposed showdown looms as the richest fight in boxing history if it takes place while both are universally considered the two best fighters in the world.

Ellerbe said Mayweather placed the call from Las Vegas, where he lives, to the Philippines, where Pacquiao lives and serves as a member of Congress.

Ellerbe said he was unsure how Mayweather obtained Pacquiao's direct line but added, "I'm sure that's not hard to get or find out because there have been members of Manny Pacquiao's camp who have reached out to me and other members of our team in the past. It wouldn't be that hard."

It has not been a secret that Mayweather has spoken multiple times with Michael Koncz, Pacquiao's adviser, in recent weeks.

Mayweather is insisting on May 5 because he is due to serve an 87-day jail sentence at the Clark County Detention Center in Las Vegas after a plea deal on domestic violence charges.

The judge in the case, Judge Melissa Saragosa, delayed the beginning of Mayweather's sentence from Jan. 6 to June 1 after his attorney successfully argued that he should be allowed to fight on May 5 in order to honor an existing deal with the MGM Grand and because a Mayweather fight would inject $100 million into the ailing Las Vegas economy.

Rafael's boxing blog
Get the latest scoop and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.

The June 1 date, attorney Richard Wright argued, would give Mayweather time to heal from any injuries he might suffer in a May 5 bout.

Various potential opponents for Mayweather have been raised, but he has insisted on Pacquiao, after years of a far more relaxed attitude toward making the fight, which fans have been demanding since it became the clear biggest fight in the sport in 2009.

On Thursday in Las Vegas, where Mayweather donated $100,000 to the Southern Nevada affiliate of the Susan G. Komen breast cancer charity as part of his promise to the judge, he spoke about his desire to face Pacquiao with a handful of media on hand.

"There is no fight I want more than the Manny Pacquiao fight," Mayweather told the gathered media. "I guess he said he agreed to fight. The only thing that is stopping this fight right now, that I truly believe is stopping the fight, is Bob Arum."

Top Rank chief Arum is Pacquiao's promoter. He has said he wants to make the fight but has given numerous supposed reasons why it can't be made for May 5. He has proposed doing the fight May 26 in order to construct a temporary stadium near the Las Vegas Strip to accommodate as many as 40,000 spectators, which is more than double the capacity of the MGM Grand Garden Arena, which would hold about 17,000. Arum said by keeping the fight inside the Grand Garden Arena they would be leaving millions of dollars on the table.

Arum did not return a call seeking comment.

Mayweather began to press for Pacquiao with a series of tweets beginning Jan. 11, including ones that read, "Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see," and "My Jail Sentence was pushed back because the date was locked in. Step up Punk."

During his media session Wednesday, Mayweather also shot down potential opponents such as junior middleweight titleholders Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Miguel Cotto, although he did say he would be interested in middleweight champion Sergio Martinez -- if he could make 150 pounds, 10 below the middleweight limit, as an alternative.

However, that fight is extremely unlikely to happen. Martinez is scheduled to defend his title against Matthew Macklin on March 17 in New York.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. places telephone call to Manny Pacquiao - ESPN
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: